Profile for Jeri > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 205

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeri "formerly a Road Warrior of the Nth Degree" RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pyrantel 50mg 16oz
Pyrantel 50mg 16oz
Offered by VetInternetCo
Price: $21.95
8 used & new from $15.37

5.0 out of 5 stars For dogs, cats and humans, October 5, 2014
This review is from: Pyrantel 50mg 16oz (Misc.)
Worms are far more common than most people realize, I recently read an article citing 1/3 of American school children have pinworms. Who knew? Pyrantel pamoate treats roundworms and hookworms in both dogs and cats as well as pinworms in humans. It's also known for treating nematodes. This bottle is large enough to treat a family of humans and furballs inexpensively for several years. If you're nearing expiration check with your locsl shelters, they're frequently worming all the new shelter animals every 2 weeks - including 4 week old youngsters and nursing moms (yeah it's that safe.)

Dosing instructions for humans is on the label, you'll need to google dosing instructions for dogs and cats. Large dogs only require 1 teaspoon (2 for resistant worms), most humans from 2 to 4 teaspoons so this bottle will definitely last awhile. Pyrantel is not readily absorbed into the system so is relatively safe (hence no prescription is required). Pyrantel paralyzes the worms so they are expelled during normal eliminiation without dieing off (which can produce lots of toxins in a heavy infestation.) In a very heavy infestation of a tiny or sickly animal seek veterinary guidance since the worms could cause a bowel obstruction during evacuation. The worms will remain alive once eliminated so it's important to keep fecal matter cleaned up and litter boxes changed to avoid reinfestation.

Shake very well. Store in a cool dark place but do NOT refrigerate.

Zucchini Pasta Maker Hulk - Best Selling Vegetable Spiralizer - Perfect Zucchini Spaghetti Maker
Offered by Flawless Products
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $15.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for zucchini and yellow squash, I've not had luck with carrots (need huge carrots?), October 5, 2014
The Vegollete made quick work of a medium sized zuke into wonderful zuke pasta. I sautéed the "pasta" with chopped onions and carrot peels in coconut oil and butter for a quick nutritious side dish to accompany banana pancakes for our Sunday brunch today. Everyone loved these served together!

I've had no luck at all spiralizing carrots, I think it would work with those big juicing carrots I've seen at whole foods. Meanwhile the included peeler made quick work of the carrots.

I'm seeking more vegetables to spiralize, I'm hoping to try radishes soon. If you have recommendations please leave a comment. I received the spiralizer for reviewing purposes. I'm giving it 5 stars because it was perfect on zucchini which was my goal. I had hoped it would work with carrots but the included peeler succeeded there. I'm also impressed with the cookbook available online from their website as a free bonus after purchase - there are many great recipes I want to try!

Kobi Electric K8L6 6-watt (40-Watt) Straight Tip Candle LED 2700K Warm White Indoor Candelabra Light Bulb, Dimmable
Price: $13.69
4 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BRIGHT! Perfect for our ceiling fan, so impressed I've bought 3 more., October 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our kitchen celing fan requires candelabra lightbulbs. The incandescent bulbs it came with were burning out so I've been looking for a low energy alternative yet I don't trust CFL since 2 went into meltdown almost causing a fire. These LED candelabra bulbs are PERFECT. The put off about the same amount of light as a 60 watt standard incandescent bulb - yes they are that bright. I'm so impressed I've bought 3 more for our ceiling fan and highly recommend them (in fact I've been posting about them on Facebook!) I will update if the burn out too fast or anything else transpires. I've replaced all the CFL bulbs in our home (over 40) with LEDs made by GE, Kobi and Feit, so far all seem to be very well made so I do not expect any issues.

Natural Balance Fat Cats Low Calorie Dry Cat Formula, 15-Pounds
Natural Balance Fat Cats Low Calorie Dry Cat Formula, 15-Pounds
Price: $33.99
12 used & new from $32.40

4.0 out of 5 stars The kitty is sampling the food, she's apparently undecided..., October 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Labeled as the lowest calorie formula (compared to...?) for all breeds of overweight adult cats. Contains chicken meal, salmon meal, garbanzo beans (chick peas), peas and oatmeal. So far the kitties are sniffing at and sampling the Natural Balance Fat Cats, if she doesn't start eating it in earnest she'll undoubtedly lose weight! Cats are finicky so we're mixing a small amount of the new food with her original food. I'll update when we see results. The weight loss feeding chart on the bag will be useful once she's transitioned to the new food.

Neewer® 6"inch 150mm Carbon Fiber Composite Vernier Digital Electronic Caliper Ruler With LCD display
Offered by Global_omo
Price: $7.95
6 used & new from $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT value for home shop use!, October 3, 2014
The Neewer digital micrometer arrived just in time to help us on a few projects on our truck and around our home. I am VERY impressed. I don't need calibrated precision for my projects so I appreciate being able to find reasonably priced tools that accomplish what I need done. These calipers were close enough to accuracy that I have no issue trusting them to make accurate measurements. The Neewer calipers were supplied for reviewing purposes. Highly recommend.

The calipers can measure both in US Standard and Metric increments from 0 - 150 mm or 6 inches in increments of 0.1 mm or 0.01 inches. Power is supplied by the SR 44 / LR44 1.5 volt battery, which was included.

