Profile for JK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JK RSS Feed (Cincinnati, OH USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Price: $6.49
124 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars This is definitaly THE "SUITE" LIFE!, July 30, 2006
INTRO

I'm a 15-year-old boy, and I have to tell you that a lot of Disney shows aren't as good as they used to be. I loved LIZZIE MCGUIRE and EVEN STEVENS. My number one fav was THE JERSEY! Now, the only 2 shows I can stand on Disney are THAT'S SO RAVEN and THE SUITE LIFE OF ZACK AND CODY.

The only reason I actually watched this show was because I was obsessed with the film BIG DADDY (1999) starring Adam Sandler. And if you didn't know, young Julian (the boy Sandler adopts) is played by the Sprouse twins (Zack and Cody). Anyway, my younger brother was watching THE SUITE LIFE, and I saw the credits say "Dylan Sprouse - Cole Sprouse". So I decided to check it out.

REVIEW

I am ADDICTED now! The show is so funny and original it's impossible to not like it! You may have noticed that most Disney shows are extremely similar. In both LIZZIE MCGUIRE and THATS SO RAVEN, the main character has an annoying brother, and two friends (one boy and one girl). THE SUITE LIFE OF ZACK AND CODY isn't like that. Most of the situations on the show are original and funny.

One of my favorite characters is London Tipton, the obvious spoof on Paris Hilton. London's father owns the Tipton hotel chain, and London isn't very bright, and is spoiled rotten! I think they captured Paris pretty well!

THE DVD

Ok, now about the DVD. This is the only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5. These episodes are great, but there are other ones that I wish I had on DVD! I was however excited to see the "never before seen episode" on the DVD. However, DO NOT BUY THE DVD FOR THAT. Because in August, this episode will be aired on Disney. Just get your TiVo's ready instead of buying the DVD!

OVERALL

THE SUITE LIFE is an origial show on DISNEY CHANNEL, and does not disappoint. Even though the episode selection could be better, the show is still full of laughs and excitement! Enjoy these episodes, and if you decide not to buy, don't forget to watch THE SUITE LIFE OF ZACK AND CODY on Disney Channel at 6;30 (5:30 central)!

Thanks for reading my review!

-J.k.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2009 11:22 PM PDT

Pokémon 2.B.A. Master
Pokémon 2.B.A. Master
Price: $8.79
72 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars FLOOD of MEMORIES!!, March 21, 2006
This review is from: Pokémon 2.B.A. Master (Audio CD)
Sadly, I'm 15 years old. And I'm not going to lie -- I'm not into Pokemon anymore. But when I was bored and found this CD, I put it in, and I had a ton of memories from as a kid. This CD is great. It's clean, fun, and actually not too bad! Perfect for kids who love Pokemon. I know because it was perfect for me -- I have the whole thing memorized!!!

The Emancipation of Mimi
The Emancipation of Mimi
256 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!!, March 18, 2006
Two years ago at this time, Mariah Carey was a joke. Sure, she was huge in the 90's, but then... she was nothing. Mariah Carey has made a huge comeback with her new CD "Emancipation of Mimi".

Featuring the extremely popular hit's "It's Like That", and "We Belong Together" (which everyone was humming during the summer), this CD is awesome! Of course, there are some songs better than others. Some songs, I have to admit, are kind of boring ("Joy Ride"), but most of them are great ballads and feature MC's awesome voice ("We Belong Together, "Mine Again"), and some are just plain fun ("One and Only (f/Twista)", "Get Your Number (f/Nelly"), and finally, one very inspirtation track ("Fly Like A Bird").

Overall, this album is great, and probably the #1 Album of the Year. Thank God Mariah Carey is back!

Apple iPod 4 GB mini M9800LL/A (Silver)  (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Apple iPod 4 GB mini M9800LL/A (Silver) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
5 used & new from $31.94

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love My iPod mini! But it is right for YOU?, July 11, 2005
There are several mp3 players on the market right now for different people. Before I bought my iPod mini, I had a Rio Cali mp3 Player. I liked it, but very quickily I ran out of space. I downloaded about one song every other day, and after awhile, there was no space left!

For me, it was obvious that a larger mp3 player size was needed. I needed lots of space to store all of my CD's and old mp3 files.

Just to clear things up, one megabyte is about one minute. My old Cali had (i think) 126 megabytes. You can get the iPod mini in either 4 gigabytes (which is 4000 megabytes) or 6 gigabytes (which is 6000 megabytes).

So really the question is: What will you be doing with your mp3 player? Check out the chart below.

YOU SHOULD BUY AN IPOD MINI IF:

- You want to have a good amount of space to store songs.

