Profile for PT Cruiser > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PT Cruiser RSS Feed
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vetri-Mega Probiotic (120 Caps)
Vetri-Mega Probiotic (120 Caps)
Price: $22.65
10 used & new from $22.65

4.0 out of 5 stars According to manufacturer, country of origin USA, November 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose these Vetri-Mega Probiotics for my two dogs, a Long Hair Mini Dachshund and a Havanese because they have strains of probiotics that I read were good for dogs. It will probably take a long time to know if they are helpful, or perhaps it isn't easily measurable. I know that when I take probiotics for humans they are helpful for intestinal disturbances. The Dachshund has always had a sensitive stomach although it is less so since we've been making his food. I'm hoping that this will be helpful.

This probiotic is in capsule form so I thought I would have to open the capsules and sprinkle the white powder that they contain over the dog's food. But just for the heck of it I tried putting a capsule down on the floor in front of the Havanese. He sniffed it for a minute, and then, to my surprise, he ate it. I did the same thing with the Dachshund and he ate it as well, even licked the floor when it was gone. Is that weird, or what? I smelled the capsules and didn't detect any odor at all. So out of curiosity I opened one of the capsules and tasted a small amount of the powder. It tasted like perhaps it contained some dried whey or something similar tasting and it was slightly sweet. I guess time will tell if these have any noticeable effect.

I emailed the manufacturer asking the country of origin for this product and they replied, "I am happy to report that all of the probiotics in this product are sourced from the USA, and all of our products are made in the USA."

Viva Labs Organic Quinoa, Whole Grain, Non-GMO, 4 lbs Bag
Viva Labs Organic Quinoa, Whole Grain, Non-GMO, 4 lbs Bag
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $28.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A versatile grain which is high in protein, November 19, 2014
The things I like Best about this quinoa is that it's USDA certified organic and that it is prewashed. Quinoa naturally has a slightly bitter coating which has to be rinsed off. This can be a little bit difficult since it's such a tiny seed. That means it has to be rinsed in a fine mesh strainer and often sticks to the strainer This product saves that step. It's already washed. Quinoa is nice for a change of pace from rice or other grains but can be prepared in much the same manner. It's actually a seed and not a grain and has a more complete protein profile than rice. I usually prepare it in my Stainless Steel Rice Cooker Model ME81 (Formerly ME8) - by Miracle Exclusives and often mix it with barley or brown rice and cook them together. I use about two parts of water to one part quinoa. I often use it for Tabouli Salad to replace the bulgar. I've also used it in pilaf and in chilled salads with vegetables. It works very well in a rice pudding type of dish too. (In place of the rice.)

Quinoa has an impressive nutrient profile as well. It has 50% more protein than brown rice and more fibre. A cup of brown rice has 14 per cent of the recommended daily fibre. As good as that is, quinoa does rice even better, with 21 per cent. It also is one of the few plant sources that contains a complete protein meaning that it has all of the protein forming amino acids.

Sample received for review.

Bionic Body Resistance Tube, Blue, 40-Pound
Bionic Body Resistance Tube, Blue, 40-Pound
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality resistance tube but you will need to purchase handles, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice quality piece of rubber resistance tubing with a piece attached to each end where a handle or connecting device would normally go. Luckily I have a handle and other connectors from another exercise tube product that I can use with this. If I didn't it would be an additional purchase in order to use the product. But I think I would prefer to have the handles permanently affixed since most exercises require them. This product, the blue tubing, has 40 pounds of resistance which is quite a bit, at least for me. I definitely had sore arms and shoulders after just testing it for just 15 to 20 minutes on the day I received it.

These resistance tubes are great for a variety of exercises such as standing on the band and pulling up with your hands and arms or it can be looped around a stationary object like a bedpost or pole at any level to put stress on different muscle groups. This makes it a versatile and compact piece of equipment. And because it doesn't take up much space it's the perfect thing to take along when traveling because it fits easily into a suitcase or even a briefcase. There are several different exercises to do with these bands. A simple Internet search will turn up many. There are also several Kindle and paperback books on the subject.

