Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for Librarian Laura > Reviews

Browse

Librarian Laura's Profile

Customer Reviews: 419

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Librarian Laura "Laura" RSS Feed (Houston, Tx, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Day the Crayons Came Home
The Day the Crayons Came Home
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 30, 2015
So cute!
Sometimes when an author writes a follow-up to a popular book, the second one is disappointing. This one is just as funny as the first book, The Day the Crayons Quit. It has a few returning characters with mostly new crayons, a winning combination.
It's a must-have for libraries and a must-read for any fans of funny books with a great message.

Endgame: The Calling
Endgame: The Calling
by James Frey
Price: $8.53
60 used & new from $3.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Action-Driven Book, August 30, 2015
This review is from: Endgame: The Calling (Paperback)
It took me a while to get used to the writing style and connect with the characters, but after I read the first 1/3, I really enjoyed this story.
There's a ton of action and plenty of twists and turns.

Married 'til Monday (A Chapel Springs Romance Book 4)
Married 'til Monday (A Chapel Springs Romance Book 4)
Offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Conclusion, August 22, 2015
I have really enjoyed this series by Denise Hunter, and I'm a little sad to see it end.
While Ryan's story wasn't my favorite, it's still a good romance. I liked how the author had the flashbacks, showing how two people who were in love could drift apart to the point of divorce even though they still loved each other.
Ryan and Abby were both well-developed and complex. Ryan was almost too good--most guys wouldn't have kept coming back after Abby pushed him away over and over. But, he saw in her what readers didn't see until halfway through--a hurt girl who had walls to the sky around her.
Overall, it was a great read, and I recommend it to fans of Susan May Warren as well as those who have enjoyed getting to know the McKinley family.
I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

One More Wish (Christy & Todd: the Married Years)
One More Wish (Christy & Todd: the Married Years)
by Robin Jones Gunn
Price: $13.17
21 used & new from $9.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Good addition, August 22, 2015
I've loved the Christy Miller series for most of my life, so I'm so excited RJG is continuing the series. It's like catching up with old friends.
I loved how all the old characters were in this book. Tracy and Doug are a huge part of the story, and Sierra and Katie make appearances. So, I loved that.
At times, the story dragged, but since I love the characters so much, it was okay.
In the last book, Christy and Todd were pretty immature in a couple ways, but it seems they grew up a lot in this book, learning to stand on their own and not always rely on Marti and Bob.
I also thought RJG delved into Marti and Christy's relationship, and I really hope that's continued in the next book.

Overall, fans will enjoy this book and REALLY look forward to the next.

Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines)
Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines)
by Jen Calonita
Price: $7.84
70 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great summer read, August 10, 2015
Nice summer read. Great characters. Good lesson learned by the main character. Overall, fast, fun read.

A Worthy Pursuit
A Worthy Pursuit
by Karen Witemeyer
Price: $11.63
65 used & new from $5.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, August 10, 2015
This review is from: A Worthy Pursuit (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are engaging and unique. The action is fast, and the spiritual lesson is subtle but powerful.

I received this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

Brown Girl Dreaming (Newbery Honor Book)
Brown Girl Dreaming (Newbery Honor Book)
by Jacqueline Woodson
Price: $10.11
112 used & new from $6.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, August 10, 2015
Beautiful. Simple yet profound.

Truth, Lies, and the Single Woman: Dispelling 10 Common Myths
Truth, Lies, and the Single Woman: Dispelling 10 Common Myths
by Allison K. Flexer
Price: $12.74
34 used & new from $8.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 28, 2015
This book is SO encouraging.
I love the truth that it speaks.
I love that the author knows what it's like to be over 30/single/Christian. (It's so annoying to get advice about being single from someone who got married young.)
I highly recommend this to single Christian women.

A Pinch of Promise (Taste of Romance) (Volume 2)
A Pinch of Promise (Taste of Romance) (Volume 2)
by Elizabeth Maddrey
Price: $10.59
10 used & new from $8.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 28, 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I loved Ben. He's a great character---patient and strong. While I didn't connect with Marie, the main character a first, I enjoyed her journey of reconciling the past and finding love in the present.
I also loved catching up with the characters from book one in the series.
Overall, it's a great read if you enjoy Christian romances.

Always, Abigail
Always, Abigail
by Nancy J. Cavanaugh
Price: $11.07
56 used & new from $7.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 21, 2015
This review is from: Always, Abigail (Hardcover)
At first I was a little apprehensive about this book. It's on the Texas Bluebonnet List for the upcoming school year, and I thought it might be a little "fluffy" for the list. I'm so glad I was wrong. This is a great book! It may lose a few readers at the beginning, but it will not disappoint those who keep reading.
Abigail is complex and the author did a fantastic job of showing her struggle between the desire to be popular and the desire to be a good friend. It wasn't a quick fix, and that made the book so good. It was realistic yet fun.
I love the list concept, and the lists didn't keep the book from being well-developed and full of great characters.
I'm looking forward to sharing this book with my students.
I highly recommend this book for fans of Wendy Mass!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20