Profile for Cyrus Webb > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 460

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cyrus Webb "Conversations Book Club" RSS Feed (Jackson, MS)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InterDesign Forma Constant Tension Curtain Rod, 52-Inch to 90-Inch
InterDesign Forma Constant Tension Curtain Rod, 52-Inch to 90-Inch
Offered by DecorWNN
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars InterDesign curtain rod is attractive, installs easily and perfect for any bathroom, December 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A great shower rod is one that is easy to install, you don't have to worry about rusting and stays in place. The InterDesign tension rod is perfect for any home.

This one went in my mom's bathroom, and the instructions made it a snap to install. All you do is measure the spot that you're putting the rod, using the actual rod as a guide, add a few inches to give you the space you need to insert the rod again the wall, tighten and then snap in! It's really just that easy.

The rod is sturdy and attractive. The only thing left is to add your curtain and you're good to go. Definitely fits with any decor. You can't go wrong with this one.

Behind the Badge: A Policeman's Legacy
Behind the Badge: A Policeman's Legacy
by Michael Cover
Price: $14.90
22 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Author Michael Cover discusses the real life of those who swear to protect and serve, December 18, 2014
I have to say that I have been looking for a book like BEHIND THE BADGE, something that gives us the perspective of the officer: something that is sometimes missing when we hear about various incidents that occur. Kudos to Michael Cover for reflecting on his many years in law enforcement and sharing with the world why the majority of police officers are doing what they can to protect and serve their various communities.

Taking us on the road and into homes along with him, Cover allows us to see that when it comes to the law no one is above it, regardless of who they are and where they may come from. He shares examples of individuals that might not fit the traditional persona of a criminal, but that is exactly what they are.

I also loved the fact that Cover mentions that no one is perfect, and the majority of cops are trying to do the best they can. There will be some bad apples as in any profession, but they will be held accountable. I think the larger picture is that there are individuals who are willing to put it all on the line for their fellow man and woman and we are better off because of them.

Definitely a book that is needed considering the amount of attention on law enforcement nowadays, BEHIND THE BADGE showcases the good guys that are out there to protect and serve.

Attmu Waterproof Pouch with Waist Strap Protects Personal Items from Water
Attmu Waterproof Pouch with Waist Strap Protects Personal Items from Water
Offered by Attmu Group
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Attmu has created another product that guys and ladies can use effectively, December 17, 2014
I'm really not the fanny-pack type of guy, but when you are on the move you need something that can hold your important items and protect them while you are out and about. With this in mind Attmu has created an adjustable waterproof pouch that holds your items and keeps them safe.

As you can see in my pictures I used it with my keys, wallet and phone, but there is definitely room for more items, so if you need a place to put a few snacks while out this should work just fine for it as well. The major pluses for me personally was the color (blue), the adjustable wait strap. (I'm a size 34, but it will adjust to fit a larger person as well) and the fact that the top of the pouch has a ziplock and then rolls down before you secure it with the velcro. This definitely guarantees that water won't be able to enter, ruining your items.

Definitely something to help you product your valuables easily, I give this product by Attmu 5 stars plus.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ozera Nonstick Metallic Cake Bakeware 24 Cups Mini Muffin Pan, 2 Piece
Ozera Nonstick Metallic Cake Bakeware 24 Cups Mini Muffin Pan, 2 Piece
Offered by Ozera
Price: $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ozera's nonstick mini muffin pans are great for your cooking projects and for sharing, December 17, 2014
One thing that I got from my mother and grandmother was the joy of cooking and sharing, so when I got the mini muffin pans by Ozera (there were 2) I knew I wanted to share one with my mom.

The pans are just the right size to create the perfect muffins: I made blueberry muffins and my mom made what is a family favorite: her cornbread. I did spray my pan with Pam cooking spray (honestly not sure what my mom used), but the end result for both of us were great muffins with very little effort to clean up.

My brother was interested in the size of the muffins, so I did take the time to measure them. You're looking at about 2 inches wide and a little over a half an inch deep. I think he wanted to know because after eating 4 of the blueberry muffins he was feeling a little guilty and wanted to know the equivalent of how many regular size muffins he had consumed.

Again, great product and just the right size that you don't mind sharing. (I received my pans in exchange for an honest review.)

Expectant Parents: Preparing Together for the Journey of Parenthood
Expectant Parents: Preparing Together for the Journey of Parenthood
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Powerful EXPECTANT PARENTS by Suzanne Hadley Gosselin gives expecting parents hope, December 16, 2014
Those who read my reviews on a regular basis know that I don't have children of my own, but each year on the radio I talk with hundreds of individuals---men and women---who are trying to balance relationships and life and the new addition to the family. It can be a lot for anyone, but thanks to Suzanne Hadley Gosselin and her book EXPECTANT PARENTS you realize you don't have to go through it by yourself.

The book allows you to realize that for one thing you aren't expected to do everything right. There are going to be challenges you face in your relationship and as a parent that are not going to always be easy---but it can be manageable. Drawing on her own experiences and those she has encountered Suzanne allows you to see that you can make the necessary adjustments and thrive, but it is a daily process.

One of the things that will help is not forgetting that you are not going through this process alone. There are others that know exactly what you are going through and they are proof that you can come out on the other side. There is also your faith, something that you can lean on to guide you in the right direction and help you keep the right perspective.

In the end EXPECTANT PARENTS encourages you to enjoy this experience and the life that it is bringing into the world. If you can focus on those blessings the rest will take care of itself.

