Profile for Cyrus Webb > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 448

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cyrus Webb "Conversations Book Club" RSS Feed (Jackson, MS)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Three More Words
Three More Words
by Ashley Rhodes-Courter
Price: $14.63
50 used & new from $6.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Ashley Rhodes-Courter's THREE MORE WORDS shows that love is meant to be shown as much as it is spoken, July 27, 2015
This review is from: Three More Words (Hardcover)
To say you love someone is one thing, but to show that love in every way is something that people will never forget. In the book THREE MORE WORDS we are able to see how Ashley Rhodes-Courter not just showed her love for others but how it drove her to do all she could to help those around her.

As someone who knew what it was like to feel forgotten or invisible, Ashley began to use her life as an example for others to show what was possible, and she began literally close to home. As we are able to see, however, through her relationship with her brother and even her son, that doesn't always prove to be enough. Ashley shares with the reader how she was able to get to a place where she loved herself and realized her value to allowing others to see their own worth. What a great example for all of us regardless of our background or situation.

This book really shows that talk is cheap. What matters in life is how you reach out to those in need and really show by example that you care. Ashley did it for those who were of her own blood as well as those in her care, showing us all how we can do the same.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Surenow Men's Front Tie Sports Pants Workout Pants Bike Pants Jammers Elastic waist Stretch for ease of movemen Professional design for bicycle sports Comfortable Flexible and Tight fitting
Offered by Surenow
Price: $23.96 - $26.98

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to be a little BRAVE to wear these running shorts, but I have to say I like them, July 27, 2015
Okay let me begin by saying that I was reluctant to post pics for this review, but I have to say the running shorts by Brave Person fit great and are perfect for jogging and I really enjoy wearing them.

Are they a little snug? Yes they are, but they are supposed to be. I wear some shorts on top of them when jogging outside of my own property, but other than that there is nothing to be uncomfortable about when wearing them. I like the way they fit, they have a draw string to make the fit even better, and as for them being a little revealing---well, I have seen worse.

I'd recommend these for sure, and I believe I will be adding more to my collection. Great product.

Still Fighting
Still Fighting
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brooke Adams reminds us to keep FIGHTING for what we know is right, July 25, 2015
This review is from: Still Fighting (MP3 Music)
Love this new single by Brooke Adams. Really inspires us to see how we can do more to change things for the better. Read my full review here: http://www.examiner.com/review/brooke-adams-shows-the-importance-of-fighting-spite-of-the-world-s-troubles

How Long Will They Take from Us
How Long Will They Take from Us
Price: $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Trevor McCullum shows the universal feelings we all experience in HOW LONG WILL THEY TAKE FROM US, July 25, 2015
It takes a lot of courage to share your truth with the world, but wordsmiths like Trevor McCullum do so because they know their words can touch the lives of people around the world. That is exactly what he has been able to do in the book HOW LONG WILL THEY TAKE FROM US.

There's a little bit of everything in this book. Trevor looks at himself and the idea of success and "making it" and addresses it in poems like HOW DARE I DREAM and INTRODUCING ME. "I was born in the world with God and me," he writes. "I'm leaving the world with God and me. Success is a door and I am a key. Life has a price and I paid the fee."

Trevor is also not afraid to talk about love and relationships. In the poem THAT ONE GIRL he writes this: "That One Girl I feel will always be there to support me. Even if all my dreams fail she'll pick me up and there she will be."

He also shows why so many guys don't like to open themselves up to girls, putting their feelings on the line. Opening themselves up to be reject or even deceived. In A FOOL'S LOVE he writes: "You gave me hope until you proved you were like the rest... But I ca't get you out of my head. Am I tripping? I use to promise that I don't need anybody. Am I slipping? I thought I found a diamond but I just found a rock. Something's missing..."

This is one of those books that shows the many facets of us all: the highs and lows, the good and the bad.

Definitely worth your time, HOW LONG WILL THEY TAKE FROM US allows you to see the universal feelings that we all experience.
Comment Comment | Permalink

EC Technology® Selfie Stick Ultra Compact Extendable for Self Portrait with Bluetooth Remote for iPhone 6 6 Plus 5 5s, Galaxy S6/S6 Edge S5, LG G4 G3, GoPro HERO 4 3 2 1 - Black
Offered by EC Technology US Store
Price: $40.99

3.0 out of 5 stars EC Technology has constructed a great selfie stick that isn't so great when it comes to familiarizing the user on how to use it, July 25, 2015
I really wanted to like this selfie stick by EC Technology, but I have to honestly say it is probably one of the most difficult ones I have reviewed.

It's constructed well, but the instructions leave much to be desired and it's not one of the easiest to adjust when you are preparing to take pictures. I did find the bluetooth feature to be easy to pair, but I just feel as though there isn't enough information provided either with the product or even their Amazon page to make it easy to operate and enjoy.

