Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Melody Hess > Reviews

Browse

Melody Hess' Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melody Hess RSS Feed (Cincinnati, OH USA)

Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
by Marie Dunford
Price: $240.95
88 used & new from $12.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A straightforward, well-written text, September 25, 2011
The author of this textbook does a good job of explaining things clearly and making the material interesting. Texts aren't always the most engaging reading material, but Dunford and Doyle present topics in a way that isn't as dull as some are.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2012 2:14 PM PDT

Emeril by All-Clad E96440 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Square Grill Pan Fry Pan Cookware, 10-Inch, Black
Offered by CookingwithStyle
Price: $50.00
4 used & new from $30.89

4.0 out of 5 stars A good staple?, June 19, 2011
I purchased this gift for some friends as a wedding gift. Therefore I have not used it and cannot comment on how well it works.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2012 8:06 AM PST

Macadamia Oil Nourishing Leave-In Cream, 10 ounces Bottle
Macadamia Oil Nourishing Leave-In Cream, 10 ounces Bottle
Offered by Top Shelf Barber Supplies
Price: $14.20
38 used & new from $9.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A great leave-in conditioner, June 19, 2011
This product adds smoothness and shine and has a delicate, pleasant scent. It is best used on hair ends and not roots, where it can make hair look greasy the next day (I wash my hair every other day to keep it from getting to dry). I apply this cream to damp hair after washing and before styling.

Super Natural Cooking: Five Delicious Ways to Incorporate Whole and Natural Foods into Your Cooking
by Heidi Swanson
Price: $13.35
228 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Adventure in Cooking with Whole Ingredients, February 6, 2011
I love the fact that this book contains a good mix of educating the reader about whole and natural ingredients and providing recipes to use them in. I have learned a lot and have enjoyed discovering many new and interesting foods that I didn't know about before. It will definitely expand your whole foods repertoire, which sometimes means that you love the result, and sometimes the new flavors just don't appeal to you.

SuperFoods HealthStyle: Simple Changes to Get the Most Out of Life for the Rest of Your Life
by Kathy Matthews
97 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and informative, February 6, 2011
This book offers clear insight into some of the foods that are powerhouses for good health. It is mostly educational and only contains a limited number of recipes.

Thomastik Infeld Red 4/4 Violin String Set - Medium Gauge with Removable Ball End Gold-plated Steel E
Offered by EvergreenWorkshop
Price: $68.99
8 used & new from $68.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful sound quality at a good price, October 3, 2010
I was in sore need of a string change, as I had been using the same old strings for a long time. I've always recognized that strings are expensive, so I put off buying them for that reason. I've used many kinds of strings, including Dominants, before, and in my experience none of them compare to Thomastik Red Infelds. The beautiful tone produced by these strings on my instrument (deep and rich in the lower registers and pleasantly bright in the upper) makes my violin sing. Even my husband, who has no musical training, noticed an immediate difference. I highly recommend these strings and believe that they are provide great quality at a good price.

KitchenAid KSM150PSOB Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Onyx Black
Price: Click here to see our price
86 used & new from $191.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Form and Function, July 19, 2010
We purchased this mixer because of Kitchenaid's reputation for quality products, which continues to be upheld by our many friends and family members who own one. Although we wanted to get a mixer in a color other than white, we weren't going to pay more money just for that. Thankfully, this onyx black one was the same price as the white at the time of purchase. We love the mixer and it works beautifully. We have also purchased the ice cream maker attachment and have been enjoying better-than-store-bought ice cream ever since. Yum!

The Body Code: A Personal Wellness And Weight Loss Plan At The World Famous Green Valley Spa (New York)
by Kathryn Lance
Price: $15.37
97 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and infromative, July 19, 2010
I purchased this book, not because I wanted to go on a diet or was trying to lose weight, but because I was intrigued by the idea that different body types could thrive best on different diets. The concepts are very interesting, and the author provides very clear guidelines as to what food, exercise, etc. are best for each body type.

Although Mr. Cooper also provides recipes, I did not find them to be very helpful, because most of them require special products that need to be purchased from the wellness center where he developed the program. I didn't check pricing on these items, but I prefer recipes that use ingredients that are available in regular stores.

Dreamgirl Women's Lace Courtesan Long-Sleeve Chemise, Raspberry, Small
Dreamgirl Women's Lace Courtesan Long-Sleeve Chemise, Raspberry, Small
Offered by Yandy Lingerie & Costumes
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy in a classy way, May 6, 2010
This lace dress is sexy in a classy and romantic way. It has optional straps, which can also be adjusted to be smaller or bigger, should you choose to use them. I think the red/raspberry color gives it extra boldness and appeal. You can't help but feel alluring when wearing it! :-)

The Complete Short Stories of Oscar Wilde (Dover Books on Literature & Drama)
The Complete Short Stories of Oscar Wilde (Dover Books on Literature & Drama)
by Oscar Wilde
Price: $8.95
85 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilde is Wonderful, January 3, 2007
Up to this point I have been unfamiliar with Oscar Wilde's short stories, having only read The Importance of Being Earnest, which I absolutely loved. This book is an intriguing collection of delightful works that is not only entertaining, but thought-provoking too. As always, Wilde cleverly stashes plenty of wit and personality in his writing with a classic style claimed by him alone. I highly recommend this book, it is definitely worth the price.