Profile for AlexJouJou > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 625

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AlexJouJou RSS Feed (D.C.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Downy Fresh Protect 42 load In-Wash Odor Shield Beads, Fresh Blossom, 13.2 Ounce
Price: $13.99
6 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells great, works great, greatly recommended!, May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While this is certainly a bit pricey it does work very very well to lend your laundry an odor. I'm a long distance runner so my stuff (and me) can be pretty funky sometimes and not in a cool fun disco ball way. In a "you stink" type of way. While I generally use non fragranced products on my laundry, every once in a while I find it helpful to try and get rid of or hide odors that have sunk in that are problematic. These are easy to use - I throw about 40 tops into a large load and they work great. I have not noticed a too heavy scent, no form of strange stain or anything due to this product. It does what it says it will do as far as my laundry goes. Love it!

Gaiam Hot Yoga Mat Towel, Pink Fandango
Gaiam Hot Yoga Mat Towel, Pink Fandango
Price: $14.33
2 used & new from $14.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful towel, works ok, thin!, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First let me say I'm not a huge (think buckets of it dripping down) sweater. I definitely sweat but it tends to be less drippy, more everywhere moist type of thing. I've used this towel for several purposes and so far It's been quite nice. For occasions when I'm doing work on the mat and am sweaty it holds ok - but I think part of that is due to the mat I'm using which is a Gaiam rubber one (that smells but works great). It has really great grip and grips onto this towel.

I've also used this mat towel on my seat after a workout to try and keep my seat dry (drier) and for that it's ok but not supreme. This is fine and no stars docked - but it's another use I often have for my yoga towels in a pinch. It's a beautiful color that is multi hued and looks classy. It's very thin but it does absorb. Make sure to wash it first!

OtterBox Resurgence Power/Battery Case for Apple iPhone 6 - Retail Packaging -  Mint Ice (White/Sage Green)
OtterBox Resurgence Power/Battery Case for Apple iPhone 6 - Retail Packaging - Mint Ice (White/Sage Green)
Price: $55.97
5 used & new from $43.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful color, case charges phone pretty well, but charging the case itself is very problematic for me, May 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like many others I was excited to get this case. The case itself is heavy but very nice. The materials feel top notch - unlike another battery case I'd gotten where the plastic was so thin it snapped as I was trying to install it. The color is different and a nice change from black, red, and gold. I absolutely love the way it handles the buttons and found all of them to work well. The case was strong and offered excellent protection.

There is one thing that prevents me from rating this case more highly and that is, when I plug it in, it seems to constantly cycle on and keeps doing the sound over and over until I take the power cord out. This means there are times I am not able to charge the unit because it keeps cycling on/off the charging capacity when plugged in (I hope I'm representing this well enough so you understand). I've tried multiple cords and multiple power units as well as trying to charge directly into my outlets that have USB. This happens about 50% of the time so it's not a small issue. My phone does not do this with any other battery case - I have isolated it to this case.

I do love the case - how it looks, feels, how it works. All are wonderful for me - but the charging issue is a huge concern.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2015 10:30 AM PDT

Gaiam Sol Sure-Grip Yoga Mat, Cranberry, 4mm
Gaiam Sol Sure-Grip Yoga Mat, Cranberry, 4mm
Price: $58.95
5 used & new from $58.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mat - grippy, solid, perfect length but it does smell and it is heavy, April 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am quite in love with this mat. It is not without negatives but the positives outweigh it for me and my use - which I'll share below.

Pro's first: I love the length of the mat. It seems longer than a couple of my other cheaper mats. It is very grippy - and I have yet to slip on it. It feels great under foot - enough give to cush but not mushy. Downward dog in particular is a breeze on this one (notwithstanding my weak muscles) and it is the perfect thickness to provide a solid base for your feet (4 points). I also like the color (but this is the least important to me).

Con's: It is heavy and it does smell like rubber. It's been out in my house for 3 weeks and the smell has lessened only slightly. Both of these mean that this is not my choice for yoga studio use - I don't want others to comment on the smell or be bothered by it. In addition it's heavy enough that lugging it around on the Metro is probably not going to be my choice. For my at home yoga (several times a week) this is really the perfect mat.

Oh and the smell seems to put off my cats from flopping on it or attempting to chew it. I love my cats - but after a few near misses with the cat being below me when I shifted to a new pose that was a floor one I'll take anything that makes them stay away from underneath me. Since they spend much of the rest of the time on my lap or sleeping with me that time alone is quite nice.

