Profile for AlexJouJou > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 603

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AlexJouJou RSS Feed (D.C.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Gaiam Sol Sure-Grip Yoga Mat, Cranberry, 4mm
Gaiam Sol Sure-Grip Yoga Mat, Cranberry, 4mm
Price: $59.95
4 used & new from $46.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mat - grippy, solid, perfect length but it does smell and it is heavy, April 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am quite in love with this mat. It is not without negatives but the positives outweigh it for me and my use - which I'll share below.

Pro's first: I love the length of the mat. It seems longer than a couple of my other cheaper mats. It is very grippy - and I have yet to slip on it. It feels great under foot - enough give to cush but not mushy. Downward dog in particular is a breeze on this one (notwithstanding my weak muscles) and it is the perfect thickness to provide a solid base for your feet (4 points). I also like the color (but this is the least important to me).

Con's: It is heavy and it does smell like rubber. It's been out in my house for 3 weeks and the smell has lessened only slightly. Both of these mean that this is not my choice for yoga studio use - I don't want others to comment on the smell or be bothered by it. In addition it's heavy enough that lugging it around on the Metro is probably not going to be my choice. For my at home yoga (several times a week) this is really the perfect mat.

Oh and the smell seems to put off my cats from flopping on it or attempting to chew it. I love my cats - but after a few near misses with the cat being below me when I shifted to a new pose that was a floor one I'll take anything that makes them stay away from underneath me. Since they spend much of the rest of the time on my lap or sleeping with me that time alone is quite nice.

Julienne Peeler and Vegetable Peeler 4-in-1. Made of Highest Quality Stainless Steel and Designed with Ultra-sharp Dual Blades.
Offered by Grand Enterprise
Price: $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Heirloom quality - solid, sharp, feels and works superb!, April 24, 2015
I was really surprised to find this to be a very solid, high quality peeler. For the price it's an excellent value. It's easy to hold and maneuver and it works great to Julienne. Of course regular standard peeler's work but this one makes it all pretty effortless. It works on all sorts of vegetables - and even does a fine job on the softer one's that sometimes clog a regular cheap peeler. The blades are super short so watch your fingers - but this is a product you will love in your kitchen for many years!

I received this peeler in exchange for an honest review.

[Apple MFi Certified] PeleusTech® JDB MFI Certified 3.3ft (1m) Lightning to USB Sync and Charge Cable for Apple iphone 6 / 6 Plus, 5 / 5s / 5c, iPad Air / mini / mini2 (Orange)
Offered by PeleusTech
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid cable, well made!, April 24, 2015
This cable works great on my lightning Apple devices. It is solid (more solid than the standard Apple cable) and plugs in well. Works great to charge with no issues. The only thing you'll want to know is that the lightning part is bigger than Apple's stock one so there are some phone cases where this charger will not fit (Lifeproof - as I found out).

I received this product in exchange for an honest review

PeleusTech® Travel Charger / Wall Charger Dual USB Charge Port (15W/ 3.1A) Power Adapter for iPhone 6plus,6,5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4; iPad 5,4,3,2,iPad Air,iPad Air2,ipad mini,ipad mini2; ipod Touch6, 5, 4, 3, 2; Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Note 4, 3, 2; HTC,HTC one; CUBOT; Huawei; Xiaomi; LG G2; Nexus 5; Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX; Blackberry; Google Nexus; Smart phone; Bluetooth Speakers & Headsets (White)
Offered by PeleusTech
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, like the LED light, charges well (pay attention to ports!), April 24, 2015
This is a great charger. It is about the size of the stock apple charger for the IPAD. We've used it to charge all sorts of devices that use USB like iPhone's, IPad's, Kindle's, Nooks, GPS watches, and others. It does have specific ports meant for certain items so if time is a concern be sure you are using the right ports for what you are charging. I actually enjoy the blue LED lights because I can see them at night - and in the morning when I pop downstairs in the dark to start coffee and grab my phone to see if there are messages.

It charges pretty fast, has consistently charged everything I've put in it, and folds up nicely. That's what you can ask from a charging brick. Nice!

I received a sample of this item for free to review

OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Produce Keeper - Medium
OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Produce Keeper - Medium
Price: $19.99
9 used & new from $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, love the Good Grips products - works nice!, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a vegan so eat a lot of produce. Any opportunity I have to extend the life and quality of produce I take - because I prefer not using chemicals or other substances to do so. The produce keeper does a very good job with leafy greens and other produce that is not dense. It is a good size to hold a bunch of greens or other size wise equivalent. It washes up well and there are no issues with it retaining smell or off colors. As always the Good Grips is a huge draw - makes things so much easier!

Gaiam Yoga Eye Pillow, Purple Batik
Gaiam Yoga Eye Pillow, Purple Batik
Price: $12.18
2 used & new from $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, lavender also helps fight headaches, and it's a great weight and feel!, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is just the perfect eye pillow. I've used it for yoga and everyday but perhaps most intriguing to me is it really helped me with a migraine. I get them maybe once a month and I was told lavender was a natural remedy. Well yesterday I laid down and put this over my eye and focused on deep breathing (a must if you have nausea related to migraine's) and it got me through the point until the medicines took over without me having to throw up. It's a great weight and is very comfortable on. The fabric is nice and does not appear to overly collect oil or dirt - though I'm not sure how you would wash it.

I REALLY like this pillow. The lavender in it is so relaxing and the side benefit of helping me with migraine's is a huge plus. Strongly recommended!

