Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM
Profile for AvidReader > Reviews

Browse

AvidReader's Profile

Customer Reviews: 43

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AvidReader RSS Feed (U.S.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
iCasso New Art Image Soft Neoprene 15-inch Hot Teal Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover for Acer / Asus / Dell / Fujitsu / Lenovo / HP / Samsung / Sony / Toshiba, suitable for Acer Aspire E5-571P-59QA/Acer Aspire E 15 ES1-512-C88M / ASUS X551MA/ ASUS ROG/ Fujitsu LIFEBOOK A512 NG / Lenovo Thinkpad E545 / HP Pavilion 15-r030wm/RV510/ Sony / Toshiba Satellite C55-A5105 (Painting Tree)
Offered by icasso
Price: $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars good quality, size is not accurate, January 16, 2016
The quality is nice and the image is really beautiful. However, it does not fit a 15 inch MacBook Pro like the description says. It is way too big --it actually will fit my old 17 inch MacBook. It's disappointing, because I really like the case. But it just is too big to protect it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Can You Escape
Can You Escape
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, May 25, 2015
This review is from: Can You Escape (App)
This is a fun app. It's challenging enough to be entertaining but not so bad that you get hung up and get stuck. It would be nice if there was a clearer explanation at the start (maybe a small training level) so the player knows the types of clues to look for while playing.!

Blue Hat, Green Hat (Boynton on Board)
Blue Hat, Green Hat (Boynton on Board)
by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Board book
Price: $4.44
276 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple, so funny!, May 17, 2014
The illustrations make Sandra Boynton's books so fun. The words are simple and yet they are funny even for adults who have to read them over and over.

Many of the toddler books teaching colors are REALLY dull. This makes a simple "learn your colors" book much more fun and interesting.

Bonus: This was the first book my daughter ever read to me!

Horns to Toes and in Between
Horns to Toes and in Between
by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Board book
Price: $5.99
246 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our favorites, May 17, 2014
We have numerous Boynton books. This is one of our favorites. I love to give them as gifts for a first birthday!

A Tale of Two Sisters (Disney Frozen) (Step into Reading)
A Tale of Two Sisters (Disney Frozen) (Step into Reading)
by Melissa Lagonegro
Price: $3.99
249 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Great story, TERRIBLE QUALITY BOOK!, May 17, 2014
This is a great summary of the book. It has great pictures and the words used are easy for my 5-year-old to read.

That being said, I bought this for my daughter for Easter, in less than 1 week, it had almost completely fallen apart. My daughter is 5 and other than the occasional crinkled pages, she takes good care of her books. This book is glued together and literally every page was torn out of the binding from the bottom to about halfway up the page. More than half completely came out. The whole book is now held together with packaging tape.

We have numerous books from the Step Into Reading series and nothing like this has happened before. Other books in this series have string reinforcing the binding. The Frozen book does not have the string reinforcement and it obviously made a huge difference. Not sure why they went so cheap for this story.

What a disappointment! Just wanted to warn people. I suggest reinforcing it with some tape as soon as you get it. It will probably look a lot better that way.

Blackberry Pie Murder (A Hannah Swensen Mystery)
Blackberry Pie Murder (A Hannah Swensen Mystery)
by Joanne Fluke
Price: $20.72
152 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money., March 26, 2014
Like many other reviewers, I was disappointed. I gave this series a second chance with Red-Velvet Cupcake murder. I found the entire Dr. Bev arc from the previous books ridiculous and unrealistic but I was willing to get past it since I had really enjoyed this series.

--Now mind you, I am not a stickler. Hannah is a little like Angela Lansbury, she finds a body everywhere she goes. But, a reader can only take so much in the name of fiction. I thought that after the Dr. Bev issue was resolved, the Mike/Norman issue would be next and Hannah would move on to a new phase in her life. A phase that would present some brand new story arcs.

Boy was I wrong... the ridiculousness keeps going and this book presented yet ANOTHER cheap cliff hanger at the end. I am sorry Ms. Fluke, I have really enjoyed your Hannah books. But the last few books have been such a let down. Fool me once, shame on you. Fooling me twice (three times really)... and I am done.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
Adobe Premiere Pro CC Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
by Maxim Jago
Price: $42.00
128 used & new from $19.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Files don't work, October 2, 2013
Our university upgraded to Premiere CC over the summer.

