Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for CptOvaltine > Reviews

Browse

CptOvaltine's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CptOvaltine RSS Feed

SanDisk 32GB Class 4 Micro SDHC Memory Card, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDSDQ-032G-AFFP
Price: $12.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but frustration., January 19, 2014
First of all, I love SanDisk, I've always bought SanDisk, and will probably continue to buy SanDisk. However, I bought two of these cards for my Samsung Galaxy S3, and both times I inserted them, they worked great, I loaded music and movies onto them, and all was right with the world...for about two days. Then the phone says SD storage error, and asks me to format the card. So I click format, and it says error, checking SD card. After clicking ok, then it says blank SD card inserted, please format.

I figured I probably had a bad card, so I bought a replacement...only it did the same exact thing. Perhaps this is a problem with Samsung, or maybe I'm just really really unlucky, either way. It was a waste of time and money. Anyone using Samsung products, I would advise buying Samsung SD cards, I haven't had any problem with those.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2014 9:34 PM EST

Release The Panic
Release The Panic

2.0 out of 5 stars An...interesting step in what I think is the wrong direction., March 1, 2013
This review is from: Release The Panic (MP3 Music)
I've been a hardcore fan of this group since the first album. They had a unique sound, their songs were meaningful without being preachy, they had this awesome symphonic rock vibe going on and didn't seem to care who thought what about them. Now onto this album.

While the album isn't AWEFUL as far as rock is concerned, it is awful as far as Red is concerned. They have taken a much more "produced" approach to the album. The voices always have some sort of auto-tune/out of phase something or another, and the biggest deal to me NO STRINGS! What happened to the strings in all of your songs? Some of my favorite moments in previous albums were when The guitars would scream, the drums would bang, and the strings would swell beneath it all adding this epic orchestral sound to an already badass group! The closest we get to that in this album is on the track "If We Only" and guess what, they aren't even real strings, they're synth pads. The piano is also synth too, but that isn't that big a deal, as it makes a very small appearance in this album.

With that being said there are a few songs that will still get you excited, and will have tastes of Red that really got the blood pumping in albums past. A couple of my favorites being "Release the Panic", "If We Only", and "Damages". Beyond that I wasn't all that impressed with the content.

All in all this album seems to be a lot more hard rock then previous ones, which doesn't really bother me other then the fact that they now strike a very strong resemblance to Breaking Benjamin in sound. I'm just sad to see that unique sound go, and here them take a very mainstream approach to music. What made them different is how they stood out, and in my opinion, this album is just like every other rock album I've listened to. It's a sad truth, but if they continue in this trend they'll fade and disappear into a sea of other mundane predictable mainstream garbage.

The Greatest Video Game Music 2
The Greatest Video Game Music 2
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings chills, tears, and rage!!, November 8, 2012
Ok, so there isn't any rage, but this album will certainly make any old-school gamer itch for their childhood. My obvious favorite being Chrono Trigger theme. It's a wonderful rendition of the song, a whole brand new approach to it while maintaining the excitement that you felt while playing the game. I would pay $5 for that song alone, so this might be a biased review... My other favorites are Luigi's Mansion, and Legend of Zelda.

Let's just be honest here though, they're all really entertaining to listen to, they are recorded and performed very well, and with a $4 price tag, a real steal for anyone that enjoys video game music...ahem....or just good music in general.

Bioshock Dual Pack [Online Game Code]
Bioshock Dual Pack [Online Game Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, and not nearly as complicated as everyone is making it out to be..., July 7, 2012
I felt like I should write this to help balance out the negetive reviews. First off I would like to just say that the games are very fun, and I found to be addictive. So if you enjoy creepy shooters these are the games for you.

Now that that is out of the way, I feel like there is a lot of mis-information floating around here that I would like to address. Firstly, only Bioshock 2 requires two forms of validation. Once you enter the code for Bioshock 1 into Steam you downloadit and play. Simple as that.

Bioshock 2 is slightly more complicated. You enter the code into Steam, then download the game, exactly like the first one. Once it's downloaded and you try to play it it needs to validate again. You MUST use the product key that Steam gives you, not Amazon. Amazon's key won't work, so to those of you who were very angry with Amazon, don't be. You need to use the product key provided by STEAM.

On a finle note, I can understand why some people are angry that Bioshock 2 uses Windows Live, it is just another thing to sign into...but it's not that big a deal, and for those of you that have and use X-box Live, you'll love it. It gives you all the achivements as if you were playing on X-box Live, and you can chat with frinds while playing.

All in all a great deal, and it's not nearly the hassle everyone is making it out to be. Buy it and enjoy a fun game!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2012 10:26 AM EDT

Beginnings (Instrumental)
Beginnings (Instrumental)
Price: $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, April 26, 2012
They are beautiful orchestrations! I can't wait to hear more! Holy is the Lord is a clear stand out with a full orchestra. I love the counter melodies with the woodwinds. Excellent work!

Beginnings
Beginnings
Price: $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, February 7, 2012
This review is from: Beginnings (MP3 Music)
A lot of hard work went into this album! The arrangments are beautiful and well orchestrated, the recordings are clear and well mixed! I'm loving these songs, and can't wait for more.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Air Mail Par Avion Tyvek Mighty Wallet
Air Mail Par Avion Tyvek Mighty Wallet
Offered by REALLYGREATDEALS4U
Price: $10.19
8 used & new from $10.13

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea..., September 27, 2011
This review is from: Boys Mighty Wallet® (Apparel)
The idea was great. I love the idea of having a "Paper" wallet. While the material is very tough, and basically impossible to rip, it does wear. After having this only two weeks it looks like I took a sander to it. And it's not bad enough that I get these little rolled up plastic flakes all over it, it takes the lint from my jeans and combines it to make blue rolled up plastic.

The inside still looks great, and it still does its job. But I think claiming that this wallet will last for a year and still look great is a a load of crap. At this rate I think I'll be lucky to make it through the next couple of months before this thing rubs a hole all the way through.