ARRAY(0x9c7b5cd8)

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BG0310 RSS Feed

Samsung UN32EH4003 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)
Samsung UN32EH4003 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
53 used & new from $194.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bedroom TV, May 16, 2013
I purchased this TV recently and am very happy with it. I agreed with the popular review that the out-of-box sound settings left a lot to be desired, but after experimenting with the equalizer, I found the audio to be much more tolerable. Still, if you can swing even a modest 2.1 speaker set, you'd be much better off.

The picture is great - no complaints.

If I had to find something to quibble about, it would probably be the sturdiness of the unit. I have TV on top of a dresser, and the screen will wobble whenever I close a drawer. If I had a bigger problem with it, I'd find another option for positioning, but I still felt it was worth mentioning.

Overall, this is a terrific TV, especially for the money and I highly recommend it.

Panasonic VIERA TC-L42E50 42-Inch 1080p 120Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV
Panasonic VIERA TC-L42E50 42-Inch 1080p 120Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good!, April 9, 2012
I picked this TV up earlier this month to take the place of a disappointing LED set from another brand, and I couldn't be happier that I made the switch. This Panasonic model is the sharpest I've ever had and a few quick adjustments to the picture settings were all I needed to ensure a consistently solid (if not better) picture. In a TV, I wanted something that would be especially reliable when it came to sports, but also worked well with movies and other everyday programming plus the occasional video game session, and this TV has certainly delivered on all counts. I'm able to see the picture clearly from just about every angle imaginable, with no blurring and only a negligible amount of artifacts.

I didn't set out to buy a TV equipped with Internet capability, but it's definitely a nice feature to have. The setup in the room is such that I don't need the wireless capability and the added expense of an adapter, because I'm able to simply connect an ethernet cable to my router from the TV and I'm good to go. So far, I haven't had any connectivity problems or real lag. While all the subscription services included in the Viera Cast have their own advantages and uses, the Twitter software is what may give me the most utility. I'm still trying to figure out how to tweet efficiently, but that's secondary to following my feed by the hashtag of whatever event or show I'm watching. I've tried out a few Netflix movies to test the functionality and didn't experience any problems. It includes a pretty simple interface, even for beginners.

Setting up the TV was very easy, and I especially like that there's a fitting that the TV slides onto while you secure it to the base with the included screws.

4 HDMI ports may be a little much for some people, especially if the VieraCast software takes the place of a Roku or other streaming media device, but it's nice to know that I have ports to spare in case I end up needing them later. I'd much rather have extras than find myself switching out a device every time I want to use something different. The stock speakers are just fine (no tinny sound, as can be the case with other LED TV's, including the one I had before this one), but if you're an audiophile, I wouldn't blame you for hooking up something a little nicer, be it a soundbar or a multichannel surround system.

While I didn't pick it up on Amazon, the price was in the same neighborhood as it was new on Amazon and its affiliated retailers - a great buy for an LED TV with streaming media capability from one of the best brands out there. As for the 42" size, it's ideal if you want something substantial but still small enough that it won't dominate the room if you don't want it to.
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2012 9:41 PM PDT