Profile for PT Cruiser > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PT Cruiser RSS Feed
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
dr. brandt Cellusculpt, 6.3 oz.
dr. brandt Cellusculpt, 6.3 oz.
Price: $59.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much in the way of results, February 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Who doesn't want to get rid of cellulite? (Probably only those who don't have any!) So I was anxious to see if this dr. Brandt Celluscript could remove the cellulite from the backs of my thighs. I always hope for a miracle. It would be great if I could just apply a cream and the cellulite would just dissolve away and my thighs would look like they belonged to a twenty-something instead of those of a woman whose age is an unlisted number. Well, this cream went on easily and the applicator with the little round bearings in the top that roll over the skin while dispensing the cream are kind of unique. And the cream has sort of a medicinal fragrance which smells like serious stuff for cellulite melting. But even after using it a couple times per day, not a lot of improvement is seen. It does act as a good moisturizer, so my skin is a little smoother. But my thighs aren't sculpted or smaller in any way and the cellulite is still there. I will continue to use it, but I will be very surprised if the cellulite is actually affected.

Avery Door Hanger with Tear-Away Cards, Matte White, 4.25 x 11 inches, Pack of 80 (16150)
Price: $8.49
31 used & new from $8.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to design and tear-away cards are handy, February 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These door hangers are very handy for door to door advertising with the 2 tear-away cards at the bottom and are easy to print up on our home PC. There are pre-made design templates and graphics on the Online Avery Design center, or you can use your own graphics to do any kind of design you want. I thought these would be a nice way to let neighbors know of a future get together rather than trying to slip flyers under the door where they could get eaten by the dog or carried off by who knows what.

I used a couple of these to remind us that the home security alarm was armed. Somehow, one of us always seems to forget to disarm the system, early in the morning when we stumble groggily out of bed to let the dogs out, and then the alarm goes off waking everyone else. I printed an attractive, bright colored door hanger with one side stating that the system was armed and the other side saying it was off. This is working well with the bright colors and bold lettering. I didn't repeat really need the bottom tear-away cards so I just put some graphics across the bottom. I'm thinking that I may laminate them in the future so they'll last indefinitely.

Sport shoes Shoelaces no tie - Plain Black Elastic Shoe Lace and Lock Fastening for Life Hackers, Kids, Elders, Sports Performers and the fashionable! With Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by AMZN LIFE
Price: $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes putting on and taking off my shoes fast, February 26, 2015
The thing I like best about these shoelaces is that I can put my running shoes on and take them off quickly now that I don't have to tie and untie them each time. They stay snugly fastened and look pretty good. They're stretchy and adjustable so they are always the right tightness. They weren't actually difficult to use the first time but I wish there had been better instructions included. It took a little figuring out to get the first one installed. It's nice that they included an extra lace just in case you screw one up. Now, they've turned my shoes into slip-ons which I really like. They come in a nice variety of colors too.

Samsonite Travel Accessories Double Inflatable Neck Pillow with Travel Pouch
Samsonite Travel Accessories Double Inflatable Neck Pillow with Travel Pouch
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for traveling and relaxing, February 24, 2015
I like this inflatable neck pillow for traveling because when deflated, it folds up into s small size that's easy to throw in my purse, briefcase or backpack. Neck pillows are the only way I seem to be comfortable when trying to snooze on a flight. This one inflates in a minute or so and is very comfortable. An advantage of an inflatable one over a foam or bead filled pillow is that you can put just the right amount of air in it to suit your comfort level, kind of like a Sleep Number bed.

This one has a small section around the inner edge which helps to keep it in place around my neck and makes it very comfortable. This is also a nice neck pillow for using when relaxing on the sofa or reading. It seems to be made very well and should last a long time.

Sentry 3 Count Fiproguard Plus for Dogs Squeeze-On, 4-22-Pound
Sentry 3 Count Fiproguard Plus for Dogs Squeeze-On, 4-22-Pound
Price: $35.66
8 used & new from $27.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and effective, February 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This flea killer has most of the same ingredients as other flea products of this type that we've used for years successfully. In fact the main ones, Fipronil, and (s)-methoprene are the same active ingredients used in Frontline Plus which we've used in the past on our two dogs. We don't use these products every month anymore now that the flea problems are under control, but it seems that each Spring we see our dogs begin to scratch and treat them right away and can often alleviate any more problems for the rest of the year. The thing is that it's easy to pick up fleas from other dogs or when walking the dogs in areas where other dogs have been. We try to be vigilant.

The first time we used this type of flea killer was years ago in our previous home and we used it on our cats. Although our cats never went outdoors we probably picked up some flea eggs or larvae outside the house and brought them home on our shoes or clothing. Once there are a few fleas they multiply quickly. We used flea powders and even tried flea bombs, but neither were effective or very healthy for the cats or for us. The powder was awful. When I bought some of this type of product from a vet, I wasn't expecting much since the other products had failed and the cats were full of fleas and miserable. I applied the squeeze-on product to each cat and 24 hours later we couldn't find a single live flea on any of them. We used it monthly for a few months and then only used it occasionally as needed. Since that time we've always used this type of product on our cats and dogs. I'm happy to see this Sentry brand at a price that is reasonable.