-The tutorial book files DO NOT work consistently. Students that use the Creative Cloud with a PC seem to have more success. But the majority are on Macs and we constantly get the error: ""This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset or codec could be associated with this sequence type."

Infuriating! I am having to take extra time from class to walk students through the program when they should be able to learn it at their own pace.

Not to mention the fact that the students wasted their money on a book that cannot be used.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 9:51 AM PDT

Speck Products CandyShell Glossy Case for iPhone 4/4S - 1 Pack - Carrying Case  - Aubergine/Peacock
Speck Products CandyShell Glossy Case for iPhone 4/4S - 1 Pack - Carrying Case - Aubergine/Peacock

1.0 out of 5 stars Normally LOVE Speck, July 12, 2013
Normally I would be happy with my speck case (I have several). But I believe my case (from seller: Buy Them Now ) was actually a knock-off. Not sure they knew it but my first Speck case lasted for over a year. I replaced it because it was cracked in several places (which meant my phone was not cracked!). So I decided to get a new case, I chose this one. However, (I added pictures above... it's purple and teal)... the rubber around the edges is separating from the plastic hardshell case around the edges. It has been barely 3 months! Also, other rubber sections are not cut well-- there are little bits of extra rubber everywhere.
--furthermore, the cutouts are not quite big enough to easily plug in headphones (other than iPhone headphones) or the charger plug. I really have to wedge them in there.

Bummer! Waste of money. Guess I'm not trusting Amazon for another Speck case. I would be too afraid of get another knock-off.
Comment Comment | Permalink

iTikes Piano
iTikes Piano
Offered by Spotted Horse Trading Post
Price: $45.00
13 used & new from $38.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all great, December 4, 2012
This review is from: iTikes Piano (Toy)
The sound quality of this keyboard is NOT good. It sounds like the speaker is malfunctioning. It crackles, distorts and has kind of a tinny sound. I like that the keys light-up, BUT when it lights up the key it wants the child to hit, the two keys on either side also glow bright enough to be confusing for a little kid.

There are a handful of games (once you plug in your iPad/iPhone etc) that you can launch from the Piano app (free app associated with this toy). Some of the games within the app (there are 10) are just play, others require knowing/learning the note names and others don't seem to do much at all. The ones that teach music notation are well-intentioned but really do not provide a whole lot of instruction. If a child can already read some music, this might be OK --but it does not seem to really be teaching a lot to help give kids what they need to successfully play the games.

The biggest issue for me was the sound quality. If the keyboard sounded anything like a keyboard (there are free apps that sound better), I would have kept it. I'm sending it back to Amazon. I am convinced that something was wrong... there is no way the company could have meant it to sound the way that it did. However, I did see another review that said something similar... maybe there is bad match out there.

iTikes Canvas
iTikes Canvas
Offered by The Toy Palooza
Price: $25.95
20 used & new from $16.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay, December 4, 2012
This review is from: iTikes Canvas (Toy)
I was excited for this toy. My daughter (4) LOVES the drawing apps on my iPod touch. I decided to get her this for her birthday. Without my iPad.. it's just a cool-looking magna-doodle. Not really great for nearly $40. WITH the iPad it is not a lot better. FIrst, you can download the app and use the drawing feature for free without the iCanvas. If you have the iCanvas you can use the stylus pen or add one of the six shapes that you see in the pictures (the shapes around the outside of the iCanvas board). You can use your fingers to adjust the size of the shape just like any iPad/iPhone/iPod drawing app. There are also two games you can use within the iCanvas App, a Memory-matching & a game where you toss a ball to a dog (it makes no sense). The two games will not work without the iPad plugged in.

I don't think this is at all worth it. My daughter stopped using the pen and used her finger to draw or color within the app. She continued to use it even after I popped the iPad out. My iPad has a few versions of memory that she prefers those over the one that came within the iCanvas app. Neither of us figured out the dog-ball-toss game.

*Other notes: When you try to go to the "photo roll" within the app, it crashes. This has happened EVERY time. It WILL save pictures to the iPad Photos app but you cannot access them from the iCanvas app like it says is possible ( you are suppose to be able to draw on existing pics). Maybe that will be addressed with an app update later on. If this were $20, I would have kept it.. but for close to $40... just not worth it. I am returning this. I think I will look for a kid-friendly stylus instead. Hope this helps...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2012 9:26 PM PST