Profile for AlexJouJou > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 562

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AlexJouJou RSS Feed (D.C.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Altra Running Womens Provisioness 2 Walking Shoe
Altra Running Womens Provisioness 2 Walking Shoe
Price: $119.95 - $120.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic shoe - great support for me, wide through toe box, narrower mid foot though - fit is peculiar but just works!, January 28, 2015
Firstly I'm not sure why Amazon has these as Provisioness and for walking. Neither is correct. Altra went back to the regular title (no fancy girls title) of Provision which they used for men. So these are the Provision 2.0 and are meant for running. You can certainly use them for walking or other activities as well.

I'm a huge Altra fan because their foot shaped toe box (wider) and zero drop has done wonders for my metatarsal area issues. I got injured 6 months ago and, ever since, have had struggles with shoes. I've been running in the Altra Torin 1.5 and the Instinct 2.0 in addition to the Paradigm and Olympus. Of all the Altra shoes I have I like these Provision the most.

They are "stability" shoes in that they have measures in place for people whose feet overpronate. Pronation is good - and required when running. I'm not sure how much I buy into the whole excessive pronation concept so I've just gone back to buying the shoes that feel most comfortable and provide the level of support I need for that particular run. These are the perfect shoe for me across all distances. The fit is different than other Altra's I'm using. The Provision 2.0 is narrower mid foot (so if your foot is wider midfoot area you may have an issue) but still has the wonderful wider toe box. It's not as wide as my other shoes but it gives plenty of room. I like how the midfoot really fits my instep and arch - because it provides a level of stability there that helps my gait. I have a high volume foot and it is accommodated in this shoe - but again in a snug manner. The laces have more than 2 fingers of space - but it does not bother me at all while running. I notice it more walking. As noted, the fit feels funny at first - I'm not sure how else to describe it. Just weird. Unlike any other Altra. So if you try on in store jog around the store or on a treadmill - it will change your impression.

The sole has cushion but is not mushy or squishy or too soft. I don't feel like I'm sinking into the shoe. I can roll through my gait cycle without any issues and nothing feels like it is holding me back. This is important because, in some stability labeled shoes, I end up with ITB pain. These leave my legs feeling refreshed - even after a long run the other day I almost forgot to stretch because my legs did not feel sore or used or tight!

The uppers breath ok but it's winter and 25 degrees - so I cannot say how it will do in summer. The colors are attractive but I don't care much about aesthetics. I'm a light heel striker with midfoot striking when I'm on my game with good form. These encourage, for me, that midfoot more than the heal because it just feels better to run in them that way. I do not get achilles or calf pain in these - partly because I've already transitioned to zero drop but mainly because this shoe let's my body use the muscles and tendons in a way that maximizes them and there is no shortening, tightening, or other. When I tried running in my Asics Gel Kayano again my achilles were aching something terrible and I felt like I was fighting the shoes to run.

In terms of durability they seem to be doing ok. I am very easy on uppers and these look barely worn. I will update if there are any issues.

Black & Decker EHC3002B Glass Bowl Chopper, Black
Black & Decker EHC3002B Glass Bowl Chopper, Black
Price: $49.97
3 used & new from $49.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great on certain items (not so great on others) - easy to use and clean!, January 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This works very well for some things. It is very convenient - I store the bowls in my normal bowl drawer and have the more electronic pieces in a separate place. It's small and easy to maneuver so it's pretty great for smaller kitchens. I assume if you have kitchen space you'd just get a regular food processor. I have one but have to keep it on top of the cupboards - because there is no room elsewhere.

This chops certain items up pretty well. Garlic, Ginger, apple's, onion's, etc. Softer items. It did not do a great job with nuts, dates, or other hard or tough food. I also prefer not to use it for onions because it seems to release so much onion smell I cannot be in the kitchen with it. My regular food processor does not do this. For what this is - I love it. Easy to use, convenient, a cinch to clean. All good. I recommend it for things like what I mentioned which do tend to be the more common for me.

Meow Mix Pate Toppers Seafood and Poultry Variety Pack Wet Cat Food, 2.75 oz, 12 count
Price: $5.76
5 used & new from $5.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats love this food - not sure about how healthy it is, January 25, 2015
My 3 cats love this pate food. While they generally get higher quality food without grains - this is one they like and get every once in a while as a treat. Whatever is in here - they love it. I like the container is easy to open and I can recycle the cups.

SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
Price: $45.49
22 used & new from $42.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats use this instead of clawing couch - sturdy and solid - built well!, January 25, 2015
Cats really enjoy using this. It is very solid, sits up well and does not tip over even when both cats try to use at the same time. The sisal is sturdy, has no unraveling, it is rock solid secure. The cats took a while to warm up to it - but overall they will use it. They prefer the PetFusion Cat Scratcher for their primary scratching but this one is by the couches and we have no clawing issues on the couches as they use this scratcher. Great!

Go Cat Cat Catcher Teaser Wand with Mouse Cat Toy
Go Cat Cat Catcher Teaser Wand with Mouse Cat Toy
Price: $6.99
7 used & new from $6.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Wire shredded and frayed - all the other parts were fine. Lasted 2 weeks., January 25, 2015
While it lasted (2 weeks) it was great. The mouse is sturdy and very fun for the cat to chase. The wand itself is fine - and I thought it was a good length and felt good in my hand. Easy to use. My issue was my cats claws shredded the metal wire while playing - I thought that was a bit dangerous so I rated 3 stars. I'd rather have string (even if it is less sturdy) because I don't worry as much about them breaking it or having it shredded.

Precious Cat Cat Attract Problem Cat Training Litter, 20 pound bag
Precious Cat Cat Attract Problem Cat Training Litter, 20 pound bag
Price: $12.74
4 used & new from $12.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for litterbox issues - new cats, older sick cats, anytime you want to encourage cats to go in the litterbox., January 25, 2015
Super litter for a new cat you want to be sure finds the right place to do his/her business. I've used this for elderly cats that had issues with the letterbox - whenever I've thought I might have (or have had) a letterbox problem this is the litter I turn too. It always works and accidents and issues outside the litter box are gone or reduced. I tend to mix it in with other litter once I've handled the issue and gradually wean the cats off and that works well too. Not sure what's in here but it has never failed me!

(PS I have no experience but if you have a cat that is spraying because of territorial issues from outside cats or being bullied in the home by another cat or something this is probably not going to get the job done. You'll need behavioral help and to figure out what's going on outside that's causing issues. JMHO)

Comfort Zone Feliway Double Refill Pack
Comfort Zone Feliway Double Refill Pack
Price: $21.22
25 used & new from $16.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition when brining home new cats from the shelter!, January 25, 2015
We used these when we brought home two new cats from the shelter. I firmly believe this helps them be a bit more relaxed. The two cats we brought home were really easy to integrate and there was no huge stress either - I'm sure this Feliway helped make that happen! We regularly use this at moments where our cats might be stressed and consistently we find them easier and less nervous.

Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish Home for Your Cat (and You!)
Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish Home for Your Cat (and You!)
by Jackson Galaxy
Price: $13.22
80 used & new from $11.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the pictures - great book for inspiration (if you are looking for instructions and detailed patterns this is not the book), January 25, 2015
Great for inspiration and knowledge. If you are looking for a lot of practical plans with diagrams and such this is not your book. I loved it because I enjoyed reading how other people handle certifying their house. The pictures are gorgeous - and there isn't another book like this anywhere that I can find. Really love Jackson - and what he's doing for cats.

PetFusion Jumbo Cat Scratcher Lounge, White
PetFusion Jumbo Cat Scratcher Lounge, White
Offered by PetFusion
Price: Click here to see our price
4 used & new from $63.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, not as appealing to cats - they don't sleep or lay on it, January 25, 2015
My cats all are in love with the PetFusion cat scratcher that looks like a figure 8. When I say love I mean they love it more than almost anything else (except food). They all take turns on the 2 we have and love playing and sleeping on it as well. I bought this because we have 3 cats so I thought if they liked the other one they'd like this. Not so much. While they use it this form is just not as pleasing to them. Additionally they always tip it over and it slams pretty loudly when they play. Something that does not happen with the other Cat Scratcher. They don't lay or sleep on it either - and since its larger it takes up more space. It's ok...but I won't be ordering another one when (and IF) this ever gets to the point I need a new one. I'm going back to ordering the regular Cat Scratcher that they love. YMMV.

Sombra Warm Therapy Natural Pain Relieving Gel, 4-Ounce
Sombra Warm Therapy Natural Pain Relieving Gel, 4-Ounce
Price: $8.66
22 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great after running!, January 25, 2015
I've been using this after some of my runs to help ease tightness in my calves and achilles. It works wonderfully. It definitely feels like it helps to loosen enough that I can stretch it out. I'm less sore the next day. I have not yet tried to Cold Therapy but this warm one is a winner!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20