Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Librarian Laura > Reviews

Browse

Librarian Laura's Profile

Customer Reviews: 423

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Librarian Laura "Laura" RSS Feed (Houston, Tx, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20

The Terrible Two
The Terrible Two
Price: $8.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, September 6, 2015
This review is from: The Terrible Two (Kindle Edition)
Funny.
Interesting characters.
All around great read!

Drawing Fire (Cold Case Justice)
Drawing Fire (Cold Case Justice)
by Janice Cantore
Price: $13.97
74 used & new from $4.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to a new series!, September 6, 2015
I really enjoyed the first book in Janice Cantore's new series. Abby and Luke are both interesting and well-developed characters on their own, but together they shine.
The action is fast and intriguing. There are twists and turns along the way.
This is Cantore's best book so far.
I'm really looking forward to book two.

I received this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

Love Takes the Cake: A September Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella Book 10)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishing
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet story, September 6, 2015
I struggled with writing this review.
First, I really liked the characters and the sweet story. Betsy is a great author, and I enjoyed the story.
However, it was a little sad to me that this novella, published by a Christian publisher, had no mention of God, grace, redemption even though the story was perfect for small references to redemption and forgiveness. I don't want a sermon or to be beat over the head with some Bible lesson when I read fiction, but I expect some spiritual aspect.
Since I've read the author's other books and have found spiritual themes in them, I'm assuming this change is from the publisher. And I'm including it in my review for their benefit.
The story is great. The writing is great. If you're a fan of sweet love stories, this is a great read!

The Day the Crayons Came Home
The Day the Crayons Came Home
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 30, 2015
So cute!
Sometimes when an author writes a follow-up to a popular book, the second one is disappointing. This one is just as funny as the first book, The Day the Crayons Quit. It has a few returning characters with mostly new crayons, a winning combination.
It's a must-have for libraries and a must-read for any fans of funny books with a great message.

Endgame: The Calling
Endgame: The Calling
by James Frey
Price: $6.79
74 used & new from $2.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Action-Driven Book, August 30, 2015
This review is from: Endgame: The Calling (Paperback)
It took me a while to get used to the writing style and connect with the characters, but after I read the first 1/3, I really enjoyed this story.
There's a ton of action and plenty of twists and turns.

Married 'til Monday (A Chapel Springs Romance Book 4)
Married 'til Monday (A Chapel Springs Romance Book 4)
Offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Conclusion, August 22, 2015
I have really enjoyed this series by Denise Hunter, and I'm a little sad to see it end.
While Ryan's story wasn't my favorite, it's still a good romance. I liked how the author had the flashbacks, showing how two people who were in love could drift apart to the point of divorce even though they still loved each other.
Ryan and Abby were both well-developed and complex. Ryan was almost too good--most guys wouldn't have kept coming back after Abby pushed him away over and over. But, he saw in her what readers didn't see until halfway through--a hurt girl who had walls to the sky around her.
Overall, it was a great read, and I recommend it to fans of Susan May Warren as well as those who have enjoyed getting to know the McKinley family.
I was given this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

One More Wish (Christy & Todd: the Married Years)
One More Wish (Christy & Todd: the Married Years)
by Robin Jones Gunn
Price: $12.06
44 used & new from $8.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Good addition, August 22, 2015
I've loved the Christy Miller series for most of my life, so I'm so excited RJG is continuing the series. It's like catching up with old friends.
I loved how all the old characters were in this book. Tracy and Doug are a huge part of the story, and Sierra and Katie make appearances. So, I loved that.
At times, the story dragged, but since I love the characters so much, it was okay.
In the last book, Christy and Todd were pretty immature in a couple ways, but it seems they grew up a lot in this book, learning to stand on their own and not always rely on Marti and Bob.
I also thought RJG delved into Marti and Christy's relationship, and I really hope that's continued in the next book.

Overall, fans will enjoy this book and REALLY look forward to the next.

Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines)
Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines)
by Jen Calonita
Price: $10.00
80 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great summer read, August 10, 2015
Nice summer read. Great characters. Good lesson learned by the main character. Overall, fast, fun read.

A Worthy Pursuit
A Worthy Pursuit
by Karen Witemeyer
Price: $11.68
80 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, August 10, 2015
This review is from: A Worthy Pursuit (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are engaging and unique. The action is fast, and the spiritual lesson is subtle but powerful.

I received this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20