Profile for Tomonthebeach > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tomonthebeach RSS Feed (Indian Harbor Beach, FL USA)

Ozeri Deluxe Milk Frother and Whisk in Stainless Steel with Stand and 4-Frothing Attachments
Price: $24.95
9 used & new from $21.11

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate frother, May 1, 2014
I use my frother for latte, salad dressing, omelettes, gravy, and almost any other liquid stirring I need to do. They are light and easy to use while cooking right in the pan if necessary. However, past frothers have been cheaply made, and thus they stop working or slow down after a year or so. Cleaning also can be a mess too as the spring stirring base gunks up when used on thicker fluids like sauces.

With the Ozeri you get 3 options for stirrers. You get an egg beater for omelettes (6 eggs is no problem), a mixer for iced drinks, in the glass or gravies and sauces; and a frother spring for lattes. Best of all, this machine seems to run at about twice the rpms as past models I have had. The Ozeri produces a superior froth head, and it does it fast. The fact that it has a click on/off switch also suggests the switch mechanism will outlast past forthers I have tossed. On previous forthers, the switch was first to go. All in all, this is a dynamite little tool that seems well enough made to last for years.

Z® by Malouf ZONED MEMORY FOAM Pillow with Velour Removeable Cover
Z® by Malouf ZONED MEMORY FOAM Pillow with Velour Removeable Cover
Offered by LinenSpa
Price: $109.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This pillow made me sick., November 21, 2012
The pillow is very comfortable and offers good support. However, after sleeping on this pillow for a week, I developed respiratory symptoms I normally associate with seasonal pollen allergies. After two weeks, the sore red eyes, sneezing and, coughing persisted. Looking for other explanations, a colleague asked if I recently changed pillows. Sure enough, the pillow had a subtle rubber-like odor. I swapped pillows, and the next morning, I felt much better. In two days, my symptoms were completely gone. I tried airing the foam core on my patio for several days, but the odor persisted. And, NO, I do not have a latex allergy. In fact, my bed has a plush latex mattress. It's the pillow. Curiously, my low-loft Z pillow has no rubber smell. Nevertheless, I tossed them both.

Cobra PhoneLynx Bluetooth Cell to Home Phone Connection System (BT 215)
Cobra PhoneLynx Bluetooth Cell to Home Phone Connection System (BT 215)
Price: $30.99
56 used & new from $26.38

5.0 out of 5 stars I really works!, November 16, 2012
I recently moved, and did not bother with a land line phone. I still had a base station and 6 satellites boxed away. Because my house is so big, I cannot hear the cellphone if I leave it in another room. Cobra to the rescue. Just plug in the power for the base station and the Cobra PhoneLynx, then connect the two with the old cable that used to connect the base station to the land line. My Android acquired the Cobra via Bluetooth in seconds. Now I can make and receive calls from any room in the house while my cellphone charges next to the base station. The minute I pull into the driveway, I am connected to the house phone. The device can connect two cellphones, so my partner's phone works too! For the price, everyone with a Bluetooth cellphone should have one of these.

Slaying the Dragon: The History of Addiction Treatment and Recovery in America
Slaying the Dragon: The History of Addiction Treatment and Recovery in America
by William L. White
38 used & new from $24.39

5.0 out of 5 stars The one book every addiction professional should read., February 16, 2012
If you call yourself an addiction professional, you should be conversant in the history of your field. Slaying the Dragon is the most definitive work of its kind in the English language. The book is as scholarly as it is readable. The author, Bill White, is a superb writer. He is also a prolific writer publishing over 200 refereed journal articles, chapters, and monographs. Bill knows his subject. Don't be put off by the 1998 publication date. History is history, and there is a lot of it before 1998 worth knowing. The addiction field can only hope that an update will be published that will cover the amazing progress in the pharmacology and neuroscience of addiction, and the spread of evidence-based treatments. I oversee the nation's addiction recovery research program. Only one book is a fixture on my desktop; Slaying the Dragon.

BodyFlex BRB5200 Magnetic Recumbent Bike
BodyFlex BRB5200 Magnetic Recumbent Bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality for the price, September 14, 2010
Ruptured by Achilles tendon in late May. The bike enables aerobic exercise and is helping rebuild the leg muscles without stressing the tendon. Easy-to-use programs, heavy, wide foot avoids tipovers, well-padded seat and back, adjustable leg throw, monitors heart rate/pulse too. Takes about 20 minutes to assemble. Compares favorably to $600 models I tried.

Epicureanist Aerating Funnel Set
Epicureanist Aerating Funnel Set
Price: $19.95
8 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Improves wine taste - high quality workmanship, September 14, 2010
If you even think aerating wine might improve that 1-year old Pinot, this appliance is worth trying. It almost instantly ages the wine and mellows the flavor -- no sitting for a couple hours in the decanter. The separate stainless screen also saves the day when the cork turns out to be wetter than you thought, and bits fall back into the bottle. I recently used it on a 3-year old Bordeaux resulting in a taste I expect at 7 or 8 years. Used on a 25 year old Bordeaux last month, and the result was superb. You will not regret getting this little gizmo. Being stainless, it will not rust and it will not break like pricier glass ones (like my last one). Rinse with water after each use to preclude clogging.

Koolatron 12v Insect Bug Killer - Simple and Safe!
Koolatron 12v Insect Bug Killer - Simple and Safe!

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelievably durable cheap bug killer, September 14, 2010
Used on my yacht for 3 years before it got stepped on and broke. Despite marine climate, rust and corruption did not phase this product -- it kept killing bugs until I accidentally killed it! Nice blue glow at night - made great cockpit night light and kept bugs out of the salon.

Shave Set w/Bowl Antique Ivory
Shave Set w/Bowl Antique Ivory

1.0 out of 5 stars Better products available - fell apart, September 14, 2010
Purchased about two years ago. After 18 months the brush came off the handle due to using nonwaterproof glue. About 6 months later, the blade attchment came off the razor. Probably the same glue problem. The cup lasted 6 moths before the silver eroded off the bottom to bare copper. A product like this should last at least five years.

GARDEN HARVEST MUG 3 3/4" 215
GARDEN HARVEST MUG 3 3/4" 215

5.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery and correct order, September 14, 2010
This review is from: GARDEN HARVEST MUG 3 3/4" 215
I needed replacement cups for my Garden Harvest set and ordered from another vender - it took forever and they sent the wrong cup. This vendor got me the correct cups and in just a few days. Packaging was excellent. No way they could break in route.

Cruising in Catamarans
Cruising in Catamarans
by Charles E. Kanter
17 used & new from $98.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, very informative; but not for everyone., August 4, 2006
This review is from: Cruising in Catamarans (Paperback)
Charles Kanter's "Cruising in Catamarans" is an excellent book that tells readers a lot about hull, deck, and interior configurations, exterior rigging options, and advice on how to sail them and park them in lousy as well as optimum conditions. His wide experience surveying and sailing catamarans of various models and sizes enables Mr. Kanter to offer informed opinions, often accompanied with photos to bolster his argument.

The book is not a primer, nor an introduction to sailing. Kanter targets experienced sailors who are considering changing from monohull boats to catamarans and want to know more - a lot more. The author does not disappoint in that regard.

Kanter's nautical lexicon exceeds that of many sailors, as well as the book's own glossary. Although amply endowed with pictures, a few more would have been helpful. For example, the photo of a chafe-prone skene bow chock is not juxtaposed to a picture of the recommended alternative roller chock - a vastly different bit of hardware. Although technology is already beginning to overtake the book's content (e.g., no mention of LED lighting), readers contemplating catamaran cruising will love this book.