Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event STEM Toys & Games
Profile for W. Doyle > Reviews

Browse

W. Doyle's Profile

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Doyle RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Think Tank Retrospective 5 Shoulder Bag - Pinestone
Think Tank Retrospective 5 Shoulder Bag - Pinestone
Offered by bakya's
Price: $144.75
31 used & new from $132.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged, water-resistant, handsome: my Fuji X100T's new home (and my new all-time favorite camera bag!), August 25, 2015
Like many photo enthusiasts, over the years, I have amassed quite a collection of bags. And more than many other class of products I can think of, camera bags seem to polarize people. Photographers know will what I mean. You'll read a review for a bag that raves about its functionality or appearance, when you personally abhor it for the same reasons. Well, keep that in mind as you read this review. I found this bag perfect for my needs and current set-up.

As a Fujifilm X100T user (and formerly the X100), my everyday bag for little trips around town has been the Domke 700-51S F-5XA Small Shoulder and Belt Bag - Sand. (A bag that I also love!) But I wanted something a little bit bigger for travel. Something to hold my X100T, spare batteries, and any other small things that I might need (or collect) while wandering around. For that purpose, this bag fits the bill, as it can store my camera stuff, plus sunglass case, reading glasses, a map, and plenty more. And as per YouTube reviews, can easily hold small interchangeable lens kits.

But one of the coolest things about the bag is the "raincoat" it comes with. On a recent trip, I was caught out in a torrential downpour. I was expecting this, and in the past, I wouldn't have even brought my bag with me for fear of it getting soaked. But this time, I just needed to duck into a doorway, wrap the rain bag around it, and in less than 60 seconds my stuff was fully protected.

I even like the Velcro "noise prevention" system, which allows the user to block the Velcro and just have the top flap open with no effort. This is nice for indoor spaces, as the Velcro on the bag can be pretty loud. I wasn't sure I'd use this feature but now I'm sold on its usefulness.

Finally, it's a sweet looking bag. Simple, rugged, with a slightly "well-loved" vibe. Comfortable, adjustable strap. And no logo to be seen. (I know, if someone really wants your bag, they don't bother looking for camera bag logos.)

All in all, I love this bag and would definitely buy it again.

Nixxell Battery charger for Fujifilm NP-95 ,BC-65N and Fuji FinePix REAL 3D W1,BC-65N, X100, X100S, X-S1(Fully Decoded)
Offered by Alfatronix
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably great price and exactly what I was hoping for, August 24, 2015
Unbelievably great price and exactly what I was hoping for. I will be grabbing a second one for travel, so I can do two at once. With the X100T'a notoriously awful battery performance, at least it's cheap to buy extra power.

JJC LH-JX100II SILVER Upgrade Lens Hood Shade Adapter Ring for Fujifilm FinePix X100 X100S Replaces AR-X100 Silver
Offered by DigiKit
Price: $16.20
7 used & new from $14.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but causes vignetting with UV filter, July 31, 2015
I must second what an earlier reviewer said, in that this hood does, indeed, cause vignetting when used with a UV filter. I'd give it 5 stars if not for this. But as it stands, I am going to have to order the original JJC bayonet adapter/hood now.

Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Price: $79.99
9 used & new from $53.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality control = returning after less than 2 days, February 18, 2015
I read the reviews about this kettle that reported getting the "HI ERR" error message, even when not at high altitudes. I ignored them to my own detriment. The kettle did this the second time I used it, then approximately 50% of the time after that. 100% unacceptable, and I am returning it. I bought the Hario to replace it and wish I'd done so in the first place, because I like everything about it better.

Leven Rose Beard Oil and Leave-In Conditioner - Best Beard Oil Fragrance Free - 100% Pure Organic Natural Unscented for Groomed Beard Growth, Mustache, Skin for Men - 1 Oz - Jojoba and Argan Oil
Offered by Leven Rose
Price: $29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended to keep your beard looking its best, January 27, 2015
Great stuff. Working just a little into the beard totally keeps it looking very well-maintained. (My beard is about 1/2 inch, but can get pretty messy looking without attention.)

