Profile for L. Tussing > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Tussing RSS Feed (Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2
Geo Trax REMOTE Control CHRISTMAS in TOY TOWN TRAIN Set w LIGHTS & Sounds TOYS"R"US Exclusive (2010)
2 used & new from $249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad we bought it when it first came out, December 15, 2013
We bought this set when it first came out at Toys R us, as an exclusive to Toys R Us for our train obsessed 3 year old grandson. He is now 6, and still loves getting it out each Christmas. This is usually the first of the Christmas decorations to come down from the garage attic, and is is usually the last to go back up. Great Geo-Trax quality. It is a shame that this set was out for only a short period, which is why the price is so high here. Great fun, if you can find one!

Teva Men's Tanza Sandal
Teva Men's Tanza Sandal
Price: $49.95 - $109.00

1.0 out of 5 stars DIdn't last 6 months, October 8, 2013
This review is from: Teva Men's Tanza Sandal (Apparel)
Bought these for my husband for our Disney trip, and for the walking we did for our trip, they were fine, when they were new. He has now owned them for less than 6 months, and wears them on the weekends at our lake cottage. This past weekend, one of the straps came out where the strap is glued or sewn into the sole. I had expected better quality from Teva based on the reviews I had seen before buying these. They were wonderful while they lasted......hubby liked the comfort and fit. I just can't recommend them for durability.

PowerGen 4.2Amps / 20W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working....was good while it lasted, August 5, 2013
I purchased this car charger in September, 2012, and it had been working flawlessly for our multi-device, busy family, that is, it worked flawlessly, until I needed it for some longer car rides, and it just stopped working. My guess is the fuse is probably blown, and I have no patience for trying to find a replacement for it at this point. It has a one year warranty, and I got almost 11 months out of it. I have replaced it with a couple of New Trent double chargers, and so far, those are working as expected.

O2cool 8101 Deluxe Battery-operated Handheld Water-misting Fan- Colors May Vary
O2cool 8101 Deluxe Battery-operated Handheld Water-misting Fan- Colors May Vary
Offered by Nampa
Price: $11.79
27 used & new from $5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought two for Disney, one broke the first day, May 21, 2013
I bought these for our Disney trip, to help us keep cool while walking the parks. I was pretty disappointed that one of them broke before we even unloaded the car, the front fan piece coming off, and the missing piece was nowhere to be found. We managed to get by with one working fan, and I still used the broken one as a mister only, which still came in handy, but the kids ended up fighting over the one with the working fan. The fans still worked out pretty well for the trip, so I can't complain too much, but it would have been nice to have two complete working fans for the duration of the trip at least.

New Trent: iTorch 5200mAh Ultra Portable USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack for Smartphones and more (w/built-in laser + flashlight)
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $27.95
7 used & new from $19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Promising, but disappointing, May 4, 2013
I got this little charger nearly free with the purchase of the larger, 12,000 MAH charger. New Trent iCarrier 12000mAh Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack for the Latest Apple iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad mini, the New iPad with Retina display, iPad2 , iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS/3G, iPod Touch all versions; Android phones Samsung Galaxy Note/Nexus/S3/S2/S;... Immediately, I loved the size, and flashlight/laser features of the ITorch. I bought this to use on our Disney trip, and casually tested it out prior to the trip. It worked fine. I used it total of 4-5 times. Then, when I went to give it a full charge before throwing it in the suitcase for the Disney trip, the darn thing wouldn't take a charge. I tried several chargers that I already had (Because it does not come with an AC charger), and sadly, none of them would work with it either. The charger shows it has a little power left (one blue light), so I guess I will use it for its flashlight feature, until the battery drains completely.

Because I am 2 weeks outside my return period, I am unable to return it or exchange it through Amazon. When it worked, it was awesome. Based on the other great reviews, I guess I just got a bad one.

UPDATE: Because I was less than pleased with this product, I was contacted by New Trent Customer Service, and they initially offered product support and suggestions to try and get my unit working. When that proved fruitless, they agreed to replace the unit for me. I am very impressed with the Customer Service from this company thus far. I will post another update once the replacement arrives. Thanks New Trent!

New Trent iTorch IMP52D 5200mAh External Battery Charger for the iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS 3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2 S3, Note/Note II, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V), Blackberry (Bold Curve Torch), Droid(Motorola...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2013 9:58 AM PDT

New Trent iCarrier 12000mAh Portable Dual USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack for Smartphones, Tablets and more (Now w/Micro-USB charge port)
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $69.95
3 used & new from $28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little portable charger, May 1, 2013
I bought this charger for an upcoming trip to Disney. In preparation for the trip, I charged the battery pack to test it out, and have been carrying it around in my purse. For the power it delivers, the size and weight of this battery pack is very manageable. If you carry small handbags, then this may be heavier and larger then you'd like. But if you have the room, and have the need for a powerful battery pack, then the benefits clearly outweigh any weight/size issues.

I have an IPad, and an IPhone 4S, and thus far, the battery has delivered full and complete charges to my devices, with power to spare. I anticipate being able to keep our family of IPhone 4S phones charged and usable during our days at the parks. Since we will be at the parks all day, with no convenient places to plug in, it will be essential that the battery pack keep our 4 phones ready. I will post an updated report after we return from our trip, since that will be the true test of this battery pack.

Thus far, in my limited testing of the unit, it has performed flawlessly.

