Profile for AlexJouJou > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 501

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AlexJouJou RSS Feed (D.C.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Zensah Tech+ Compression Socks, Black, Medium
Zensah Tech+ Compression Socks, Black, Medium
Price: $32.47
2 used & new from $32.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb compression, excellent fit, and makes recovery and/or running much more pleasurable!, August 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely love Zensah compression socks. I have the calf sleeves as well but my strong preference is the socks.

These are very well made, fit like a dream, and really do help your legs while running or recovering. They help keep my calves "going" even when they are sore, seem to help prevent shin splints and major achilles issues, and they fit in all my shoes without rubbing/chafing at all. They are slightly challenging to get on - but you just need a little patience and to follow the instructions. If you find the top band is digging in you can actually move it up or down a bit to help alleviate. Although you can "see" the indentation after I've worn compression socks they don't bother me. They give my legs energy most especially during races. I don't know how they look - other than these type socks I never wear knee highs. Frankly I could care less - they work so well who cares how they look?

Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara, Thickening, Blackest Black 401, 0.4-Ounce Package
Offered by OTCMASTER
Price: $3.75
6 used & new from $3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, inexpensive, dependable - no wow factor - just steadily works great!, August 14, 2014
I've been using this mascara for many years. I can only find it now here on amazon. It's not clumpy, goes on easy, comes off easy. The color is fine. It doesn't bother my eyes. It doesn't create cartoon character eyes or anything with eyelashes longer than a city block...it's kind of a workhorse mascara. Solid,dependable, inexpensive. Sold!

ASICS Women's GEL-Excel33 3 Running Shoe
ASICS Women's GEL-Excel33 3 Running Shoe
Price: $74.96 - $125.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Really AMAZING running shoes!, August 14, 2014
I'm a runner. So I put these shoes through the wringer. I've run recently in rain, in mud, on trails full of rocks, gravel, roots, leaves, and packed dirt. These are the BEST running shoes I've ever had. The fit is superb - at first I thought it was too tight across the middle but once I'm running I don't notice it and whatever it is they've put in this shoe it holds my foot. I feel much more stable in this shoe and have had no issues with my achilles. I've been running in more minimalist type shoes (more accurately low drop shoes) and the last 3 months I've consistently had sore achilles no matter how much I train. This shoe has a 10mm drop and apparently that is the sweet spot for me. My knees do not hurt, my calves are good. I feel like I have more speed. They are cushy but not squishy or marshmallow'y. I'm not fond of "sinking" into a shoe (e.g. Asics Nimbus) as I feel it causes me to have less energy where the shoes are almost a drain on my ability to speed.

There is plenty of cushion. These are way more cushioned than they appear. If you want complete ground feel ala Merrell barefoot these are not your shoes. If you need some cushion for the roads these are great without having a huge stack height and with still keeping your foot close to the ground. The mesh is breathable and comfortable. There is NOT ONE SEAM to rub or irritate in the toe box. The toe box is wide enough to satisfy even my wider feet. The heel is interesting. It's got a different type of counter - so far it's working but I do have to tighten the laces. It's probably the only area I'd tell Asics to try and improve. The shoe fits like a glove, feels like running a comfy slipper that gives you energy, and it gives me more support than I've ever had in a shoe - it's not a stability trainer but I can immediately tell the difference on gravel or rocky terrain because my ankle doesn't even think of twisting in these shoes. I wouldn't necessarily use them for trails all the time - but I like them so much I just can't "not" wear them.

The only bad thing is I am not keen on the color. I got the blue/orange. It's kind of yuck to me. I like bright colors so I can be seen. I run distances at all hours from 3 miles to 14 miles. I'm training for a marathon..these are my shoes. I will buy multiple pairs because I know Asics will change them. I most strongly can say these are it.for.me. Really great!

Philips SHQ1200PK/28 ActionFit Earbuds Sports Earphones
Philips SHQ1200PK/28 ActionFit Earbuds Sports Earphones
Price: $18.15
4 used & new from $17.95

3.0 out of 5 stars The sound is fine for me, cord is short, like the clip!, August 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been running with Yourbuds for women (the one's made for small ears) for a couple years now. They generally serve me well and the shape just works well for me. These look similar. They are - and they aren't.

