Profile for hubble15 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

hubble15 "hubble15" RSS Feed (Miami)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Breville BOV650XL Compact 4-Slice Smart Oven with Element IQ
Breville BOV650XL Compact 4-Slice Smart Oven with Element IQ
Price: $179.95
34 used & new from $140.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked great, but didn't last, December 11, 2014
Worked great, but didn't last. I liked this unit, but it died after 4 1/2 years. I think a "high-end" toaster should last longer.

Swimline R/C Submarine, 49mhz
Swimline R/C Submarine, 49mhz
Price: $28.85
6 used & new from $28.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Front buoyancy compartment filled with water - sub is completely useless. Don't buy, September 7, 2014

Swimline Radio Control Submarine - 49MHz
Swimline Radio Control Submarine - 49MHz
Offered by VMInnovations
Price: $54.99
3 used & new from $54.99

I installed the batteries and the trim weights in accordance with the instructions (which I carefully read). Sub made two circuits of the pool and then sank straight to the bottom. Front buoyancy compartment filled with water - sub is completely useless. Don't buy. My kid is still in tears.

Swimline Remote Control Submarine
Swimline Remote Control Submarine
Offered by Quality + Deals
Price: $51.70
8 used & new from $46.19

This review is from: Swimline Remote Control Submarine
I installed the batteries and the trim weights in accordance with the instructions (which I carefully read). Sub made two circuits of the pool and then sank straight to the bottom. Front buoyancy compartment filled with water - sub is completely useless. Don't buy. My kid has been crying over an hour now.

Swimline RC Submarine - 27 MHz

Pilot [HD]
DVD
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Lame and forced, February 10, 2014
This show starts with an unpromising premise, casts it with cardboard cut-outs (look at the goggly eyes on the black man! oooo, the Irish guy says "fook" a lot), and caps it off with the kind of reveal that Carter would never have done on the X-files. Boo. Boring, unbelievable, not even good enough to be silly.

Braun Series 7-760cc Pulsonic Shaver System, Black and Silver
Braun Series 7-760cc Pulsonic Shaver System, Black and Silver
Price: $190.99
25 used & new from $177.62

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not a big improvement, December 11, 2013
I bought this to replace my 11-year old 7526 model (which replaced my 1989 Braun shaver - still the best one ever). It's OK. I shaves me a bit closer than the 7526 does now, but I think that's because the replacement cutter & screen aren't as good as the originals. It doesn't shave as close as it should, especially in the neck area. NOTE: the flip-out trimmer is a big step backwards. Cute & flimsy, it's too narrow to easily shave the back of the neck. I want to keep buying Brauns ... I guess I'll have another chance in 10 years or so. Hope they're better by then

Clarity Aloft Standard Aviation Headset
Clarity Aloft Standard Aviation Headset
Offered by SARASOTA AVIONICS INTERNATIONAL
Price: $525.00
9 used & new from $459.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Durability remains to be seen ..., July 1, 2013
After one hop in my new (to me) Pitts S2A, I knew the Lightspeed Sierra wasn't going to cut it. I bought the Claritys the next day at the Sebring LSA expo and have loved 'em! Super noise attenuation, adequate voice discrimination in the noisy cockpit, very light & comfortable and they stay on during negative Gs.

You'll read on blogs & boards that you can wash & reuse the ear tips. I don't recommend that ... I've been a foamie user for 20+ years under my military helmet and I can promise you that washed foamies aren't as good as fresh foamies. I've got about 40 sorties on the Clarity, and find I need to replace the ear buds every 10-15. My flying is in FL and pretty sweaty ... non-aerobatic flight in cooler climates will probably let you use the ear buds longer. Also - consider a MicMuff to improve mic performance.

Speaking of the mic - mine quit yesterday mid-flight for no known reason. I'm sending the headset in for warranty service ... will come back to this review and post results.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 1:38 PM PST

Mission to Paris: A Novel
Mission to Paris: A Novel
by Alan Furst
Price: $12.61
256 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Clunky, cliched, and poorly written, June 24, 2013
I greatly enjoyed Furst's first two books, and had hopes for the franchise. But it's all plug & play now, and sloppily done. An example from p 53: - "Have you seen the papers? Daladier and Chamberlain are going to Munich ..." Daladier was the Premier of France, Chamberlain the Prime Minister of Great Britain. - Thunk, clunk. Really?! The reader needs to be told? That clumsily? Page 72 did it for me, tho I read a bit further. - Justine Piro--accented on the last syllable in the French pronunciation ... - Really? P72 goes on to numb the spirit ... suspension of disbelief out the window.

Abandon Furst. Accurate street names can't make up for his poor writing.

Fly for Fun with Bill Thomas
Fly for Fun with Bill Thomas
by Bill Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have book for Pitts drivers, February 6, 2013
It's GREAT to see this book back in print. I was just getting ready to pinch my nose and pay $100+ for a used copy. The book is a super companion to a more academic book (Cassidy's Better Aerobatics, for example). It's concise, pithy, and directed specifically at the Pitts pilot. A couple specific "where to look" pointers immediately improved my performance in practice flights. I plan to fly all the maneuvers in the book w/ his descriptions fresh in my mind. As a new Pitts owner and acro newbie looking to fly my first competition this spring, I expect to lean heavily on his advice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4