Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Dr. Patricia Fitzgerald > Reviews

Browse

Dr. Patricia Fit...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr. Patricia Fitzgerald RSS Feed (Santa Monica, CA)

I Can See Clearly Now
I Can See Clearly Now
by Wayne W. Dyer
Price: $11.53
85 used & new from $6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars It helped me to remember all of the guides on my own journey and inspired me a great deal. A great reminder how the universe gui, March 16, 2015
This review is from: I Can See Clearly Now (Paperback)
Dr. Dyer, thank you so much for sharing your journey. I can't thank you enough for the inspiration you have provided over the years, and to read about your inner process was quite a treat. It helped me to remember all of the guides on my own journey and inspired me a great deal. A great reminder how the universe guides us to our highest good when we are open to receive the gifts, pay attention/develop our inner guidance system, and relax, allow, and enjoy.

The Power (The Secret)
The Power (The Secret)
by Rhonda Byrne
Price: $14.97
249 used & new from $3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable read for living a life of wonder, love, and joy! Thank you Rhonda Byrne!!, January 1, 2015
This review is from: The Power (The Secret) (Hardcover)
I cannot thank Rhonda Byrne enough for writing this book!!! I have listened to the audio in my car countless times and keep the book by my bed and read a passage before I meditate. I have read many spiritual and self-help books for decades, and The Power is by far one that has influenced my life beyond measure. I have recommended it to many people, and they have had amazing experiences as well.

Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love
Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love
by Agapi Stassinopoulos
Price: $16.45
75 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars So enjoyable, inspirational, and authentic, January 30, 2012
After having read this wonderful book for the third time, I had to post a review! When I first opened Unbinding the Heart, I thought I would just read a chapter or two. As I finished each chapter, I kept saying telling myself "one more chapter" until I found myself staying up all night to finish the book! Usually I fall asleep with a book in my hands; this is the first time I can remember a book having the opposite effect.

What about this book kept me wanting more?

What is unique about this book is that the author, Agapi Stassinopoulos, conveys her authenticity, warmth, and vulnerability in a way that draws you in. Agapi takes you through a fascinating journey of her life in Greece and the United States. As you read the stories, you connect with Agapi's amazing heart. The book is so well written and intimate that I felt like Agapi was holding my hand through the journey of life, guiding me with real life examples that helped her find her authentic self. She gave me hope that I can find mine. Agapi doesn't shy away from sharing her deepest struggles. She comes across as a very sincere and humble person with a deeply caring heart. She also has a great sense of humor!

Some books that fall into the self-help category can be useful in that they give us principles to ponder. Often those ideas primarily affect our intellect, however, and we think these principles would be good to incorporate, and we may consider them. What sets Unbinding the Heart apart from most self-help books that I have read is that this book speaks from the heart of the author to the heart of the reader. As I was reading and simply enjoying the stories, not looking for any advice, per se, I found that I experienced several insights that allowed me to experience healing in my own life. I felt like I had received an infusion of grace that truly opened my heart.

In a culture that seems saturated with "life coaches" and "relationship experts", Agapi makes no claims to be an expert on how to live life or navigate relationships. Yet, ironically she is a true expert, a wise teacher--she actually walks the talk.

This beautiful book is also a great gift. I've given it to several people who wouldn't ever be caught reading a "self-help" or "spiritual" book. They found Agapi and her stories so enjoyable, and their hearts were touched in magnificent, unexpected ways.

I think the author is really onto something with this "unbinding the heart" concept. In a culture striving to accumulate more Facebook friends and Twitter followers, Agapi reminds us of the intimacy we need with our friends and family to really be whole.

Unbinding the Heart is such a gift. It draws you in, touches your heart, and leaves you hopeful, more inspired, and wanting to spend time on a Greek island with Agapi listening to more of her stories!