Profile for Jeri Zerr > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 240

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeri Zerr "formerly a Road Warrior of the Nth Degree" RSS Feed (St. Louis, MO)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
XSories Weye Feye Wireless Camera Remote Control And Instant Wi-Fi Sharing For Canon And Nikon DSLR Cameras
Price: $149.99
3 used & new from $149.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for T4i, maybe works with Canon 70D, April 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So far I haven't been able to get this to work on my T4i so I did further research. I've found 2 different lists on the Weye Feye website, next I'll try this with a 70D which was listed on the 2nd list in the English FAQ but not on the general listing... I've shared the FAQ list below:

1. COMPATIBILITY

D5300
D7000
D7100
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2015 2:29 PM PDT

Ortho Tree & Shrub Fruit Tree Spray, 16-Ounce (Active Ingredients: 70.00% Neem Oil, 2.5% Piperonyl Butoxide, 0.25% Pyrethrins)
Price: $17.02
7 used & new from $15.72

5.0 out of 5 stars 70% neem oil, April 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Neem oil for a number of years with great success. I make up a spray of neem oil in vodka (emulsifier) then add warm water for me, our dogs, our porch, our patio, etc to keep BITING flies away from us when outside. Not only do those pesky flies HURT, they will otherwise maul us unmercilessly with a tremendous risk for infection which is particularly dangerous with my lymphedema. If it's safe enough to use on us it should be safe enough to use on our trees.

I live in the midwest where Japanese beetles are known to annually decimate our peach, plum, almond and cherry trees. My goal with this Orth product is to save our fruit and our trees from thus annual plight, as well as cut down the extremely high tick population at our community garden. The family who owns the property are already pulling ticks off their dogs by the handful so I expect to see results very soon. I will be updating this review throughout the growing season with our experiences.

Head Case: My Brain and Other Wonders
Head Case: My Brain and Other Wonders
by Cole Cohen
Price: $18.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Do we all have holes in our brains?, April 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I keep hearing the comparison to normal, but what truly is normal? NO ONE is truly "normal" in all aspects, each of us have our oddities and nuances. I am starting to think we all have versions of a hoke in our head, whether we're born with it or something happens along the way. Me, I have a crushed vein in my abdomen called May Thurner Syndrome. Occasionally it flares up DVTs and PEs, life-threatening reality check but so far life goes on. Everyone I know, rich or poor or somewhere in between, has quirks and nuances - it makes us unique. I enjoyed reading Cole Cohen's experiences, I'm glad she brought us to some sort of closure instead of leaving us hanging as is often the case. Definitely worthwhile reading, well-written.

Scotts Turf Builder Zoysia Grass Seed & Mulch
Scotts Turf Builder Zoysia Grass Seed & Mulch
Price: $38.99
6 used & new from $30.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoysia is ideal in the hot humid midwest for high traffic areas, April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We love zoysia, but sodding an entire yard is cost prohibitive. I've bought a couple sections of sod before, made plugs from the strips, then plugged my yard. Within 2 years I had a plush weed free zoysia yard. Last year our water company dug up seemingly my entire front yard for their small water leak. It's looked horrible ever since. They put down cheap seed, the little that sprouted doesn't match, it's thin and mostly patchy, too, after a harsh summer then frigid winter.

This bag covered about 2500 Sq feet where I needed to patch and overseed. It's been hot so I've planted in late April, just before a few cloudy days with rain (to help the seed germinate.) I'll update in a few weeks with my success or failure...

Dual Motor Full Body Vibration Plate Exercise Fitness Machine, Portable, 1500W
Dual Motor Full Body Vibration Plate Exercise Fitness Machine, Portable, 1500W
Offered by NETCNA
Price: $642.39

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, trying to help reduce my lymphedema., April 18, 2015
I suffer from lymphedema and lipedema due to complications of May Thurner Syndrome. I chose this machine over the others since it has both pivotal and linear movements with individual controls and it has a top weight limit of 440 pounds so it's likely to be more heavy duty for extensive usage (I have had over 2 decades with lymphedema, it isn't going to magically go away anytime soon). I love having access to the remote control though at times I think it should have sturdy rails so I use it near a wall.

The instruction booklet says to start with not more than 10 minutes at a time, on a low setting, not more than 3 times a day, and build up. I have chronic issues so I'm not yet anywhere near using it 10 minutes at a time, and I believe in baby steps to avoid causing new problems.

