Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for harmono > Reviews

Browse

harmono's Profile

Customer Reviews: 53

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

harmono RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Floating in Clouds
Floating in Clouds
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars No guitar on this album, but it's worth checking out. Some tracks would make great tracks to solo or play melody on., May 29, 2016
This review is from: Floating in Clouds (MP3 Music)
I was searching for the song 'Dem Bones' and I found the track 'Dem Bones' by John McLaughlin. Being a fan of jazz fusion guitarist John McLaughlin, I proceeded to listen. The track Dem Bones seemed to have some interesting percussion work, so I turned it up. I wasn't expecting John McLaughlin though. I figured this was another guy. This is not a Jazz fusion album, I'm not familiar with electronic genres, but it's some sort of electronic music. Funny thing is there is no obvious melody, or solos on some of the tracks, so one could use these tracks as jam tracks. I would like to get a hold of John Mc Laughlin and see if he could give me the studio tracks to play with and record on. I don't think this is false advertising, the artist probably being a young fellow might not have any idea who John McLaughlin is. Some of the tracks are fairly typical of tracks, but a couple tracks stood out. I found it nice to listen to before I went to sleep. Another thing about this is the similarity to another CD I found at a Thrift store called Cloud 9 or Cloud Nine. The music sounds similar, and the Cloud theme seems similar. So when I was listening it was similar to listening to Cloud 9 from what I recall, I haven't played it lately since I moved.

Better Late Than Never (CD with DVD)
Better Late Than Never (CD with DVD)
Price: $15.99
20 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking Jazz Rock to a new level. Amazing collaboration!, February 25, 2016
I was excited, and became a Kickstarter contributor. But I was really leary of Jon's vocals, and how this kind of collaboration would work out. Boy was I surprised to hear the results. I'm still not quite used to hearing the JLP stuff with Jon Singing, but it works! It's difficult to put into words, but I'm just amazed that Jon Anderson can write these lyrics and melodies and it sounds great. The new material is great. It comes with a bonus DVD which is a great documentation of the live performance. This is excellent music on here. I like the JLP treatments of the Yes tunes also. I saw the concert at the new Sabian Theater in Beverly HIlls, and it was one of the best concerts I have seen. It's just an exciting development to see this, and it's great music.

Amazon Prime Now
Amazon Prime Now
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to use on app. Why not part of Amazon.com? Tip cost/minimum purchase makes it expensive., February 25, 2016
This review is from: Amazon Prime Now (App)
I tried this once or twice, and I didn't really like it. First of all it's almost impossible to find what you want using your iPhone. Why not have it available to put in your shopping cart and select Prime Now as a shipping option? Sounds dead simple. So do it!
Also you have to tip the drivers, which is an extra cost over just driving down the street and shopping. So you don't have the convenience of going to the store to find what you want, because it's difficult to find what you want, so that cancels the convenience of delivery. Plus you have to tip the drivers which means more cost to you. I also saw some minimum purchases and I'm single so Costco/Smart and Final and bulk is not good for me.
When they make it convenient to purchase I'll get it. I'm thinking of trying pantry soon, because my car is not working right now.

Belkin Conserve Socket Energy-Saving Outlet with Timer, F7C009
Belkin Conserve Socket Energy-Saving Outlet with Timer, F7C009
Price: $15.89
78 used & new from $10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work fine. Cute little unit., December 22, 2015
It seems to be working as advertised. I wish there were more options for time like 9 and 12 hours and maybe a 24 hour cycle so you could have it running at certain times of the day. I'm using it to charge my electric scooter.

Polaroid Wireless Headphones PBT 99
Polaroid Wireless Headphones PBT 99

2.0 out of 5 stars Fake Stereo? Sounds really weird., December 22, 2015
Are these really stereo headphones? What it sounds like to me is they added reverb to make it sound spacey like stereo but it's not real stereo.
It has way to much mid range, so bad that it hurts. Yeah you get what you pay for. I'm surprised it works, most Polaroid stuff I've bought doesn't even work, or will break really easy. It's fairly easy to operate, nice that it gives you a voice feedback when it's connected. Feels kind of stiff but comfortable.

