Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for  Jeri Zerr  > Reviews

Browse

Jeri Zerr ...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 1823
Top Reviewer Ranking: 218

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeri Zerr  "formerly a Road Warrior of the Nth Degree" RSS Feed (St. Louis, MO)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
niceeshop(TM) Black Car GPS Bracket Holder Mount for Garmin Nuvi 1400 1410 T 1450LM 1450LMT 1460 1490T 1490LMT GPS
Offered by CZ-Sky
Price: $1.79
4 used & new from $1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Repaired my Nuvi making it safe to use in my truck again!, September 2, 2015
Something happened to my factory Nuvi mount so it was no longer usable. I went to a different mount and lost this bracket, but that mount became dangerous to use. I ended up buying this to use with a bean bag mount and a sticky pad on my dash - PERFECT combination! HIGHLY RECOMMEND ! It took about a month to arrive, so expect a possible delay in shipment.

Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper, 48 Double Rolls
Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper, 48 Double Rolls
Price: $27.40
3 used & new from $27.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultra soft - ultra dust and lint. I prefer the Ultra Strong which is mostly lint free., September 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In recent years we were using Scott Naturals then Sam's toilet papers. As a female I've grown especially frustrated with them so I recently put my foot down and said "We're going back to Charmin!" I LOVE the Charmin Ultra-Strong Mega Rolls over this Charmin Ultra Soft Double Rolls ONLY because it seems this Ultra Soft has much more lint from the roll cutting process. Trust me, this lint is rather substantial and seems to add up. For whatever reason the Ultra Strong rolls seem to be free of this concern. Otherwise, I love both toilet papers equally and highly recommend!

NOTE: Use these Charmin Ultra toilet papers with caution with "temperamental" toilets, these thicker papers are more likely to clog the toilet so have the plunger ready. After one too many past experiences with our Temperamental Toilet, I put my foot down and brought home the Champion 4 toilets for each of our bathrooms. We've NEVER had one of these new toilets overflow, they sit up higher / are ADA compliant and are a pleasure to use without fear of vomiting all over the floor. This is one example of the upgraded toilet - American Standard 2002.014.020 Champion-4 Right Height Elongated Two-Piece Toilet, White (seat not included)

So... if you experience issues with Charmin, don't give up the squeezably soft paper, just upgrade your toilet to handle this paper. Trust me, it's the best option !

iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot For Pets and Allergies
iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot For Pets and Allergies
Price: $509.99
22 used & new from $505.00

5.0 out of 5 stars With three BIG FURRY German Shepherd Dogs, which Roomba?? Between the 770 vs 870 the 870 is the CLEAR winner !!, September 2, 2015
First - if you have pets, a Roomba is a MUST.
Second - if you enjoy clean floors, a Roomba is a MUST.

But which one?

The 870 is the third Roomba we've owned since I first bought the original red Roomba in 2007 so we have a bit of Roomba experience. I'm very impressed - they've come such a long way !! Our original Roomba (the infamous red Roomba) died long ago, far more than a simple battery issue. Earlier this year we decided with our physical issues that it was best to invest in another Roomba so we chose the Roomba 770. Overall we've been very pleased. However... We have a tri-level home and our poor Roomba 770 was running daily on BOTH levels, plus occasionally on the 3rd level, requiring at least one ride up and down the stairs, daily. And cleaning hair from the brush roller coils was getting OLD with THIS much usage. We decided it was time to bite the bullet and get a second Roomba. After careful consideration, we selected the Roomba 870 for our 3rd Roomba. Now with experience with both the 700 Series and the 800 Series Roomba I'm ready to share our experiences.

Overall I recommend the 800 series Roomba, they are only a few dollars more and the features far outweigh the few extra dollars. I recommend the 880 Roomba in particular ONLY if you have a LARGE floor plan (such as a LARGE ranch style home) where room to room navigation using the light houses is a requirement. Otherwise save yourself nearly $100 and go with the less expensive but very capable 870.

The big reason to upgrade to the 800 Series Roomba:
+++++ Updated rollers with MUCH less maintenance required - vital especially with LONG hair or SHEDDING dogs.
+ 5x stronger airflow for cleaning
+ MUCH quieter operation than the 700 Series
+ Battery is designed to be recharged twice as many times before replacing (NOTE you can BUY the xtra life battery for the 700, too)
+ Improved HEPA filter design
+ trash bin is nearly twice as large
+ Updated docking station - now the AC Adapter is built inside the dock, not a separate power box mid-cord
+ or - depending on the circumstance - the power cord on the new 800 series dock is slightly shorter. (Both our Roombas can dock and charge on the docks interchangeably! )

Both the 700 and 800 Series are:
+ Able to be scheduled up to once per day for 7 automatic clean cycles per week
+ Generally cord friendly - we've yet to have a Roomba get entangled in cords. We did "Roomba Proof" our home over time for improved navigation and cleaning
+ detects stairs - we've never had a Roomba take a tumble, not ever.
+ great at getting under and behind the furniture we usually don't move to vacuum

We have all wood laminate floors throughout our home. Besides the Roomba, I'm experienced with the Hoover Platinum series, Miele, Dyson, Shark and Eureka. In fact I currently have one of the more current vacuums from each of these lines (I prefer CLEAN floors!), my favorite combination is to let the Roomba run daily and use the Hoover Platinum Canister for the stairs and hard to reach areas.

