Profile for PT Cruiser > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PT Cruiser RSS Feed (West Coast)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OxyLED T-02 DIY Stick-on Anywhere Portable 10-LED Wireless Motion Sensing Closet Cabinet LED Night Light / Stairs Light / Step Light Bar with Magnetic Strip (Battery Operated) - Silver
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $14.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and handy, April 21, 2014
The thing I like best about this OxyLED light is that it's so easy to install. Just open the end piece and put in four AAA batteries (not included) and it's ready to go. Peel the backing off its strong adhesive strip on the bottom and attach it anyplace you need a little extra light, such as in the closet, under a cabinet, or in a drawer or cupboard. It detects motion and body heat within about 3 to 5 feet. The 10 bright white LED bulbs will stay lit as long as you keep moving and for about 15 seconds after you stop. The light is pretty much a pure white, not warm and not that cool bluish color of some LEDs. When you need to replace the batteries you don't have to worry about getting the sticky strip off of whatever you stuck it to because there's a magnet runs the length of the fixture between the strip and the lights that holds it in place but it's easy to remove when the batteries need replacing.

Someone asked the question about installing this under the toe kick of a cabinet. This light works very well for that, and had a very nice effect each time we walked past the the cabinet. It did an excellent job of lighting up that area of the floor and making all the little dust and dirt shnibblies visible that were conveniently hidden before. Now, a meticulous housekeeper would think that's a good thing, all the better to rush over with a broom or mop and take care of that right away. I immediately relocated this fixture! I put it under an upper cabinet, in a darkish corner of our kitchen. Now when we walk over there to use something on the counter or to open the drawer, we have a nice bright light that automatically turns itself off when we walk away. I added a couple images for you to see in the images section.

I was provided a sample for review.

Tasc Performance Men's Carrollton Performance Running Tee Shirt
Tasc Performance Men's Carrollton Performance Running Tee Shirt
Price: $25.00 - $31.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband gives this two thumbs up, April 21, 2014
I husband is 6 foot tall and weighs about 165 pounds. The Medium size fits him well. The cobalt color is attractive but the real beauty of the shirt is the soft drape of the fabric. I like that it's natural cotton and bamboo viscose, natural fabrics that breathe well. A nice feature is the 50+ UPF rating. UPF standards are to fabrics what SPF is for skin creams, a means of measuring a fabric's ability to block UV rays. Since my husband takes long walks in the sun, it's nice to know that the protection is there. He really likes the softness and light weight of the shirt and the silky feel and stretchiness of the fabric. He says it's very comfortable. It has nice detail and is well put together, so while the price is rather high for a T-shirt, the comfort another nice features mean that it will probably be worn often.

Lipton K-Cup Packs, Classic Unsweetened ICED Tea, 24 Count
Lipton K-Cup Packs, Classic Unsweetened ICED Tea, 24 Count
Price: $19.61
7 used & new from $18.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick iced tea with very good flavor, April 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These Lipton K-Cups provide a quick way to make iced tea. I simply brewed a cup of tea with my Kuerig and then pored it over a glass of ice. I used about 6 ounces of water in the cup. The instructions recommend using a plastic glass with the ice since pouring the hot tea over a glass of cold ice could potentially break the glass. The flavor of the tea was pretty close to regular brewed tea and I like the fact that there isn't any added sugar or flavors. It's quicker making ice tea this way then brewing a cup with the teabag, but not by a whole lot. Mostly it's just the convenience of using the Kuerig that many of us have become accustomed to. We are spoiled. I also use these cups to make a cup hot tea. Using about 10 ounces of water worked perfectly.

Dog Nail Clippers - Sharp and Strong Stainless Steel Blade for Medium and Large Breeds - Pet Nail Trimmer with Safety Stop and Nail File © Pet Magasin (Pink, Large)
Offered by PetMagasin Direct
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality nail clippers with a safety stop, April 17, 2014
We have two dogs and cats that hate to have their nails clipped. But these Pet Pet Magasin Nail Clippers make it easier because they are very sharp and they have a safety stop which helps to prevent cutting too far into the nail. This works for medium to large dogs. For smaller dogs and cats the safety stop is usually too far down, so I simply eyeball the pet's nail like I would with any ordinary clipper.

The thing I really like about this product are the silicone cushioned handles. This makes it so much easier to hold the clippers securely without them slipping out of my hand, especially when trying to hold on to a pet at the same time. I feel a lot more confident in using them than I did with the old clippers. The other thing that I really like is the sharpness of the blades. I really notice it on the dogs nails which are pretty thick. It takes a lot less effort to go through them with these blades. These are high quality nail clippers and they're made of stainless steel so they should stay sharp for a long time. There is even a little nail file stored in the handle where it's handy in case it's needed.

