Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Starrider > Reviews

Browse

Starrider's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Starrider RSS Feed

Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3
Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3
Offered by J&S GAMES
Price: $14.10
229 used & new from $2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Patches and DLC, March 22, 2013
Five months ago, when I first put this game in, I'll never forget what an absolute train wreck I thought it was. The controls (tip: auto-mix herbs by pressing square + R2), the darkness (tip: in the display settings, turn up the brightness way higher than the game tells you to, around 13), that flaming ambulance (I just had to laugh at that point)...but I kept playing and it got much better. Once you get accustomed to the controls, the game becomes so much fun! Mercs, in particular, is terrific! It's so satisfying countering zombies with axes, torches, etc.

The sound effects are excellent. Love that zombie melt & J'avo sizzle!

One valid criticism of the game is that it lacks the atmosphere of earlier entries in the series, such as 1 and 4. Very true, but I think the awesome combat system makes up for that.

The story's fine, not great, and the campaigns are generally enjoyable. While Leon's had the lowest low point (I crashed that plane way too many times), the only one I didn't care for was Ada's "greatest hits" campaign. Chris', I felt, had the strongest ending.

But what I'm really here to talk about are the patches & DLC, which have turned a decent game into an excellent one. They've fixed the camera & created sub-chapters for the campaigns (which certainly comes in handy for RE.net events). And I LOVE the extra modes! Survivors seems to be polarizing but I love it. Onslaught is just okay. Predator is great (and I enjoy seeing the stages relatively deserted). Siege is completely bonkers and an absolute blast! Up there with Mercs. I've been playing it every night with no end in sight.

4.5 stars rounded up to 5.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 PS3
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 PS3
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $21.37
141 used & new from $12.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Fighter of the Year and One of the Finest Tekken Games, October 11, 2012
My first game for the PS1 was Tekken 2 back in 1997. 'Twas love at first blow. I remember how impressed I was with the graphics as well as the quality of the ending movies. The original Tekken Tag Tournament was my first game for the PS2. I loved it and poured countless hours into it. Tekken 6 was my first game for the PS3 and I quite enjoyed it. Sure, online was a mess but I'm a big enough fan of single player content that it didn't bother me too much. I didn't even mind Scenario Campaign! I actually have vaguely nostalgic feelings of getting all cozied-up that winter and just grinding away in SC for items/cash. Admittedly, the graphics were less than stellar but I appreciated them throwing in something extra a la Tekken Force, Tekken Ball or Tekken Bowling.

Suffice it to say, I've been a Tekken fan since I was a kid and, having played every game in the series, TTT2 would EASILY rank in my personal top 2. It's THAT good. With a little more DLC** this game could very well become the most complete Tekken to date! It's already the best looking -- LOVE the new DLC stages! More please! This game is making me so DLC hungry. I'm like, "the free stuff's great and all but I will PAY YOU FOR EVEN MORE!!" :-p The selection of characters is immense and the soundtrack is outstanding -- one of the best EVER in a Tekken game. Not that it even had to be, as you can now put whatever songs you want in the game! It's an absolute blast; I've already burned 7 Tekken mixes. I'm kickin' @$$ to everything from Asia to AC/DC to Sufjan Stevens. I demand this feature in GTA V. :-)

The only negative aspect I can think of is the character customization. While I LOVE the color wheel, the beautiful panels, the auras, ki, rage, etc. the game could certainly use more clothing & hairstyle options. And some of the customized characters you'll fight in ghost mode are incredibly stupid looking. Even worse, customized characters also show up in ARCADE MODE, where they have absolutely no business being. It's disrespectful to the characters and I hope it can be patched out. I'm sure the majority of longtime fans would be content with the freak show being confined to ghost battles.

All in all, TTT2 is a fun, deep, colorful and occasionally frustrating experience that any fan of fighting games should own!

**Fingers crossed for Ball or Bowling, a few more stages (I have way too many Tekken Tunes to use) and more character customization items!

Mystery Science Theater 3000: XXIV
Mystery Science Theater 3000: XXIV
DVD ~ Joel Hodgson
Price: $25.69
23 used & new from $19.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, April 27, 2012
Another great collection from Shout!Factory. The episode selection is a big step up over the previous set (vol. XXIII), with two series classics (the Fugitive Alien dualogy), a decent episode that perhaps should've been stronger, given the cheesetastic film (Samson vs the Vampire Women) and another solid, fun, colorful episode (Sword and the Dragon). There's not a weak episode in the bunch. My only complaint is the continued lack of Sci Fi era eps. And KTMAs, for that matter. But this a good, crowd-pleasing set!