Feit BPAG500DM/LED A19 Semi Omni LED
Feit BPAG500DM/LED A19 Semi Omni LED
Price: $12.76
16 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars BRIGHT! I've been content with the past generation of FEIT LED bulbs - this bulb lives up to the claim of attracting fewer bugs!, October 3, 2014
My front porch has been a haven for lazy orb-weaver spiders. The garage entry lights and front porch light have been attracting so many flying bugs that the spiders have come by the dozens. By the dozen dozens. Weekly I clean their webs down and chase them off, but they kept returning! It's crazy. I hate the yellow cast of bug lights, the yellow light looks horrible against our home so what to do?

I stumbled into this listing, claiming these LED bulbs attract fewer bugs. I am convinced. This listing claimed the FEIT LED bulbs attracted fewer bugs - the claim is true! The proof is in the reduction of spiders I'm dealing with! I've killed off the few remaining with pine sol sprayed on them, night after night. Finally there are no flying bugs to draw yet more spiders to take up roost on my porch!

The luminosity is also GREAT. These FEIT bulbs are VERY bright, unlike the LED bulbs of old. Highly recommend, next spring I intend to buy more for our other outdoor light fixtures.

Lexol 1013 Leather Conditioner 33.8 oz. (1 Liter)
Lexol 1013 Leather Conditioner 33.8 oz. (1 Liter)
Price: $11.97
17 used & new from $9.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than armor all... yet I may try coconut oil next time., October 3, 2014
I don't know the technical differences, but I love the looks of my leather couch far better with Lexol than with the Armor All gel I have previously purchased and reviewed. Lexol went on easy enough and buffed very well. It quickly restored the lush color and softness to the leather.

Trying to live a simpler yet not quite minimalist lifestyle, I've been trying to reduce the various number of products we buy and use on a regular basis. I've been reading blogs about other people using coconut oil on their leather. I may try coconut oil next time... for now I'm very content with Lexol.

No Slip Gel Pad TWIN PACK - Universal Sticky Anti-Slip black GEL pad - exclusive Spider Grip technology. Securely holds Cell Phones, Sunglasses, Coins. Clean with soap and water to renew tackiness. BEST DEAL ON AMAZON
Offered by Newstylee
Price: $6.74
9 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VALUE - makes my dash GPS mount much safer!, October 3, 2014
My dash mount GPS unit has nearly caused a few accidents when the GPS went sailing as I rounded a corner or went over a curb at the right angle. My GPS unit took a major tumble nearly shattering the screen when I hit a bump going into the parking garage on a hill. Really? So I've been searching for the right solution for many months.. nothing worked. Until now.

I LOVE THIS GEL PAD! My GPS is firmly anchored to my dash yet I can remove it and reposition it as needed without damage to my vehicle. I LOVE this gel pad. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I'm still seeking a use for the second mat, currently it's put away with my cell phone supplies in case anything ever happens to the first mat.

Set of 2 - ZICOME Silicone Ice Ball Mold Tray Maker - ★8 Ice Balls★ - By Simple and Healthy Home Creations
Offered by VEGALA
Price: $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Load with berries for a great treat!, October 3, 2014
Received for reviewing purposes, I have really come to LOVE these silicone ice ball maker trays! First, they wash super easy and are super flexible so they clean and store VERY easy. But what I love the most... I filled the bottom portion of the tray with some berries (or fruit or cucumber or lemon juice or whatever...) then I placed the top on and filled the rest with water (or juice). I froze them, they didn't take all that long to freeze.

However, the treat in my drink was AMAZING. It was nice to have just the right about of lemon juice, or lime juice, or whatever dissipated into my drink. Berries were a refreshing blast! I had not initially intended to try this but when they arrived I happened to have a handful of blackberries and elderberries so I thought - why not. A fun treat! This winter I may try this in a mixed drink... perhaps berries and a lemon-lime soda?

ZICOME(TM) - Set of 6 - Pink Groovy Pop Popsicle Molds with Stand - Made of Durable Bpa-free Plastic - Handles Feature Built-in Drip Guard - Save Money By Making Healthy Freeze Pops Using Your Favorite Juices, Flavors and Ingredients - Easy to Use and Clean - Dishwasher Safe

5.0 out of 5 stars They were okay at first, but I really prefer these over another brand I bought locally!, October 3, 2014
Received for reviewing purposes, the freezer molds are not much different than a set I purchased at the local box store a few weeks earlier. I like this set in they are more the size of a traditional frozen pop, where the ones I bought are far too small. Overall they are well made and they are BPA free. I love the fact they are reusable - I prefer making treats at home to control the ingredients used while saving money and being gentler on the environment. I would like to have seen a link for recipes to try with these pops. We grow a variety of berries, it was fun to harvest berries, blend them in the Ninja and turn them into tasty summer treats!

I would give this a 4 star review on first use, but with time I grew to like them better, especially compared to the set I bought, these were far handier to freeze and store! Especially when one or two had been used, and I had extra smoothie in the blender, I was able to refill these much easier than the attached tray set I'd bought. So with use these freezer pops have really grown on me!

Initially I felt these freezer pops were too small, but with use I've found that I like the size. It's the perfect sized frozen treat - as healthy as you'd like to make them. Fruit and yogurt blended? Frozen smoothie leftovers? Just pour them in, freeze and serve. Just leave about a 1/2 inch headway for freezing space, with use you'll find the perfect fill point. Just warm very slightly if they stick in the mold - I did not have issues with this once I warmed under warm water.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20