Julienne Peeler and Vegetable Peeler 4-in-1. Made of Highest Quality Stainless Steel and Designed with Ultra-sharp Dual Blades.
Offered by Grand Enterprise
Price: $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Heirloom quality - solid, sharp, feels and works superb!, April 24, 2015
I was really surprised to find this to be a very solid, high quality peeler. For the price it's an excellent value. It's easy to hold and maneuver and it works great to Julienne. Of course regular standard peeler's work but this one makes it all pretty effortless. It works on all sorts of vegetables - and even does a fine job on the softer one's that sometimes clog a regular cheap peeler. The blades are super short so watch your fingers - but this is a product you will love in your kitchen for many years!

I received this peeler in exchange for an honest review.

[Apple MFi Certified] PeleusTech® JDB MFI Certified 3.3ft (1m) Lightning to USB Sync and Charge Cable for Apple iphone 6 / 6 Plus, 5 / 5s / 5c, iPad Air / mini / mini2 (Orange)
Offered by PeleusTech
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid cable, well made!, April 24, 2015
This cable works great on my lightning Apple devices. It is solid (more solid than the standard Apple cable) and plugs in well. Works great to charge with no issues. The only thing you'll want to know is that the lightning part is bigger than Apple's stock one so there are some phone cases where this charger will not fit (Lifeproof - as I found out).

I received this product in exchange for an honest review

PeleusTech® Travel Charger / Wall Charger Dual USB Charge Port (15W/ 3.1A) Power Adapter for iPhone 6plus,6,5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4; iPad 5,4,3,2,iPad Air,iPad Air2,ipad mini,ipad mini2; ipod Touch6, 5, 4, 3, 2; Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Note 4, 3, 2; HTC,HTC one; CUBOT; Huawei; Xiaomi; LG G2; Nexus 5; Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX; Blackberry; Google Nexus; Smart phone; Bluetooth Speakers & Headsets (White)
Offered by PeleusTech
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, like the LED light, charges well (pay attention to ports!), April 24, 2015
This is a great charger. It is about the size of the stock apple charger for the IPAD. We've used it to charge all sorts of devices that use USB like iPhone's, IPad's, Kindle's, Nooks, GPS watches, and others. It does have specific ports meant for certain items so if time is a concern be sure you are using the right ports for what you are charging. I actually enjoy the blue LED lights because I can see them at night - and in the morning when I pop downstairs in the dark to start coffee and grab my phone to see if there are messages.

It charges pretty fast, has consistently charged everything I've put in it, and folds up nicely. That's what you can ask from a charging brick. Nice!

I received a sample of this item for free to review

OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Produce Keeper - Medium
OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Produce Keeper - Medium
Price: $19.99
11 used & new from $16.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, love the Good Grips products - works nice!, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a vegan so eat a lot of produce. Any opportunity I have to extend the life and quality of produce I take - because I prefer not using chemicals or other substances to do so. The produce keeper does a very good job with leafy greens and other produce that is not dense. It is a good size to hold a bunch of greens or other size wise equivalent. It washes up well and there are no issues with it retaining smell or off colors. As always the Good Grips is a huge draw - makes things so much easier!

Gaiam Yoga Eye Pillow, Purple Batik
Gaiam Yoga Eye Pillow, Purple Batik
Price: $12.18
2 used & new from $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, lavender also helps fight headaches, and it's a great weight and feel!, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is just the perfect eye pillow. I've used it for yoga and everyday but perhaps most intriguing to me is it really helped me with a migraine. I get them maybe once a month and I was told lavender was a natural remedy. Well yesterday I laid down and put this over my eye and focused on deep breathing (a must if you have nausea related to migraine's) and it got me through the point until the medicines took over without me having to throw up. It's a great weight and is very comfortable on. The fabric is nice and does not appear to overly collect oil or dirt - though I'm not sure how you would wash it.

I REALLY like this pillow. The lavender in it is so relaxing and the side benefit of helping me with migraine's is a huge plus. Strongly recommended!

BIC Flex 5 Disposable Razor, Men, 3-Count
BIC Flex 5 Disposable Razor, Men, 3-Count
Price: $8.49
10 used & new from $3.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, easy to use - last through several leg shavings (woman), no nicks and cuts - but SHARP!, April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are quite nice. They have a heft in the hand that belies the fact they are disposable. They are very sharp. VERY. I use these on my legs (I'm a female) and they go around and in back of the knee pretty easily - no nicks and scrapes due to not being able to navigate that area.

I gave them a solid 4 stars. I had been hoping that a 5 blade shave would give me a few more hours without stubble. Alas it is not to be. They work well, last through several "shaves" and just generally are comfortable and easy to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20