Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Stick Man > Reviews

Browse

Stick Man's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stick Man RSS Feed (Woodland, CA United States)

Ripe: A Fresh, Colorful Approach to Fruits and Vegetables
Ripe: A Fresh, Colorful Approach to Fruits and Vegetables
by Cheryl Sternman Rule
Price: $20.49
105 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a cookbook..., April 6, 2012
First of all, full disclosure, I know the author. We were one time neighbors many years ago and met over snacks of Cheerios and raisins at the local play group when our children were toddlers.

'Ripe' is more than merely a cookbook. The evocative language that the author uses when discussing vegetables is the sort of luscious glowing euphoria usually reserved for fine wines and chocolate. You will find yourself longing to pick up a pomegranite or a bulb of fennel after reading her descriptions. I have never been fond of Brussel Sprouts, but the recipe for Fried Sage and Chestnut Brussels Sprouts may make me change my mind.

The way the book is organized by color is nothing short of brilliant. The book is simply beautiful to look at, read and peruse. The photography and lay out of the book makes it worthy of any coffee table.

But really, what 'Ripe' is, is a book of inspirations. As a busy working mother of two teenagers I don't have time for high-falutin, time consuming recipes with recherché ingredients. This book offers ideas and suggestions on how to use vegetables in new and exciting ways that are tempting and easily achievable by the most basic of cooks. I got it a few weeks ago and it has lived in my kitchen ever since. I am constantly opening it to get an idea or suggestion on how to jazz up our evening meal.

Oh...and the Smoky Pistachio Dust ? In the recipe for the green beans ? Worth the price of the book.