Profile for MamaBear > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 62

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MamaBear RSS Feed (Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Forgotten Girl
The Forgotten Girl
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird book, July 19, 2014
This is a really weird book. It kept my attention but it didn't always seem believable. There are lots of grammatical errors, which always bugs me. Once the author used the wrong name for a character. I don't know how the editor didn't catch that. I finished the book, but based on this, I won't read anything else by Sorenesen.

Skip-Bo
Skip-Bo

3.0 out of 5 stars fun game, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Skip-Bo (App)
I like this game and play it a lot. I'd like to give more than 3 stars, but the game is a little sluggish sometimes. It froze on me and I had to delete I t and download it again. I don't like the cartoon avitars. That may not not be a big deal for most people.

4Pics 1Word- What's the Word Init
4Pics 1Word- What's the Word Init

5.0 out of 5 stars why 5 stars?, September 8, 2013
I suspect most people who gave 5 stars did it for the same reason I did. They give you 200 coins if you give the game 5 stars. In an honest review I would give it 2. Most games like this charge 100 coins to remove all unused letters. This one removes only half for 100 coins. Also most games like this give 2 a letters if a appears in the word 2 times. This one gives you only one a even if it appears 3 or 4 times. I have played other 4 pic games that are better.

I just thought you may want to hear the truth about all the 5 star reviews before you download.

Magic Jigsaw Puzzle 3
Magic Jigsaw Puzzle 3

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Magic Jigsaw Puzzle 3 (App)
I have several Magic Puzzle apps and love them. As soon as I opened this one I felt like it must have been created by different programmers because the graphic quality is so poor. However, that is only the first of several problems. There is no way to separate pieces so you can start with only the edges. To make it worse, all the pieces are lumped together so there is no way to spread pieces out and see them. The most annoying problem is that the pieces do not lock together when you connect them. You cannot move pieces together and it is extremely difficult to know if they are in the right place. All in all, this is a terrible app and I will delete it as soon as I post this review. The app was only 99 cents, but based on quality, it is way over priced. Take my advice and stay away from this one. If you buy it, you will regret it. I sure do.

Pic IQ Quiz: Reveal the Pic
Pic IQ Quiz: Reveal the Pic

3.0 out of 5 stars ok game, August 26, 2013
This review is from: Pic IQ Quiz: Reveal the Pic (App)
This game is easy enough for kids I think. I did have one picture that had me stumped. Most should find it relaxing.

Photo Puzzle - 4 Pics 1 Word
Photo Puzzle - 4 Pics 1 Word

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, August 12, 2013
This review is from: Photo Puzzle - 4 Pics 1 Word (App)
This game is fine. It's really easy for the most part. There are some tricky ones but I have been able to solve with one or two pics. That is the challenge I have given myself, using only one picture and the letters provided.

Inverse Universe - Room Escape
Inverse Universe - Room Escape

1.0 out of 5 stars glad it was free, July 27, 2013
I got this game when it was the FAOTD and am really glad I didn't pay for it. There is way too much back and forth. You have to perform an action on one side of the mirror and then go to the other side to do anything else and then you have to go to the other side to do another action. There isn't enough information to know what to do at any one time.I felt like I was just wandering around wasting time.

Barefoot Season (Blackberry Island Book 1)
Barefoot Season (Blackberry Island Book 1)
Price: $7.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, July 27, 2013
I actually bought this book by accident but kept it and read it in one day. It was simply written but hard to put down. Michelle and Carly are both interesting, complex, and well developed characters. Michelle's struggle with PTSD is touching and believable. The relationship between the two is more the focus of the story than the romance that either of the women develop in the story although they both find romance. I think most people who enjoy a good story will enjoy the book.

Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House
Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House

1.0 out of 5 stars Buggy, July 27, 2013
I have Virtual Families on my PC and it works fine. When I saw this for the Kindle Fire I got it because it looks like it has so many more options. Almost as soon as I adopted my first little person the shower clogged. I tried everything I could to get it fixed. i couldn't find anything to use to get it fixed. I finally bought a maid because it was the only thing I could think of that would get it fixed since there were no other workers available. Nothing would work. No matter what I try to do my first person and the man she married still could not fix it. Finally I bought a speed up of time. Three years later game time the maid has disappeared. The house which was supposed to always be clean after buying the maid was filthy with dirt and scattered wrappers. The maid has disappeared and the shower is still clogged. I try moving my people and all they do is go back to the shower to try to fix it. I spend real money to buy the upgrades and none of them work. This is frustrating. If anyone knows how to fix the problem I'd like to hear about it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2013 5:10 AM PDT

Unolingo: Crosswords Without Clues
Unolingo: Crosswords Without Clues
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK so far, July 16, 2013
This app is tho old Codewords paper game from Dell as one of the other reviewers mentioned. I never cared for that type of puzzle when I used to buy those books all the time but decided to give it a try since it would be easier to change letters I learner were wrong after playing a while.

I like the option to audit my letters to see if I am on the right track. With the paper and pencil version there is no way to do that without seeing answers I didn't want to see, so I think that feature will add enjoyment to the game for me.

I've played only 2 puzzles so far and may update my review later but want to share something with all those players that don't like posting to facebook. I'm using a Kindle Fire. If you are using a KF you can click on the list Icon. When the settings menu opens it has an option to turn off facebook. I hope that helps.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7