Profile for Rayted_R > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rayted_R RSS Feed (Irvine, CA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
iXCC ® 5 pcs 3ft (THREE FEET) Black Micro USB SYNC Cable Cord Charger For Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10, Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S3/S4, Nokia Lumia, and Most Android Tablets, Android Phones, and Windows Phones
Offered by iXCC
Price: $29.99

Tech Armor Samsung Samsung Galaxy S4 (Not S4 ACTIVE) High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors -- Maximum Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy [3Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple installation, but..., July 29, 2013
Really easy to put on. Follow the directions that came with it if you need to.

What I did:
1. wash hands
2. use microfiber
3. use sticky tape
4. inspection for more dust (repeat if necessary)
5. apply the screen protector SLOWLY

It only covers 1 LED and leaves everything else bare, and it almost feels like the protector isn't there. BUT, fingerprints are very easy to put on the screen protector, especially if you have oily hands. It also likes to eat dust.

Bought this with the i-BLASON Transformer case (it has a kickstand thingy).

Syba 3 Port USB 3.0 PCI-e Card with 1 Internal USB 3.0 port (SD-PEX20080)
Syba 3 Port USB 3.0 PCI-e Card with 1 Internal USB 3.0 port (SD-PEX20080)
Price: $20.60
12 used & new from $8.32

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., May 12, 2013
Works as expected. The CD that came with the product is in a "8cm" format, not like your regular 700MB CD, so it may or may not fit in your disk tray. I listened to Vinayak and didn't even bother to use the CD anyways and directly downloaded the drivers from the via-labs site(should be in v2.10B, 66.5 MB file size, ZIP format). The box does not provide any cables of any sort so you better have a molex connector somewhere (yes you can convert SATA to Molex or split your SATA and then use a SATA-Molex converter; I will put links below)

Tech Talk/Specs (mainly for ppl that don't understand transfer speeds):
Performance is not that great, due to my PCI-E x1 being v1.0/1.1 which gives the theoretical max speed of *2.5 Gbps rather than 5 Gbps for USB 3.0. If my motherboard were to have PCI-E v2.0+ slots, then I should approach 5 Gbps. However, this USB 3.0 card does improve the performance of USB 2.0 speeds, even if by a little bit (tested with CrystalMark). I am currently using the back port (the one next to the molex) for a bluetooth dongle so it doesn't waste space. Installation of this card should have taken less than 3 minutes, but my card guard (I guess I could have removed that useless thing) kept pushing the card down in an awkward position so it took me about 20 minutes to place it in a good position.

*2.5 Gbps = ~0.31 GBps AND 5 Gbps = ~0.625 GBps
Gbps = gigaBIT per second, GBps = gigaBYTE per second

-We use Gbps/Mbps/Kbps (and possibly Tbps in the future) mainly in link/network speeds, e.g. your connection is rated at 100 Mbps.

-We use GBps/MBps/KBps (usually noted as GB/s , MB/s , KB/s) in file transfers, e.g. moving files from computer to flash drive/external hard drive.

SATA Splitter: StarTech.com PYO2SATA 6in SATA Power Y Splitter Cable Adapter - M/F
SATA TO 2x MOLEX: KingWin SATA Power Adapter Cable (SAC-05)
SATA TO 1x MOLEX: C2G / Cables to Go 10149 ATA Male to LP4 Female Power Cable -6-Inch, Multi
SATA TO MOLEX ADAPTER (NO NEED FOR MOLEX CABLES, ONLY SATA POWER CABLES): Sata to LP4 15 Pin Power Adapter

LaserJamb ProCarpenter PMS25 Pad Metric Standard Tape Measure
LaserJamb ProCarpenter PMS25 Pad Metric Standard Tape Measure
Price: $9.60
5 used & new from $9.60

5.0 out of 5 stars I broke it...kind of..., May 5, 2013
One day I decided to measure the distance from my room to the living room. I didn't pay attention that there was the limit thingy mark , so that you wouldn't overstretch the spring. So I took it apart and it was very easy to put back together, and in the process I nearly cut my fingers. Very simple internal components, so it doesn't matter if you overstretch it because it's very easy to "repair" it. Takes less than 5 minutes to redo everything once you open up the cover. I felt that the pencil sharpener was unnecessary and took it out because I think I have a high chance of cutting myself with it than to use it to sharpen pencils. It could be useful for carpenters since they use pencils frequently. The spring on this tape measure is somewhat high quality, I like the belt clip, and the casing does not feel so aggressive, more like a rubbery plastic.

NZXT Hale82N 550W 80 Plus Bronze Active 240-Pin Non-modular Power Supply, Black np-1bn-0550a-us
Offered by OutletPC

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Stuff Herr...., May 5, 2013
I bought this for about $20 to replace a fried PSU on an old Win XP computer, which I converted into Win 7. It didn't fit at first but I bent a few things in the chassis and made it fit. This PSU has A LOT OF WIRES, like 6 SATA, 4 MOLEX, the ATX connector, and some other ones (it's somewhat like that, just guessing). If you have some legacy (old) stuff, it might be overkill, but the reason that I got it was to replace a PSU, not to build a new computer. Anyways, this PSU is very high quality stuff, with protected wires, and a good solid metal casing. It comes with a few zip ties if you were wondering what else was in the box.

