Profile for Quil > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Quil RSS Feed (Miami)

Shark Press and Refresh (GS500)
Shark Press and Refresh (GS500)
Offered by Gotta Buy Now
Price: $64.99
37 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Steamer!, September 29, 2012
I purchased the Shark GS500 originally from Walmart. It was more of an impulse buy, I loved the sleek design they had on display and the compactness of it. I owned a steamer before but it was one of those long clunky ones with the huge tubing that seemd to never move the way I wanted it, I pretty much hated it and never used it because of the lack of usability. So I grabbed the Shark GS500 off the shelf and threw it in my cart. When I got home, I excitedly threw the box away and started steaming, pretty much everything I could think of, curtains.. furniture.. dress shirts... but ironically I haven't really had to use it since. Curtains are still wrinkle free.. and it's also perfect for those sheer fabric shirts and blouses but I don't have many of those. I just don't need to steam as much I thought I did. If you have light weight fabrics, curtains, if you like the idea of steaming away bacteria from your fabric furniture, this is perfect for you. Great machine, I just don't need it.

TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner, Aloe Vera and Avocado, 25 Ounce
Offered by Innovative Inventory
Price: $9.00
24 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed, January 14, 2011
I was searching for a cleansing conditioner that detangled my hair, did not contain EDTA or parabens, did not contain silicone or proteins, contained cetyl alcohol, was animal cruelty free and was AFFORDABLE! Here it is. I don't need to look anywhere else. This is perfection!

It's a slightly thin consistency which is exactly what I wanted because I didn't want my conditioner to leave any residue behind and I felt that thicker conditioners did that. It has a fresh yet inviting scent, not overpowering yet just enough punch.

I had very dry hair before I stopped using sulfates, now I wash my hair with this and only this. I purchased a 1-L pump for it so it's easy to access in the shower. It's amazing and I love it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2012 1:28 PM PDT

Mederma� Cream with SPF 30, 1.76-Ounce Tubes
Mederma� Cream with SPF 30, 1.76-Ounce Tubes

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this product!, March 23, 2010
I was shocked by how low this product was ranked, untill I remembered why I buy it and what its actually marketed for.

Over a year and half ago I bought this product hoping I had found a moisturizer that was proven to reduce acne scars. It also helped that it had SPF.

I felt I hit the motherload and I was right!

Whenever my skin feels irritates, I put this on and its soothed right away!

When I need sunblock, these baby works! I can actually feel the difference between the sun hitting the parts of my body that arent covered with this stuff!

This helps reduce my acne scars and any discoloration!

The only thing I wish was that the onion wasn't so strong or I could put this closer around my eyes.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff and they better not ever dicontinue it!

PS.
Be careful with the expiration
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2011 11:09 AM PDT

The Complete Guide to Wills, Trusts, & Estates: What You Need to Know Explained Simply
by Margaret E. Pierce
Price: $20.14
29 used & new from $5.18

5.0 out of 5 stars You can start NOW!, January 4, 2010
It was a quick read! Do not let this sit on your bed side table... I know how it is, you'll get inspired, pick up a self-help book, and then fall asleep after the 2nd page, THAT IS NOT THIS BOOK!

Many people don't want to think about death, especially their own. Then to ask someone to not only think about death, but money as well... and the reception isn't so great.

Personally, I grew up with two different parents who had two different money perspectives. 1. Save, plan, only buy what you need

and...

2. You only live once, enjoy it, and If you're going to buy something, it has to be the BEST (usually the most expensive)

What I like about this book is that it was quite convincing, the author was able to place the idea of death and money in a good perspective (is that possible? I guess so). That dealing with your money after death was something not to be feared, but embraced. And it helped tune out parent #2... which I was trying to do for years....

What really convinced me was when she started talking about how parents dont normally discuss money in a good light, which makes for this irrational fear of money, my favorite part is when the author wrote:

"Try to recall the number of conversations you have had
with your parents, your children, or anyone else about how to
manage the necessary debt of owning a home and the unexpected
replacement of a car muffler or the expense of a school trip at the

end of the year"

I never had those conversations and it made me understand that when its time to talk to my children about money, I will try my best to keep them from having this irrational fear, and hopefully handle their estate better than how I started off.

After the author convinced me why estate planning was so important the actually learning was quite easy. She really makes it straight forward and as the cover says "explained simply". Her ability to make something so overwhelming so painless made it worth reading.

She includes in the Appendix, work sheets for each chapter that are very straight forward. I like how she brought up the many different professionals who will be involved in the process, and their value in making sure planning went smoothly. She also has a glossary that defines some legal terminology, which I had to look at sometimes. I can't imagine needing to go outisde this book to learn more on the subject.

I have to say I feel a peace of mind knowing that I'm ahead of the game. Quotes always say it best... "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail', and what is not failure but when you leave your family with the weight of your debts and problems?

(As a side note, the font was large which I prefer, and it makes for easy reading on the 'visually-challenged' ;) )

The Six Sigma Manual for Small and Medium Businesses: What You Need to Know Explained Simply
by Craig W. Baird
Price: $20.27
28 used & new from $7.03

5.0 out of 5 stars From some one who always dreamed of opening a business, January 4, 2010
I have always been interested in starting my own online clothing boutique. I always thought the expenses would be low, and that I would be able to maximize profit because I wouldn't have to worry about loss/stolen merchandise. One of my biggest worries though was interaction with the customers and customer satisfaction.

While to the uninformed 'Six Sigma' may sound like a fraternity, this process is used by many successful businesses (such as fortune 500 companies) that have been proven to work for the customers satisfaction! A friend of mine is Six Sigma (green belt certified) and they were intrigued that I was reading this book, they couldn't stop going on about how it increases efficiency, thus increasing profit. As a hopeful business owner that all sounds good to me!

I was surprised how easy the read was as I never enjoy reading things riddled with business jargon. Baird seems to understand that a great education book should be learn-able by anyone. I feel that this book is explained well enough that anyone who is interested in understanding not only what Six Sigma is about but how to implement it into their business practices. I will be referencing this book!

How to Create the Perfect Cut, Shape, Color, and Perm for Any Hair Type: Secrets and Techniques from a Master Hair Stylist
by Cosmo Easterly
Price: $18.71
57 used & new from $13.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Review from a nonprofessional, January 4, 2010
As someone who trims and colors her hair at home, I wanted something to actually teach me new tricks in perfecting my at `home salon'. The book was very informative for me, but I am not a professional. I would be intrigued to see what a professional thinks of the book. I have pretty much taught myself how to be my own stylist, alot of trial and error, I feel like this book is great for anyone interested in learning more about hair, or a professional who want to brush up on some tips and tricks!

The only thing that bothered me was that I wish they went more in depth with treating curl pattern `4' hair (I have `3') for I understand that people who have that type of curl pattern often struggle to find a great stylist, and it would be great to find people who are trying to teach others how to provide for that part of the hair market. The truth is hardly any 'all around' books do so, so it's not a flaw... it just doesn't make it the exception.

One of the things I noticed was the detail and concentration on the permanent wave. Cosmo seems to really know their stuff in that department! I also highly enjoyed the quizzes! They were actually fun, is that possible? It made the reading interactive and reinforced what I learned. The author seems to really try to get you to tap into your creativity. All in all a good informative read.

The Amber Spyglass: His Dark Materials
The Amber Spyglass: His Dark Materials
by Philip Pullman
Price: $7.19
382 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Saddistic, July 6, 2009
How can you (Pullman) make me fall in love with these wonderful children, just to have them pulled apart. To create a love so beautiful and then make it go hungry is just cruel!

PS. I love this series