Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for S. White > Reviews

Browse

S. White's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. White RSS Feed (Lubbock, TX)

RCBS Turret Press
RCBS Turret Press
Price: $265.20
20 used & new from $236.20

1.0 out of 5 stars I must say that Midway was awesome in their customer service, December 8, 2015
This review is from: RCBS Turret Press (Sports)
Before I begin, I must say that Midway was awesome in their customer service. RCBS on the other hand has more than likely lost a customer forever, and that from someone whose reloading room is decked out in green. I purchased a turret press that was set to arrive before the Thanksgiving holiday, which it did. After installation of the press and setup of .45 ACP dies, I pulled the lever and the ram slid up to the turret...however, the shell casing stopped at the bottom of the resize/decap die. I backed off and tried again. I checked to see if the shell holder was all the way back in the ram, it was and so I tried again and again the shell did not line up with the die. I tapped the shell over, it slid in, and I got another shell thinking that shell was malformed. Long story short, either the detents in turret were milled in the wrong spot or the top of the ram was not properly milled out to receive the shell holder. I called RCBS and they confirmed that I was doing everything right and the press must be bad. The RCBS solution was to send me a shipping label, have me ship it back, them process the shipment, and then, finally, ship me a new press. All of this taking around 8 days. Needless to say I was less than pleased. I called Midway and they helped me out with a new press, which I purchased for the promise of a full refund on the dud. Two days later I get my bright shiny new turret press, still in time for the holiday too. However, this press had the exact same issue. My disappointment is extreme. Oh well, Midway let me ship it all back and refunded every red cent. I did call RCBS and they just said return it for a refund and sorry about your luck. Like I said, they permanently lost a customer.

Durango BT200 Boot (Toddler/Little Kid)
Durango BT200 Boot (Toddler/Little Kid)
Price: $35.96 - $92.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Toes wear quickly, January 7, 2013
These boots are super cute and my son loves them. He has worn them every day since getting them for Christmas. However, as stated in the description, the upper is a "leather-like" material and the toe is already wearing through. We'll keep these for play boots, but will be buying some with genuine leather to wear to school and church.

Heart and Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
Heart and Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
by Elizabeth Davis
57 used & new from $6.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, March 11, 2010
I thought this was a super book! Definitely more geared to professional midwives than the general population, but still good for the mom who really wants to be educated. I am a labor nurse and books like this keep me believing that there is more to birth that our hospitals have to offer. Some of the pictures were a little dated, but the information is classic.

The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative
The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative
by Christine Gross-Loh
Price: $11.19
157 used & new from $0.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overview., December 10, 2008
I got what I expected out of this book. I didn't read it cover to cover, but I got an understanding of why I would want to introduce the potty earlier than US culture dictates. We are definitely "occasional EC'ers." I also got the basics on how to do it.

Baby Signing Time Volume 1 DVD
Baby Signing Time Volume 1 DVD
DVD ~ Rachel de Azevedo Coleman
14 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful., December 10, 2008
This was a good intro to signing and the signs that were chosen were very helpful. This made for a good signing foundation. We also liked the 2nd volume. I have to say it taught me more than my son, but allowed me, in turn, to teach him. It only works well if you use the signs in everyday speech.

Family Financial Workbook: A Family Budgeting Guide
Family Financial Workbook: A Family Budgeting Guide
by Larry Burkett
Price: $13.93
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, December 10, 2008
This book has helped me organize my budget over and over. Some may say it is oversimplified, but why make things harder than they have to be? This gives several different ways to look at your budget and I love the worksheet format. I even made copies so I could continue to use over the years.