Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for E. Ramclam > Reviews

Browse

E. Ramclam's Profile

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Ramclam RSS Feed (Los Angeles)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
BlockTile B0US4230 Garage Flooring Interlocking Tiles Coin Top Pack,  Black, 30-Pack
BlockTile B0US4230 Garage Flooring Interlocking Tiles Coin Top Pack, Black, 30-Pack
Price: $71.39
5 used & new from $60.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what I need this product to do, October 11, 2015
I used Block Tiles in my 1920s garage to place over dirt. I wasn't sure these would be fit to place over an uneven dirt floor but they definitely did the job and have been holding up really well. I'm very pleased with this product and wished I order more. A single box isn't enough for most garages so take that into consideration when making a purchase.

Griot's Garage 11145 Paint Cleaning Clay Kit
Griot's Garage 11145 Paint Cleaning Clay Kit
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Griot's Cleaning Clay Pros & Cons, October 11, 2015
I'm a weekend car care person who has tried the majority of car care products out there but I'm always open to trying new products to challenge their claims. This is my first time using Griot's Cleaning Clay Kit coming from using Mother's Clay kit as well as Meguiar's. I'll give you a pros and con list first and then some comparisons after.

Pros:
-Great Packaging - Speed Shine Bottle is pretty sturdy and produces a power amount of pressure when spraying. The Cleaning Clay comes in a roomy noxzema-like plastic jar with an easy to unscrew cap.

-Easy to use Mild Clay for beginners.

-Speed Shine used as clay bar lubricant or for exterior detailing. Also smells sweet and not like chemicals.

-Made in the USA

-Can be used multiple times on multiple vehicles

Cons:
-Clay Bar may be too mild for those who aren't aware of it. You may think the product isn't working but that's the nature of the product.
Gloves are definitely needed when holding, kneading and using the clay bar. It's much softer than other brand clay bars and has a tendency of sticking to your hands and leaving a very oily/sticky/weird residue. Your hands will smell like clay all day as a result of this.

-The Speed Shine Spray Bottle doesn't have a mist setting when adjusting the nozzle so every spray just launches a large amount of liquid inconsistently onto your cars surface. The liquid Speed Shine itself is a great lubricant but for some reason, it also leaves a streaky residue behind. I'm not sure if it's the clay that leaves this streaking residue or the combination of both the clay bar and the Speed Shine.

-The kit is much more expensive compared to the competition but you do get about doubled the clay and lubricant compared to the others.

Griot's Cleaning Clay does what's suppose to do, remove contaminants from your vehicle's surface leaving it clean, shiny and smooth to the touch. There's no doubt about it. The problem I have with this product is how it does it. Mothers & Meguiars don't have the issues that Griot's have and I believe people are ok with that. I'll continue using this product until I ready to purchase a new batch. I'll most likely go back to one of the other two.

The Hunting Party
The Hunting Party
Offered by Great Price Media
Price: $11.99
158 used & new from $1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you asked for. A+ Album, June 18, 2014
This review is from: The Hunting Party (Audio CD)
First things first, I really hope reviewers are taking the time to play this album several times over the course of a few days before they write their reviews and not throwing their hands up in the air after listening to it for the first time. It's a very difficult position to try and convince the world that an album is "good" or simply "bad" because listening to music and liking (or hating it) is very subjective: What I like may not be what you like.

I'm not a fan of comparing LP's albums with each other: It's like comparing your children/siblings or pets with each other and that's just not fair. The Hunting Party packs a punch that has not been felt in a very long time with it's raw sounding "garage-band-basement" guitar riffs, refreshing and catchy lyrics and head smashing drums which brings back memories of the late 90's.

The Hunting Party presents itself as if we're listening in on a slightly old home video playing in a jacked-up VCR that you have to constantly hit the tracking button on in order to correct the bad audio and static infested video. With interlude-like quickies of a little kid shouting "I'm not allowed to say certain things….. aaaaaaaaah!" in between "Keys to the Kingdom" and "All For Nothing" or hearing a father cheering for his kid to "run run run" as you hear the sound of an aluminum bat hitting a baseball during a little league baseball game on a warm Saturday afternoon. Paying attention to details like this is what dreams are made of when listening to an album more than once to catch these subtleties.

This album is an exploration of rock music and who better than LP to guide our ears through the lesson.

I believe fans who weren't in love with "Living Things" and "A Thousand Suns" will really enjoy The Hunting Party. It's filled with energy and is great for the morning commute to work or while completing a few laps around the block.