- You want to have a very flashy mp3 player.

- You love to listen to music.

- You are willing to pay a somewhat large amount of money.

- You have around 10-20 CD's you want to change to mp3 files.

YOU SHOULD LOOK AT OTHER MP3 PLAYERS (such as the Rio Cali) IF:

- You want a good mp3 player that holds songs, but will not have too much unused space.

- You don't want to spend too much on an mp3 player.

- You will only download a song or two every two weeks.

- You have a few CD's you want to have on one mp3 player

YOU SHOULD BUY AN IPOD (regular iPod) IF:

- You are a HUGE hardcore listener of music.

- You are willing to pay around $300 on an mp3 player.

- You will download one or two songs a day.

- You have tons and tons of CD's that you want to have on one mp3 player.

The bottom line is that I love my iPod mini - it's perfect for me. But the question is, what mp3 Player is good for you?

The Sims 2 [DVD-ROM]
The Sims 2 [DVD-ROM]
Offered by ebuys01
Price: $24.95
66 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Game!, June 24, 2005
This review is from: The Sims 2 [DVD-ROM] (DVD-ROM)
I have always loved the Sims games in the past. I own many Sims games, including The Sims: Deluxe Edition, The Sims: Superstar, The Sims: Hot Date, and The Urbz: Sims In the City (For Nintendo DS), and I loved all of those games!

But when Sims 2 came out, I got somewhat nervous. If you look at the screenshots above, Sims 2 looks like a very complicated game. I was worried that it would be TOO complicated. I had also read some reviews about how building a house is very hard and confusing. But when I decided to buy the game, everything was proven wrong. I loved the full new 3D graphics, and building a house was not hard at all. Grant it, I must say that it took an hour or two to get used to the new location of all of the building buttons, but I had no other problems after that!

I love The Sims 2. It is by far the most played game on my computer! There are tons of new features. I'm not going to go on and on about the new features, since they are most likely listed in the "Editor Review" above. But some notable features that I enjoy are...

-----------------------------------------------------------

- The aging process...your Sims will not stay as a child, or an adult forever. After a certain amount of days, your Sim will grow into either a toddler, a child, a teenager, an adult, or an elder. And yes, sadly, your Sims die. But that is not the end!

- The family tree...after playing for awhile, you may find yourself with two elders, and one young adult. "Now what?" you will say to yourself. Never fear! You can now move your younger Sim out of the house when it is time for him to leave. That young adult can now start his life away from home. He will even take his traits with him, so when he has children, you will see some of grandma and grandpa in him!

- Creating your sim...you have so many options when creating your Sim, almost too many! You will be able to customize any part of body on your sim: the eyes, nose, eyebrows, makeup, bathing suit, fitness...everything!

- Aspiration Points...your sim now knows what they want, and these things they want are in the Aspiration button on the bottom of your screen. If they get what they want, you will receive "Aspiration Points". If the sim has many Aspiration points, he/she's aspiration bar will turn white, and he/she will be very happy! Plus, you can now "buy" special things (not available in buy mode) with your aspiration points.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now I'm sorry if I went on too long (which I think I did) about the new features. To tell you the truth, just go out and buy the game! You will not be disappointed. But I must warn you that the Sims 2 is a very powerful game. BE 100% SURE THAT SIMS 2 WILL WORK ON YOUR PC. We just got a new Dell PC this February, and the game did not work on the old one, which is only about 3-years old. You will be very angry if you find out that the game doesn't run on your system. Plus, many stores will not take the game back for a refund if it has been open. To check the system requirements, go to [...] and search for "System Requirements".

Good luck, and happy Sims 2 playing!

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 - PC
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 - PC
Offered by BR Bargains Software & DVD Store
Price: $7.75
72 used & new from $2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great New 'Tycoon' Game, February 15, 2005
When I first saw this game at the store, I was dying to buy it! I saved up all my allowance, and after a few weeks, I went to the store, and picked it up.

When I brought it home, I popped it into the computer, the Auto-Play began, I went to install the game, and...the game didn't work because our computer didn't meet the System Requirements. Actually, the computer we had did meet the System Requirements, but us having Windows ME caused it not to work. We tried taking it back to the store, but they wouldn't allow us to return in. The only thing we could do is to exchange it for a new copy.

Well, after a few months, we ordered a brand new Dell computer. I was finally able to play my Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 game.

The game was lots of fun! The new graphics are awesome, and the CoasterCam is so cool! The CoasterCam allows you to watch the view of the people on the Roller coaster's as they ride them.

Everything is great about RollerCoaster Tycoon 3! There are a few minor flaws, but the new features surpass the bad things!

