Profile for G. S. Pita > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. S. Pita RSS Feed (São Paulo, Brazil)

GRAND DUEL [HD]
GRAND DUEL [HD]
DVD
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent movie with great music, January 30, 2015
A decent spaghetti western by Giancarlo Santi, a longtime collaborator of Sergio Leone. It is short, about 90 minutes. So a good introductory movie to the genre if you are yet into it. Younger generations will recall the music theme from 'Kill Bill, Vol. 1', composed by Luis Bacalov.

Inglesina Universal Stroller Umbrella Parasol, Cream
Inglesina Universal Stroller Umbrella Parasol, Cream
Price: $34.31
7 used & new from $34.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, easy attach, OK positioning, March 10, 2014
I decided to buy the Inglesina and not a parasol half the price influenced by some positive reviews I read in Amazon.com describing its size and quality. My baby's stroller is a Bugaboo Bee. It attaches quite well to the Bee and it moderately easy to position it against the sun. It could be just a little softer to change its position when attached to the stroller.

Be aware that, when opened, the parasol is not large. Its diameter is perhaps three feet wide. So you will still need to adjust it and position it every time you make a left or right walking in the street.

I bought the cream color and was afraid it wouldn't be thick enough to make a good shade. But it has an extra layer of fabric, so not really a problem.

I have not tried any other existing brand or model. Based on my non-comparative experience with the Inglesina, I would definitely recommend it to other parents who enjoy strolling under a little bit of sun.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 3444F9U 14-Inch LED Ultrabook (2GHz Intel Core i7 i7-3667U, 1600 x 900 HD+ Display, 8 GB RAM, 180 GB SSD, Bluetooth, Webcam, FingerPrint Reader, Windows 7 Pro) Black
Offered by Cell Locker
Price: $1,799.97
6 used & new from $1,096.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Miss a 3rd USB port, September 11, 2013
This is a great notebook. The screen is not glossy, different from many other Windows PCs at the same price point. When you get used to it the screen happens to be more comfortable to your eyes than a glossy screen.

The one thing I miss is a third USB port. I always have a wireless mouse connected, what leave my notebook with only one port left to connect either my external smart card reader, my USB headset or a network cable when I need a more stable connection.

I would give it a 5-star rating if it wasn't for this 3rd USB detail.

Economics, Organization and Management
Economics, Organization and Management
by Paul Milgrom
Price: $90.97
55 used & new from $11.82

2.0 out of 5 stars Great book; the worst print quality you'll ever seen, November 20, 2008
The book delivered by Amazon.com looks like a photocopied book, not a printed one. Paper quality is the worst. It's totally incompatible with the US$ 140 price.

It should be out-of-print or something and then Prentice-Hall found it cheaper to photocopy and bind it, rather then issuing a new edition. Amazon.com should let customers know this in advance.

The book content is great as the other reviewers have said, but I'm about to see a book with worse print quality than the one Amazon sent me.

I wish I have bought a used book, printed 15 years ago, for US$ 40.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2010 1:03 PM PDT

Sony DCR-DVD405 3MP DVD Handycam Camcorder with 10x Optical Zoom
Sony DCR-DVD405 3MP DVD Handycam Camcorder with 10x Optical Zoom
11 used & new from $69.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it if you use a Mac, May 8, 2006
It does not support FireWire connection and you can't edit images captured with the 405 directly in your Mac, using iMovie or FinalCut. This information was not clear in the pre-sales available materials from Sony by the time this review was written.

You can't use the USB connection to import your raw images to iMovie. You will need a lot of effort to do so: 1) finalize the disc; 2) copy the .VOB files to your Mac desktop; 3) search geek's web forum until you find tips on how to convert .VOB files to iMovie-editable formats like .MOV and .MPG. And of course you will lose movie quality doing so.

Terrible user experience.

I've e-mailed Sony Customer Service and the first reply I got was from an automated machine completely ignoring the fact that I use a Mac (I had indeed selected 'Mac OS' in the web site e-mail form, and also made it very explicit while writing).

I seriously do not recommend this camera if you plan to edit your movies using a Mac.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2008 9:46 PM PDT