Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Setesh > Reviews

Browse

Setesh's Profile

Customer Reviews: 107

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Setesh RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Meat Tenderizer Mallet Tool - DISHWASHER SAFE & LIFETIME GUARANTEE - Manual Hammer Pounder For Tenderizing Chicken Steak Pork & Veal in Kitchen - Professional Non Slip Silicone Handle for Pounding
Offered by Cave Tools
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable kitchen tool, July 15, 2016
If you have been using one of those cheap cast zink mallets then stop reading this review and just buy this right now. I really wish I would have done it sooner. The cheap mallets are so light weight that your wrist does more work than the mallet. This Cave Tools mallet has heft to it, and it performs so much better. It is also FAR easier to use. The weight makes all the difference. I also seem to get a more even flattening with less tearing than with the zinc mallet. I'm not sure if that's because you can use less speed on the strike with this one? Anyway, just save your poor wrist and your time and order this now. It's one of those things that I kicked myself for not doing sooner once I had used it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2016 1:36 PM PDT

Teak Butcher Block - Rectangle Cutting Board With Hand Grip ( 20 x 15 x 1.5 in.) - By Teakhaus
Offered by River Colony Trading
Price: $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional art!, June 20, 2016
This board is absolutely stunning. It serves double duty as a cutting board and a piece of art! I have only used it a few times as I spent the first week of ownership seasoning it with mineral oil. I applied rubber feet to one side to keep it off the counter top and provide traction while in use. There were no cracks or dents in the board which arrived wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap. I will try to update my review after more use, but at this point I am completely satisfied with this board and I think it will last me a long time. I attached a photo of the board half covered in mineral oil so you can see the difference seasoning it will make. It will actually be a little more dramatic of a difference than that once the oil has properly soaked in, so expect a few shades of darkening from the seasoning process.

Norpro 139 Grip-EZ Cheese Knife
Norpro 139 Grip-EZ Cheese Knife
Offered by Kitchen Outfitters Inc.
Price: $8.71
11 used & new from $8.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Angled slices, rough edges, not recommended, May 23, 2016
This knife does a very poor job of slicing cheese. The problems are 2 fold:
1. The edge is single bevel. The more firm the cheese the more the knife angles through it when slicing. On cheddar you end up with slices 40% thicker at the bottom than they top.
2. The blade is poorly stamped. The edges of the cutouts are not chambered so they grab the cheese as they pass through it.

For cheese you are far better off with a paring knife than this knife. For tomatoes this knife performs better, but no better than any serrated blade. My recommendation is to steer clear of this one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2016 9:40 AM PDT

Heat Guardian Heat Resistant Gloves - Protective Gloves Withstand Heat Up To 932℉ - Use As Oven Mitts, Pot Holders, Heat Resistant Gloves for Grilling - Features 5" Cuff for Forearm Protection
Offered by LowerPriceUSA
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves, May 23, 2016
Great gloves. The key feature of these over others I have tried is they go further up my arm, protecting me much better than the pair I bought previously. With the other gloves I would burn my forearms, these have all but eliminated that. I would definitely recommend.

Soloxo Handheld Milk Frother - Cappuccino Espresso Latte Coffee Foam Maker, Dual Speed
Offered by SOLOXO
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great frother, April 4, 2016
Absolute powerhouse. It also stands up easily, which is a feature I sorely miss every time I use the cheap version I bought for the office. I highly recommend this model. I use it for making macha and it works great for that too.

Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
Price: $399.00
15 used & new from $399.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best, but there is always room for improvement., April 4, 2016
I started with charcoal grilling on a Weber kettle and always loved it but wanted more work space. The Performer Deluxe has work space in spades, and I love it! This is a well known grill, so I won't get too wordy. As a summary for those with short attention spans, just buy this grill, I can't see you regretting the purchase, there is just so much to love. And now for the pro/con list:

