Profile for Librarian Laura > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 412

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Librarian Laura "Laura" RSS Feed (Houston, Tx, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Truth, Lies, and the Single Woman: Dispelling 10 Common Myths
Truth, Lies, and the Single Woman: Dispelling 10 Common Myths
by Allison K. Flexer
Price: $10.05
25 used & new from $7.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 28, 2015
This book is SO encouraging.
I love the truth that it speaks.
I love that the author knows what it's like to be over 30/single/Christian. (It's so annoying to get advice about being single from someone who got married young.)
I highly recommend this to single Christian women.

A Pinch of Promise (Taste of Romance) (Volume 2)
A Pinch of Promise (Taste of Romance) (Volume 2)
by Elizabeth Maddrey

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 28, 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I loved Ben. He's a great character---patient and strong. While I didn't connect with Marie, the main character a first, I enjoyed her journey of reconciling the past and finding love in the present.
I also loved catching up with the characters from book one in the series.
Overall, it's a great read if you enjoy Christian romances.

Always, Abigail
Always, Abigail
by Nancy J. Cavanaugh
Price: $11.07
65 used & new from $7.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 21, 2015
This review is from: Always, Abigail (Hardcover)
At first I was a little apprehensive about this book. It's on the Texas Bluebonnet List for the upcoming school year, and I thought it might be a little "fluffy" for the list. I'm so glad I was wrong. This is a great book! It may lose a few readers at the beginning, but it will not disappoint those who keep reading.
Abigail is complex and the author did a fantastic job of showing her struggle between the desire to be popular and the desire to be a good friend. It wasn't a quick fix, and that made the book so good. It was realistic yet fun.
I love the list concept, and the lists didn't keep the book from being well-developed and full of great characters.
I'm looking forward to sharing this book with my students.
I highly recommend this book for fans of Wendy Mass!

The Vanishing Coin (Magic Shop Series)
The Vanishing Coin (Magic Shop Series)
by Kate Egan
Price: $5.99
69 used & new from $1.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book., July 20, 2015
It took me a couple chapters to really get into the book, but it took off after that.
The theme of struggling in school and in life to find out what you're good at is an excellent one for the target-age readers.
The characters are interesting, and while I had hoped there would be more resolution at the end with the bully Jackson, I realize this is a series. Hopefully that will be addressed in later books.
I loved the magic tricks explained throughout the book.
I also enjoyed the illustrations and larger font, which will make this chapter book less intimidating to reluctant readers.
Overall, it's a fun into to a new series, and I think kids in grades 2-4 will enjoy this book!

Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek
Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 12, 2015
I really enjoyed Maya's journey. It's honest and funny and thoughtful.
I love the idea of using tips from a previous generation to navigate today because although styles and terms change, people are still the same--everyone wants to be accepted.
And this is a great story of a girl's journey not only to be popular but to be herself. And it's beautiful.

The Wonder of You (Christiansen Family)
The Wonder of You (Christiansen Family)
Price: $8.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book!, June 29, 2015
This is one of my very favorite Christian fiction series. Susan May Warren wrote a fantastic family with this series.
I love each book--catching up with old characters who seem like family and finding out more about one particular family.
Amelia was sometimes annoying. I liked her as a minor character in other books, but when the last book in the series was about a guy who will probably die a painful death, it was hard to care about her having her feelings hurt because she misinterpreted Roark's actions. However, I LOVED him. He was a great character, and I hope he's around in the next book.

Although Max and Grace weren't the main focus in this book, their continued story was my favorite part of this book. I loved the change in Max...don't want to spoil it, but it was fantastic.

Overall, this is a great continuation of the series. Not the best in the series but another solid book.
I can't wait till the next one comes out!

The President's Shadow (The Culper Ring Series)
The President's Shadow (The Culper Ring Series)
by Brad Meltzer
Price: $16.94
134 used & new from $7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, June 29, 2015
Another good book by Meltzer.
It was great to catch up with Beecher and the other characters from previous books.
The action was fast and furious, and there were a few twists along the way--some sad, some exciting.
Some of the plot was just over the top, but that's what made this thick book a fast read!

(I do recommend reading the books in order though!)

Funky Heart Roll Stickers 100 pc
Funky Heart Roll Stickers 100 pc
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $4.27
16 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., June 27, 2015
As advertised. Good product.

Children Make Terrible Pets (Starring Lucille Beatrice Bear)
Children Make Terrible Pets (Starring Lucille Beatrice Bear)
by Peter Brown
Price: $12.83
108 used & new from $2.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny book!, June 27, 2015
Funny book! I read this with my first and second graders, and they loved it. Funny twist on the pet books.
Illustrations are good as well.

Telephone
Telephone
by Mac Barnett
Price: $10.52
96 used & new from $1.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, June 27, 2015
This review is from: Telephone (Hardcover)
Cute, fun book for younger readers. Pictures are great too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20