The color is pleasing and the overall look is nice and functional. A little spartan but solid. The phones are a big hard though so not a lot of flex in your ears at all. In some earbuds this works and in some not. Here it's sort of middle. In general these are o.k. comfortable for about an hour. Going much beyond that and they feel odd and start to hurt my ears. I also can hear outside noise pretty easily - which for me while running is great but I can imagine for some this won't do.

They do stay in your ears. A huge plus. I found the sound to be pretty standard but then I only use them for running so I'm not looking for Dolby Surround sound hundred dollar quality. I expect them to last a few months which is standard for me and running phones of pretty much any type. The cord on these is pretty short - it works for me but just barely and I'm a petite 5'1" and I use my running skirt pocket which is not that far away from my ears. I would seriously think twice if you are 5'5" or taller and/or want to have a cord that works for something like a shorts pocket or such. I think this could be a huge issue for folks. I LOVED the clip that it comes with as that gets rid of the infernal cord issue and flopping around and my other headphone company could take a real lesson from this!

I do think I like my Yourbuds a bit better because they flex more and fit the shape of my ear. I think these Philips one's would be better if the headphone piece was slightly more flexible to make a better feeling fit.

Little Tudor Rose
Little Tudor Rose
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The diary format just didn't work for me well here, August 5, 2014
This review is from: Little Tudor Rose (Kindle Edition)
I read a lot of age play and I tend to like the harsher one's with more discipline. The diary format here just did not work well for me. It felt like I was being drawn out of the story which is weird because that was the story. I felt distant and bored at times. Maybe it is me not relating to this time and age young lady - I don't know. It just didn't anchor it well for me and my mind wandered.

The Submission of Little Emmie
The Submission of Little Emmie
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great standard age play - good descriptions, great discipline - super!, August 5, 2014
This is an excellent age play novel. It has many of the things that are sort of standard in this genre - great discipline, great descriptive scenes, growing relationship, a nanny, and a good progression. It's harsh enough to please those that want more than a spanking and the author has a way with assuring the descriptive parts really shine. If you like this sort of erotica you must pick this up. I read a lot of kinky and erotic books and this is one of the best ageplay!

Skirt Sports Women's Gym Girl Ultra Skirt, Black, Medium
Skirt Sports Women's Gym Girl Ultra Skirt, Black, Medium
Price: $46.17
2 used & new from $46.17

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST running skirt!, August 5, 2014
FORGET all those other skirts (except maybe Sparkle for the races where you need to shine). This IS your workhorse running skirt with shorts underneath. Fit is excellent for me in a M. I'm 5'1" and about 129 lbs. Small was too small, large too big. Excellent. It's comfortable, does NOT ride up, wicks pretty well, and it just disappears when I run. That is all you can ask of a skirt. No chafing, irritation, falling down issues, riding up issues, etc. It is, simply, the PERFECT skirt!

If you've tried other running skirts and they rode up, fell down, or were just nasty do yourself a favor and get one of these. You won't regret it!

Car Seat Cover for Athletes Yoga Spin Running Beach Pilates Extreme Mudder (Pink)
Offered by Surf Outfitter
Price: $31.95
2 used & new from $31.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, washes well, cute, and functions perfectly!, August 5, 2014
I read all the reviews before I bought this and, frankly, it works wonderfully for me. It does require washing at least weekly (that's with a couple of sweaty workouts a week) but so far it has done an excellent job protecting my car seat. It's cute to look at, easy to put on and handle, washes up super nicely, and doesn't block the airbags. A real winner!

Aircast Airheel Foot and Ankle Brace Support-S-Universal
Aircast Airheel Foot and Ankle Brace Support-S-Universal
Offered by TopsMedical
Price: $41.06
15 used & new from $35.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Not comfy but did help the Achilles issue I was having!, August 5, 2014
Although this brace does work it is quite plastic in places and, as a result, irritates the skin under it. If you do nothing but put your foot on a pillow then it's fine..but for walking around it's not comfortable at all. It gets 3 stars because I do feel it helped my achilles issue soreness.

Highwayman
Highwayman
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite songs of all time!, August 5, 2014
This review is from: Highwayman (MP3 Music)
OK there is totally something about these 4 guys. I grew up hearing this song and I am very attached to it. It fills me with a deep sense of peace and just contentment. 4 of the best!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20