Profile for Cyrus Webb > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 547

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cyrus Webb "Conversations Book Club" RSS Feed (Jackson, MS)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
MY STRENGTH: (The book of poems to get through any day!)
MY STRENGTH: (The book of poems to get through any day!)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Debra George's MY STRENGTH delivers a message that all of us can benefit from, September 22, 2014
It has been my experience that life is so much better when we feel as though others understand who we are and what we are going through.

In MY STRENGTH Debra George affirms that and encourages the reader to remember that no matter what your challenge might be realize that you can and will get through it if you don't give up.

The message is delivered in such a way that it is easy to follow along and get lost in, and though it acknowledges the negativity that exists around us, it encourages us to rise above it.

The book's title is appropriate for many reasons. 1) If we rely just on ourselves we are doomed to fail. Once we realize the importance and power of our Creator we are able to realize that nothing is impossible. 2) I'm reminded of the saying "There is strength in numbers", and Debra conjures up that thought in her book.

Definitely something that will inspire you and give you that push to face life more boldly, MY STRENGTH delivers a timely message we can all benefit from.

InterDesign Med Plus Dental Center, Clear
InterDesign Med Plus Dental Center, Clear
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars InterDesign's Dental Center might be perfect for the bathroom but is of great use in the home office as well., September 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received InterDesign's dental center in exchange for an honest review, and I can honestly say it is a great addition to your bathroom.

After getting one, I decided to purchase one for myself as well. The first one I used to hold my two toothbrushes and toothpaste with no problem, the clear design helping it to fit in anywhere. The second one I am using for my desk, holding pencils, pens and even white-out.

The artsy types as well as though who are just looking for something great for the bathroom will all find some purpose for this product. Thankfully it's at a price point that is great for any budget.

LJY E27 7w PIR Infrared Motion Detection Sensor & Light Sensor LED High Performance Energy Saving White Light Bulb
Offered by LJYLED
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mudder's E27 Light Bulb is a perfect addition to your home or office, September 20, 2014
The great thing about Mudder's E27 lightbulbs is that though it is heavier than your standard bulb it puts out an amazing amount of light and is cool to the touch. This makes it great for homes with children,and of course anyone who is tired of burning their hands when it comes to changing bulbs out.

To mirror some of the other reviewers I must admit that I tried the light on my front porch, kitchen and dining room---and it stayed on all the time. This would not be an issue for me, but I can see where some expecting the motion detection aspect would be disappointed.

Attractive and ready to go, these bulbs are definitely a great addition to any home or office.

Attmu Premium Quality Chalkboard Labels - 48 Pack Chalkboard Stickers - 8 Fantastic Designs, All 3.5" X 2". Quality Matte Finish, Self-adhesive Backing That Stays in Place Yet Is Easily Removable! Perfect for Labelling Jars, Bottles, Pantry Items, Folders & Many Items Around Your Home! Brilliant Colorful Results Using Liquid Chalk Markers or Traditional Chalk. Easily Movable Chalk Labels That Erase Easily!
Offered by Attmu Group
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Attmu's labels are fun to design, easy to use and fits most needs, September 20, 2014
Attmu has made some amazing products that I've had the pleasure of using in the past, and when I heard about their chalkboard labels, I knew it was something I wanted to try.

Coupled with my liquid chalk markers they are able to be written on easily and without much hassle. I used the labels to mark my art supplies, and because they come in various shapes you can be unique in their usage.

No matter if you need them for your arts and crafts or labeling products in your own home, Attmu has given you a product that is sure to fit your needs.

Harold Import 91019 CITRUS APPEAL
Harold Import 91019 CITRUS APPEAL
Offered by HAPPY SALES
Price: $4.75
2 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Citrus Appeal's slicer is easy to use and works quick to help you peel with less hassle, September 20, 2014
This review is from: Harold Import 91019 CITRUS APPEAL
Never used one of these before, but I can say that Citrus Appeal's cutter is easy to use and gets the job done quickly.

Simply slip it on your finger, pierce the skin of your orange (that's all I've used it for so far) and peel!

Metric Conversion Chart Fridge Magnet 6" x 8" Includes Weight Conversion Chart, Measurement Conversion Chart, Liquid Conversion Chart and Temperature Conversion Chart
Offered by Muzitao
Price: $10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and accurate so far in my measurements, this conversion chart helps take the guesswork out of the kitchen, September 20, 2014
I got this conversion chart a couple of weeks ago in exchange for my honest review. I've only had to use it once since then but what I can say is that my measurements have been accurate and it has helped take the guesswork out of figuring out how much of xyz to use.

