Profile for Russell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 57

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Russell RSS Feed (ID usa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Cable Matters® (3 Pack) 90 Degree Right-Angle 6.0 Gbps SATA III Cable - 18 Inches
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $7.49

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 25 Feet (7.6 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, May 14, 2015
I'm using this with a display port adapter to hook my desktop up to my home theater setup. Works great!

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
Price: Click here to see our price
117 used & new from $141.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Painless, May 14, 2015
Probably the easiest, fastest windows install I've ever done. It'd been a while since I'd done a clean install, and I thought an ssd upgrade would be the perfect time. I didn't have to make any changes to the default settings on my lga 2011 build to get it working, and these days windows has its own program for making bootable discs and usbs. I was up and running again in 30 minutes.

Cable Matters® Gold Plated DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (Male to Female) with Audio in Black
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $11.99
12 used & new from $8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, May 14, 2015
with this and a 25 ft HDMI cable, I was able to hook my desktop (asus 7970 ghz edition, Win 8.1) to my home theater setup (Onkyo HT-S3700). Works great, no problems. I already ordered another one.

SOFTROUND Earpads, ear pads, ear cushion Replacement for Sony 211566803, Compatible with Sony MDR-7506, MDR-V6, MDR-CD900ST, Sony, etc. (Packaged 1 pair (2 pieces)) T018
Offered by SoftRound (USA Seller)
Price: $9.59
6 used & new from $9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy Quality, May 14, 2015
Very comfortable. Actually blocks out a lot more outside sounds than the aging (going on 3 years) pads I was replacing on my MDR-V6 cans. I put off buying these for months but I'd buy them again in a heart beat.

The Leather Factory Men's Lambskin Brown Leather Jacket In Slim Fit Style S Brown
Offered by The Leather Factory TLF
Price: $154.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice jacket, December 16, 2014
This is easily the nicest jacket I have owned.

Things I love:
-the lambskin leather is very soft, high quality (though I'm no expert)
-fits! - I'm 5-9 and 160lbs, athletic
-looks really good

Things I love less:
-pockets are small- enough room for my hands and gloves thats about it. Don't expect to hoard things in the pockets.
-inside left pocket is zippered and the zipper feels cheap. I'll probably never use it.
-the strap around the neck isn't held on by anything but the 3 loops on the collar. It falls out pretty much every time I take the jacket off the hangar, which makes me think i'll eventually lose it.

MSI Computer GT60 DOMINATOR-1065;9S7-16F442-1065 15.6-Inch Laptop
MSI Computer GT60 DOMINATOR-1065;9S7-16F442-1065 15.6-Inch Laptop
Offered by AGearNotebooks
Price: $1,399.00
8 used & new from $1,149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid laptop for 3d, gaming., December 16, 2014
I work in and am in school for 3d. Unfortunately the school bought into the apple parade and i have a windows desktop at home. After dealing with it for a while I finally saved up enough for this bad boy. Its not going to win any awards for portability. Its pretty thick, and I won't be forgetting that its in my backpack any time soon but that's the price you pay for a mobile workstation/gaming machine. This laptop runs all the usual applications with ease- adobe suite, maya, xnormal, zbrush all run fine. I'll definitely be upgrading the ram and putting an ssd in it at some point. There was a warranty sticker over one of the screws on the base plate which made me scared to take it off, so I waited a month or so before actually opening it up. (I read on a forum that it wouldn't actually void the warranty, but who knows) There appears to be two separate unused slots for ram, and another separate slot for an hdd. When I decide to make those upgrades I will update this post. They did include a separate hdd mounting bracket for securing the second hdd slot, so thats nice. Now I just have to not lose it between now and when I'm wealthy again.

windows 8 synced my account with my desktop so my background picture and profile pictures automatically synced up. That was kinda cool. There's probably more functionality there but I haven't had time to explore it.

The 4 usbs is about the minimum I'd accept. AFter my mouse and my wireless wacom tablet dongle, and then my usb drive, theres just one left. . .

pre-installed software was actually rather minimal. The coolest is the keyboard (by steelseries) program with which you can set your keyboard to virtually any color scheme. I was mostly just relieved I didn't have to have a stupid rainbow keyboard. (I think they do that so that you have to use the program at least once) Theres a touch button above the keyboard that switches in between color modes. I only discovered this yesterday because I've been so busy with work and school. I haven't opened any of the other pre-installed programs since I got the laptop- they were the typical array of mostly unnecessary gaming companion apps.

The major reason I chose this laptop was the 970m. So far so good- but I had to open up the nvidia control panel and set photoshop to use it instead of the integrated intel chip by clicking manage 3d settings and changing the program preferences. I haven't had to do it for anything else yet. Now that I know how and where to do that, it should be smooth sailing.

Obviously battery life is fairly limited. The best thing about the battery is its location- its in the front left of the base as opposed to under the monitor. It lasts for between 3 and 4 hours ( I haven't pushed it to death yet, because why would I), which is long enough to squeeze off a few emails or write some reviews on amazon etc etc. Not the reason I got this laptop.

touch pad isn't anything to write home about. It automatically disables itself if you plug in a mouse. Classy.

The monitor is good enough. its a matte finish, which is actually new for me. I'm not a screen pro so I don't have any deep insight into its quality. The nice thing is that with 2 mini display ports and an hdmi, hooking up a couple external screens is a breeze.

I could have done without the dvd drive- tho it is the only one I own, so the 5 dvds that I also own can be watched again! yawn. More usb ports, or a third hdd slot or a card reader or (instert thing here) would have been better.

I'm not sure what the point of the radio switch is (btw did you know this laptop has a radio switch?) Another something I'll never use.

I expect this laptop to easily last me a few years. I will continue to update this with problems, solutions and experiences.

Grin&Bear Men's Long Sleeve Hoodie, navy, M, GB101
Grin&Bear Men's Long Sleeve Hoodie, navy, M, GB101
Offered by GMC Apparel
Price: $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit, but not exactly high quality., December 16, 2014
It looks nice. material is somewhat cheap though very comfortable. I've had it a few months now and the low quality material is starting to wear, though I'm not 'air drying' it as the tag directs.

No one's got time for that.

could be a bit longer in the sleeves, but I roll them up anyways.

Champion Men's Powertrain Muscle T-shirt, Black, Medium
Champion Men's Powertrain Muscle T-shirt, Black, Medium
Offered by HisRoom
Price: $20.00
2 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars material is comfortable. Fits well on me (5'9 160lbs, December 16, 2014
material is comfortable. Fits well on me (5'9 160lbs, athletic). Somewhat long without being baggy, which is how I prefer my workout clothing.

Simon Cree Led Flashlight Top LED Tactical Flashlight used by Law Enforcement. The Brightest LED Flashlight Torch with 250 Lumens. Simon High Power Bright Flashlight T6 Pro Part #ST6FL13661013
Offered by Simon Inc.
Price: $30.00
3 used & new from $26.10

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing brightness in small package., December 16, 2014
bright! I wanted something small to put in my jacket pocket because I walk home after dark most days, and stick on my nightstand when I go to bed. This is small enough to fit the bill and bright enough to temporarily blind someone if shined in the eyes. perfect.

The other settings are mostly irrelevant to me. The focus adjustment is nice though i'll probably never change it.

I'd definitely recommend this to a friend. Its cheap enough I may buy separate ones for carry and home.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6