Profile for Tomonthebeach > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tomonthebeach RSS Feed (Indian Harbor Beach, FL USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Topeak One Up Wall Mount Bike Hanger
Topeak One Up Wall Mount Bike Hanger
Price: $45.98
24 used & new from $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive but not easy to install, April 15, 2015
I installed two of these in the garage. They look great, and work fine. It is nice to have a rack for helmets and gloves included.

My gripe is the engineering. There are 3 different allen wrenches needed to assemble. One is huge, for the top wheel bar, one is medium for the side tool bar, and one is teeny for the plastic guard. None are included.

The screws are soft metal so the slots strip very quickly if you need to back out a screw. They provide 6 drywall anchors when only two are needed. Six anchors implies that the rack can be attached to drywall -- it cannot be. Use quality stainless inch-and-a-half screws to attach the rack to a stud. Only use drywall anchors for the two side screws (covered by the plastic guard in the picture). I found that a large flathead screw driver will hold the giant allen nut in place for tightening the wheel bar. The other two - good luck. For the price, allen wrenches should be provided as well as higher-quality screws.

Flipper Big Button Universal Remote for 2 Devices
Flipper Big Button Universal Remote for 2 Devices
Price: $29.95
19 used & new from $17.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so universal. Would not program favorites., April 7, 2015
Bought this for my blind 95 year old mom whose mind is not so sharp anymore either. Her sited husband recently passed away, and so she cannot operate the button-filled remote for their 78" Mitsubishi. She does not have the patience to flip through 65 channels, nor the vision to push tiny channel buttons. So, the promise of programming favorites was a plus. Alas, it was only a promise. I spent about an hour trying to get it to program a mere 3 favorite channels in TV mode (no STB to fuss with). It would advance the channels after accepting the TV code, but after programming in her favorite 3 channels, it went to channel 1 and stayed there. After repeated resets and reprogramming, I gave up. Now I am back looking for the next simple-to-use remote.

BTW, the ON button is located next to the MUTE button. Bad design. If you hit mute vs ON, a blind person might leave the TV on because the sound is off.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2015 8:58 AM PDT

Liquid Silver Plating Kit
Liquid Silver Plating Kit
Offered by millennium sports
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It takes some effort, but it works., March 26, 2015
This review is from: Liquid Silver Plating Kit
You work this stuff like silver polish -- i.e., using significant elbow grease. Because it replates a little with each application, your reward for all that rubbing is usually a bright and shiny silver object. I rated this product earlier, and this was my second purchase. It works. Just expect to put some work into restoring your tarnished pieces.

Lorell 13-1/2" Radio Control Wood Wall Clock
Lorell 13-1/2" Radio Control Wood Wall Clock
Offered by C & M Trade
Price: $36.71
5 used & new from $28.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Set it and forget it -- at least until the battery runs out., March 26, 2015
This clock is great. It replaced a clock that sits 11 feet up the wall, and thus required dragging a 12ft ladder into the hall just to adjust the time twice a year. It is easy to read at a distance, light, and it recently reset automatically to EDT. I'm gonna get two more.

One nagging problem -- how long that AA battery will last before I have to go back up there to replace it.

Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Work Station
Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Work Station
Price: $46.28
70 used & new from $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Models with the EZ Change feature cannot be used with this workstation., March 21, 2015
Clever device and reasonably priced, however, it does not work on the pricey Dremel Model 4200 even though Dremel claims that it is compatible with the Model 4200. The 4200 can be mounted on the workstation - yes. However, once mounted on the workstation, you cannot change attachments. The designer did not provide access to the 4200's EZ Change release levers while attached to the device. Problem #1: without access to the 2 attachment release levers, you have to unscrew the device from the work station every time you want to change attachments. Problem #2: larger diameter attachments cannot be used at all, because they will not fit through the small diameter workstation mounting hole. Thus, I will have to go out and buy a low-end rotary tool that I can leave permanently on the workstation. There really is no other option.

