Profile for C. Williams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 246

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Williams RSS Feed (Northern California, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Legal Ease (Sutton Capital Series Book 1)
Legal Ease (Sutton Capital Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars marriage of convenience, predictable, but enjoyable, February 14, 2014
I really liked this book a lot, despite the fact that it was predictable. Still, totally enjoyable all the way. There's a bit of suspense in the story, and it added to the story to me.

The ending was a bit rushed for me, but overall, I totally enjoyed the book.

The Story:
Kelly Bradley is convinced she doesn't need to worry about falling in love when she comes up with her plan to marry Jack Sutton. She's dated so many great guys over the years, but hasn't fallen in love once. Not with any of them. It just isn't in the cards for her. So, when she approaches powerful, sexy Jack Sutton and proposes a temporary marriage-of-convenience, she's not one bit concerned that her heart will be on the line.

Jack Sutton is used to having control over things, having things go his way. Things in his life aren't supposed to spin out of control. But Kelly Bradley flips his world upside-down and has him wanting more than he'd ever thought he would have. And, just when he realizes he wants a real marriage with Kelly, Jack finds himself racing to save the woman he loves.

Gilding the Lily-pad (A Romantic Comedy)
Gilding the Lily-pad (A Romantic Comedy)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars love, love, love this book!, February 10, 2014
First, this book would be great on its own, without having read The Frog Prince. But I LOVED this - after having read that book a couple of years ago. I was reminded of just how funny Elle Lothlorien is. I laughed out loud several times, but most often just had a smile on my face. Although the story on its face is not believable, she manages to make me believe.

A couple of times I flipped back and forth between The Frog Prince and this book, just to remind myself what Leigh was thinking. These are books I will definitely read again.

Roman was awesome, Leigh was adorable. I can't wait to read The Frog King, to get more of them. Now I'm on to the other books by this author that I haven't read!

Starting Over (Choc Lit) (Middledip Book 1)
Starting Over (Choc Lit) (Middledip Book 1)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Sue Moorcroft, January 22, 2014
I really love Sue Moorcroft's books. This was not one of my favorites, simply because the heroine was so amazingly selfish.
Tess Riddell has a bad breakup and moves to the country to escape from her past. Miles Rattenbury’s is a charmer, and fixes up old cars for business and fun. When Tess crashes her car into his tow truck, they find that they’re nearly neighbors and form a friendship with Miles.

Miles is awesome, as are the supporting characters, her new friends in town. This is why I could not forgive Tess for her complete and utter selfishness. I can't say any more about that without spoiling, but let's just say that until that, I LOVED the story. Great little village, interesting characters, laughs and a sweet story. All good. Just not one of my favorite stories. Regardless, Sue Moorcroft remains at the top of my favorite author list.

Be Mine Forever (A St. Helena Vineyard Novel)
Be Mine Forever (A St. Helena Vineyard Novel)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved this book, January 22, 2014
This was the first book in this series that I have read, and now I want to go read all the others.

I loved the writing style, it was so easy to read. No irritating habits that stuck out and detracted, as sometimes happens. I loved the setting, the Napa Valley is a favorite area of mine, and I loved reading a story set there. The DeLuca family was sweet, and Grandma was a definite favorite.

Trey is the youngest of the DeLuca family, and carrying a load of guilt that keeps him from feeling comfortable with his family, and in St. Helena. Sara is a widow with a 5 yr old son Cooper, that has moved here from San Diego to start fresh. Trey is a charmer that doesn't expect to ever settle down, and Sara is just getting back into the dating pool again.

Although this is part of a series, it is definitely a stand alone. I highly recommend it for an easy, romantic read. I received an advance review copy of this book. So lucky, as I've now found an author to go to my auto buy list.

Finding Bliss
Finding Bliss

4.0 out of 5 stars liked it, but it could have been better, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Finding Bliss (Kindle Edition)
I gave 4 stars - because I liked it, and it was much better than just okay, but definitely not "I love it".
I really enjoyed reading this, although at times I was nearly in tears, it was so heart breaking. I could not put it down. The book kept my interest, right up to the end. At the end, I was left feeling that there should have been another 100 pages. A short novel works for simpler stories, but this was not simple. I needed more explanation of how Chloe and Tyler fell in love, which was glossed over, and then, how Chloe finally worked through the hard stuff she was faced with. The epilogue really left me wanting more explanation.

I enjoyed having Grace and her family back again, that was a bright spot in the novel for me.
I will move on to Kat Fight next, because I still love Dina Silver's writing, even though this book was less than wonderful for me.

Dirtbag Hybrid Footbag Assorted Colors 1ct
Dirtbag Hybrid Footbag Assorted Colors 1ct

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun!, January 16, 2014
My husband bought this for our granddaughter for Christmas. He recently taught her to play and wanted to make sure she had her own ball. It is well made and does the job.
Good times!

Law Man (The Dream Man Series)
Law Man (The Dream Man Series)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitch is a definite 10.5!, January 16, 2014
I totally loved this book. It is the first of Kristen Ashley books for me, but not my last. I love the hero, Mitch. Awesome guy. Mara was definitely messed up for a long time, but with her childhood, who could blame her. I liked the story, I loved the writing style. I had a few laugh out loud moments. Very clever writing.

One thing that I found a bit distracting was the missing words in most of the character's speech. For example:
"We still on for ...?" I would expect to be "Are we still on for...?"
"I make some calls, I ..." should be "If I make some calls, I ..."
Maybe that's a regional speech pattern that I am not used to, but it did distract me. Although, it didn't stop me from giving the book 5 stars, and it won't stop me from reading more from Kristen Ashley!

Great book, a bit thrilling (with both bad guys and sex) - and a sweet love story.

Cancelled (Love story from a male POV)
Cancelled (Love story from a male POV)

4.0 out of 5 stars not the ending you might want..., January 3, 2014
I enjoyed this book. I had read the reviews before I read the book, so I almost didn't read it. I'm glad I did. But having warning that the ending wasn't a "happy every after" in the traditional sense could have helped me enjoy it. I wasn't disappointed in the end at all, and I actually liked it.

The business talk didn't bother me. Seemed good since a good part of the story happens in the business setting.

I liked the Hero, liked the ending. Just go into it with your eyes open!

Lost and Found Groom, a western romance (A Place Called Home, Book 1)
Lost and Found Groom, a western romance (A Place Called Home, Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars didn't like the heroine at all, but the hero was great!, January 3, 2014
I liked this story. Daniel is a hot, hot hero - not only hot, but a great guy - what's not to love? I loved the descriptions of how he felt flying. The setting is Wyoming, small town. Seems believable. I liked the story line - they met, had an intense connection, and then were separated. She ends up pregnant, and though she tries to locate him, cannot. After 3 years, when he shows up ready to pick up where they left off, heroine is unwilling and afraid. I really got tired of all of Kendra's dithering, and the roadblocks she put up along the way. That all just left me cold. The people around Kendra added nicely to the story.

All in all, it is a well written book, and the biggest sticking point to me was the heroine. If she were toned down a bit I would have loved it.

Momentary Marriage
Momentary Marriage
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars okay, but not my favorite, December 10, 2013
I enjoyed this book pretty well, though honestly, I get a bit tired of miscommunication (not declaring your feelings) as a plot device. That along with the "I don't believe in true love" gets tiring too. This story had both of those.

Having said that, I enjoyed the story, which was really 2 stories - for both sisters. there was an absent father, which didn't add to the story for me. He had a pretty lame excuse in my opinion (though I don't know what is ever a good excuse!).

No outrageous errors, which can be very distracting.

All in all, an enjoyable read, but not one of my favorites.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20