The track that I encourage everyone to listen to and listen to with the highest quality headphones you can afford is: "A Line in the Sand." The guitar rifts are the heaviest riffs you'll be able to squeeze out of LP. Mike's lyrics and vocals (though eerie) will echo in your mind (and heart) for hours until you go to sleep, and Chester's energetic vocals: I honestly feel that Chester saved his all for this song, can power a small town. So much power, punch, strength and emotion wrapped around this song. It's an extremely beautiful song that is difficult to describe but easy to listen to over and over again.

I'll save from reviewing every song because as I mentioned before, liking a song is subjective and I'll leave it to your ears to be the judge.

I'm glad LP has taken the path that they've taken and the stance to go with it. I've matured with them and can understand their decisions and reasoning. (It's like going to high school, college and grad school with these guys.)

I'm extremely proud of this band and proud to be a fan as they've accomplished so much throughout their career.

With that said, this is probably one of the best Linkin Park album in their catalog. The Hunting Party is proof that LP can do whatever the hell they want to do (create experimental albums, join Stone Temple Pilots, create video games, collaborate with Jay Z, help save Japan, the Phillipines, and Haiti, shake hands with President Clinton, release shoes, winter coats and art gallery shows, play festivals, win a few Grammy's and awards, perform with Paul McCartney, Help develop music software for the masses, direct short films and music videos, run a shop in Los Angeles, produce soundtracks for a motion picture and MTV Award Show, write for a magazine, design their own Transformer Figure, and… and… you catch my drift… and can still come back to what they are known for and still have the fans and following that they've acquired for over a decade and a half.

Buy this album!

PROS:
Nothing like this currently hitting the air-waves or wifi waves
Second LP album in 3 years (and worth the wait)
Great track lay-out from beginning to end
Quality, heavy story telling
Keeps you awake from beginning to end
Features rock professors Tom Morello, Daron Malakian, and that dude in the back of the classroom with the tight beats: Rakim

CONS:
Leaves you wanting more (also a PRO)
Too short (did I mention that I want more?)
This album does not include a behind the scenes dvd or link to a digital version (This is a HUGE CON for me.) Seeing how LP make their albums always allows me to enjoy their albums that much more.
This album has me missing their experimental album for some reason because I know it's done-for with this album.

Hot Wheels 2012 New Models #33 / 50 # 033 Subaru WRX STI Blue
Hot Wheels 2012 New Models #33 / 50 # 033 Subaru WRX STI Blue
Offered by iGifts4Us
Price: $14.44
4 used & new from $13.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Subaru Collectors, April 30, 2013
I own the real thing so it was a pleasant surprise to find a Hot Wheels equivalent at my local Tar'get store. It's a very nice mold for this year car. So far, I've seen this car is Red/burgundy and WR Blue. I've seen pictures of a third model color but have yet to find one in person. Overall, I'm very happy and pleased with this Hot Wheels car. It would be nice to see a version without all the decals and stickers. Just a plain-jane Subaru Sti in WR Blue.
Thanks Mattel.

Wasabi Power Battery for Canon LP-E6, LP-E6N and Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 5DS, EOS 5DS R, EOS 6D, EOS 7D, EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 60D, EOS 60Da, EOS 70D, XC10
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One Year Strong, March 13, 2013
I've been using Wasabi LP-E6 batteries in my Canon 5Dii & 7D with zero problems. I rotate them along with the two factory batteries that came with each camera. No problems to report. I now have a SmallHD field monitor which uses LP-E6 batteries so I plan on purchasing a handful more to pair up with my Monitor. The price is perfect and the quality has been holding up. Definitely recommend.

Kit Kat Easter Miniatures, Crisp Wafers in Milk Chocolate, 17.1-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best tasting chocolates., December 30, 2012
Easter Kit Kats. Shipment came in a box of 4 packs/bags which lasted about a week and a half in the office. People LOVE Kit Kats and this shipment proved it. Each bag tasted fresh. No melted chocolate or broken pieces. I'm extremely pleased with my order.

ePhoto 11 inch Friction Articulating DSLR Camera Rig Monitor LED Lights Magic Arm 11 inch ARM
Offered by ePhotoInc
Price: $17.80
3 used & new from $17.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Not built very well but does what it's suppose to do., December 30, 2012
Fortunately & Unfortunately my experience with articulating Friction arms comes from owning a 7-inch P&C branded arm that came with my Pico Dolly Mini Roller. ePhoto's locking mechanisming for their joints was a sprocket washer which is a huge no-no considering P&C using built-in/molded-in locking teeth on both sides of the joint. This may not seem like a big deal... just as long as the arm locks right? Not quite. The long term use of the locking washers will eventually fade, bend or warp. The metal/material used with Arm doesn't feel solid enough for what it should be used for. For $5 more, please consider the "P&C Pico Dolly 11" Articulating Arm" which you can also purchase through Amazon.

