Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for mgabernathy > Reviews

Browse

mgabernathy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mgabernathy RSS Feed

Magic Always Happens: My Daddy Loves Me!
Magic Always Happens: My Daddy Loves Me!
by Neophytos Papaneophytou
Price: $9.95
29 used & new from $3.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Counting our blessings, September 11, 2014
In an age when four-letter words help sell books to parents, it's refreshing to read a book like "Magic Always Happens," which celebrates the little miracles all around us. It reminds us to count our blessings instead of complaining. Thank you, Dr. Papaneophytou.

Immigrants in Hoboken:: One-Way Ticket, 1845-1985 (American Heritage)
Immigrants in Hoboken:: One-Way Ticket, 1845-1985 (American Heritage)
by Christina A. Ziegler-McPherson
Price: $18.09
25 used & new from $12.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, thorough history of Hoboken's population, July 3, 2011
Loved it. As a long-time Hoboken resident, I have picked up a vague sense of Hoboken's population trends & the primary ethnic groups that have lived here, but after reading "Immigrants in Hoboken," I have a much stronger sense of Hoboken's cultural history. Ziegler-McPherson grounds her engrossing book in hard data and detailed research to show how the waves of Germans, Irish, Italians, Puerto Ricans, and smaller groups of other origins settled Hoboken and influenced its political, business and cultural development. And, it's a quick read! I sat down with this book on Monday afternoon and finished it by dinner. I highly recommend it.