Because I have a serious chronic condition, my protocol is beginning something like this:
Day 1 - 1st time 3 minutes, level 3, level 3 - 2nd time 4 minutes, level 4, level 4 - 3rd time 4 minutes level 5, level 5
Day 2 - 5 minutes, level 6, level 6 - 2nd time 5 minutes level 7 level 7 - 3rd time 5 minutes level 8 level 8 - 4th time 5 minutes level 9 level 9
Day 3 - 5 minutes level 10 level 10 - 2nd time 6 minutes level 10 level 10 - 3rd time 6 minutes level 11 level 11 - 4th time 7 minutes level 9 level 9
... and around this level my legs started getting really itchy - again I have a chronic problem, the itchiness is probably toxins getting stirred up, or healing beginning to commence. With each passing day I will be continuing upward either adding an extra minute or increasing the level, as appropriate, within the constraints of the itchiness. If it gets too itchy or if I'm having a bad day then I'll back down a bit for a few sessions. The important part to remember is baby steps... each day and each session progressively increasing in small increments untilI get to higher levels at longer durations. Eventually I'll back down to 2 times a day, most likely. So far so good.... I'll update as my experience and situation progresses. If in doubt, I'd rather go more sessions per day with shorter durations for each so not to overburden my lymphatic system all at once.

Update: so far my legs seem to be tolerating this well. Having a table or wall nearby is definitely helpful. Use caution when turning off the device, my legs feel like Jell-O now that I'm getting to higher levels with longer minutes. I am going to slow my progression upwards to allow my legs to adapt to this new activity.

Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk, Premium, First Pressing, 13.66 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $11.83
11 used & new from $11.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb flavor!, April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use coconut milk for many things, from light Thai soups to gluten n dairy free "milk gravy" aka white gravy to virgin Pina coladas and smoothies. Thai Kitchen is a superb brand, I love the flavor!

DII Mesh Caddie Perfect for College Dorm, Pools, Gyms, Beaches, Locker Rooms, Bathrooms, Shower, Portable Collapsible Shower Caddie, Pink
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Many uses!, April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I initially wanted to use this basket for my gardening tools, spray nozzles and seeds, but dog bathing season arrived first, hence this basket was immediately put to use to store n tote along the various doggies shampoos, grooming gloves, shedding blade and more. After I put the basket up on the shelf confident everything would finish drying appropriately in the airy mesh, I realized all the car washing supplies would also be convenient to store in the collapsible tote caddy. Though I'm currently using this one, I'm likely soon to order 2 more. I love when a product is so useful!

Simple Rules: How to Thrive in a Complex World
Simple Rules: How to Thrive in a Complex World
by Donald N. Sull
Price: $19.89
41 used & new from $13.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Less is more. Simple is best. Simple Rules., April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a society, we have complicated our lives to the point of going postal.

I've built a number of online communities, initially the rules were simple. As moderators joined the team, the rules grew. More rules, we needed more moderators. More moderators, the rules grew until they were impossible. As moderators left, I didn't replace them. Instead I cut back the rules. My newest communities have the simplest rules of all - Respect one another. There is NEVER an issue. Ever. In years. Seriously. Simple Rules.

In Simple Rules the author shows us examples where the simplest rules dominate decision-making, from Wall Street to the street crime. Did you know leaving a vehicle in the driveway could be the best deterrent indicating someone may be home? Interesting. 24x7 I usually have a vehicle in the driveway. My neighbors who rarely do? Yep, they've been burglarized before. Btw, they're home more than we are...

If your life has gotten crazy, Simple Rules may help you realize the methods to looking around your situation at home and at work. Simplify. Less really is more.

My Simple Rules include -
* standard power cords for electronics - tablet, kindle, phone, GPS, etc.
* I stopped buying special cleaners, pesticides AND herbicides. Now it's baking soda, vodka, white vinegar, salt, essential oils, Dawn. Between these I can make window cleaner to herbicides, plant and dog pest repellents too. When we're out, I make another batch in minutes. It's easier to keep a few staples in our pantry than all the chemicals. Safer too!
* no variety of credit cards to this n that store or cause. Credit cards ONLY from the place I bank. Online bill pay, too. Now paying bills takes literally 5 minutes twice monthly. How easy :-)
* oh yeah, our Depression Era fathers had the same rule - never buy anything on credit if you can't pay for it outright (except maybe a house). This rule saved us from certain financial ruin when the economy tanked a few years ago. We found we were both without a paycheck simultaneously. Scary. We got through it, likely due to our Simple Rule.

Faking Normal
Faking Normal
by Courtney C. Stevens
Price: $13.87
68 used & new from $2.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great handling of a sensitive topic - no spoilers, April 15, 2015
This review is from: Faking Normal (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Faking Normal is a well-written YA novel spun around two teens, Alexi and Brodee, who each are facing sorrows for the past that cannot be reclaimed. One a rape, the other parental death. Both are sensitive topics which are handled beautifully by the author, Courtney Stevens.

QuickBooks Online For Dummies
QuickBooks Online For Dummies
by Elaine Marmel
Price: $19.99
45 used & new from $15.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly covers QuickBooks Online - great primer, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have yet to find a Dummies book to be lacking for an introduction to any topic, QuickBooks Online is no exception. I am not one to be a big fan of cloud based software, but this is an area I take exception. ALWAYS having a cloud backup of financial software is vital to any small or home office.

I like the way Quick books for Dummies is organized for the tasks I need to accomplish. Highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20