Kids No Tie Shoelaces (2 x Pairs) The Perfect Elastic Shoe Laces for School Uniforms (2 x Black Pairs)
Offered by Muzitao
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids No Tie Showlaces that work just right for adults as well, September 20, 2014
When I first heard of these no-tie shoelaces I thought they would be great for my nephew. Once I got a pair for a review I knew I wanted to keep them for myself.

The thing that makes them a keeper is how easy they are. They lace up like a regular pair of shoelaces but they are able to snap snugly and without much effort. Yes, I could have given them to my nephew, but at this price I can keep these and just get him his own.

How Do You Pray?: Inspiring Responses from Religious Leaders, Spiritual Guides, Healers, Activists and Other Lovers of Humanity
by Celeste Yacoboni
Price: $12.97
37 used & new from $8.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Celeste Yacoboni presents the multi-faceted answer to a question we should all ask of ourselves, September 18, 2014
How do you pray?

It is both a simple and profound question, and one that is sure to spark all kinds of responses and reflections. It is that question that Celeste Yacoboni was given 6 years ago, and the answers as found in her book HOW DO YOU PRAY? will both inspire and intrigue you.

I think for myself as a believer in one God who created all things and is in all things, the question and the answers show that we are all on a journey to recognize and appreciate something larger than ourselves and our circumstances. As I was going through the book I came to better realize that no matter where you are from or what your thoughts are about the Divine there is a sincere longing to be heard and recognized that we all share.

The book also helps us to understand and appreciate that we should be careful putting strict limitations on what prayer is and isn't. For the contributors of the book it is about coming as they are---in the best way they know how---and feeling as though that is enough. And it can be enough.

The important thing for me is to understand the importance of prayer, recognizing its value and appreciating what it offers us all.

If you are looking for a reason to live your life as a daily thank you then this book will steer you in the right direction.

Even a Man Can Have a Broken Heart
Even a Man Can Have a Broken Heart
by Mary E. Gilder
Price: $13.49
11 used & new from $9.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary E. Gilder uses her gift of reaching the heart with new book on love and relationships, September 18, 2014
If there is one thing I have learned in my life it is that there is no one way of judging every situation. Individuals, like everything else, are different, reacting to people, places and things based on their experiences. Women are normally thought to be the "emotional ones" when it comes to relationships, but Mary E. Gilder's new book EVEN A MAN CAN HAVE A BROKEN HEART shows that men have the capacity to love, hurt and deal with the aftermath of both in their own ways.

True to Mary's style, the book is really a conversation: first sharing the thoughts of women based on their past relationships and interactions with men in their lives and then in-depth discussions with five men about their own experiences. What you glean from it all is the universal truth that when it comes to trust, love and all that relationships entail it is a choice whether we can move past one experience and begin anew or judge everything by that bad encounter.

If you choose to think that all women (or men) or bad because of a bad experience, then you are definitely closing the door on what can be happiness in the future. If you are willing to open yourself up to new possibilities and not make others pay for the mistakes of some, then you will be in a better position to find something that is meant to last.

Definitely a book that will serve as a true conversation pieces for both sexes, EVEN A MAN CAN HAVE A BROKEN HEART adds another layer to an important topic.

Love Cycles: The Five Essential Stages of Lasting Love
Love Cycles: The Five Essential Stages of Lasting Love
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Linda Carroll's LOVE CYCLES supplies the tools needed to better navigate through life and love, September 17, 2014
Love. It's something that we all do in one way or another, whether it is in a intimate relationship with that special someone or the kind of relationships we form with family and friends. Experience shows us that just as we love differently we react to those we say we love differently. We go through cycles. I have in the past called these "seasons", but in Linda Carroll's new book LOVE CYCLES she helps us to see how our relationships go through various phases throughout our lives, and how we react to those phases or cycles have a lot to do with the kind of happiness we have.

"Learning to love well is the crowning achievement of life," Carroll writes, and I must say I agree. What I gleaned from her book is that we have to realize what we want and what works for us, and not allow our past experiences or history to keep us from enjoying all that love has to offer.

This isn't always easy, but it is necessary if we are going to find the fulfillment we want. Don't think your relationship or experience has to look like others that you know. This is about YOU, and when you are able to appreciate that then it changes not just how you look at what's possible for you when it comes to love, happiness and lasting relationships----it changes every aspect of your life.

Deeply personal and powerfully delivered, LOVE CYCLES gives us the tools needed to better understand ourselves and others.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20