Profile for Cyrus Webb > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 432

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cyrus Webb "Conversations Book Club" RSS Feed (Jackson, MS)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hollywood Lost
Hollywood Lost
by Ace Collins
Price: $11.52
39 used & new from $6.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Author Ace Collins continues his winning streak with HOLLYWOOD LOST, June 3, 2015
This review is from: Hollywood Lost (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ace Collins is one of those storytellers you go to when you are looking not just for a great read but some great lessons as well.

In HOLLYWOOD LOST he continues that trend, delivering a book that allows us to see the early trapping of the bright lights and the celebrity life, and how easy it is to lose yourself along the way.

If you are looking for a story that is entertaining, thoughtful and has characters you will remember, HOLLYWOOD LOST should be on your reading list.

Those Secrets We Keep
Those Secrets We Keep
by Emily Liebert
Price: $10.78
39 used & new from $6.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Emily Liebert reminds us of the power of the truth in THOSE SECRETS WE KEEP., June 2, 2015
This review is from: Those Secrets We Keep (Paperback)
The amazing thing about secrets is that no matter how smart we think we are or clever we imagine ourselves to be, there is no getting around the truth. Sometimes it reveals itself in ways we could not have expected, and in author Emily Liebert's THOSE SECRETS WE KEEP we are giving three examples of this through the characters Georgina, Hillary and Sloane.

Lots to love about this book, but one of the big takeaway for all readers is that life doesn't care how much money you have, what family you come from or even how others might see you. Life happens, and it can be just as enjoyable and scary for you as the next person. What matters is what you choose to do with the twists and turns that it delivers.

For the character Hillary there are things in her world that she believes others will not understand. The funny thing is that Sloane and Georgina---as different as they might SEEM to be---know all too well what she is feeling.

The power of friendship is both explored and tested in this book that I believe men and women will both be able to see slivers of themselves in. THOSE SECRETS WE KEEP is a great reminder of the power of the truth to either brings us together or tear us apart. The choice is ours.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Farewell My Loves (Farewell Series) (Volume 1)
Farewell My Loves (Farewell Series) (Volume 1)
by Amber Farman
Price: $11.51
31 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Amber Farman's FAREWELL MY LOVES is about saying goodbye to life without regrets, June 1, 2015
I have to say that FAREWELL MY LOVES by author Amber Farman is nothing like I expected. In fact, I would say it is better.

She is able to take you into these characters that are so well developed and so US---that the reader can't help but to put themselves in the various situations, feeling what they feel and having to consider what they would do in each circumstance.

Meredith Matthews is the principal character initially, and the authors allows us to see how her life unfolded after some devestating news. Along the journey is her family and her desire to make sure they are cared for, but when Clare enters the picture no one could have expected what happens next.

This book is all about living life and being able to love life, even when it takes us down a path we weren't expecting. It is also about trusting yourself to do what is right, even when you're not entirely sure what that might be.

If you are looking for a book that is sure to push you out of your comfort zone and engage you along the way then FAREWELL MY LOVES is for you.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Spiral Notebook: The Aurora Theater Shooter and the Epidemic of Mass Violence Committed by American Youth
by Stephen Singular
Price: $19.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephen and Joyce Singular deliver a sobering profile in THE SPIRAL NOTEBOOK, June 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book is powerful on several layers. One because it looks at the tragedy that took place in Aurora and those individuals impacted by it, but also makes us reflect on all of the tragedies we have been seeing around the country and the world that have been committed by young people---and why.

For Stephen and Joyce Singular this book and its message had special significance because as they looked at their own son they realized that tragedy could strike any time, and when their son told them they just didn't "get it" when it came to what young people today are facing, it made them want to better understand.

That is what makes THE SPIRAL NOTEBOOK so powerful. It allows us to see the havoc that is wreaked on communities and the lives that are changed forever, but also at the individuals who are causing the havoc and why? What makes some people snap? Why is violence against others seen as the answer? What can we do to show alternative ways of dealing with life's problems and allow others to get the help they might need? All of these questions are brought to the fore, and I think readers of the book will see just how we all have a role to play in making sure people are having their thoughts and feelings validated---and their voices heard.

Sobering yet necessary, THE SPIRAL NOTEBOOK is one of the conversation pieces we can all benefit from today.

Naked in the Woods: My Unexpected Years in a Hippie Commune
Naked in the Woods: My Unexpected Years in a Hippie Commune
by Margaret Grundstein
Price: $16.70
18 used & new from $12.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Margaret Grundstein journey to being NAKED IN THE WOODS reveals how we can strip off the unnecessary in our lives, June 1, 2015
When we think of the word "naked" there are so many directions we can be taken into. What I thought was so interesting about Margaret Grunstein's book NAKED IN THE WOODS is that it probably includes every use of the word you could imagine---but the most important one is the unveiling and the freeness that comes from understanding yourself and being comfortable in your own skin.