I was provided with a sample of this product for testing and review.

Quirky Cordies Desktop Cable Management for power cords and charging accessory cables (Gray)
Offered by Rivenbrook Inc.
Price: $11.99
44 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped straighten up a messy desk, April 17, 2014
This Quirky cable management device, along with a Quirky Pivot Power 6 Outlet Flexible Surge Protector Power Strip (White) helped to make our kitchen desk where we charge our smart phones and other electronic devices a lot less messy. We installed a small shelf under the back of the desk against the wall, about 6 inches beneath the desktop. We drilled a hole in the top of the desk to run the cords to the top. We placed the power outlet on the little shelf under the desk and turned the outlets so all the adapters fit in. (The power outlet is just above the desktop.)

We also plugged a couple of these types of USB adapters 4 Port 2.1 Amp USB Wall Charger into the Quirky Power Strip. Then we plugged the charging cords into the adapters and ran them up through the hole in the desk. We put this cord manager on top of the desk to hold the ends of all the charging cords. It doesn't take up a lot of space and it's easy to pull the cords in and out of it. It would be nice if it were a little bit heavier, but it works. The desk looks so much neater now and we don't have to look at all the cords and chargers.

Wedgees Eyeglass Retainers and Eyewear Holders (Red Sewn)
Wedgees Eyeglass Retainers and Eyewear Holders (Red Sewn)
Offered by Wedgees Eyeglass Retainers

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and comfortable, April 17, 2014
Such a seemingly simple thing as these Wedgees can make all the difference. I just got a pair of new glasses with the larger plastic frames which are in style now and I love them. But because of the larger size and the way the plastic frames are made they just love to slide down. I was starting to feel like a nerd, pushing them back up with my finger, over the bridge of my nose every 5 minutes. If I didn't push them back up I wasn't looking through the center of the lens and the prescription wasn't as effective. So I ordered these Wedgees in the Classic Red color to match my frames and they did the trick. I just slid them over the ends of the frame, over my ears, and forgot about them. They were comfortable. I got busy doing something else and didn't even think about them until I realized an hour later, "Hey, my glasses haven't slid down!" What more can I say? Oh. Yeah. They even sent along an extra pair to help offset the cost of shipping these little guys. How cool is that? I added a photo to the images section so you can see them.

The Voices At CERN
The Voices At CERN
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fascinating!, April 17, 2014
I have always been interested in the news stories about the Large Hadron Collider or LHC that sits deep in the ground beneath the borders of Switzerland and France, accelerating particles to near light-speed and smashing them into each other to discover the universe's tiniest particles, and perhaps how universe began. The confirmation of the Higgs Boson was something that I couldn't even begin to wrap my brain around. But I still love to read articles about it. So I was happy to discover this novel by Franklin Clermont which takes place at CERN, the world's largest particle physics laboratory where the LHC is located. I don't want to give away anything about the story beyond what you've probably already read in the introduction so there are no spoilers here. The main characters are Shannon Fields, the senior press relations officer, who works at CERN, putting information about the lab's discoveries into easily understood language for the average layperson. Her father is a senior physicist who works there and she consults with him on a regular basis to explain the process and results of the LHC experiments. His character has a wonderful way with analogies, comparing some of the most complicated test results and ideas into terms that the average person can relate to. Although this is a novel, there is a lot of very real information about the LHC and quantum physics that Clermont relates via these characters. I was absolutely fascinated and totally involved in his story. I loved it.

This was definitely a page turner, the kind that not only kept me awake reading, but it included so many mind boggling ideas that I had a difficult time turning off my thoughts after I went to bed. The parts of the book that were strictly fiction, the voices, introduced a lot of what-ifs and some very heavy philosophical thoughts. I think it's the type of story that one has to view with an open mind even if the characters come to different conclusions than the reader might reach.

If there is any criticism that I have of the novel, it is that I would have liked to see more character development. There was just enough to make the main characters likable but I wanted to get to know Shannon and her father a lot better to understand why they held some of the beliefs that they did. This story begs for a sequel. I hope Clermont has one in the works!