Gorilla Convict
Gorilla Convict
Price: $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Seth Ferranti delivers a glimpse into the real life of many behind bars with GORILLA CONVICT, December 16, 2014
This review is from: Gorilla Convict (Kindle Edition)
Sometimes it takes something so deep and dark to really shake us and remind us that everything is not always as it seems. Sometimes we need something that reminds us that beyond the world that we see there is a world that is a reality for so many that they have their own code, their own laws and their own understanding of what it means to survive. That world is what Seth Ferranti shares with us in GORILLA CONVICT.

We are able to learn not just about what led Seth down a path that landed him a twenty-plus year sentence but how so much of what is glamorized in pop culture and entertainment is real life for so many. Seth takes us behind the infamous names and allows us to know their stories. He also gives us insight into the gang and prison cultures that many of us never even imagined was possible. This is not a fairy tale, it is the lives of individuals who made choices and shows how (unfairly or not) the legal system deals with them and what happens afterwards.

There is also a glimpse into the life after prison: stories of individuals in the music and literary worlds who have found success beyond the bars and even some (like Seth was able to do) who are still inside but are so much bigger than the cell that may house them.

Definitely a book that delivers the truth of a life that some may talk about but never know, GORILLA CONVICT gives you insight into the prison culture and the people bound by it.

Redwood
Redwood
by A. Rod Womack
Price: $17.06
13 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A. Rod Womack manages to entertain and inspire with his history of REDWOOD, December 16, 2014
This review is from: Redwood (Paperback)
When it comes to making your mark in the world there are going to be things that challenge you, but when you have a determination that refuses to stop like A. Rod Womack you use every challenge as a lesson. That is just one of the aspects of the book REDWOOD that readers will take away from it.

Though you might not have ever stepped into the establishment yourself, Womack makes you feel as though you are intimately acquainted with it by the way he writes about its development, its growth and the setbacks that came. Along the way he had those who were invested in its success but also had his belief that as long as he was putting forth his best that things would work out.

There is also the reputation that the place developed, becoming a haven for the who's who of the entertainment industry, but this was all because of the work that Womack and others put in, and the way that they were able to make the needed adjustments when the time came.

Definitely a book that not just takes you into a historic treasure but also gives a snapshot into what it takes to win in life, REDWOOD delivers a story that is sure to entertain and inspire.

Your Simple Path: Find happiness in every step
Your Simple Path: Find happiness in every step
by Ian Tucker
Price: $9.41
51 used & new from $5.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Ian Tucker uses his own life lessons to show us the way to our own 'simple path', December 16, 2014
There are so many things in this world that bog us down and keep us from living authentically and happily. For Ian Tucker he was experiencing success but realized that there was so much more to life and why he was here. In the book YOUR SIMPLE PATH he shares some of those lessons and allows us to see how we can begin to use it along our own quest.

One of the big points that Ian makes is this: "What happens when you realise that there’s so much more to life than the job title, or the house that you live in, or the car that you drive, or the clothes that you wear, or even what other people think of you (especially what other people think of you)." This reminds us that it's not how others see us. It's all about how we see ourselves and who we are.

This means we have to be willing to let down our ego and really be honest with ourselves: who we are and where we want to go. Then there is this question that Ian poses: "Does your happiness depend on something that may or may not happen in the future?" If it does, he makes this jolting declaration: "If so, you are basing your peace of mind on absolute uncertainty, not a great platform or foundation for inner peace. It begins to sound like a lottery and we all know the odds on a lottery win!" This shows us that we have to be so careful where we put our trust and how we choose to live each day. It does no good to worry, because as Ian reminds us "worrying is like praying for something you don’t want."

We have to walk by faith and realize the possibilities ahead of us. If we are ready to bring peace and happiness into our worlds then we can truly find the simple path and follow it towards our destiny.

Okra 360° Degree Adjustable Rotating Headrest Car Seat Mount Holder For iPad, Samsung Galaxy,Motorola Xoom, And all Tablets Up To -10.1"
Offered by IBD Electronics
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Okra creates another product that is easy to install and great for the budget, December 16, 2014
Okra has created some amazing products that I have had the opportunity to use, and this adjustable placement for your tablet is one of them.

With the nephew riding in the backseat this is a great addition to the road trips we take and even the short trip to the store. I found the holder easy to install with every little effort, and as advertised it is able to turn as needed. Haven't had to take it off, but I'm sure it will be just as effortless as the installation.

For me the best part was that it was sturdy, so I don't have to worry about it falling apart while we are on the road----that is unless it gets a little "help" from the nephew. :-)

Great product and priced right so that it will be a great addition to any vehicle to install and enjoy.

Phantasmagoria (Mobsters, Monsters & Nazis Book 2)
Phantasmagoria (Mobsters, Monsters & Nazis Book 2)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Dan O'Brien continues the story of Derrick Diamond's adventures in PHANTASMAGORIA, December 15, 2014
In Book 2 of Dan O'Brien's MOBSTERS, MONSTERS & NAZIS series we are able to pick back up with Derrick Diamond and Ava as they try to discover what is going on and what the mysterious "object" might be. Their plans to get away are thwarted when Diamond realizes that he has company at his place. This leads them to a plan b and a chance to figure out their next move.

Meanwhile we are able to see that some testing is taking place that is sure to spell trouble for someone (or something), and this leads us to a twist in the story: an unexpected meeting with Diamond, Ava and someone who might have some answers. Is he an ally that can be trusted or does he have his ulterior motives? We'll have to wait to see what O'Brien has in store for us next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20