Profile for kne > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kne RSS Feed

Joy of Kosher: Fast, Fresh Family Recipes
Joy of Kosher: Fast, Fresh Family Recipes
by Jamie Geller
Price: $22.26
74 used & new from $11.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, practical kosher cookbook, February 11, 2014
These recipes feel like cooking from scratch but as advertised, are non-fussy recipes designed to "get you out of the kitchen" which is a goal I can get behind. It felt great to prepare an entire Shabbos (two multi-course meals prepared in advance) from this book and feel like each recipe took about five minutes of hands-on prep, and then I could move on. Most of the food actually tasted pretty good, too.

Another thing I liked about this cookbook was that each recipe had a "Dress it up/dress it down" option and most had suggestions to "make it a meal." Surprisingly, this feature ended up being a major selling point for me. It was actually nice to be able to choose between fancier and simpler versions of each recipe (I usually went with the simpler versions, which were still pretty good). It was also nice to have the guesswork taken out of menu planning; although I sometimes see it as a creative challenge, more often I get tired of trying to think of which side dishes to pair with which main dishes and Jamie's ideas for rounding out meals were nicely simple and doable.