Because of the good construction of it and the ease of the bluetooth connection I am giving it 3 stars. If it wasn't for those 2 things I don't think I could honestly recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Five Star Binder, 1.5-Inch Capacity, 11.75 x 11.25 x 1.75 Inches, Blue Stripes (73223)
Price: $13.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Star once again lives up to its name with this binder, July 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You have to love a company like Mead/FIVE STAR that always create products that are durable, attractive and functional.

This binder is a perfect example. It holds the paper you need, comes with a great folder/divider that is plastic and can withstand the wear and hold documents in the front and back. Five Star thought of everything when it came to the design of this binder, making it perfect for the rough life that so often comes with school/office supplies---and the entire package is appealing to the eyes. You're not going to have to worry about tearing this binder or damaging it too much. It was built to be used and used often, and that's what you want when you are spending your money on supplies.

Another Lonely Day in California
Another Lonely Day in California
Price: $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Shanice gives us a reason to smile this summer with ANOTHER LONELY DAY IN CALIFORNIA, July 24, 2015
Shanice isn't just heating up the weekends on her hit show FLEX AND SHANICE on the Oprah Winfrey Network. She's also giving us some great music to make the summer a little more bearable. The single ANOTHER LONELY DAY IN CALIFORNIA is just the kind of single you would expect from the talented artist: lyrical, reflective and universal.

We've all been in that relationship that left us feeling alone and in many ways incomplete. "I cried so many tears at night," she sings, but it's obvious she has to move forward. "I gotta stay, trying to find my way... You can't have sunshine without the rain, so you just have to deal with the pain." This song reminds us that just because things might seem dark, we can't stay in that place. We have to keep pushing towards the light, no matter how difficult that might be.

"Pushing through is what I have to do," she affirms. "Can't let them darkness keep me in...I gotta start loving me cause now I'm free. I truly see who I can be." This means we can't define ourselves by others. We have to realize our own worth, no matter how much we have been hurt. That is what Shanice reminds us of, and it is a great thing to think about as we face our own challenges.

Kanrel Handmade Glass Water Bottle BPA Free & Eco Friendly with Silicone Sleeve (20 Ounce) Reusable, Leak Proof, Dishwasher Safe & Easy Clean - Best Large Designer Drinking Bottle, Ideal for Camping, Tennis, Kids, Travel, Sports, Gym, Yoga & Office
Offered by Kanrel
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kanrel's Glass Water Bottle is attractive, functional and ready to use, July 24, 2015
This is my first product by Kanrel to use, and I must say everything about it from the packaging to the actual glass bottle is attractive and completely functional---and isn't that what you want in any product?

The water bottle itself is great on a few levels. I haven't used a glass water bottle in a long time, and I like the fact that it is easy to fill, and carry and to pour out of. It's built to last, and you can tell that from not just the heaviness of the bottle but the design around it.

When it comes to Mississippi heat it is always great to keep some cold water nearby. This bottle allows you to either fill up the bottle and freeze it to take along with you or add some ice cubes to your water to keep it cold while on the go. However you choose to use it I don't think you can go wrong. If you take care of this bottle it will be with you for the long haul.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Crenova® High Pressure Garden Hose Nozzle Sprayer Car Wash Gun Fire Hose Nozzle 3/4 inch Designed for Car Washing, Garden/Lawn Watering, Room/Deck/Floor Cleaning, Putting out Fire in Emergency
Offered by Crenova Direct
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $8.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Crenova's Hose Nozzle is a great addition to your home or garden, July 23, 2015
This is my first product by Crenova to try, and I can say that it is great addition to your home when you have a lot of plants or garden to water as my family does.

You have to get a connector which mine didn't come with in order to operate it on your hose. They can be found pretty easily, but when I got mine in exchange for a review I wasn't aware that it didn't come with it. Once you connect the nozzle to the hose, however, it is pretty smooth sailing from there. As you can see from the photos you are able to adjust the water stream and pressure to the need, whether you are trying to water a large area or want to adjust it to a more singular focus.

Overall really nifty product and with our summers in Mississippi I will be using it daily on our yard and for our garden, definitely making the job of keeping everything watered and healthy a little easier.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Avery Pearlized Address Labels , 1 x 2-5/8 Inches, Pack of 24 Labels (41560)
Avery Pearlized Address Labels , 1 x 2-5/8 Inches, Pack of 24 Labels (41560)
Price: $11.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Avery's Pearlized Address Labels do a great job of making your gift items stand out, July 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You can NEVER go wrong with Avery Products, and these Pearlized Address Labels are another example of that.

They are a great size for labeling gifts either by hand or if you chose to print them out. In my demonstration I wrote by hand on the label and had very little problems with smearing. They go on gift bags with no problem, seeing that they have an adhesive back, and I think they are really an attractive design.

Looking for something to make your gift stand out among the rest, I think these would be a great fit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20