ARRAY(0xa6c5d648)

Customer Reviews: 287

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elderbear RSS Feed (Loma Linda, Aztlan)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hypnotic Gems Materials: 1lb Bulk Tumbled Rose Quartz Stones from Brazil - Natural Polished Gemstone Supplies for Wicca, Reiki, and Energy Crystal Healing *Wholesale Lot*
Offered by Hypnotic Gems
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice stones, April 5, 2014
Nice stones, smoothly polished, rich pastel rose shades. These goods were as advertised. I would buy again if I have need in the future.

LG BD670 3D Wireless Network Blu-ray Disc Player with Smart TV
LG BD670 3D Wireless Network Blu-ray Disc Player with Smart TV

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, December 21, 2013
It took too many firmware upgrades for it to begin to work decently with Amazon, Netflix, Youtube, etc. It was a horrible dog until the latest upgrade, often having a response time lag to the remote buttons exceeding 10 seconds. My internet connection (and I'm running it over ethernet, not wired) is a symmetric 5 MBPS. It's not net lag. The built-in firmware was TERRIBLY inefficient. (When I was a computer engineer, I would have fired anybody who created software this bad. Seriously, it's like they wrote the code in Python, than tried to run it on an 8-bit microcontroller!)

Finally, it is adequately responsive. I can use it and no longer need to exert serious will-power to keep from cussing all the time. But it should have been released like this.

Bad LG. No banana.

Yosemite New Novelty Tie
Yosemite New Novelty Tie
Offered by Ties For Men
Price: $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, December 21, 2013
This review is from: Yosemite New Novelty Tie (Apparel)
Nothing subtle about these colors. Nothing. I get comments on this when I wear it to work. Bright colors, Yosemite Valley, what more could you want?

I wish it were silk, and that it could be tied in a full windsor knot (the material is too thick and the tie is too wide--unless you like a short tie with a thick knot, in which case, this tie is perfect).

It gives a reasonable caricature of a few of the main geological features along with a modest interpretive & somewhat schematic sketch of the rivers and trees within the valley.

If you want a tie more true to an Ansel Adams photo, this will grossly disappoint you. But if you embrace color, verve, and interpretation, seek no further!

Offered by Topline Retail
Price: $7.50
5 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your DSLR safely attached to your backpack and ready to shoot, July 1, 2013
The OP/TECH USA System Connector - Reporter/Backpack are at the heart of a great system for carrying a DSLR with a backpack. They attach to the pack's shoulder straps. They are reasonably constructed for average circumstances.

I bought this set to take a Nikon D70s on day hiking trips in the local mountains. Other reviewers had remarked about the plastic snaps used to attach these to the pack straps. I took no chances and ordered a pack of Grimlocs (Military Carabiner Grimloc D-Ring Vest Backpack Keychain Clip Snap Foliage Green (Lot of 4)), which are more than enough to support a DSLR in suspect terrain. I sheltered the camera with a Nikon 18 - 70mm zoom in a Case Logic SHC-101-BK DSLR Day Holster - Black.

The shakedown hike was longer than expected, 11.6 miles/2,600 feet of vertical gain, mostly cross country, using some abandoned roads. It ranged from "jaunt in the country" to "OMG!!! Why am I doing this?!?" The straps on this are short enough that the camera did not bounce, yet long enough (just barely) to shoot both portrait and landscape modes. I'm 5' 8" -- if you're much taller than I am, you will probably want longer straps than these.

I also got an OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling (Black) which is compatible with this system, allowing me to carry the camera around my neck when not wearing the pack.

If one wanted to, they could rig something similar with straps and fasteners and grimlocs. I didn't want to wait for enough time to DIY.

Highly recommended. With this system in place, it was easier and faster to grab the DSLR and start shooting than to grab the point and shoot out of my vest pocket.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2013 3:55 PM PDT

OP/TECH USA System Connector - Reporter/Backpack
OP/TECH USA System Connector - Reporter/Backpack
Price: $8.95
11 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done--at the heart of a carrying system, July 1, 2013

SANOXY® 7" Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard - Black Faux Leather Carrying Case
SANOXY® 7" Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard - Black Faux Leather Carrying Case
Offered by PacificExpress
Price: $7.57
105 used & new from $5.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless and Dangerous, March 28, 2013
I should have known ... you get what you pay for. I should have known what to look for in the pictures ... WAIT!!! The pictures do not depict what I actually got!

1) DROP HAZARD: If you only ever carry your tablet in landscape mode, this should protect it well enough. I'm not that consistent. When I placed it in portrait mode and gave it a little shake, my Nexus 7 fell out ... onto a pillow 6" below. I would NEVER entrust a piece of valuable electronics to a case that will let it drop. Ever!

2) No manual. Nada. Nil. Zip. This is significant since it is apparently necessary to change some settings on your table for the keyboard to work.

3) The keyboard has a standard A USB plug on it. I received also a cable that went from a USB-A receptacle to a USB mini-B plug. This is the type used on a lot of portable drives. The tablets and Android phones that I've seen (including my Nexus 7) all have a USB MICRO-B receptacle, so this cable is USELESS!!!

4) Regardless of what the pictures show, no additional adapters were included.

SAVE YOUR MONEY! If you want a protective case, then get one that will actually PROTECT your tablet. Otherwise, make sure you back up frequently and carry insurance against droppage.

I'm returning this item.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars What can one say about a bow tie?, March 23, 2013
This is exactly what you see. The tie can be resized for various neck sizes, just stick the little hook in the right hole. Tying a bow tie uses the same knot you use to tie your shoes. If you've never tied one before, check out some of the videos on the net. Between some nice written step-by-step guides and a couple of videos, I eventually figured it out. But I had to figure out that it was the same knot as for tying shoes.

It's a flashy tie, it's a Jerry tie, and if you wear it you can be one of Jerry's kids.

JG-1249 - Orange - Brown - Gold - Jerry Garcia Silk Necktie
JG-1249 - Orange - Brown - Gold - Jerry Garcia Silk Necktie

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Tie, March 23, 2013
It is as pictured. It's a nice tie.

I do miss the days when the manufacturer didn't find it necessary to put Jerry's signature on the FRONT of the tie, though. I had a few colleagues pick it out as a Garcia tie without looking at the fine print.

Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory (CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9)
Price: $45.99
35 used & new from $40.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, March 23, 2013
Corsair has a good name for computer accessories, but I've never tried their memory before. This had all the right numbers for my laptop. It installed easily (as memory should), and works fine. Nothing else to say ... unless it dies on me.
dI'm sure you can find cheaper memory--but I'm one for paying a little more for the chance of avoiding? system flakiness and/or failure. My time is worth vastly more than the difference between this and a cheaper brand. And is there a price that can be placed on peace of mind?

Studiohut Hot Shoe Three Axis Double Bubble Level
Studiohut Hot Shoe Three Axis Double Bubble Level
Offered by Studiohut
Price: $5.20
5 used & new from $4.88

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Does NOT fit on tripod head, January 19, 2013
Looks as if it might do what it says it does, but it does NOT fit on a tripod head as specified. It's not worth returning. I almost never use a camera with a hot shoe, so it is essentially useless for me. I'll toss it in my camera bag & on those rare occasions I'm shooting with film on my Nikon, it may be useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20