Profile for R. Spendlove > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Spendlove RSS Feed (Wasatch Front, UT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
PicsPlay Pro
PicsPlay Pro
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars nice try., December 8, 2014
This review is from: PicsPlay Pro (App)
Unfortunately, PicsPlay Pro has stopped.

That should be enough said, but. There are tools that I looked for that seemed to be placed in the wrong folder. Such as a custom shaped crop (freehand). It's in the stamps folder. It does not work on your current photo, only a saved one. And saved photos give it the all too common stopped error.

Real Steel HD
Real Steel HD
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh, September 11, 2014
This review is from: Real Steel HD (App)
First, I was skeptical of the permissions. Went past it. Didn't want a huge download, went past it. Started the game, entered one of the modes, and pop-up ad with a teeny tiny close button came up. Still, I went past it. Selected a robot, but it is not intuitive of how to enter the arena. Exited game. Uninstalled. All that together is just too much suckiness.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2014 10:12 PM PDT

2x (pair/set) 6.2L Liter in BLACK Highly Polished Aluminum Silver Chrome Car Truck Engine Swap Badge Nameplate Emblem for Chevy Camaro SS Corvette Cadillac L99 LS3 LSA C6 Pontiac G8 GXP V8 Vauxhall VXR8
Offered by Empire Racing Parts
Price: $17.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice, January 5, 2014
While not as thick as the standard badges are for a vehicle these do look to be of a high quality. Since I wanted them for an unbadged F150, I decided to put these on the hood. The Ford version has a very large L and I figured putting these where that would go would not look quite right. These do look great on the hood though, where the raised part of the hood is near the windshield vent.

Windows Command-Line Administrator's Pocket Consultant, 2nd Edition
Windows Command-Line Administrator's Pocket Consultant, 2nd Edition
by William R. Stanek
Price: $29.76
26 used & new from $18.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for some big pockets, December 28, 2013
While I don't think I'll ever use all of the book, simply because of the sheer volume of information in there, I can tell you that I will never put this pocket consultant in my pocket. It's BIG. Even my coat pockets won't hold this. Do take note of the product dimensions. At nearly 6x8x1.5, this is half the thickness and the same page size as an average bible. This is like the bible for the CLI though. It's packed with information, and for that, I love it.

JR Products 222PW-A Polar White Cap and Strap
JR Products 222PW-A Polar White Cap and Strap
Price: $9.60
17 used & new from $7.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost an exact fit. Almost., November 24, 2013
Not an exact fit for my trailer.

While I thought these were universal, it appears this doesn't go on far enough to engage the tabs before the lid stops it at the base of the trailer part. I'll have to do a little cutting away of the tab or lid edge to use it.

Banggood New 30g Grey Thermal Grease Paste Compound Silicone For CPU Heatsink Heat Sink
Offered by WellGoal
Price: $2.25
12 used & new from $1.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Waiting...., November 24, 2013
5 weeks waiting for it now. I'll change the review once I get it, but even then it can never go over 3 stars due to shipping time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2014 11:06 AM PDT

Ryobi TSS100L Miter Saw Replacement Blade Bolt # 089100121156
Ryobi TSS100L Miter Saw Replacement Blade Bolt # 089100121156
Offered by Buckeye Tool Supply
Price: $6.97
2 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ryobi Saw part, November 14, 2013
Although this isn't the right size for my saw, I must say that this would likely fit the Ryobi saw perfectly.

ARIIC® New Wireless 2.4G Ergonomic Vertical Optical Mouse Wrist Pain Comfort FUSHIA

3.0 out of 5 stars Close, but still not there., November 4, 2013
I'm pretty picky about my mice. I've used some real cheapies, and some pretty spendy units (not all owned by me). The best traditional mouse I've used is a Logitech Performance MX. It's nicely sculpted, but still a bit on the small side. The best pointing device? Logitech m570 trackball.

I thought this might be a winner based on some reviews, but it too is a bit small. In fact, The two small fingers just drag around on the desk... this is a three fingered mouse (if you count the thumb as one). The buttons are mushy, they don't click well. The usb nano-stick feels like it's coming apart inside (some cyano-glue will fix it, I hope) However, it does track quite well through a glass desktop, even without being a more expensive blue light mouse.

What's wrong?

It's close... oh so close. Just move the two finger switches up the unit about 1 inch. put a little bit of a sculpted rest area for the pinky finger and it's much more usable. But then, there are two buttons for the thumb to operate. They're useless. First, almost nobody uses them. Second, those that do, wouldn't use these. I have to fully let go of my grip on this mouse to use them, balancing the grip of the mouse with my pinky on the other side... which is partially trying to depress the right mouse button now. (sculpted pinky area anyone?) If you must keep these buttons, move them up on the shaft so the index finger can operate them. (see how the m570 does it.) Last, that shaft should come out over the thumb a bit more, and a little bit over the index finger. If you're going to sculp something, then do it. Engulf the fingers. Don't go halfway. Which is what this mouse is...

A halfway decent mouse. three stars for the effort.

And I didn't even get to pick the color. So I got the pinkish purple one.

2 x Gold Stars 13830070-02 LED Long-neck Reading Light 1383/1156 Base 150 Lums 12v or 24v Natural White
Offered by Smart Camping World
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good brightness and spread., October 27, 2013
This light has a good brightness and light spread for reading. No hot spots or edges where the light falls off quickly.

They are a bit longer than I thought they would be, and poke out of my reading lamps in the camper about 1/2 inch or so. For that matter, I wish I'd have bought some shorter ones, but that's my fault, not the light's fault.

Glade Sense and Spray Starter, Cashmere Woods, 0.43 Ounce
Glade Sense and Spray Starter, Cashmere Woods, 0.43 Ounce
Price: $7.42
6 used & new from $7.42

1.0 out of 5 stars Senses and sprays, and sprays, and sprays, ad nauseum, literally., October 27, 2013
The premise of this little item is that it will sense your presence, spray a little burst in the air, and then 20 minutes later it will do it again if it again senses your presence. You can press a button during that 20 minutes to get an additional burst if you want it.

It appears I'm in the minority, with a defective unit. It sprays, then 5 sec later it sprays again. (Cue up "The Highwaymen") And again, and again, and again and again... after 6 bursts I attempted to stop it by getting the batteries out. After 8 bursts the batteries were out and the apple cinnamon in the air was palpable. One spray is ok, but 8 is nauseating. I don't think an automatic air freshener should make the air nauseating. That is why there is a 1 star review.

Aside from that, it would be great if there were a tiny beep about 1 second before it sprays so that you can be sure to point it away from the eyes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4