Profile for Jeri Zerr > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 180

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeri Zerr "formerly a Road Warrior of the Nth Degree" RSS Feed (Missouri)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Epson Expression Premium XP-820 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Offered by TheFactoryDepot
Price: $213.93
3 used & new from $192.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Combined with the free Epson iPrint app from the playstore, I'm printing from my cellphone!, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This being my 6th or 7th Epson printer I've reviewed in recent months, I am very pleased with the entire line of both the Workforce and Expression lines of Epson printers. The workforce lines are geared towards Small office / Home office (soho) with a very high duty cycle (12,000 pages / month!), the Expression line is targeted for those who need higher quality photos. All are easy to setup, all feature EpsonConnect to print from anywhere by sending the printer an email (with an email address you generate) with the file attached, all feature an excellent set of drivers and utilities that are easy to install which work tirelessly behind the scenes to keep prints coming out perfectly *every* time. Lost that setup disc? Upgrading os? No worries. Epson maintains exceptional online customer service which includes every software package I've needed. Ever. Even years later.

The 820 is no exception. The primary feature is the self-deploying paper output tray (perfect for my foster teen who finds most of his prints in the trash can below the old printer!) as well as the 273/273XL line of inks. The 273 inks (black, cyan, magenta, yellow and photo black) are reasonably priced (40 - 60 bucks / set where I've priced) while being rated for 200 years protected in an album (how do they check this?!) Overall I am very pleased. I cannot find a single fault or complaint with this printer. It copies, scans and faxes double-sided. 30 page auto-document feeder. Inks that are widely available at reasonable prices from major office supply outlets. For near lab quality prints.

Worried about the many plastic parts? Durability? I've recently run *many* reams through its big brother, the Epson 3540. 8 or 10 reams, double-sided in a single week. Plus envelopes. I was certain I was going to kill my beloved 3540 (and it's el cheapo inks sourced here on Amazon by inktoneram!) I found it was best to wait half an hour between reams (you'll KNOW when you've pushed too hard when the print suddenly slows to a crawl.. Just quit 30 minutes and all will be well again.) I have utterly abused the 3540 with mega print jobs, so far all is well and it's printing just as good as the first day it was new.

All in all I am pleased with the entire family of Epson printers, they are all quality machines.

Dare to Dream
Dare to Dream
Price: $6.99
70 used & new from $0.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Calming and rejuvenating, September 17, 2014
This review is from: Dare to Dream (Audio CD)
Yanni's Dare to Dream has long been the music of my dreams. Restful. Rejuvenating. Mind-calming. When I've had a hard day, when the week has been stressful, when otherwise those teeth-clenched nerves are frayed, I can always lean on Dare to Dream, a soothing Epsom Salts bath finished with a coconut oil massage along with a refreshing Chia Colada to wake up refreshed the next day. Treat yourself today!

Cooking with Chia For Dummies (For Dummies (Health & Fitness))
Cooking with Chia For Dummies (For Dummies (Health & Fitness))
by Debbie Dooly
Price: $15.47
40 used & new from $10.88

5.0 out of 5 stars For those eho have graduated past Chia Pet by realizing Chia is a Mayan superfood, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Initially infamous due to Chia Pets, the Mayan superfood Chia is suddenly becoming a mainstream staple. But how to prepare Chia besides sprinkling in yogurt or oatmeal or drinking Chia Fresca*?

Cooking with Chia for Dummies is the best introductory guide into the world of everything Chia I have seen. Packed with recipes, the informational content is also noteworthy. One serving of chia, 2 Tablespoons - 15 grams, is only 69 calories yet is packed with 5 grams fiber, 13% daily value of magnesium and much more. B vitamins. Selenium. Calcium. Iron. Vitamins A and C. Essential Fatty Acids including omega 3. Protein - all 9 essential amino acids (can any other food claim this?) and maybe most importantly Antioxidants.

My personal favorite recipe are a tie between the Lemon Chia Cupcakes, the Chia Brownies and the Chia Cookies, others will find the Chicken Chia Curry or the numerous Chia soups delightful. Chia Waffles anyone?

*Chia Fresca is made by boiling water and sugar into a simple syrup then adding lime juice and chia seeds while cooling. It's ready to concume when tge chia seeds have gelatinized, usually in 30 to 60 minutes.

Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Open-Access Lid, 24-Ounce, Stainless Steel
Price: $27.71
3 used & new from $19.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spill-proof hot beverage mug I've found, yet!, September 14, 2014
I wasn't sure what to expect from the Contigo West loop tea infuser and travel mug. It's just another travel mug, correct? WRONG.

I love herbal tea, and have been wanting a way to carry my various herbal teas with me while keeping them warm. In the travel mug my tea stayed hot for FIVE hours!! The Contigo is the perfect solution - So much so I've already added a 24 oz mug (kept my tea HOT for seven full hours!) and a second travel mug for my household along with the Tea Infuser.

First, the Contigo West loop travel mug is amazing. It's easy to clean, it's easy to fill, it's easy to transport WITHOUT SPILLS nor burns. I love the double locking top! The 24 oz mug is the same, minus the double locking cap. The tea infuser snaps inside both lid styles with ease.