The woman who wrote this book has come a long way from the photograph we see on the cover, but her lessons and adventures are all part of the puzzle that make up not just her but people of so many different generations. Margaret has been able to take her experience of living on the land and trying to enjoy a simple way of life and showed that no matter where we are there are issues that have to be dealt with and circumstances that can either shape us or destroy us.

She was able to enjoy some peace along the way, but there was a price for a "simpler" life that many of us can easily relate to. She had to understand her own value and worth and realize what was really important. So do we all.

Yes NAKED IN THE WOODS for its sensational title is really about stripping off all that tries to hold you back or keep you down and realizing that freedom can be yours if you choose to pursue it.

Love Me Back
Love Me Back
Offered by Short-form Videos
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenny Lattimore's LOVE ME BACK reminds us LOVE is a two-way street, May 31, 2015
This review is from: Love Me Back
The man that continues to speak to the hearts of women and the minds of men is bringing his signature soul to 2015 with his single LOVE ME BACK.

"What a good feeling," Kenny sings, "to know that I got someone so perfect. It's like paradise... So let go of your worries tonight."

This is the song that reminds us guys that there are women out there that can love and appreciate us---but we have to be that man that is showing he is there for them. For the ladies the reminder is there that not all men are created equal, and though you might have gotten some rotten apples there are a good ones out there.

"With you is something I will never regret," he sings. "I'll cherish every moment in my heart." Ladies when a man tells you that you're "the only one" on his mind--and he is showing you that it's true---respect that and know you can trust it.

Telling a love story in song as very few can, Kenny Lattimore's LOVE ME BACK reminds us that love is a two-way street

Galaxy S6 Wallet Case - Q Card Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 by CM4 - Ultra Slim Protective *Kickstand* Credit Card Carrying Case (Black Onyx)
Price: $31.99
3 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wallet Case definitely makes it easy to carry the essentials while on the go, May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
CM4 has created a case that is slick, stylish and highly functional.

I love the fact that you can carry your cards safely (and snugly inside) along with a few bucks if needed. It's great to be able to eliminate clutter when you are on the go for a run or jog. This way you don't have to worry about carrying too much or worse leaving something behind.

The case is something you will enjoy for the protection of your phone as well as your cards. You can't ask for more than that.

Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Titan Hero Tech Captain America 12 Inch Figure
Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Titan Hero Tech Captain America 12 Inch Figure
Price: $17.59
31 used & new from $17.59

5.0 out of 5 stars This Captain America by Hasbro is sure to cause a fight in your home. Prepare yourself. :-), May 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay let me just say my INTENT was to get this Captain America for my nephew once I reviewed it. Now though that I have had a chance to play with it and see all the great features we have a little bit of a problem. I want it!

This is a great product, not just because it is bigger than I expected (as you can see from my photo it is 12 inches tall), but because of the various audible messages that it is able to say. The arms move so you can attach Captain America's shield to him, and then he is ready for battle!

Love the detail on the figure and the fact that it is a great standalone as well for display.

I love my nephew, but we might just have to share this one. If I am having this dilemma than I am sure other dads and uncles will find themselves facing the same problem. Great product!

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Tablet
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Tablet
Price: $14.99
9 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh and Learn brings fun and excitement to learning, May 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Laugh & Learn is a great tool literally right out of the box. Just select your level press a letter or button and you are on your way.

Lots to love about this. It has the great sound effects to help you identify animals, it allows you to press a button and says what letter you have pressed and on the advanced levels it will even ask YOU where is letter or that letter.

It also congrats the child, giving them that motivation and inspiration to keep trying, even if they get something wrong along the way. This makes learning fun, and there is nothing better than that.

Definitely something that will be used often for young children at home or even great for the classroom.

And still I Smile: an Optimistic Guide to Life, Fitness and Higher Learning
And still I Smile: an Optimistic Guide to Life, Fitness and Higher Learning
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Leigh Hickombottom's AND STILL I SMILE reminds us that with faith and hard work nothing is impossible., May 28, 2015
What Leigh Hickombottom has done in her book AND STILL I SMILE is show us all regardless of where we live, how we see ourselves or what we have been told that better is possible if we are willing to work on it.

Her book is about her life and the journey to being her best self, and she is able to share that with us in a way that is not just inspiring but motivational, too. We're able to see that if Leigh can come through her challenges and prosper then the same is possible for us. I really liked how she tells the reader that what we have seen of her before this book is only part of the story. What we don't know until we hear her story or read it is that none of this came easy. It's not just about looking good. It's about feeling good about yourself and knowing that you can be better and deserve better.

This means you have to be willing to invest in yourself. Don't hold back in allowing your light to shine through. Strive daily to be the person you were destined to be and there is no reason why you can't smile even when things don't always go your way.

If you are looking for something that will push you closer towards the finish line then this is it. AND STILL I SMILE delivers the assurance that with faith and hard work nothing is impossible.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20