StriVectinLABS Extreme Cream, 1. fl. oz.
StriVectinLABS Extreme Cream, 1. fl. oz.
Price: $89.00
4 used & new from $89.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels nice on my face but no miraculous results, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
StriVectinLABS Extreme Cream has a nice luxurious feel to it. It goes on easily and a little goes a long way. It keeps my skin feeling moist all day long without reapplying. I apply it in the morning and before bedtime. It hasn't caused any irritation and it makes my skin feel good. But after using it for about a week I don't really see any visible difference or reduction in wrinkles on my face. (I have plenty to experiment on.) To be fair, I have been using other products prior to trying this StriVectin. The products I used were pure coconut oil, pure jojoba seed oil, Pure Argan oil, and a product called Gene's Vitamin E Cream. I didn't use them all at once, but rotated them, using each for several days and then switching to another. So, my results so far with StriVectinLABS Extreme Cream is that it's not any better and not any worse than these other options. But given the current price of $89 per ounce compared to around a dollar per ounce for these other products, I couldn't recommend it based on my experience so far. I am going to continue using it until it runs out and if I see miraculous results I will update my review.

Avantree Audition Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with Microphone and audio line input, over the ear design, NFC easy pairing technology, up to 40hrs music time, supports iPad, iPhone, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, Samsung Tab, Samsung galaxy note 3/note2/S5/S4, Google nexus 5/4 and any other Bluetooth enabled audio devices - Black/Red
Offered by Avantree_Direct
Price: $79.99
40 used & new from $38.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound and comfy on the ears, November 18, 2014
The sound from these Avantree Audition Bluetooth Headphones is quite amazing with excellent bass, treble and midtones. I'm listening to some music with them while typing this review and they just make me smile. It's quiet here tonight but our home is usually like Grand Central Station with dogs barking, family talking, often TV in the background. Yet I can block out virtually all of that with these headphones. The puffy ear cups are really comfortable and light. One of my favorite things about them is that there is only one long button needed to operate. I don't have to hunt all over or take them off to see where the button is to answer the phone should it ring. Just push the button in the middle to connect or disconnect. (They also play nice with Siri.). If I'm listening to music a quick tap on one side skips to the next song and a tap on the other side skips to the previous. A long press on the same button adjusts the volume up or down. It picks up my voice without any problem and sound is very clear. The battery is excellent. These headphones get up to 40 hours of play time and 20 hours standby.

So here is the music I listened to in testing: Saint-Saëns: Symphony No.3 In C Minor, Op.78 "Organ Symphony" - 3. Maestoso - Allegro This is the 3rd movement of a symphony with lots of different instruments and powerful sounds. These headphones delivered the deep, strong bass notes as well as the high. Next was "Love and Happiness", with Mark Knopfler And Emmylou Harris. Their voices were crisp and clear and the notes sounded beautiful. The third was "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith. Again the bass was strong and treble and midtones right where they should be. I almost felt like I was at a concert listening.

Besides connecting with Bluetooth, these headphones have NFC or you could just connect them with the included 3mm jack to jack cable. (Nice feature if the battery runs out.) There is also a micro to USB charging cable included. All in all, this is a very nice set of headphones at a reasonable price.

I was provided with a sample for testing and review.

EcoJeannie Products ZT0001 Professional Hand Held Cheese Grater
EcoJeannie Products ZT0001 Professional Hand Held Cheese Grater
Offered by Arrow Industries Inc
Price: $26.99
3 used & new from $9.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for zesting citrus, November 18, 2014
I love these hand graters because they're easy and less messy to use than a full sized grater. I can hold it over a plate or bowl and the grated food falls right where I want it to. I use this to grate ginger, lemon and orange peel, hard cheeses, carrots and even pickles. This is a fine grater that lends itself to grating things that can be used as a garnish. For skins of oranges or lemons it's perfect because it gets it fine enough that you don't end up with a chunk of rind if you want to add it to a salad. There is just that hint of flavor that works perfectly. I included a couple of photos below so you can see the size of a grated lemon as a reference. I like grating a little but of lemon peel into a mixed green salad and adding some fresh dill or rosemary. A bit of vinegar and oil, salt and pepper and you have a delicious and simple salad. Grated citrus zest is also nice in green or black tea, as is a bit of grated apple or pear. I find these natural flavored teas a lot more appealing than artificially flavored ones out of a box.

