Profile for PT Cruiser > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PT Cruiser RSS Feed (West Coast)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Price: $86.00
4 used & new from $86.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks more expensive than it actually is., July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This watch has a classy and classic look to it with the Roman Numerals and soft calves leather band. But the extra large face and 30 minute chronograph (the two little dials set in the face) and stopwatch feature give it modern up-to-date look. It's the best of both worlds. My husband really enjoys wearing it and particularly likes that the large face is easy to see at a glance. But it's not just another pretty face. It is water resistant down to 165 feet so if you accidentally leave it on in the shower or are pushed into a swimming pool at a wild party, there's no need to worry about the watch. Of course with the nice leather band, this isn't the type of watch you would normally want to wear swimming, it's more of a dress or business wear timepiece.

The watch comes in a Fossil tin box as I believe all Fossil watches do. The one thing that was missing was a set of instructions for how to set the watch and the chronograph feature. We were able to figure it out by trial and error but it would've been nice to have some type of small manual.

This is another well designed watch in the Fossil line with it's vintage styling along with contemporary features.

Amazon Gift Card - E-mail - Hoops and Yoyo You Are Awesome (Animated) [Hallmark]
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Animated gift cards add a whole new dimension, July 27, 2014
The nice thing about Amazon gift cards is that the recipient can choose exactly what they want and it seems as though Amazon carries just about everything these days. Gift cards can be printed and mailed or given to the person, or they can be emailed. The cute animated gift cards are fun to send and to receive. And if you happen to forget a birthday or occasion until the last minute, you can send it immediately and have it there on time.

Epson WorkForce WF-3620 Wireless and WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CD19201)
Price: $129.99
6 used & new from $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of useful features, July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm happy to see that Epson printers are becoming more intuitive for set-up and usage than they had been in the past. The menus on this seem more logical. I selected this All-In-One printer over some of the larger Epson models because of the more reasonable prices for the ink cartridges and because the footprint was a little smaller. This still does everything I need for my home office. I only occasionally send or receive faxes, but I find that I'm scanning and signing or just scanning and emailing documents more often. The scanning feature is easy to use.

This printer does a very good job on both color and black-and-white prints. The 2-sided printing is something I don't use a lot but it's very nice to have it there when I need it. Another feature I really like is being able to print from my smartphone and tablet. The first time I used it, I was sitting downstairs and wanted to print a short four-page manual for a piece of exercise equipment. It was as simple as opening the document on my iPad, going into the action menu and clicking on "Print" in the menu. By the time I walked up the stairs it was sitting in the printer tray waiting for me. Very cool!

WiFi setup on on home network was simple and the printer "saw" our network right away. Then, it was just a matter of putting a passwords and it connected. Now all of our tablets, smartphones and computers are able to print on it. This is so much more convenient than having to use a wired connection.

Nabisco Triscuit Brown Rice Crackers, Sweet Potato & Sea Salt, 9 Ounce (Pack of 3)
Offered by Friendships
Price: $22.23
8 used & new from $22.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Good flavor, nice crunch, July 24, 2014
These crackers have just the right amount or sweet potato, sugar, brown sugar and sea salt. In addition to the long grain brown rice they also contain whole-grain soft white wheat so they aren't gluten free if that's an issue for you. The flavor is very much to my liking, subtle sweet potato flavor with that nice crunch that Triscuit is known for. Another big plus: The ingredients are all things I recognize without any chemical sounding names. I'll buy them again.

Austin Air HealthMate+ Jr. - Sandstone
Austin Air HealthMate+ Jr. - Sandstone
Offered by Super Duper Deals
Price: $406.28
31 used & new from $406.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dependable air filter, July 23, 2014
I bought the Austin Healthmate Jr. almost 10 years ago for a dusty area and have been happy with it and still use it every day. It still works very well after all these years. The three things I like best about it are that you don't have to buy filters very often because you can vacuum the outside of the filter and that it's relatively quiet. The other thing is that it's a HEPA filter takes air in on all four sides and blows the filtered air out through the top area. It seems to do a good job of filtering the air. It's more energy efficient than air purifiers I've used in the past and it has 3 speeds which is nice.

If you use it in really dusty conditions like mine, you can replace the pre-filter more often than the big filter. I've found this type of material that I could cut to fit at a local hardware store. You get a pre-filter with it. You have to take it apart to replace the pre-filter and filters, but it isn't difficult. You can turn off the machine and vacuum it from the outside and that seems to help the filters last longer. Of course, you'll want to use a vacuum cleaner with a hepa filter or you defeat the purpose. I replace mine about once a year, but I think the average person could go much longer.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use and set-up was a no brainer, July 23, 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
The Amazon Fire TV took less than 5 minutes to set up. I purchased an AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable (6.5 Feet/2.0 Meters) - Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return [Newest Standard], plugged it into the Fire and then into an open HDMI port on our TV. I plugged in the power cord to an outlet. As soon as I started the Fire up there was a welcome message with a few instructions about how to use it. (Super simple). I entered the password for our Wi-Fi network and we were ready to go.

Most of the streaming movies and TV shows that we watch are from Amazon Instant Video so this makes it easy to find the shows we want to watch. We do have a BlueRay player and a TV set that will each connect to streaming sources, but text lots of clicks and searching back-and-forth through different menus to finally get to the movie we want to watch. With the Fire it's so simple, just say the name of the movie, TV show or even the name of an actor or actress and it takes you right where you want to go. Most of the time we don't even have to switch the menu for the HDMI port. Just speaking into the remote changes it for us.