If I wouldn't have had so much trouble getting this game to work, I would have definitaly given this game 5 Stars.

If you are interested in buying this game, MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS. You can find them on the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Website.

The Grudge
The Grudge
DVD ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar
Price: $5.16
702 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars The Grudge: A Confusing, Scary, Weird Movie, February 15, 2005
This review is from: The Grudge (DVD)
The Grudge was a very confusing movie! I had to watch the DVD twice to understand the main concept!

PROS

- A Very Scary movie

- Very Excellent Graphic Effects

- A Great Performance by Sarah Michelle Gellar

- A great remake

CONS

- The scary parts of the movie are not very original

- The movie can be very confusing at times

- Some of the images in the movie are a little too disturbing for my taste

BOTTOM LINE

- "The Grudge" was a good movie, but it wasn't flawless

BUY THIS?

- I recommend that you rent this movie first.

Thank you for reading this review! I hope I helped out!

Nickelodeon Toon Twister 3-D
Nickelodeon Toon Twister 3-D
Offered by Bargain Buyers Software
Price: $18.95
19 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun for the creative mind!, January 22, 2005
I really love this game! We've had it for almost a year, and I still have tons of fun making my own movies!

I recommend 100% that you buy this game if you have a microphone. If you don't, please buy with caution. There are so really original lines for each character, but finding lines to fit your storyline can be tough.

Anyway, I have a microphone, and I have tons of fun with my Nickelodeon Toon Twister 3-4 game!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea: But There Are Better Options, December 4, 2004
The VideoNOW Color Personal Player is a great idea, but there are better choices on Portable TV Show watching.

You can get the GameBoy Advance SP, and watch what are called "GameBoy Advance Videos" which include many Nickelodeon shows and Cartoon Network shows. Plus, the GameBoy Advance SP is a lot more portable then the VideoNOW Player.

Also, the GBA SP has a backlight, which makes watching in the dark a cinch! Another great thing about the GameBoy Advance SP is there are tons and tons of gmaes available for it, and it only costs approximately $80, and the VideoNOW normally costs $80, unless there is a sale.

Another good thing about the GBA SP is how you can recharge the batteries. No more spending tons of many on those stupid AA Batteries! With the GBA SP, you receive a charger, which plugs into the wall.

One last plus about the GBA SP is the price of its "Videos". The GameBoy Advance Videos cost only $20, and can store 45 minutes of content (the creators are working on making it bigger content). For example, on a SpongeBob GBA Video, there are 4 episodes (each SpongeBob episode is approx. 9 minutes).

BOTTOM LINE: If you already have a GameBoy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, or a Nintendo DS, do NOT get the VideoNOW.

If you DONT have GameBoy Advance SP, GameBoy Advance, or Nintendo DS, you have to think about what you would use each item for (VideoNOW v.s. GBA SP) and which one is right for YOU.

Spy Kids 3-D Game Over (Two-Disc Collector's Series)
Spy Kids 3-D Game Over (Two-Disc Collector's Series)
DVD ~ Daryl Sabara
Offered by Advantis Supplies
Price: $6.99
421 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Spy Kids have gone a bit too far...but still a decent show!, April 12, 2004
In my opinion, I think that the creators of Spy Kids were worried that this movie would do poorly, so they added the new feature: 3D.
It gets fairly annoying watching TV with those 3D glasses on. Grant it, the 3D is pretty cool, but the colors aren't even right: There are only two.
I think they would've been better off if they let the 3D stuff alone.
-----
Okay, now getting onto the actual movie.
STORYLINE (4.5 / 5):
Interesting, definitaly for children from ages 9-13.
VALUE: (4 / 5):
DEFINITALY get the DVD version: It has so much more stuff. For one, the Bonus Features are great, and there are no 3D Glasses with the VHS version.
GRAPHICS (4.5 / 5):
Everything was awesome, except for the fact that the colors weren't right.
REPLAY VALUE (3.5 / 5):
This is one flaw of the Spy Kids movie: you usually only watch them once.
OVERALL: (4 / 5):
A good movie, but you may want to rent it first. I find it hard to watch this movie again and again, and if you rent it, that's all you'll need. (BE SURE TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ASK IF IT COMES WITH THE 3D GLASSES WHEN YOU RENT IT)
MORE INFO YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW:
*The DVD comes with 4 3D Glasses
*If you get the DVD version, you CAN watch it normally, without the 3D glasses. It will appear normal to you, unlike if you are watching the 3D version without the glasses
*When watching with the 3D glasses, my eyes began to be stressed. Now, nobody else watching had this problem, just an FYI.
-----
Happy shopping, and thanks for reading my review!
Jonathan