Profile for PT Cruiser > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PT Cruiser RSS Feed
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
38 in 1 Premium Screwdriver Set Repair Tool Kit for iPad, iPhone, Tablets, Laptops, Macbook, Smartphones, Watch & Other Devices
Offered by GeekBuying
Price: $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful tiny tools, all in one place, April 18, 2015
This screwdriver and tool repair kit has more sizes and styles of screwdrivers than I will probably ever need to use although as electrical gadgets and devices get ever smaller, I will probably use a good many of them. But do you know what I like best about this set? I'll finally be able to find these little tools because they'll finally be in one place in a bright red tool box rather than at the bottom of a drawer somewhere, covered with cables, chargers and other odds and ends. This set is very nicely organized and easy to store. It contains all the pieces listed in the description above which should cover just about any need when I need to take something apart or put it back together. There are 38 pieces in all and they appear to be sturdy and well made. I'll post a photo so you can see them close up.

In the last year I can think of several times that I could have used this set. It would have come in handy for taking apart an Android phone to install a memory card, repairing some reading glasses, taking apart some tea lights to replace batteries, taking apart an old iPhone to see what it looked like inside and trying to "enhance" it, taking apart a tree topper around the holidays to replace a bulb and taking apart an old mini speaker to try and fix it. In the future this screwdriver set will probably get a lot of use and it will be stored in a drawer of a sofa table where I can always find it!
A sample was provided for testing and review.

Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner 12.0 Fluid Ounce (Product Size May Vary)
Pantene Pro-V Volume Conditioner 12.0 Fluid Ounce (Product Size May Vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't weigh my fine textured hair down, April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Volume Conditioner shampoo by Pantene does a nice job of conditioning my shoulder length, fine textured hair without weighing it down like some conditioners I've tried in the past. It has a nice fragrance that I would call "flowery" that leaves behind a mild fragrance after drying. I've always liked Pantene's shampoo and conditioner fragrances.

The thing I like best about this conditioner is that it leaves my hair tangle-free after conditioning. If I don't use a conditioner at all, my hair is just a tangled mess that is very difficult to comb out. The texture even feels different. This conditioner leaves it feeling smooth even when it's still wet. It's a good product at a reasonable price.

skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels, 8 Count
skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels, 8 Count
Price: $35.00
7 used & new from $34.95

2.0 out of 5 stars It didn't do much of anything, April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product felt very nice and cool on my skin, but I could only see a very slight improvement. I peeled off the backing and applied the gels as directed, to my forehead and "laugh lines" running from the bottom of my nose to below my mouth. I waited to 10 minutes as per the instructions and then an extra 5 minutes for good measure. I saw only a very slight lessening of my wrinkles and even that went back to normal within half an hour. I took photos before and after so I could compare because I didn't want to imagine improvements that I hoped would be there. I was really hoping these would work and was disappointed that they didn't. The slight improvement was about the same as applying Coconut or Argan oil to my skin and waiting the same amount of time. This product did leave my skin feel somewhat moisturized and it felt nice on my skin. It had very little fragrance.

My skin is dry, so maybe that had something to do with it. Perhaps someone with very fine lines would see more improvement. For me, it seemed like the old saying that anything that seems too good to be true usually is, turned out to be the case. It is not a product that I could recommend.

Hershey's Miniatures Assortment, 66.7 Ounce
Hershey's Miniatures Assortment, 66.7 Ounce
Price: $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A big 'ol hunkin' bag of Hershey's, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I grew up eating all of these candy bars by Hershey's and feel like I've hit the jackpot with this big bag (over 4 pounds) of all my childhood favorites. This collection includes Goodbar Milk Chocolate Bar, Krackel Chocolate Bar, Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar, and Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar. I think my favorite is the Special Dark but they all are good. And these little wrapped bars are just the thing for a small taste of chocolate when I'm watching my weight. I had to put them in a Lock n Lock cereal container and store them in the fridge in the garage and limit myself to a couple a night. Of course, these will be great when guests come over as well, to put out in a big candy dish. The colorful wrappers look festive. They aren't the same wrappers I'm used to seeing on miniatures, but they look nice just the same. I'm not sure if they updated the labels or if these are special for these large packs. They will also come in handy to give out at Halloween if they last that long.

The only complaint I have with this bag is the price. At it's current price of about .45 per ounce, it ends up being more than the smaller bags would normally cost here on Amazon. It seems like these should be less.

H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2014 Win [Download]
H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2014 Win [Download]
Price: $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes doing taxes (almost) painless, April 13, 2015
We used Turbo Tax up until about 4 years ago when I had a problem trying to report an income item that just didn't want to plug into the right spot correctly. We switched to H&R Block that year and never looked back. Our taxes aren't terribly complicated but tax laws seem to change every year for one thing or another. H&R Block does all the under the hood calculating which keeps things simple for me, the user, and that's what I like. And after the federal form was finished, it downloaded my state return and filled everything in and probably under a minute. The interface was easy to understand and didn't contain any superfluous stuff that we didn't need. I purchased the download version on Amazon and installation was quick and simple. Two thumbs up for a great text program!

iPhone 6 plus Blue light Screen Protector, Gshine® Ultra Clear Full Hd Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 plus 5.5 inch 5.5'' with Retail Packaging
Offered by Gshine
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced and easy to apply, April 13, 2015
The thing I like best about tempered glass screen protectors is that they are so much easier to apply than the old plastic type. They are semi-rigid so the go on without the dreaded air bubbles that used to be so hard to remove. If a bubble or two does appear during application it is simple to press it out using the edge or a credit card or even just your fingers. I made sure everything was free of dust and carefully wiped the screen before I started. If a stray spec does manage to get under the protector, using the dust tape easily removes it.