TiVo Remote Control - Universal Replacement for Premiere, Series3, and Series2
TiVo Remote Control - Universal Replacement for Premiere, Series3, and Series2
Offered by weaKnees DVR Superstore
Price: $35.99
3 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, February 3, 2014
I wanted a replacement for my broken TiVo remote, and this is exactly what I'd looked for. I had no idea you could get these through Amazon. Bonus: it even has an On Demand button, which my original remote lacked.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best number 4 cookie cutter I've ever used, May 14, 2013
Flat out, this cutter is incredible. I have tried lots of number 4 cookie cutters, but this one is the best by far. First, it is the best looking 4 I have seen, and I've tried them all. Elegant yet playful, this typeface says you care about your number 4 cookies. And it cuts cleanly, and smoothly, the first time. Every time.

But the coolest thing about this cutter is how versatile it is. Most bakers would probably make some number 4 cookies and leave it at that. They are missing out on so much. With the addition of a couple of other number cutters, you are no longer limited to 4s. A friend just turned 24? You got it covered! Celebrating your 14 month anniversary? Look no further! And it is a must have kitchen gadget for anyone who's ever had to make cookies for the class of 1994. Or 1947. It's that versatile.

So if you're looking for the best number 4 cookie cutter available, add this to your cart. And don't 4-get who gave you the tip!

Bullet Cable SLUG Connectors BC-SLA-KIT Right Angle Instrument Cable
Bullet Cable SLUG Connectors BC-SLA-KIT Right Angle Instrument Cable

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible experience with these, wanted to love them, February 22, 2013
I have had plenty of experience with DIY cables and have had George L's and Planet Waves kits. Once a while a dud would result, but usually quickly remedied. As it should be. I'd estimate a 95% success rate with other brands.

I wanted to give these a try because they have a slightly smaller profile, and would look killer on my board! But an hour later and after about a dozen attempts to make a cable that didn't have a short in it, I gave up. It shouldn't be like this. I've made many solderless cables with the brands above, and have had great success. Is not me. Sadly, and with great disappointment, I sent them back. Sigh.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2013 5:44 PM PDT

Domke 700-51S F-5XA Small Shoulder and Belt Bag - Sand
Domke 700-51S F-5XA Small Shoulder and Belt Bag - Sand
Price: $46.00
20 used & new from $46.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel bag for a small system, August 3, 2012
I have owned a Domke D2 for while now, so I was very familar with the great build quality of this brand. But the D2 is for a fairly large SLR system. Not really appropriate for traveling light. Enter the F-5XA. As a recent purchaser of a Fujifilm X100, I needed something that was small enough to blend into street scenes, while big enough to carry a few accessories for travel (extra battery, charger, cable release, etc.).

I already own what a non-photo-enthusiast might consider "too many" bags--is there even such a thing?--but nothing that fit my job description. I also looked at many, many other companies' bags, from the upmarket (Billingham) to the more affordable (Lowepro), and lots of others.

What I find in looking at other brands is that they mostly tend to LOOK camera bags. Something about the trim, color options, logo, etc. What I love about Domke bags is that they are so unassuming looking. This bag, in particular, looks more like a "man bag" than something carrying upwards of $2K in gear, making it less likely to attract a thieves attention, and more likely to allow a shooter to go unnoticed. Especially in Sand, which is a pretty uncommon color for a camera bag (other than a Domke, of course).

This bag easily fits my X100, and can hold a few other small things (e.g., small notebook/sketchbook, phone, etc.),making it a wonderful travel bag.

Constructionwise, it's a Domke. Heavy duty canvas, slip resistant adjustable strap, very strong Velcro closure. Will surely outlast its owner!

Highly recommended for someone with similar gear and needs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 8:17 AM PDT

JJC LH-JX100 Silver Filter Lens Adapter & Hood For Fuji Finepix X100 X100s X100T Camera AS AR-X100
Offered by DigiKit
Price: $15.50
6 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy to spend more for the Fuji brand name!, July 16, 2012
I bought this for my new X100 camera, after having had sticker shock at the price of Fuji's own version of this. For 18% of the price of the Fuji, you get identical performance. And the color is an extremely close match. I can't think of any reason to by the Fuji instead of this. Don't even think about it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4