Profile for LA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LA "LA" RSS Feed (Madison, WI)

Page: 1 | 2
Tea Forte KATI Tea Brewing System - Tree Top
Tea Forte KATI Tea Brewing System - Tree Top
Offered by Tea Forte
Price: $15.00
2 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars colors not what I expected, June 11, 2014
This is nice but my enthusiasm is nowhere near that for the "Tree Top" design. The mug is green rather than the more grey color scheme I thought it had when I saw the picture online. I would prefer a less green color scheme for this pattern (especially the birds), but it is very nice.

Tea Forte KATI Cup - Tea Brewing System - Birch Forest, One Tea Maker
Tea Forte KATI Cup - Tea Brewing System - Birch Forest, One Tea Maker
Offered by Tea Forte
Price: $15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars fragile?, June 11, 2014
This is okay but not as beautiful as the Tree Top design. It arrived smashed in bits and I'm not sure yet whether these mugs are extra-fragile, or if something else happened.

Tea Forte KATI Cup -Tea Brewing System - Tree Top
Tea Forte KATI Cup -Tea Brewing System - Tree Top

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give this 6+ stars., June 11, 2014
This mug is so beautiful and functional. I love the color and the pattern. The tea strainer is spacious, and I like the way it fits into the mug, deeply enough that you can fill the mug and let the tea steep.

Travel Altar Featuring Green Tara, 10" x 7"
Travel Altar Featuring Green Tara, 10" x 7"
Offered by Laughing Buddha Trading
Price: $6.96

5.0 out of 5 stars beatiful travel or small-scale altar, July 28, 2013
Very lovely and good quality.

Comes in a protective sleeve for travel.

Has inspiring words on the subject of compassion on the back.

A nice extra touch: the folded-up altar in its sleeve was hand-wrapped in botanical gift wrap inside the manila envelope it came in.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, it looks great. Matte finish looks good., May 25, 2013
Can't recommend the Asus tablet though - just got it, already not working.

The decal looks nice, though. Especially nice with the matte finish.

ASUS VivoTab RT TF600T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Gray) 2012 Model
ASUS VivoTab RT TF600T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Gray) 2012 Model
Offered by WorldWide Distributors
Price: $229.00
88 used & new from $129.90

3.0 out of 5 stars getting better..., May 25, 2013
Since I posted the review & updates below, I have gotten my tablet to restart and used it a little. Searched and played a youtube video & it worked great. May end up really liking it. I love the size, etc. I like having the keyboard dock and the option to use it as a mini-laptop {but I haven't tried using the keyboard since the tablet has started working - more on that later...}
(If the tablet ends up working consistently from this point, I'll upgrade the rating again.)
... ... ...
I received my Asus VivoTab RT yesterday. When I first turned it on, I thought it would be great. I went through setup steps, and then plugged it in to fully charge.

I went to use it today, and the first hangup I encountered was that, although I was pretty sure I remembered the password I had created, the tablet rejected it and remained 'locked'.

I turned it off and decided to come back to it later, when I would have more time to deal with it. When I went to turn it on, it felt strangely hot (for having been turned off). I opened it (it was in the keyboard dock), and got a message that it is installing Windows "update 1 of 1", and also, that the computer will restart in TWO DAYS (??) to complete the update. There is no way (I have found) to get it out of the 'update mode', and I cannot do anything with it.

I have no idea whether I will be able to get it to work once it is finished with the 'update' (hopefully I will know, days from now)!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2013 7:24 AM PDT

Faithful Place
Faithful Place
by Tana French
Price: $9.28
238 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Tawdry and inauthentic, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Faithful Place (Paperback)
It had a few moments, but overall this novel was just pretty bad. What I liked least about it was its 'voice', which was like a crude American stereotype of cruder lower-class Irish people and dialogue. (I'm not saying that a novel with the same subject matter, characters, and same almost everything couldn't be good; just that the writing is bad).

Casio Graphing Calculator (FX-9750GII)
Casio Graphing Calculator (FX-9750GII)
Price: $42.74
65 used & new from $33.24

1.0 out of 5 stars really terrible graphing calculator, November 24, 2012
Main problem with this graphing calculator: it won't graph.

(Its other 'scientific calculator' functions work fine, but I already had a scientific calculator.)

(Yes, I am following the manual for syntax, etc.), but it won't handle most equations at all; sometimes it even will graph something, but within a split second it covers the graph over with an Error message, so it is impossible to read the graph.

$50 may be cheap for a graphing calculator, but it is expensive for something that doesn't perform the function it was purchased for at all!

EMTEC C400 Candy II Series 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Red)
EMTEC C400 Candy II Series 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Red)
Price: $11.20
11 used & new from $2.71

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect flash drive design, June 7, 2012
I love this flash drive, it has the perfect design. Sleek and compact with a well-fitting cap - as mentioned in the description, the cap can be placed on the non-connecting end of the drive so it doesn't get lost.
The drive has worked well and been reliable for me.

Oster 5838 58-Minute Expressbake Breadmaker
Oster 5838 58-Minute Expressbake Breadmaker
Price: $59.64
44 used & new from $35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm really pleased with this breadmaker., March 2, 2012
Very easy to use. It's the only bread machine I have ever had, so I don't have a basis of comparison - there are probably some 'high end' breadmakers with special features - the main drawback to this one (which may be universal for bread machines) is that the piece that stirs ('kneads') the bread gets stuck in the bottom of the loaf, and then leaves a somewhat-substantial hole after you take it out. That said, this machine is great, with several different settings and a plethora of recipes. I have only tried a few so far - the Oat bread is fantastic!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2012 7:53 PM PST