Bosch SHP65T55UC 500 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star
Offered by Home Care Company
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $899.00

4.0 out of 5 stars We purchased this in white, February 21, 2015
Bosch dishwasher

The dishwasher this replaced was a KitchenAid which was almost 20 years old. It was noisy and didn't do a great job of cleaning our dishes and glasses. Because it was noisy, a quiet dishwasher was one of the things that we were looking for and that led us to Bosch. This dishwasher is very quiet and even in a silent room it is usually hard to hear it. In fact it has a red light under the door that shines against the floor to tell you it is on. So 5 stars on the sound factor. This dishwasher does an excellent job of cleaning our dishes, silverware and glasses. Using Finish Dishwashing packets, it even removed some of the long existing deposits from glasses that I thought were permanently etched. It takes a lot longer to wash the dishes than our old dishwasher. A Normal cycle is 130 - 135 minutes. The Auto cycle is 105 - 135 minutes. Heavy is 110 - 135 minutes. There is an Express cycle which is 30 minutes. The water temperature is a factor in the cycle time and whether it's heavy or light. There are also Half Load, Delicate, Sanitize, Extra Shine and SpeedPerfect cycles. We generally use the Auto cycle. We will probably never use all these settings because the Auto works fine and quite frankly I haven't taken the time to go through all of these settings and figure out which does what. But there is a table in the manual which shows details for each.

The dishwasher doesn't have the grinder thingie like our old one did, to grind up and pass through bits of food residue. It has a filter system which consists of a coarse filter, a flat fine filter and a micro filter. The filters keep large foreign objects in the rinsing water away from the pump. Foreign objects may occasionally block the filter so it needs to be checked every so often. There are instructions in the manual for cleaning the filter. We rinse our dishes to remove any large bits of food anyway, because with three people we can go several days between washing other than when we have company. So this isn't a big factor for us.

The dishwasher finishes washing cycles with very hot water and the rinse agents you add facilitate in making the droplets run off so dishes dry naturally without hot air like the old dishwasher. It does mean that we have to leave the dishes in the dishwasher to give them time to dry. If we open it right after the cycle ends the dishes sometimes are still a little wet. I know this sounds counterintuitive since there is no moving air once the cycle stops, but if we wait an hour or so after the cycle, the dishes come out dry. If they didn't there is the option for setting the rinse temperature higher. We've had no problem so far. Everything has come out beautiful and spotless.

This dishwasher isn't the same width as the old one, it it's a fraction of an inch narrower. This leaves a slight gap on either side, but not enough to be a real factor.
I do notice that the inside is smaller. There is a third rack on top that can be removed for things like serving spoons and other items that are a couple inches tall. It can also be used for silverware. There is a silverware basket that I really like because it keeps the surfaces of the silverware exposed and keeps the pieces from touching each other. It can also be left open and used like our old one. But this system seems to work better. There is a wineglass stem holder on one side of the top each that is a godsend for keeping wine glasses upright and on an angle. It also folds back if you don't want to use it. A couple of the rows of tines also fold down to accommodate large or irregularly shaped items.

The one thing I don't like about this Bosch is that it's difficult to fit bowls in the racks because the tines are very close together. The bowls I'm talking about are cereal size bowls. We end up using more space because we have to lie some of them most of the way down in order to fit them in. A friend of mine passed on this dishwasher because of this. Her husband insisted on bringing a few of their dishes to the store to fit into the dishwashers they were looking at. This one didn't make the cut. We are making it work and because we don't use a huge amount of dishes, running it more often isn't a factor. When we have the first big gathering where we use a lot of bowls I may feel differently. I will try to post some photos so you can see.

So would we buy this dishwasher again? If you would have asked me the first week we have it I might have said no. But as we get used to using it I'm liking it more and more. It's a whole different animal from any previous dishwasher I have owned. It uses less water, and I think less electricity in spite of the longer cycle than our old one. And everything comes out sparkling. Sometimes new and different is a good thing.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bosch SHP65T52UC 500 Series Energy Star Rating Dishwasher with Pocket Handle, in White.
Offered by Appliances Connection
Price: $869.00
2 used & new from $869.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet but not perfect, February 21, 2015
Bosch dishwasher