Our household shares the single infuser since they mostly use tea bags, I'm the one who uses loose Chinese herbal teas the most. Especially cats claw and mint with lemon balm directly from our gardens. If your household uses lots of loose herbal teas you many want to get more than a single tea infuser. The Contigo also keeps cold drinks COLD. 20+ hours COLD. Overall I am very pleased!

Contigo West Loop Tea Infuser Accessory, Greyed Jade
Contigo West Loop Tea Infuser Accessory, Greyed Jade
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Snaps easily into the lid of the Contigo west loop travel mug..., September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Tomcat Household Pest Glue Boards (For Mice, Roaches, Insects, Scorpions, and Spiders, 4 Pack) - Not Sold in AK
Price: $3.49
4 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for Mice. Will also catch a silverfish, or a centipede!, September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In a long battle with spiders I've recently tried several methods as an alternative to chemical poisons. Not sure which I needed, I grabbed both the Tomcat Scorpion Glue Boards as well as the Tomcat Household Pest Glue Boards (which is marketed for mice, spiders, scorpions, etc...)

First, right from the top, the Tomcat Household Pest Glue Boards seem to be made with the identical same glue as the Scorpion glue boards and they both can be used either flat or folded up and placed along a wall (or on the top of a fridge, etc). The only difference appears to be the size / shape of the physical boards. Btw, NEITHER set of boards appear to have strong enough glue to hold a mouse... Besides, when I DID catch a mouse on a glue board one time that lil furball screamed holy terror until she (or he) finally worked herself (or himself) loose and escaped.. leaving a thick wad of fur (and skin) behind. I felt horrible. I'll never use a glue trap for a mouse again, there are much more humane ways of dealing with mouse issues (including the Havahart 1020 Live Animal Two-Door Mouse Cage Trap which I have since used with much success. Until I discovered peppermint. No more mice. Means no more snakes. But why do I still have these pesky spiders??

Back to the spider issue. So far so good. In just a couple days the 8 strategically placed boards (4 in each pack) have caught a number of spiders.. and a silverfish. Who knew there was a silverfish lurking?? I'm satisfied. It'll catch most anything stated - but please look elsewhere if dealing with a mouse issue.

Made in the USA.

Tomcat Scorpion Glue Boards (4 Pack) - Not Sold in AK
Tomcat Scorpion Glue Boards (4 Pack) - Not Sold in AK
Price: $3.99
6 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for mice. Will also catch a silverfish! or a centipede!, September 12, 2014

Made in the USA.

Durvet 001-0258 Chlorhexidine Solution
Durvet 001-0258 Chlorhexidine Solution
Offered by HorseLoverZ / EasyPetStore
Price: $7.20
5 used & new from $6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Use full strength (2%) or dilute as 9 parts water to 1 part Chlorhexidine for a 0.2% solution, September 12, 2014
Chlorhexidine (found in Hibiclens) is a great way to effectively and quickly kill both bacteria and fungal issues on a surface wound or in a persistent problem area as well as a great way to sanitize fabrics or bedding. The more diluted the solution, the longer the contact is needed (such as soaking fabrics) before thoroughly rinsing. A 0.2% solution is possible by mixing 1 part of the 2% Chlorhexidine with 9 parts water (I've also used witch hazel for added benefit). Be VERY cautious to keep it completely out of the area around sensitive eyes and ears where it can cause ulceration. For the ears I like to use a 3 or 4 drops of tea tree oil in a full 16 oz bottle of witch hazel, then add this mixture to a baby wipe to gently and delicately clean out the ears. This mixture can also be used in place of Chlorhexidine solution, but sometimes when there is a persistent problem it's best to alternate treatments between the two.

Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (For Dummies (Health & Fitness))
Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (For Dummies (Health & Fitness))
by Marni Wasserman
Price: $13.96
43 used & new from $9.65

5.0 out of 5 stars A great awareness level reference for someone new to the Plant-Based lifestyle - great new recipes! Sweet Pea Guacamole!, September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Some may criticize this "Dummies" book for being TOO simple, for not fully defining the terms. From my experience though, this book is right on the money for the level of book it is intended to be - an awareness level discourse to open up a new paradigm for those who have no awareness of trying to live a plant based life-style.

My favorite recipes from this book include the Energizing Coconut Vanilla Chia Pudding and the Sweet Pea Guacamole! But the To Die For is the Balsamic Maple Dressing, that with a quick substitution of two ingredients transforms into a recipe for Honey-Dijon Dressing. (Page 223). There's even a Tahini Miso Gravy, two ingredients I keep on hand but never thought to combine in a single recipe before.

Spot it! Disney Pixar - Words
Spot it! Disney Pixar - Words
Price: $12.16
23 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Did you ever see that new game and KNEW it was a game changer? (like Triazzle puzzles! but in a card game!), September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Spot It card games are awesomely cool! Fun and educational! There are multiple pictures and words on every round card. There are several variations, but the simple game is this. Two cards are placed face up, the first person who calls out which items "matches" on both cards gets that pair of cards. The person who has the most cards at the end of the game is the winner. What constitutes a match? It could be a physical star on one card with the word "star" on the other card. What I find absolutely fascinating, no matter which two cards are selected, there is only a single "match". No two cards in the entire deck have a second "match" between the cards. How they pulled that off, I don't know, but it's awesome!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20