Profile for Christina Paul > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 396

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christina Paul "Live like you MEAN it!!" RSS Feed (Anamosa, IA USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Queen of the Dark Things: A Novel
Queen of the Dark Things: A Novel
by C. Robert Cargill
Price: $19.56
64 used & new from $4.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the first book first, August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Robert Cargill's novel, "Queen of the Dark Things" could have been a great tale. Could have been, except the dialogue seemed rushed and the rest of the novel in places left me wondering if the author actually thought out the entire story arc. Colby, dealing with the guilt over the death of his best friend, even in the best of times is not a likeable character. I have one pre-requisite of any novel and that is to find some redeeming quality in the main character. I was really hard pressed with Cody and found myself almost rooting for the antagonists in the story!

I probably should have read the first book in the series, and in order to get a better grasp of this novel, I think that would be best. I gave it three stars simply because I detest disjointed dialogue and descriptions that almost feel as if they were an afterthought.

Clif Bar Energy Bar, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, 2.4-Ounce Bars, 12 Count
Clif Bar Energy Bar, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, 2.4-Ounce Bars, 12 Count
Price: $14.99
44 used & new from $13.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Proof that snacks that are good for you don't have to taste like sawdust!, August 14, 2014
I tried Clif bars after being given one by a very health-conscious friend. I have to admit, I was doubtful, but pleasantly surprised at how palatable the Clif Bar Energy Bar White Macadamia Nut really was. They do tend to be a tad pricey in the sheme of things. However, for anyone who has actually bought a candy bar of any type in the last few years, the price difference vs. nutritional value are things each of us has to consider.

I have not tried all of the other flavors except chocolate chip and was equally pleased with the taste of those.

Witchcraft and Magic in Europe, Volume 1: Biblical and Pagan Societies
Witchcraft and Magic in Europe, Volume 1: Biblical and Pagan Societies
by Frederick H. Cryer
Price: $24.75
36 used & new from $18.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Volume 1 in an outstanding series!, August 11, 2014
I first encountered this series in my college's library. They only had a couple of volumes to this six volume set, but I could not put them down. The historical research is thorough for anyone interested in the subject of witchcraft and magic throughout history.

Volume 1 is a bit slender,unlike the rest of the set which are a bit thicker. There is sketchy information about the witch's craft during the early periods because much of what is now practiced were incorporated in both state rites of now long gone civilizations and folk ways that were not so well documented during a mostly illiterate populace. All in all, this book builds a solid foundation for the rest of the series.

D-Link Wi-Fi Day/Night Baby Camera with Remote Monitoring (DCS-820L)
D-Link Wi-Fi Day/Night Baby Camera with Remote Monitoring (DCS-820L)
Price: Click here to see our price
37 used & new from $99.09

2.0 out of 5 stars Currently I am having a slight issue hooking this camera ..., August 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Currently I am having a slight issue hooking this camera up and getting it to talk with the rest of the computers on our home network. While the instructions leave a bit to be desired, I am thinking it is probably something I am just not seeing correctly in order to get it to work.

I will update this review as soon as I can get it up and working.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2014 12:58 PM PDT

Glad Press'n Seal Wrap, 3 Count
Glad Press'n Seal Wrap, 3 Count
Price: $14.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff!, August 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We go through a lot of plastic wrap in our house. Whether it is for crafting projects or the usual duty of wrapping and saving food, I have even gone to using large commercial wraps of the stuff.

With the Glad press n seal wrap, there is less waste. It clings in ways that ordinary wrap won't, being slightly sticky. Recently this was really useful when I was making a batch of mead (honey wine) . I found myself frustrated at the gnats trying to get into my fermentation vessel, and I was finding no good way to seal it. The Glad Press N Seal was the perfect answer to the solution . The seal was tight, and kept out the things that should be kept out during the process.

The downside is that this wrap does tend to be a bit more expensive than regular cling wrap. If you have things that really needs to be sealed, this is the product you'll want.

Windex Blue 26 oz (Pack Of 2)
Windex Blue 26 oz (Pack Of 2)
Price: $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The return of an old classic was met with great relief in our house, August 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The return of an old classic was met with great relief in our house. Windex Blue 26 oz two pack is just what I had been looking for. No streaking, just bright, sparkling windows like I remember as a kid.

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Colour Protecting Moisturizing Shampoo, 8.45 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Ocean Blue Buys
Price: $4.99
16 used & new from $3.08

3.0 out of 5 stars The John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Color Protecting Moisturizing Shampoo is one of those ..., August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have tried a number of John Frieda products and I find most of them hit and miss. The John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Color Protecting Moisturizing Shampoo is one of those near misses. It smells great, rinses out fairly well, but if there were any sort of "color enhancement" to the product, I surely didn't notice it compared to other non-color-specific targeted products.

A little bit goes a long way, but not long enough to justify the current price being asked for it.

Burt's Bees Brightening Eye Treatment, 0.5 Ounces
Burt's Bees Brightening Eye Treatment, 0.5 Ounces
Price: $13.74
15 used & new from $4.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but the tube needs work, August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Burt's Bees Brightening Eye treatment is a wonderful product and you can notice the difference in the under eye area almost immediately. It works to plump up the small lines and give a youthful appearance to the delicate skin that is found directly under the eyes.

The contents of the tube are great, but it is the tube that is an absolute exasperation. The contents of the tube rather than going out the end of the applicator, went out all over the rim. I put the whole of the contents into an empty cosmetic jar I had on hand and applied the proper amount that way.

I would recommend the product itself - but the packaging definitely needs a redesign.

How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are: Love, Style, and Bad Habits
How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are: Love, Style, and Bad Habits
by Anne Berest
Price: $15.81

2.0 out of 5 stars If you have no idea who you are yet, maybe you would like to try your hand at being Parisian, August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
How to Be Parisian Wherever you Are: Love, Style and Bad Habits is an entertaining little jaunt into the lives and opinions of four friends. While sometimes all at once humorous, candid and vexing, like the French authoresses love to portray themselves, it is hard to forget that the book is geared toward 20 or 30-somethings who are image conscious and want to pull off a persona.

At other times the book comes off as vapid and superficial - as if it is all an act - and maybe it is. If you need an instruction manual to tell you how to be, then this is your book. Since I am well past this stage and in my 50's I found the book to be a bit too faux for my taste. Real style and becoming who you are takes years to accomplish and probably won't be found here.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2014 1:48 AM PDT

Quartet Cork Bulletin Board, 3 x 2 Feet, Black Aluminum Frame (2303B)
Quartet Cork Bulletin Board, 3 x 2 Feet, Black Aluminum Frame (2303B)
Price: $35.99
17 used & new from $31.53

5.0 out of 5 stars This bulletin board is the perfect size for my sewing and craft room, August 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This bulletin board is the perfect size for my sewing and craft room. Unlike many other bulletin boards available on the market, this board has a metal frame rather than a plastic one. The mounting hardware is included and it is easy for anyone to set up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20