The dishwasher this replaced was a KitchenAid which was almost 20 years old. It was noisy and didn't do a great job of cleaning our dishes and glasses. It was also noisy, so a quiet dishwasher was one of the things that we were looking for and that led us to Bosch. This dishwasher is very quiet and even in a silent room it is usually hard to hear it. In fact it has a red light under the door that shines against the floor to tell you it is on. So 5 stars on the sound factor. This dishwasher does an excellent job of cleaning our dishes, silverware and glasses. Using Finish Dishwashing packets, it even removed some of the long existing deposits from glasses that I thought were permanently etched. It takes a lot longer to wash the dishes than our old dishwasher. A Normal cycle is 130 - 135 minutes. The Auto cycle is 105 - 135 minutes. Heavy is 110 - 135 minutes. There is an Express cycle which is 30 minutes. The water temperature is a factor in the cycle time and whether it's heavy or light. There are also Half Load, Delicate, Sanitize, Extra Shine and SpeedPerfect cycles. We generally use the Auto cycle. We will probably never use all these settings because the Auto works fine and quite frankly I haven't taken the time to go through all of these settings and figure out which does what. But there is a table in the manual which shows details for each.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Kitchen Dish Towels (13 Units) • Liliane Collection Commercial Grade Absorbent 100% Cotton Kitchen Towels • Classic Tea Towels (13, Red) • Bakers Dozen Includes 13 Kitchen Towels
Offered by Liliane Collection
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars We love them as dinner napkins, February 21, 2015
I love these towels! We use them as dinner napkins. I got the idea from a friend of mine who first saw them at a classy restaurant and went online to find and order them. They're about the size of a full size placemat, so perfect size for a napkin. We wanted to cut down on our use of paper napkins, which along with other paper goods are getting pricey these days. I had forgotten how much nicer it is to use cloth napkins on a daily basis. These become softer with washing and are very absorbant. They came with instructions to wash in cool water and dry at a cooler temperature to limit shrinkage. (They are 100% cotton and are supposed to shrink some.) they also said to was them before first use. I washed them in warm to hot water, along with some other wash. I dried them in a hot dryer. They may have shrunk a little more than they would have in cool water, but since they're being used as napkins that doesn't bother me. I also want to be able to wash them with other items and not have to do a special load. They came out a little wrinkled but it's acceptable to us for everyday. I will iron them when using for company. Maybe.(I hate ironing!) I think they may come out less so after washing a few more times.

These have a tight herringbone weave which looks really classy and sets them apart from some of the other vintage look towels. I also have a set of the blue striped towels and am using the red for Valentines and Christmas. I just ordered the green for the St. Patrick's Day season. I folded them in half the long way, rolled them up and placed them in the basket on the kitchen table. I'm attaching a photo so you can see how nice they look. (There are 13, but a few are in the wash.) I'm also attaching a photo of one right out of the wash. They come out a little wrinkled but they're fine for our purposes without ironing. Two thumbs up for a great product!
Comment Comment | Permalink

LAX Gadgets Slim and Protective Grip Shield Case for iPhone 6 - Retail Packaging - Gold
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and functional, February 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The thing I like best about this LAX Gadgets Slim Case is that it doesn't add a lot of bulk to my iPhone 6 but it still offers protection. There is a .6mm lip that comes up over the edge of the screen that protects the screen from breakage should it be dropped. The plastic bumper around the edge offers protection and improves the grip. The back has an attractive small champagne checked pattern that goes well with my iPhone which is also champagne. The back surface is smooth and shiny, but if has 6 little raised ridges going across the width, that give some additional grip to the case. I have kind of mixed feelings about the surface of phone cases. On one hand a very rubberized surface gives an excellent grip. On the other hand, when I want to put the phone in my pocket that type of surface sticks to my clothing and makes it more difficult to take it out or replace it. That type of surface also collects lint and pet hair. So this case is a nice compromise in that it's easy to place and remove from a pocket, yet it gives a good amount of protection.

The cutouts for the charging cord and headphone leave plenty of room to plug the cables in unobstructed. The camera lens cutout doesn't interfere with picture taking. And I like the round cut out in the back, showing the Apple logo. All in all, this is a very nice case.

NATURAL Stress Relief Remedy from Essence of Cleopatra Aromatherapy - Formulated by a Pharmacist - 100% Natural - Pure & Highest Quality Aromatherapy Remedy Available - (Made with Chamomile Roman, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Lavender, & Vetivert) - 12mL size - 100% Money Back Guarantee!
Offered by Essence of Cleopatra Aromatherapy
Price: $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant and relaxing, February 20, 2015
I've always liked experimenting with different scents in defusers or with a drop applied on the inside of my wrists at the pulse points. The problem with many is that they smell good at first but then drive me crazy after a while. This natural stress relief remedy from Essence of Cleopatra is just the right combination of Camomile Roman,Ylang Ylang, Bergamont, Lavender and Vetivert. They are all pure oils so the fragrance stays nice and true. I love Lavender and usually find it relaxing but sometimes it's just too much on its own after a while. This oil blend has a very relaxing fragrance and although the blend is pure essential oils, they don't seem overwhelming together. Actually it's quite an interesting combination. I put a drop on the inside of each wrist before I go to bed and it helps me to unwind and clear my mind so I can fall asleep easier.

I found a simple and inexpensive way to diffuse it without overwhelming the room with the fragrance. I bought 12 inch square of dark colored felt at a craft store and just cut off a few 1 inch squares. I put a few drops of this oil on the felt and then set the felt in a small shallow bowl and set it next to the bed or in my office, next to the computer. The scent stays soft and lasts for days. It's just the right amount to be there without hitting me over the head every time I walk into the room.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20