1 | Blu-Ray (Standard BD Box)
1 | Blu-Ray (Standard BD Box)
DVD ~ The Beatles
Price: $21.99
55 used & new from $10.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly the same tracks as the CD release, but it's pretty good. Great 5.1 mix., November 13, 2015
Some of the tracks are not the singles, but are promo videos with the Beatles playing live. It has a great 5.1 mix, and sounds wonderful though.
This doesn't have all the features of the deluxe set, so if you want all the videos don't get this. This is pretty good though. Of course some of the early mono mixes are still mono, I haven't listened to them in 5.1 but I only expect to hear mono for those. The videos are all fantastic, and the live songs sound fine, and show them singing in sync to the music which is nice.

Ysimda USB LED Reading Lamp Portable Flexible Stick USB LED White Light(Blue)
Ysimda USB LED Reading Lamp Portable Flexible Stick USB LED White Light(Blue)
Offered by ysimda
Price: $5.43

3.0 out of 5 stars No switch. Not very flexible., November 13, 2015
Nice, but it doesn't have a switch, and the neck is not flexible enough for what i need.

OxyLED T-01S Super Bright DIY Stick-on Anywhere 4-LED Touch Tap Light Push Light, LED Night Light
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $8.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes some getting used to but it works fine., November 13, 2015
I would give it 5 stars if it weren't for two things. The AAA batteries pop out easily, and if I bump against the light the light will come off it's mount and fall down and batteries pop out. Other than that it seems to work perfectly, and I like how it swivels. It's kind of sensitive to turning on and off, takes some getting used to the touch sensitive switches which aren't visible when I'm mounting it upside down.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good keyboard, but I would not recommend for software programmers or for standard office work., November 5, 2015
This is an update from before. I bought this not for gaming but for software programming, however I would assume that most gamers also use their keyboard for home use, or possibly even at work if they work at home like me.
From a practical standpoint this keyboard is dysfunctional to me, because of the keyboard layout. I think since most gaming keyboards are also used as standard keyboards I'm knocking my rating from 4 to 3 stars, because this is applicable to all keyboards in general.

The backslash keys are used often in programming, and if you work at an office, and the problem is that the keyboard layout is not standard as far as I know. There is this big Enter key where the slash key is. I type without looking except when using the symbols on the number row, or the numbers (if I'm not using the ten key). That is very annoying to hit the Enter key and I have lost about an hour worth of work since I bought this. Very disappointed that they did not make it a standard layout. Other than that it's great, and I'm typing on my previous keyboard and noticing my hands are getting tired. The fonts on the number row are a bit small, so I was disappointed by that too, because that is where I want to be looking at the keyboard when I'm typing here because my keyboard is under the table in the dark. I think I'm looking for other solutions such as just putting a LED light down there.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2015 2:05 PM PST

Steinberger Synapse TranScale ST-2FPA Guitar with Gigbag, Plain Black
Steinberger Synapse TranScale ST-2FPA Guitar with Gigbag, Plain Black
Price: $779.27
5 used & new from $685.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Only problem is it's a Gibson product, and it has parts that wear out, or break. It is a slight hassle though., June 16, 2015
This is a really snazzy guitar. Lot's of bells and whistles, and it sounds great. It's compact and people ask me if it's a travel guitar. Easy to change strings. Loads of features that I can't list. Plays great. The only problem is the transscale capo wears out and it's a pain to get replacement parts. So my suggestion is if you buy this for a baritone guitar, you will not be disappointed, you can just remove the capo permanently, or use it occasionally. If you use the capo often, be really careful adjusting it, take care of it, and if you take it off remove the screws first. Since my capo is wore out, I don't remember how it worked when it was working good, but it seemed like the capo worked effortlessly before. You can almost perform while adjusting the capo, so that's really great to have. People bash EMG pickups, but I think they sound really good, I mainly don't like having to replace the battery. The battery compartment is difficult to open up, so be sure the cloth strip is hanging out of the compartment, give the strip a gentle tug while pressing the arrow, and the cover will come out. It doesn't use up batteries very fast while it's unplugged, so fortunately I don't have to change them often. This is not the guitar I would use to just jam with people. They fret indicators I heavily rely on, and the indicators on the face of the fretboard are set for the baritone scale, which makes no sense to me. It still has those little markers on the side of the neck, but I don't notice them, so I get confused while playing. It has a learning curve knowing what all the knobs do, I'm thinking of labeling them. So with all the things you need to deal with it's not the most fun guitar to grab and play, so I often pick up my other guitars instead. But if you play serious gigs, or record this is pretty good to have, and it's so versatile with the piezo pickups, dual tone controls, and the capo.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6