Twizzlers Easter Strawberry Twists, Snack Size, 10.24-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)
Twizzlers Easter Strawberry Twists, Snack Size, 10.24-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty little treats, December 30, 2012
Everyone knows what a Twizzler is. I ordered a box of 6 and these didn't last very long in the office. They tasted fresh through all 6 bags. Amazon delivered these very quickly. I still prefer Red Vines in general but I would never give up an offer for Twizzler Twists. Thanks Amazon.

NEW Photography & Cinema pistol grip handle FOR Digital DSLR Cameras
NEW Photography & Cinema pistol grip handle FOR Digital DSLR Cameras
Offered by Photo Smart
Price: $18.99
7 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, inexpensive, solid pistal grip, December 30, 2012
I bought this grip to mount my Canon 5D Mark II onto. When I first received my package and unwrapped the grip, I felt that there was no way this lightweight grip would be able to handle my 5Dii. Once I mounted everything together along with a 16-35L and a 580EX Speedlite, I was surprised that this grip held its own very well. It felt solid and comfortable and didn't feel like it would fall apart in my hands or endanger my precious 5Dii. The grip has a rubberized finished which helps with grip'page. The divots on the grip for your fingers are molded just about right for medium sized man-hands. Once a camera is mounted to the grip it becomes fairly difficult to unscrew it off your camera. This can be both a good thing and a bad thing. I haven't noticed any twisting or shifting while in use. The weight of the camera and lens provides the right amount of balance with this grip attached. I have yet to try a larger/heavier lens such as the 70-200L 2.8 to see if it becomes top heavy and off balance. Hand held footage is now smooth and slightly more stable. My set-up now reminds me of an old Bolex my father use to have back in the day.
To make things a little easier since I'm constantly switching back and forth from stills and video, I purchased a Manfrotto 323 RC2 Rapid Connect adapter which allows me to quickly release my camera from the Pistol Grip. Talk about a great gorilla set-up. This is such a great addition to any HD camera/camcorder and will better your footage taking abilities instantly. I highly recommend having one or two of these in your arsenal.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A great day backpack with some minor flaws, May 22, 2012
I've owned the Mountainsmith Spectrum for a week now and would like to share my first impression about it backpack.

I'm an amateur photographer/professional graphic designer who owns a fair share of camera bags from companies like Lowepro, Tamrac, and Crumpler. The Mountainsmith Spectrum is my first camera/laptop combo bag.
I've been carefully searching for the right bag that would allow me to carry my 15 inch 2010 Macbook Pro and a Canon 7D paired with a 16-35 L lens. My research stopped when I came across the Spectrum. I was in REI when I came across it. When I finally purchased the bag, the first thing I did was take everything out of my laptop bag and swapped it all into the Spectrum. Goodness! This bag has A LOT of room. In the top compartment, I was able to safely zip it up containing 4 portable hard drives, 2 Naked SSD drives, 7 USB & Firewire cables, Sony in ear headphones, (Small) Wacom tablet, 2 Kingston memory card readers, a GOPRO Hero 2, and a portable USB backup power with a lot more room to spare. My MBP slipped into the laptop compartment nice and snug (The WeatherProof zipper housing is an excellent touch).

Now, the camera compartment is where things get a little touchy and is probably why I'm not completely thrilled with this backpack.
The Camera compartment only seems to be able to hold my Canon 7D with 16-35L lens and 2 extra batteries.
I can't seem to fit anything else and probably wouldn't want to considering how stuffed the compartment is with the camera in. The padding pieces are very sturdy which makes me confident that they are doing their job to protect my camera. The Canon 7D is much smaller than my Canon 5D so I doubt I'll be able to fit it in the compartment.
This backpack wasn't purchased to fit my entire arsenal of camera goodies. I simply wanted a backpack combo where I can store my laptop and a single camera body and single lens and bring it to work with me everyday. The Spectrum definitely takes care of this.

I gave this product 4 stars because of the zipper area leading to the camera compartment. The way that the compartment is situated makes it very difficult to get the zipper opened and closed. It's like a tug-of-war battled each and every time I have to get in there. A nice little trick is to flip the zipper hood over itself, hold (with pressure) one end of the zipper mouth and zip away. I'm planning on ordering a battery grip for my 7D. I'll see if my camera will fit with in this compartment with it.

I decided to get the Spectrum over the Borealis because of size. The spectrum looks and feels like a backpack you would wear to school or on a short hike while the Borealis and the Parallax look like full on-set/shoot backpacks which I already own. I wanted something with a smaller footprint.

With this bag being only a week old, I understand that I need to spend more time with it and see if the zippers need to be worn in a bit. I'll update my review in anything changes.

All in all, this is a wonderful and comfy bag when it's full and on my back. I would definitely recommend it to someone who wants to carry around a day-shoot camera and their laptop+accessories.

Thanks for reading.