During the first week, plan to be around to empty the trash bin several times each cleaning cycle. I don't care HOW well you've previously vacuumed, the Roomba WILL find stray hairs, grit, dander, dust bunnies, and anything else small enough to be sucked up into the dust bin. It's AMAZING how much the Roomba will find that first week, no matter how clean the floors appear to be ! Afterwards, depending on the number of pets and people contributing to the floor situation, expect to tap / dump the trash bin daily for best operation.

In our household we value clean floors we so bought a spare roller set and a pack of replacement filters so we are always ready to replace these consumables. Plan this in your budget within the first month or two of operation so it's on hand. They state to NEVER wash the HEPA filters but we have been known to rinse and let them air dry a few days before putting back in the "filter rotation". This is another reason it's vital to have a few extra filters available to use in the rotation so the Roomba isn't waiting for a clean filter.

BE FOREWARNED - if you have a pet that is incontinent or a human who makes wet messes, do NOT use the auto scheduler. There have been more than a few reports of people coming home to pet feces smeared around by their Roombas. With this in mind we schedule our Roomba to run 30 minutes before we stir for the day. If one of our dogs would happen to deposits a landmine the smell will have long alerted is in time to rescue the Roomba from the situation. Same goes for a wet mess, too. Plus it's BEFORE we get our morning showers so the bathroom floor is safe for Roomba.

Overall, if you value clean floors and you seem to constantly need to vacuum then treat yourself to this splurge. Get a Roomba 800 series, you'll be glad you did !!

Avery White Round Candy Labels, 3/4 Inch Diameter, Pack of 120 Labels (41568)
Avery White Round Candy Labels, 3/4 Inch Diameter, Pack of 120 Labels (41568)
Price: $13.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Many uses - I use these for the lids of my herb and spice canning jars which are stored in a cabinet drawer., August 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These labels are PERFECT for applying to the tops of canning jars !! At about 10 cents per label as currently priced, they are a good value. I printed off a sheet to use for my canned goods, another sheet I used to label the lids of my spices and herbs collection which is stored in canning jars. I've been moving my jars onto a Rev A Shelf cabinet storage drawer ( Rev-A-Shelf - 5WB2-1522-CR - 15" Two-Tier Wire Baskets ) to free up space in my cabinets where they have previously been stored. These labels make it EASY to find my Herbs de Provence from the Chinese 5 spice among the sea of white plastic lids - Ball Regular Mouth Jar Storage Caps Set of 8. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Vitamin World Triple Omega 3-6-9 Supplement, 120 Count
Vitamin World Triple Omega 3-6-9 Supplement, 120 Count
Price: $15.86

4.0 out of 5 stars great when recovering from a chronic illness where digestive comfort is a must., August 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Omega 3 fish oils are so cardio protective that once we shared this with our cardiologist and he did further investigating, he called back to instruct us to take THREE "fish pills" daily instead of the ONE "fish pill" daily he presumed we were taking. Vitamin World's Triple Omega is a good source of fish oil ( Omega 3 essential oil.)

Omega 6 oils are found in more traditional sources of oils such as canola oil (aka rapeseed oil ) Usually these oils are adequate in the standard American Diet but my husband recently experienced a seasonal long illness that turned out to be a ginormous kidney stone. In a case such as his situation where he's avoided most sources of foods in recent months his LDL and HDL cholesterol are both so low we need to supplement Omega 6 as well.

Omega 9 oils are generally manufactured in the human body so are not considered essential fatty acids.

In my husband's case of not eating enough for a longer duration, he's needing to supplement with the whole array to ensure he's receiving enough of each nutrient, particularly essential fatty acids.

Purina Beyond Natural Dry Cat Food, Grain Free, White Meat Chicken & Egg Recipe, 5-Pound Bag, Pack of 1
Price: $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars a tremendous improvement over Purina Cat Chow., August 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So far, so good. I'm genuinely impressed. Purina is starting to listen to everyone voting with their hard earned cash for Grain Free pet foods I've been extremely frustrated with Purina for selling junk commercial foods but Purina Beyond seems to be a bit better. My only concern is the "chicken meal". Purina is based out of St. Louis, the same as Monsanto. Monsanto has a division called Novus International which has spent nearly 2 decades researching enzymes to add to chicken beaks, feet, feathers, etc to make it more "digestible". I have to wonder, is that part of the "chicken meal" listed as the second ingredient? Is it rather odd that Chicken Meal is listed since Chicken is the first ingredient? What are the "requirements" for listing an ingredient as "meal" ? Another concern - folic acid is synthetic, I wish they used real folate instead. Overall this food is OK, it would be better if Purina completely moved to wholesome products, such as Wellness uses.