Swingline LightTouch Reduced Effort Stapler, 50% Easier, 20 Sheets, Black (S7066402)
Price: $12.99
41 used & new from $11.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes it easy to staple bunches of pages, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was skeptical of the claims that this stapler could staple up to 20 pages with very little effort. Most of the staplers I've used made it difficult to staple half that amount. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. I was able to staple 25 magazine pages together without even leaning in to the stapler. It was easy! One thing you have to know though, is that it only seems to like Swingline S.F. 4 Premium Chisel Point Staples, 0.25 Inch Leg Length, 1 Box, 5,000 Staples per Box, Silver (S7035450) staples. When I first got it I tried another brand of staples that fit into the stapler just fine. But when I tried to staple something the whole thing jammed up so bad that I had to use a long nosed pliers to released the jammed staples. Oh yes, I tried it a second time. (Some people never learn.) The same thing happened. So I ordered these staples and it hasn't jammed since. I probably should knock it down a star because of that, but now that I have the correct staples it's better than any stapler I've used in the past. It's one less annoyance in my day not having to fight to get several pages stapled together.

insync Natural Probiotic Supplement, 45 Count
insync Natural Probiotic Supplement, 45 Count
Price: $18.75
7 used & new from $13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Support tor the "good flora" in the intestines, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I came to appreciate probiotics about 6 years ago when a dentist prescribed an antibiotic after some dental work that ended up killing off most of the good flora in my intestines. There was some bad bacteria lurking in there that had been kept in check by the good, but with the imbalance, the bad took over and made me very ill. I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that it wasn't pretty. When my doctor realized what was going on he prescribed yet another antibiotic but it took a couple of months before things were back to normal. I discovered probiotics during that time and they were what finally got me through the worst of it, adding back in some of the good flora that had been killed off. I'm now a believer and although I've been fine since, I continue to take probiotics. For me it seems like good insurance.

Insync is a new one for me and I've been taking it for a couple weeks. I like it because it's flavorless and odorless and is easy to take. I like it because it has this thing called GI Guard -- a patented technology which releases gradually over time and keeps the probiotic from getting zapped by strong stomach acid, so they arrive alive to do their thing. According to their literature insync contains 3 billion live bacteria at time of manufacture and provides a minimum of 1 billion live bacteria at time of product expiration. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around that number of bacteria or how many billions are needed. But I do know that this brand, along with a high fiber diet, keeps everything working the way it should and keeps me feeling well.

Etronic ® Ultra Comfort Massage Travel Neck Pillow ET-105 - 6 Massage Modes - Headrest Strap - CE Certified [3-Year Warranty]
Offered by E Depot Express
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for relaxation and for traveling, April 12, 2014
This is a great little travel pillow that wraps around the neck and has six different vibration modes. It's filled with microbeads which feel nice and comfy and conform to my neck and shoulders. It has an elastic strap across the back that could be used over the handle of a rolling suitcase or to secure it to the headrest of a car seat. (Not for the driver but for a passenger.) But it also likes to stay home. I find it very relaxing to put it on and then lie back against a pillow on the sofa or lie down on the bed. The vibration is strong enough that it is easily felt but not so strong that it is teeth jarring. It has helped me in relieving a tension headache. There are 6 different modes made up of two different speeds, high and low. They are as follows:

Mode 1: Vibration massage with low frequency to improve the efficient relaxation

Mode 2: Vibration massage with high frequency to also work on the deep-lying muscles

Mode 3: Vibration massage with high alternating frequencies for especially effective improvement of blood circulation

Mode 4: Vibration massage with high and low alternating frequencies -- loosens muscle tension and improves the blood flow

Mode 5: Automatically switches through modes 1 to 4

Mode 6: Automatically switches through modes 1 to 5 with an alternative sequence.

Modes 1, 2 and 4 are my favorites. It's quiet enough that I wouldn't hesitate to bring it along on a plane although when you're leaning against it you hear the vibration through the base of your skull and your neck which makes it seem a little louder. To me the sound is relaxing enough to make me fall asleep. I've also used it with headphones and some soothing meditation music. The instruction manual states that the maximum operating time for one session is 10 minutes and that prolonged use reduces the life of the of the unit. It also says that it could overheat after 10 minutes. I'm not sure if they're being overly cautious or not, but it's sure hard to limit myself to 10 minutes. I haven't noticed it becoming overheated.

It runs on two AA batteries that are inserted into a little plastic box inserted into the pillow in a zippered compartment. The battery box cannot be felt when using the neck pillow. The top of the pillow has a soft velour type cover on the top and the underside is a smooth, stretchy type of microfiber. (The cover is not removable.) It is spot cleanable and can't be washed or dry cleaned. It looks to be very well-made and durable and comes with a three-year warranty against defects in material or workmanship.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20