UPDATE: As promised, I said I would post an update after our return from Disney. I am very pleased to report that the New Trent ICarrier performed exactly as expected, and kept us all charged up during our 6 day trip. I laughed when spotted groups of people hovering near bathrooms because there was a wall outlet nearby, and they were all trying to charge up their devices; or in restaurants I spotted phones laying on the ground, tethered to an outlet, while their nervous owners kept a watchful eye on their electronics while they ate. I had no such worries, carrying the New Trent Icarrier.

For our trip, we drove down, using my daughters' CRV, which has only one charging socket near the driver. With a socket doubler, we were able to charge two phones, but there were 4 phones, 2 ipads, a Nintendo DS and an ITouch along for the ride, so extra charging sockets would have been nice. But as it turns out, totally not necessary, since I had the ICarrier with me, and those of us in the back seat could charge up as needed. I was amazed at the speed in which our devices charged up. My phone was ready to die when I got in line for Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studies, and in the time we waited in line.....about 1 hour (yes, too late for Fast Passes that day!) my phone was nearly fully charged during our treck through the queue. Needless to say, I was quite impressed with this great device, and will keep it charged and ready to go at all times. Especially during spring and summer storm season. I am very pleased with my purchase, and am quickly becoming a New Trent fan girl.

NewAir AI-100R 28-Pound Portable Icemaker, Red
NewAir AI-100R 28-Pound Portable Icemaker, Red
Price: $180.49
20 used & new from $160.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Been a workhorse for us!, February 15, 2013
We bought this to supply our cottage with ice, as stopping to buy bags of ice every weekend was starting to be a pain. While this item is not inexpensive, at this point, it has more than paid for itself since we purchased it in June 2012. We have had several large gatherings at the lake, and this has been able to keep up with our needs, even during the hottest days of July and August. We use it every weekend up at the lake, and whether it is just the two of us, or a houseful of guests, this icemaker keeps up. I am not a big fan of red, but it has grown on me.

Oster Am980ss 0.9-Cubic Foot, 900-Watt Countertop Microwave Oven
Oster Am980ss 0.9-Cubic Foot, 900-Watt Countertop Microwave Oven
Price: $92.99
29 used & new from $92.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice size, Nice Looking,, November 2, 2011
I purchased this for our new lakefront cottage, where counter space is at a premium. I was somewhat hesitant to bite the bullet because of the lack of reviews at the time of purchase. I decided to take a chance on this compact oven. I liked that this oven is large enough to put a dinner plate in and the wattage (9000W) is adequate for our needs. We have not noticed any considerable differences in performance from our full-size oven at home. The stainless steel look is pretty nice, making the oven look more expensive than it really is. The buttons are laid out well, and the display is easy to read. No complaints thus far, although we have only been using it a couple of weeks. So far, we have been pleased with this oven.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2013 1:57 PM PDT

iTouchless Deodorizer Touch-Free Sensor 13-Gallon Automatic Stainless-Steel Trash Can
Price: $64.99
33 used & new from $59.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great as a diaper pail, too!, August 6, 2008
I purchased this for my grandson's room before he was born. (DD and DGS live with us) Initially, my daughter had the Graco touchless diaper pail on her registry, and after having it home for all of 20 minutes, we soon realized it was a worthless piece of junk. We immediately returned it to the Baby store, and I started searching for a quality can in its' stead.

I found this one through another retail website, and my DH was very skeptical that this one would work any better than the Graco one.

After a year of heavy duty diaper pail use, I can happily report that it is still working flawlessly! It is so nice to just wave your hand and throw the dirty diaper in the pail. We put a stick up type air freshener just inside the lid, and have not had any major issues with stinky diaper pail smell! This has been a smart alternative to our original choice, and we are very happy! We highly recommend it for the nursery. iTouchless Stainless-Steel Hands-Free 13-Gallon Infrared Automatic Trash Can

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome All Terrain Stroller, May 31, 2008
Runabout Stroller - Harlequin Black

I bought this stroller after we TRIED to take our Peg Perego through a early spring muddy path, and ended up stuck in the mud. After that disaster, we decided we needed a rugged, all-terrain type stroller. The Valco Runabout fits the bill perfectly. It is not a true jogger, nor is it a mall stroller, but it sure is able to handle a woodsy path with uneven terrain very well! We have tested this stroller "off roading", and it has performed flawlessly in our walks through a local metrooark, where we are often seen going "off the beaten track". I give it high marks for being able to handle all but the roughest of terrain.

There are so many nice features to this stroller. I especially like the adjustable handle, and the switchable front wheel. To be able to switch between free swivel, 45 degree swivel, and fixed wheel is a very nice feature.

I like the reflective thread used throughout the stroller, so the stroller can be easily seen at dusk or dawn.

The basket and side bags are roomy enough to hold a UV sun canopy (an optional accessory) and the rain shield. There is no cup holder, but we have been using the Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy on this stroller and it works perfectly!

I also purchased the toddler seat (optional accessory), and so far, DGS likes it when given the opportunity to ride up front. The seat attaches very easily to the stroller, and fills the bill for an occasional double stroller quite nicely. I would not recommended this stroller for a full-time double stroller. If you are looking for a true double, I would purchase the twin version of this stroller, or look at other options.

All in all, we are very pleased with our Valco Runabout Tri-Mode Stroller in Harlequin Black. This one steers like a dream, and is able to handle the roughest of terrain. It is a great choice if you don't want or need a full time jogging stroller.

Page: 1 | 2