New Slimline Power Supply Upgrade for SFF Desktop Computer - Fits: HP Pavilion S5000, S5100BR, S5100LA, S5100Z CTO, S5103KR, S5107C, S5107KR, S5108HK, S5110LA, S5110T, S5112F, S5113W, S5114F, S5116F, S5117C, S5118F, S5120BR, S5120F
Offered by OutletPC
Price: $22.95
6 used & new from $14.35

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright...?, May 5, 2013
I got this because of the extra load of my pci cards. After about two weeks, the fan started getting choppy and made a clinky noise, maybe due to contact with the metal frame for the fan. I don't like it but I guess I gotta live with it...

Installing this was sort of complicated as I had to take out some things that were blocking the way such as the CD/DVD thingy, graphics card, and obviously the chassis fan. Installation took less than 20 min if you know what you're doing, and if you are very familiar with your computer.

Sapphire 100357LP Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Aimed for very high performance, budget in mind, February 11, 2013
Features and Specs:

Since I gave away my Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 to my brother, I got this card instead because its the latest generation of Radeons and its low profile. The package already has the low profile bracket already installed onto the card, with the full bracket under the package. It CAN overclock to 950 MHz GPU clock and 1250 MHz memory clock, so its comparable to other mid-high end cards (but its not really advisable to overclock too much so that it may burn out the card or lower its life). It already comes with a miniHDMI to HDMI adapter (a relief for me...), a miniDP to DisplayPort adapter, and a DVI (male) to VGA (female) adapter. DO USE THE PROVIDED CD, because you will be wasting time if the software from the AMD site doesn't like the card. The Catalyst version on the CD is v12.10. Sapphire, as always, has provided high quality cards at fair prices.

Gameplay:

My system specs: Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition @ 2.7GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM @ 400MHz, 3TB Seagate HDD @ 7200RPM, this graphics card @ 900MHz GPU & 1200MHz memory (defaults are 800MHz GPU and 1125MHz memory), and a 300W PSU. All games played at 1600x900 resolution, 60Hz refresh rate.

It runs COD MW1, MW2, MW3 on max settings, but Black OPs still lags at somewhat high settings since Treyarch sucks at coding its games so that it hogs a crap-ton of resources. It can handle StarCraft II on Ultra settings, Borderlands 2 on max settings, Skyrim at max settings, Fallout 3 and New Vegas on max settings, and Far Cry 3 at medium settings for best performance and graphics details. I could not really put max settings on Vindictus (on Steam, made available by Nexon, and don't bother asking for my Steam name) since high values for anti-aliasing (@ 4x) and texture quality (bilinear, trilinear, anisotropic) would bring down the FPS dramatically.

This card could possibly play all those games I mentioned above in max quality settings if I overclocked the card to the max, but I don't want to.

Final Thoughts:

With my Radeon 5450, I could not possibly have run those games on max settings, with Skyrim on lowest setting, both Fallouts on low-medium and Black OPs was unplayable. Worthy investment if you have a low profile case, and are willing to spend ~$120 rather than spend ~$30-ish for a low-mid end card. Notice that from other reviews, you do not need a "minimum" 400W PSU to use this card. A default 200-240W PSU can be fine. I will update this review if needed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2013 7:59 PM PDT

OEM Huawei HB4J1H IDEOS Comet Li-Ion Cell Phone Battery (1200 mAh) U8150 U8120
OEM Huawei HB4J1H IDEOS Comet Li-Ion Cell Phone Battery (1200 mAh) U8150 U8120
Offered by OEM Battery Supply
Price: $3.87
18 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM, January 13, 2013
It's the exact same copy as the battery that came with my phone, and also feels the same. It arrived at about 10% charge? but my phone thought it was nearly dead. The battery I got was manufactured in the exact printed day on the battery: 2011-09-16. I used a voltage tester and the voltages usually range from 3.711 - 4.257. Just the way it should be. It makes a very good backup and I keep it at around 70% charge (Li-Ion batteries are usually stored at 40-60% charge for long term storage). Nothing much more to say about this product.

Olympus MASD-1 microSD/TF to XD Card Adapter Adaptor for Acer computer
Olympus MASD-1 microSD/TF to XD Card Adapter Adaptor for Acer computer
Offered by CWP Online
Price: $5.75
9 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fiddle with it a bit., January 13, 2013
Does the job. Enough said. Just get this and a microSD. Better than buying that garbage 2GB xD card for ~$30. However, it is very hard to get the microSD in without thinking/feeling that you might crush the microSD because it is a tight fit on the microSD. Once you get the microSD in, take it out and repeat this a few times so that the slot gets looser (better to do this with a cheapy microSD in case you do smash/shatter the microSD). I have a old 32GB CL4 on my camera, and the card costs ~$24 total (microSD with this adapter).

Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 1333 MT/s  (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory Module CT102464BF1339
Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory Module CT102464BF1339
Offered by WHOLESALE TAG
Price: $85.99
10 used & new from $74.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, January 13, 2013
So I ordered this RAM module because it was a lightning deal on amazon on black friday. My computer said it can accept max 8GB of RAM but didn't specify if it would only accept 2x4GB or 1x8GB. So I tried selling it back to other people because I thought that it wouldn't work. I then said f*** it, I'll put it in my laptop anyways. Surprisingly it works, and it runs on ~1.28V consistently according to Speccy. Maybe it runs 1.35V on max load, but I have yet to find an application that forces RAM to be on max load. I tried adding my old RAM back in so I would get 12GB RAM, but it would only recognize the 8GB. Most likely its my hardware limitation or 1.5V regular RAM doesn't work together with low voltage 1.35V RAM. Crucial is usually a little bit overpriced, but has consistent quality as always. Too bad my CPU limits the RAM speed to 1066 speeds instead of the full 1333, but either way its not a noticeable difference as I've heard from other forums.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4