INGREDIENTS: Chicken, chicken meal, pea protein, pea starch, cassava root flour, dried egg product, beef fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols, dried yeast, canola meal, pea fiber, natural flavor, dried carrots, phosphoric acid, potassium chloride, sodium bisulfate, salt, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, taurine, calcium carbonate, choline chloride, Vitamin E supplement, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, Vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite.

Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Protein Bars Dog Treats Made in USA Only, Chicken & Turkey with Sweet Potato, 5.5-Ounce
Price: $6.81
13 used & new from $6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars MADE IN USA with Wholesome Ingredients - GRAIN FREE!!, August 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use different types of treats for different activities. If I'm actively training where I need Aiko to down his treat and continue without skipping a beat there's no beating Science Diet Training Treats. These Wellness Bars are GREAT for training longer commands, such as the down stay and the sit stay. I give the command, praise Aiko verbally for following my directions then reward him with the Wellness Core Protein Bar (Grain Free) after he's been released. We're now at several minutes so he's definitely improving! These bars take a few bites to chew through so they are not for active training such as to reward while healing (for example).

I LOVE the list of WHOLESOME ingredients !!
Chicken, Turkey, Peas, Gelatin, Vegetable Glycerin, Flaxseed, Broccoli, Carrots, Dried Cultured Skim Milk, Natural Flavor, Cane Molasses (a source of vital minerals), Salt (wish they used sea salt for the added minerals..), sweet potatoes, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Rosemary extract. That's it, easy to produce ingredients that our grandparents would have recognized.

All in all these treats are GREAT to keep in the cookie jar; Aiko enjoys these as his treat for doing his business outside!

6 Watt Dimmable B35 LOHAS® E12 LED Chandelier Light Bulbs--60W Incandescent Replacement--Soft White 3200K,360° Omni-direction Candelabra 550 Lumens,2 Layers Torpedo Shape,Blunt Tip Glass Cover,Silver Alumium lamp body
Offered by LOHAS-LED
Price: $19.98
3 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works GREAT in a Himalayan salt lamp !!, August 29, 2015
We have a Himalayan salt that was eating the standard incandescent light bulbs - just moving the lamp for dusting seemed to destroy the filament. On a whim I tried one of these chandelier bulbs, not only did it fit great, now our salt lamp is MUCH brighter - when my husband walked in the room he was stunned at the change in the lamp! If's he's pleased, I'm pleased! This bulb was provided free of charge for reviewing purposes. I genuinely love the bulb, it's bright, it's dimmable (we don't use a dimmer on the lamp but it's a nice feature to consider), and I HIGHLY recommend these bulbs to use in the Himalayan salt lamp - so much so that I'm updating my review on our salt lamp to recommend these LED bulbs! These bulbs would also work great in fixtures that use this style of base. In fact, we've considered getting another salt lamp, it's certain now, BECAUSE of this bulb! It's been working perfectly for several weeks already, I'll update this review if anything changes.

Natures Bounty Optimal Solutions Cranberry with Hibiscus, 60 Count
Natures Bounty Optimal Solutions Cranberry with Hibiscus, 60 Count
Offered by G6Emporium
Price: $7.99
8 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a source of cranberry for bladder health such as UTI's, but real cranberry juice is better, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As I've grown more and more experienced using food to help assist with health concerns, I've come to realize that real food sources are far superior to over-processed products. In this case, what the the source of the soy based ingredients? WHY soy based ingredients? I used this cranberry as a UTI was coming on, it seemed to help halt the UTI in it's tracks. However I have also learned to stretch my low back can ALSO help to stem a UTI from forming. This Cranberry seems to be OK to use if nothing else is available. however I've found that making a pot of hot water then soaking either the seeds from a pomegranate or a handful of cranberries (I keep a bag of fresh cranberries available in our freezer for this purpose) works just as good or better for long-term kidney health.

Purina Beyond Natural Dry Dog Food, Grain Free, White Meat Chicken & Egg Recipe, 3-Pound Bag, Pack of 1
Price: $27.99
2 used & new from $27.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Purina is finally trying to win back lost customers??, August 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It appears to me that Purina is finally trying to win back lost customers, perhaps this effort is at least a decade too late, though? First, folic acid is synthetic, if it isn't real folate from say spinach, it doesn't belong in my food or my dog's food. Second - the second ingredient is chicken meal. I have to wonder how much of that chicken meal is a chemicalized digestive enzyme designed to make chicken feathers, beaks and feet more digestible for other creatures? I'm aware that a division of Monsanto known as Novus International was working on this enzyme ingredient nearly 2 decades ago to make these by-products, now labeled as "meal" with the enzymes, more digestible.

Purina, please go back to the drawing board and learn to use REAL ingredients in food for our pets...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20