The screen looks perfectly clear from the front but has the privacy feature which makes it impossible for anyone to look over your shoulder and read your screen. It also offers good protection if you drop your phone.
Sample was provided for testing and review.

iPhone 6 Case, Gshine? [Non-Slip] [Exact-Fit] iPhone 6 (4.7) Dazzle color Case [Hyun Kim Kap Series] [Bright Blue] Non Slip Surface with Excellent Grip Matte Hard Case - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Slim Case for iPhone 6 (4.7) (2015) ---Bright Blue
Offered by Gshine
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality case that comes in lots of colors, April 13, 2015
The case I am reviewing is the Bright Blue color with the round hole that show the Apple logo. The blue has an almost iridescent quality to it and looks a lot prettier than I expected. The matte TPU and Matte polycarbonate material that it's made of is slightly flexible to it so it is easy to grip and it isn't likely to be dropped. The material feels like it will offer a good amount of protection. The lip on the edge of the front screen sticks out far enough to protect the screen from scratches if you lie it face down. It has a nice feel to it. It fits my iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) perfectly and the ports for charger and earphones are easily accessible. There are soft rubber flap type covers over the changing and earphone ports to keep dust or dirt out. They look like they could be removed if you don't like them because they would be easy to cut. They seem ok to me but I could see where some people might think they are unnecessary. I took a picture of them with the cover off so you can see what they look like. I hope you can see from the other photo how nice the finish is on this cover. I like that this case comes in so many colors and different styles and at a very reasonable price.
A sample was provided for testing and review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Hefty Slider Storage Bags, Quart, 40 Count( Pack of 9)
Hefty Slider Storage Bags, Quart, 40 Count( Pack of 9)
Price: $47.86
3 used & new from $38.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Slider, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The thing I like best about these Hefty quart sized slider storage bags is the zipping mechanism used to seal them. I have never been a fan of the bags where I have to line up the little groves and try to press them together to seal. It's often difficult to get them lined up correctly and if I don't, they don't seal. These Hefty bags are a no brainier with the little slider. I don't have to line anything up or even look closely at it to zip it shut. And once zipped, it's water and air tight so I can store things like fruit salad or bean salad without worrying about leakage. I always store cheese in these bags because it keeps it fresh for a long time. Another good use is for marinating foods like meat or tofu. Just pour the marinade into the bag over whatever you want to marinate and seal. It's easy to reposition the bag to make sure the marinade touches all the surfaces.

These bags are also nice for storing necklaces and other jewelry items, keeping them from getting tangled or separated from matching accessories when stored in a drawer. They are also great for storing cosmetics. Makeup has a way of eventually getting all over everything and cosmetic bags seem to get yukked up inside before too long. With these bags I can just rinse them out and reuse or replace them. I like that they are see-through and that when I travel, my cosmetics are ready to go. These bags stay sealed and can be zipped and unzipped hundreds of times without failing. Both these and the gallon size bags are good for this purpose.

Dansko Women's Pippa Clog
Dansko Women's Pippa Clog
Price: $43.20 - $80.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I love them but the tops are too tight, April 11, 2015
This review is from: Dansko Women's Pippa Clog (Shoes)
I ordered these clogs because I own other Danko shoes and love them. They are the most comfortable shoes I own. But these aren't. The tops feel too tight and just wearing them around the house for a short time started to give me blisters on the top of my feet near the toes. My US size is 8.5 B. My other Danskos are EU 39. These fit perfectly length-wise and looked good on my feet. It was the snugness of the top part that was the problem, so I'm returning them. I think if they weren't plastic they might have more give and I would be able to stretch them a little by wearing them. But this plastic is pretty rigid and I don't see it stretching. My weight is about 140 so it's not that my feet are overly fat, although maybe if I were 10 pounds lighter my feet would be a little smaller and these might work.

I love the style and I love the great arch support. I wish I could make them work because they would be great waterproof shoes, perfect for summer.

Dancing Pet Ear Wash for Dogs Cats - Natural Ear Cleaner Rids Infections, Mites, Wax, Dirt - Fast Easy Guaranteed Otic Treatment Beats Powders, Wipes, Ointment - Relieves Pain, Itching, Odor - No Sting Cleanser, 8 Oz.
Offered by LFX Global
Price: $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A plant based ear wash that I feel good about using on my pets, April 11, 2015
One of our dogs, a not-so-Mini Dachshound, seems to be prone to ear problems. We've gotten ear washes from the vet in the past but they don't seem to help for long and the dog hates having me put them his ear. They probably sting. This Dancing Pet Ear Wash is made up mostly of plant derived ingredients that I recognize. The one ingredient that looked familiar because I had seen it somewhere before, but I had to look up was hyaluronic acid. This is what I found: It's a substance that's naturally found in the body, mostly in the fluid in the eyes and in joints. The FDA has approved the use of hyaluronic acid during certain eye surgeries where it is injected into the eye during the procedure to help replace natural fluids. So this seems like a natural substance to have in an ear wash.

The dogs aren't really crazy about having anything put in their ears, but they seem to mind this less than the stuff we get from the vet. We've only been using it for a couple of weeks, but it seems to be working and the one dog with most of the ear gunk has clean ears so far. For him, I used it twice the first week and then again this week. The ear wash has a slight citrusy fragrance but it's not strong at all. It's a pet product that I feel good about using and although this bottle was a free sample for testing and review, it's a product that I will purchase when this bottle runs out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20