Ozeri Deluxe Milk Frother and Whisk in Stainless Steel with Stand and 4-Frothing Attachments
Offered by Moderna Housewares LLC
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $19.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate frother, May 1, 2014
I use my frother for latte, salad dressing, omelettes, gravy, and almost any other liquid stirring I need to do. They are light and easy to use while cooking right in the pan if necessary. However, past frothers have been cheaply made, and thus they stop working or slow down after a year or so. Cleaning also can be a mess too as the spring stirring base gunks up when used on thicker fluids like sauces.

With the Ozeri you get 3 options for stirrers. You get an egg beater for omelettes (6 eggs is no problem), a mixer for iced drinks, in the glass or gravies and sauces; and a frother spring for lattes. Best of all, this machine seems to run at about twice the rpms as past models I have had. The Ozeri produces a superior froth head, and it does it fast. The fact that it has a click on/off switch also suggests the switch mechanism will outlast past forthers I have tossed. On previous forthers, the switch was first to go. All in all, this is a dynamite little tool that seems well enough made to last for years.

Z Zoned Memory Foam Pillow with Velour Removeable Cover - High Loft, Plush - Queen
Offered by LinenSpa
Price: $109.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This pillow made me sick., November 21, 2012
The pillow is very comfortable and offers good support. However, after sleeping on this pillow for a week, I developed respiratory symptoms I normally associate with seasonal pollen allergies. After two weeks, the sore red eyes, sneezing and, coughing persisted. Looking for other explanations, a colleague asked if I recently changed pillows. Sure enough, the pillow had a subtle rubber-like odor. I swapped pillows, and the next morning, I felt much better. In two days, my symptoms were completely gone. I tried airing the foam core on my patio for several days, but the odor persisted. And, NO, I do not have a latex allergy. In fact, my bed has a plush latex mattress. It's the pillow. Curiously, my low-loft Z pillow has no rubber smell. Nevertheless, I tossed them both.

Cobra PhoneLynx Bluetooth Cell to Home Phone Connection System (BT 215)
Cobra PhoneLynx Bluetooth Cell to Home Phone Connection System (BT 215)
Offered by GEMSTOP
Price: $8.50
17 used & new from $7.22

5.0 out of 5 stars I really works!, November 16, 2012
I recently moved, and did not bother with a land line phone. I still had a base station and 6 satellites boxed away. Because my house is so big, I cannot hear the cellphone if I leave it in another room. Cobra to the rescue. Just plug in the power for the base station and the Cobra PhoneLynx, then connect the two with the old cable that used to connect the base station to the land line. My Android acquired the Cobra via Bluetooth in seconds. Now I can make and receive calls from any room in the house while my cellphone charges next to the base station. The minute I pull into the driveway, I am connected to the house phone. The device can connect two cellphones, so my partner's phone works too! For the price, everyone with a Bluetooth cellphone should have one of these.

Slaying the Dragon: The History of Addiction Treatment and Recovery in America
Slaying the Dragon: The History of Addiction Treatment and Recovery in America
by William L. White
26 used & new from $15.10

5.0 out of 5 stars The one book every addiction professional should read., February 16, 2012
If you call yourself an addiction professional, you should be conversant in the history of your field. Slaying the Dragon is the most definitive work of its kind in the English language. The book is as scholarly as it is readable. The author, Bill White, is a superb writer. He is also a prolific writer publishing over 200 refereed journal articles, chapters, and monographs. Bill knows his subject. Don't be put off by the 1998 publication date. History is history, and there is a lot of it before 1998 worth knowing. The addiction field can only hope that an update will be published that will cover the amazing progress in the pharmacology and neuroscience of addiction, and the spread of evidence-based treatments. I oversee the nation's addiction recovery research program. Only one book is a fixture on my desktop; Slaying the Dragon.

Body Champ BRB5200 Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
Body Champ BRB5200 Programmable Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality for the price, September 14, 2010
Ruptured by Achilles tendon in late May. The bike enables aerobic exercise and is helping rebuild the leg muscles without stressing the tendon. Easy-to-use programs, heavy, wide foot avoids tipovers, well-padded seat and back, adjustable leg throw, monitors heart rate/pulse too. Takes about 20 minutes to assemble. Compares favorably to $600 models I tried.

Page: 1 | 2