BIC Flex 5 Disposable Razor, Men, 3-Count
BIC Flex 5 Disposable Razor, Men, 3-Count
Price: $8.49
8 used & new from $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, easy to use - last through several leg shavings (woman), no nicks and cuts - but SHARP!, April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are quite nice. They have a heft in the hand that belies the fact they are disposable. They are very sharp. VERY. I use these on my legs (I'm a female) and they go around and in back of the knee pretty easily - no nicks and scrapes due to not being able to navigate that area.

I gave them a solid 4 stars. I had been hoping that a 5 blade shave would give me a few more hours without stubble. Alas it is not to be. They work well, last through several "shaves" and just generally are comfortable and easy to use.

Careers: The Graphic Guide to Finding the Perfect Job for You
Careers: The Graphic Guide to Finding the Perfect Job for You
by DK Publishing
Price: $14.39
45 used & new from $9.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice visual layout, a good balance of careers - fun to read and look at!, April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This guide would be suitable for a younger tween. In terms of an older teen this is just too juvenile looking. It has many careers but not everyone is obviously going to be covered. I'm a fan of DK's visual presentation and here is no exception. They do a wonderful job making it appealing but not "busy" and also easy to use and reference. It is easy to use and the chapters are easy to follow. It is a larger book that would function well as a coffee table book if you want to leave it out. I'd more recommend it for a 6-8th grader because I think it will appeal most to that age group.

Achilles: The Story of One Family's Fight With FIP
Achilles: The Story of One Family's Fight With FIP
Price: $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars FIP is a deadly disease - please help fight it!, April 5, 2015
I hope, if you are reading this review, you are doing so because you've heard about this disease but have no personal experience with it. The reality is, if you're reading, you are probably now a member of this exclusive club of other kitty owners who lives have been impacted by this deadly disease. If you're like me you are in the throes of grief - hating FIP with a passion rarely felt, and trying to come to grips with loosing a beloved family member. If you have (or had) a kitten or cat with FIP this book will give you a glimpse of others' experiences and you will come away feeling not alone in your loss. Sometimes it is that type of community that helps with healing - but I would encourage you to take up the banner to fight this disease that afflicts death to babies. I'm just one more story - but equally determined to do something to fight against this disease until a cure is found.

We adopted two boys from the animal shelter (a high kill facility) in December of 2014. One, Nemo, a orange tabby around 2-3 years old and the other, Henry, a white with gray tabby who was 6 months old. From the start Nemo and Henry were inseparable. Nemo taking on a "Daddy Cat" role - teaching Henry the ropes, grooming him, caring for him. I had never seen a male cat assume such a loving and supportive caregiver role. In any case Henry thrived. They were both happy and, we thought, healthy. Henry was always a huge cuddled. I choose him because when they opened the cage at the shelter he jumped into my arms and put his tiny paws around my neck and rubbed me continuously - marking me as his. At first, when we played with the boys we thought it strange that Henry seemed not to have the best balance. He would try to jump on things but 1/2 the time would not make it. He also always seemed to have an eye that he blinked a lot and was at half mast frequently. Other than that we noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

Two months later one day Henry seemed lethargic. He wouldn't eat or play and had a fever. The vet gave him an antibiotic and the fever seemed to go away. His blood work indicated only anemia (ruling out other diseases like mycoplasma)- and we had no cause for it. In my heart though I knew something was wrong. The vet was happy with the antibiotic and said as long as he was ok acting not to worry about the anemia. About one month later we noticed Henry having a hard time breathing. He had rapid respiration (50) and he seemed to be breathing very hard. We brought him in to his regular vet and she sent us to the emergency vet because the X-rays and ultrasound revealed a heavily fluid filled area surrounding his heart. She said this was not good and agreed that FIP or HCM were possibilities. The ER vet drained the fluid and confirmed that whatever we were dealing with, given the entirety of the symptoms, was most likely fatal. They said if it was HCM we could put him on some diuretics to help with fluid. We took him home - he spent time outside with us and loved it. He was given any food he wanted and he was loved nearly non stop every moment we were home. Henry seemed to do well for 4 days and then, on a Tuesday, we knew. When we got home he was laying on the floor with a far away look in his eyes. The kitten who lived to be picked up and cuddled did not want to be handled. His breathing was rough again. That night we did the hardest thing I've ever had to do - send him across the Rainbow Bridge.

It's been a week and the grief is unrelenting. I've lost many others (human and feline) but this loss has hit the hardest. Henry never lost weight and his coat was beautiful - shiny and thick - up until the end. Unlike many he had no fluid in his abdomen. His other blood work was fine. We need more people to learn about and help us fight this disease. Because it strikes at the most vulnerable population (kittens and older elderly cats) it is particularly cruel. Please - help us to find a cure and an understanding of this disease so no one else needs to suffer the pain of loss.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2015 4:52 PM PDT

Zeskit Lightning Car Charger - Apple certified, fastest charging speed for all iOS devices
Offered by Zeskit
Price: $25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice small form, fits easily in middle console where my charger space is located!, March 29, 2015
As others have noted not all cables are equally well made. This is most especially true of car charger cables which take more abuse then ones that live inside a house. I have a teenager and her friends - and they all need charging cables - in the house, while driving...I carry portable battery USB chargers even in my purse. Yes. They ask. Even if they have battery cases frequently there is a need to charge. They are brutal on their phones. This is a nice small form charger that fits easily in my car charger plug in inside the console.

This company makes excellent cables to purchase at a reasonable price. It's very convenient in the car for any lightning device. Strongly recommended!

Sample provided for review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20