Pros:
Huge work surface is my favorite feature. It is no longer plastic, but a texture painted metal and very sturdy. Plenty of room to have plates laid out ready to receive burgers, franks, etc.. You can have your foil/paper laid out, plop your pork butt, ribs, brisket onto it, juice it, wrap it up, and back on the grill in moments. No walking to a work surface, it's right there!
Much more stable than the kettle. I always worry about the kids knocking the kettle over, but this thing is solid as a rock. I don't worry when rolling it with lit charcoal like with the Kettle.
Weber customer service. Have a problem? Weber will make it right. Mine came with a broken leg support. A short call to Weber and they sent me a new one.
Weber build quality. This thing is built really well, and well thought out too. They are always improving little details. For instance, the lid on this model now sits more upright when put in the holder so that it doesn't get in your way as much as the previous model. I would still have liked to see a lid hanger on the inside of the lid, more on that in the Cons section.
The hole in the center of the grate and hinged sides give you all the access you could need to your fuel grate during a cook. I use the snake/fuse method when smoking and not having to take the grate off to extend the snake is really nice.
Push button lighting of your charcoal! This is a much larger benefit than I thought it would be. No more bits of burning paper and ash flying around, no more lighter, matches, torches, whatever...just turn the dial, push the button, and you have flame on your charcoal. It lights the charcoal faster and more thoroughly than the paper method does too, so you reduce your startup time by a good 5 minutes. If you grill as much as I do this adds up. And if you are one of those people that use lighter fluid then stop reading this and BUY THIS NOW.
The ash pan is a must have, especially if it is windy where you live. Keeps embers and ashes from blowing around.
The fuel bin is a handy spot to store charcoal and a spare propane cylinder.
Excellent warranty.

Cons:
Screws for lid holder protrude into the kettle in a way that can interfere with grate removal/replacement. Not in a big way, but still can be annoying.
Hooks for tools on the front aren't as useful as the hooks on the handles of the kettles. Still, I have tried to figure out what I would do differently and couldn't see a better way of doing it.
No lid on fuel bin. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Spiders and such won't get in if there is a lid, this doesn't have one. You can use a bin liner and a bungee cord as a makeshift lid if you want.
No hook on inside of lid. It's not a bid deal since you have the great lid basket, but it seems like they should have left the classic hanger hook on the inside of the lid so you could hang it low if you wanted to. I asked Weber why they removed it and the nice lady said she didn't know.
The bottom shelf doesn't give you much storage space as there is a bin, tools hanging, and the ash pan taking up most of the access to the shelf. It is good for keeping accessories like rib racks and such on, but not super useful because of the limited access.
Still no markings on the bottom vent slider to show how open/closed the vents are. You would think this would be easy for them to do, and since you can't see your vents a lot of the time it would be very handy. Just use a sharpie and mark 0, 25, 50, 75, and 100 percent open on the metal. Then you will have a very good idea of how your vent is set when you cant actually see it. Because of the shape of the vent lobes the markings won't be linear, but it's easy enough to eyeball.
Larger and heavier than the Kettle. Not easy to take to the lake like the Kettle. But really, portability is what the Smokey Joe excels at, so just buy a Joe and use it for travel.

Overall, my cons are small and almost nitpicks. The fact remains that this is the best grill I have ever used, bar none. You can grill, braise, broil, smoke, and cook low and slow. I've made some amazing food on this grill, and I'll be doing it for years to come since this grill is built to last.
Comment Comment | Permalink

KleenKover Carpet Film Temporary Carpet Protection 24" X 200' Reverse Wind - Made in USA
Offered by AAA Industrial Supply
Price: $34.95
2 used & new from $34.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Left a film on our carpet, October 15, 2015
This film is thicker and better quality than what you will find at the orange or blue hardware stores. The only problem we had with it was it left a sticky film on our carpet. The film was applied for 23 days, which is less than the recommended maximum in the instructions. The solution for removing the adhesive from the carpet is steam cleaning, which is both expensive and a pain. I would only recommend using this film where it will remain on the carpet for a short time. I wouldn't go more than a week ever again. I would also make sure that sunlight from a window doesn't hit the film as that would likely cause the same problem very quickly.

Chillz Blox Large Ice Cube Tray for Whiskey - Silicone Ice Mold Maker - Molds 8 X 2 Inch Ice Cubes (2 Pack)
Offered by The Classic Kitchen
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've found, October 15, 2015
I have been using these daily since July 2015 and they are just like new. The reason I like these particular ones so much is because of how sturdily built they are. The other ones I tried were so floppy that I would spill on the way to the freezer. These are sturdy enough that I have had no problems with spilling at all. They also stack extremely well, although stacking will make the bottom tray take longer to freeze. The ice cubes these make last much longer in drinks than standard cubes, which is why I purchased these.

Tenby Living Salt and Pepper Grinder Set with Two Stainless Steel Top Glass G...
Offered by Jetpack Media
Price: $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good grinders for salt and pepper, October 15, 2015
These are good grinders. They adjust to a fine grind if needed, store with the grinder upright so you don't have spillage, and hold a good amount. The only problem I have is that the lids don't stay on well at all and are somewhat of a pain to align properly. I just stopped using the lids altogether. Otherwise I like these grinders.

Kingston Brass KS3195NML Magellan Design 1/4 Turn Water Filter Faucet, Oil Rubbed Bronze
Price: $42.22
41 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for water filter, October 15, 2015
Easy installation, excellent finish, smooth operation, great looks. This has been in use since May 2015 and looks and performs like new.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11