Be aware that these graters are very sharp and it's necessary to be very careful of your fingers, especially when you get down to the end of whatever you're grating. It comes with a plastic cover that snaps on so that it can be stored in a drawer without nicking your fingers when you go looking for something in that drawer.
Comment Comment | Permalink

(Newly Improved) I AM MUG® 226228-668 Push Button Coffee Lens Cup Travel Mug - Inspired by Nikon 24-70 Lens Mug
Offered by SUN TECHNOLOGIES INC
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for your favorite photographer, November 18, 2014
This travel mug looks just like a lens for some fancy-schmancy camera. It Is depicted perfectly in the photos on this page and is quite convincing. The inside is brushed stainless steel and the outside is a hard plastic. This looks so real that I'll hide it under my car seat rather than leave it sitting out when I leave my car. It holds 12 ounces of coffee, tea or other drink. The outside is thick enough to keep the contents hot for quite a while and it is cool to the touch. The bottom screws off to make the cup a little less top heavy when sitting on a flat surface. The top has a button in the center that you depress to open the mouth piece when drinking. It keeps the coffee in a full cup from splashing out in the car. This would make such a cool gift for your favorite photographer. Or for yourself.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Cotton-padded Sleeveless Jacket Slim Fit Quilted Vest with Hood Peacock Blue US Size S (Tag Size M)
Offered by Nature.Z
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty warm, but runs small, November 18, 2014
This vest is very nice quality but I would suggest ordering one to two sizes larger than your normal US size. I normally take a Medium so I ordered a Large. I'm 5 ft 5-1/2 inches tall and weigh about 145. I could zip the vest up but it was snug around the hips. My husband is 6 ft tall and about 165 pounds and it was very snug on him as well. An Extra Large would have been a better fit. I need to lose about 15 pounds and I'm pretty sure it will fit better without the extra padding (also known as fat). These are more like Asian sizes where everyone seems to be slimmer. I'm still going to wear this vest without zipping it up until I eliminate the extra pounds because it still looks nice on. I received the black one which goes with just about everything.

That said, I really like the quality and detail of this vest. It is generously filled with hollow cotton but it feels like down and is toasty warm. The styling is attractive. The hoodie zips off in case you don't want to wear it, which I think is a nice touch. I usually like the look of hoods but they don't always go with every outfit so it's nice to have the option to remove it. This vest looks a lot more expensive than the listed price.

The ScrubbaTM Wash Bag
The ScrubbaTM Wash Bag
Offered by Advanced Rescue Products
Price: $54.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for backpacking and camping, November 17, 2014
This review is from: The ScrubbaTM Wash Bag (Kitchen)
This is a great little invention for backpacking and camping but I've found it super useful for washing delicate items like silk blouses and bras, by hand. I used to wash these items in the bathroom sink but it always seemed like just swishing them around a little didn't get them really clean. Then there was the problem of keeping enough water in the sink. After washing garments in bathroom sinks in several homes over the years I find that few stoppers in the bottoms of sinks really hold all the water for very long when letting items soak. This Scrubba works so much better. I just add water and Woolite or Ecover Delicate Wash, add my clothing items, remove as much air as possible, seal the bag and roll it up and clip it together. Then I let out any additional air with the little valve and begin squishing the Scrubba bag around with my hands with it on a firm surface. It has little raised nubs on the inside to help agitate the fabric inside and some grippy circles on the outside to keep it from sliding around on the surface while you're washing. Oftentimes, I let the clothing items soak for a little while before agitating.

I usually wash for about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how dirty the clothing items are. This bag seems to do quite a good job of getting clothing clean. I've cleaned bras, and silk blouses and night wear and sweaters. I was surprised at how large of a sweater will fit into this Scrubba bag. It has a little clear window on the side so I can see what's going on inside. It's kind of like looking through the window on our big washing machine. When finished, I empty the dirty water from the bag and rinse
the items under the faucet. The only time I used the bag for rinsing was on a bulky sweater because it seemed easier that way to get out all the soap.

I will surely take this along when camping but also when staying in hotel rooms. This folds up so small that it's easy to pack. But it is going to get a lot more use right here at home for hand washables because it's so convenient to use. I love innovative products like this.
A sample was provided for review.

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer, Watermelon (Pack of 4)
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer, Watermelon (Pack of 4)
Offered by Modern Everyday
Price: $21.80
9 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right amount of color, November 17, 2014
I must have gone through a dozen of these lip shimmers over the past few years because they do such a good job of making my lips feel moist, even in the winter. The secret is a little bit of mint that gives chapped lips that cool feeling of being rescued from cold or windy weather in the winter or too much sun in the summer. They come in different shades from just a hint of color, in a shade like Champagne, to a fair amount in shades like Merlot. The Watermelon shade is the one that I like the best because I like the cool pink colors.

The ingredients they list are: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil. May contain: iron oxide, mica, carmine, titanium dioxide. The peppermint oil is the thing that gives it the cool feeling that makes your lips feel so moisturized. Because there are a lot of oils in it, I find that I have to reapply it fairly often, but the color is sheer so you don't have a build up like you might with regular lipsticks.

I've turned so many of my friends on to this product, because once they try it, they find that they like it as much as I do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20