We have Amazon Prime so there are lots of movies and past TV shows to watch. I watched 3 seasons of Suits (Very good show.) and we're now into the second season of House of Cards. (Another excellent show!) This device makes entertainment simple. I love it.

Velodyne vTrue Aluminum Classic Style Headphones with Inline Mic and Remote for Apple
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $279.00
10 used & new from $164.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic elegance, superb sound, July 23, 2014
I have to admit, I'm a sucker for a pretty set of headphones. Or in this case, a handsome set. The soft brown leather on the headband and the padded ear cups is so rich looking and it contrasts beautifully with the brushed aluminum on the outside. It gives them a classic rich look. They are without a doubt the nicest looking headphones that I've used. The padding makes them cushy over the ears. That's right, these are ear cups that cover your ears rather than sitting against them. I found this to be good in terms of noise isolation and giving me a feeling of "being there" with the music while listening. It's also more comfortable when wearing them for long periods. The top headband is also padded and adjustable. Because the headphones are a bit on the heavy side, even with the padding, the top of my head feels a little uncomfortable when wearing them for over an hour and I have to shift them to make them comfortable again.

I listened to a few Aerosmith and Black Eyed Peas tunes when I first put them on and the bass blew me away. These are great headphones for powerful sounding bass. We've owned a Velodyne subwoofer for a few years that does an excellent job so I kind of expected the great bass response that these headphones put out. Next, I listened to John Williams Greatest Hits 1969-1999. This includes the Star Wars, Superman Theme, Jurassic Park and a bunch of other movie themes, some popular and some classical types. This was a great test for these headphones. I was afraid that the bass might end up overpowering, but I needn't have worried. The high notes were well defined as well as all the mid range. Sometimes the highs seemed boosted because they were so clear, such as in the theme from Home Alone, but to my ears it sounded excellent. The album was a good test because of the diversity of the music and instruments. I've listened to a lot of rock and some classical since and have been equally happy with the sound.

There is a lot of power behind these headphones. I tried to turn the volume all the way up on my Kindle and iPad to see if the sound would distort but it was way too loud long before I got to max. (Holding them far from my ears I didn't hear any distortion.)

Two sets of cords are included, both fabric covered which I like because they don't tangle easily and they feel substantial. They are about 4 feet long. One has the inline mic and Apple controls for the iPhone to answer, make calls and control the volume. It also works with Siri. There is a 1/4 inch adaptor for larger headphone jacks as well as the 3.5mm. They came with a brown fabric carrying pouch with the Velodyne logo that's roomy enough for everything.

I was provided with a sample of these headphones for a fair and honest review.

Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, Enamel, 5 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, Enamel, 5 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $26.94
2 used & new from $26.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Whitening power just average, July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although this toothpaste makes claims about whitening teeth and being good for enamel, I haven't experienced any whitening beyond what an average toothpaste will achieve. If I've just finished a big bowl of blueberries and my teeth look all blue and purple, this, like most other brands, will remove the stains. But it didn't change the overall color of my teeth that have become dull looking over the years. Even whitening strips have a difficult job doing that.

This is a thick, strongly flavored toothpaste that makes my breath feel fresh after brushing and for a time afterwards. That part I like. But I don't think it's worth the difference in price over a brand like Ultra Bright which whitens just as well.

Replacement Wrist Band for Fitbit Flex
Replacement Wrist Band for Fitbit Flex
Price: $5.00 - $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality band at a reasonable price, July 18, 2014
Length:: 0:16 Mins

I purchased this replacement band for my Fitbit Flex tracker in order to have another color option. My original band came in the slate color and I have since ordered a few additional bands in different colors from Fitbit and another manufacturer. I ordered this band in black in the small size. It fits just like the original brand and the quality seems similar. It comes with the metal clip. The Fitbit tracker fits inside, just like it does with the original. Based on the quality of this band, I will probably order others in different colors. I like having lots of choices to go with different outfits. I'm attaching a very short video so you can see the band for yourself.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun and useful conversation piece, July 17, 2014
This is a very unique watch for hikers, campers or anyone who likes something a little bit out of the ordinary. This watch is sized so that it would look good on both men and women, with a handmade leather band and brass face and casing. It isn't a conventional watch - it doesn't have regular hands, but instead relies on a flip up sundial to tell you the time. Now as you can imagine, this wouldn't work indoors, at night or on a cloudy day. But on a sunny day of camping, hiking, or just hanging out, it will show you the time within about 15 minutes one way or the other. It's made of a substantial and heavy brass and has somewhat of an antique look to it. The main face has a compass and the sundial folds down over the face. It's flips up very easily when you are ready to use it. The instructions are engraved on the back so there's no chance of losing them. Just use the compass to face north and the sundial will cast a shadow showing the time.

Depending on what part of the world where you are located, an adjustment can be made to figure out the time. It is close enough to give you a pretty good idea what time of day it is. But I think the real beauty of this is that it's so different and people always comment on it. It's a great conversation starter and a handsome piece of jewelry. Besides being useful when you're "off the grid" it has a certain coolness factor and would make a great gift for the person who has everything.

I was supplied with a sample for testing and review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20