ARRAY(0x92b062c4)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 490

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AlexJouJou RSS Feed (D.C.)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Caged: Love and Treachery on the High Seas (Baal's Heart)
Caged: Love and Treachery on the High Seas (Baal's Heart)
Price: $4.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich and intriguing - Huzzah!, April 24, 2014
I read this on a flight from DC to Phoenix. I was completely absorbed in it. The characters were rich, mysterious, fallible, and real. No shying away from a bit of controversy and some kinks not perhaps held by all. While this book has BDSM it is not about it at all. No BDSM 101 here. It's all about personalities and circumstances and what happens when you discover what you thought is not what is. There is evil here - and it comes from places perhaps you won't expect. There is redemption of a sorts - there is great drama that hooks you in and just propels you forward. It's not a romance - but it sorta is. I think that's what so cool about it. You delve deep here - in what things people are capable of but it's not overly gritty. Matter of factual more.

It's a great length - bit of swashbuckling and even great female characters who get some "screen time". I'm not usually much for historicals but this is a very meaty book with a lot going on. The writing really shines - very smooth, great structure, and the erotic parts are erotic but this is not even close to too much sex not enough action. There is plenty of both here to satisfy anyone.

MSC Ribbit Sink Strainer 10029
MSC Ribbit Sink Strainer 10029
Offered by ChefLand
Price: $6.99
13 used & new from $3.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs a little whimsy!, April 15, 2014
This review is from: MSC Ribbit Sink Strainer 10029
I live in an older townhouse and have no garbage disposal (electrical issue of some sort with how much I can have in an area). I remodeled my kitchen and now it's a beautiful two tone (black/brown on bottom, white on top) with beautiful granite countertops. A black/white scheme means everything else goes in the kitchen easily and when I saw this I knew I had to pick it up.

This is a great quality item - the plastic is sturdy and the item fits my sink perfectly. I have a deep single sink. It does a great job of assuring nothing gets down the sink but water and other liquids and it's easy to just pop out and dump contents in the garbage. If I need to stop the sink up/plug the sink I just use my old metal strainer but I so rarely do that it's no inconvenience at all. It's so fun to look down and see a cute froggy sitting there. Just the type of fun accessory that, for a little bit of cash, can really give your kitchen some pizzaz!

Oreck Ultimate Handheld Bagged Canister Vacuum, CC1600
Oreck Ultimate Handheld Bagged Canister Vacuum, CC1600
Price: $129.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great suction power but awkward to carry and doesn't work well on carpet rugs at all, April 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I live in a townhouse and I have laminate throughout. As everyone knows laminate and wood floors are havens for the dust bunnies and sweeping tends to just move all that stuff around. So I always use a vacuum to assure I get all of the dust, hair, and other assorted little granules of gunk. I also have stairs.

The pro's on this one are that it does suck pretty well and, for the most part, the attachments work provided you are not using them on carpet/rug. I have several area rugs - so was thinking GREAT I can just use this in a pinch and not have to bring out the big gun except for once a week or so. Well that didn't happen. Though this one does great on hard floors like laminate it just cannot handle the carpets/rugs. It goes under things easily and has plenty of attachments to handle most everything. I didn't find it easy to do the ceiling fan but it was easy to do the curtain's (I have a long hair black cat who likes to sit in the windows) and it was great to get behind the toilet and other areas a traditional vacuum is just too cumbersome (even when using attachments) to get too.

It doesn't hold too much so don't go all out and suck up everything in sight. The bags are not hard to change at all. I assume the HEPA is working but I couldn't tell you positively because I don't have a way to measure it. Nothing comes back out of the unit and in sunlight I cannot see fine granules so that's all good.

As for the stairs - this works o.k. for them. I found it, frankly, much easier to just sweep them down and then use the vacuum because even though this is a smaller unit it's kind of awkward to carry. I finally slung it crosswise over my body but then I felt constricted when I used it. It's a long oval which for me just wasn't as comfy to carry around.

Since this would be most useful for me as a mid week pick up unit it has to be able to effectively get the area rugs at least picked up of obvious little dirt items and it could not do that well. I have not yet used it for the car but imagine it would be very good for that if you had an outlet close enough to use.

Degree Motion Sense Anti-Perspirant Deodorant for Women, Berry Cool, 2.6 Ounce
Degree Motion Sense Anti-Perspirant Deodorant for Women, Berry Cool, 2.6 Ounce
Price: $6.93

5.0 out of 5 stars It stayed strong during all my training runs!, April 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
BIG PLUS: It does not come off on the shirt or have that kind of obnoxious smell that some deodorants get when you sweat in them. You know the smell - it's not bad but it smells like deodorant (not like flowers or baby powder or whatever). This is a very solid deodorant that does go on very dry and I do not have the white residue issue on the inside of my clothes.

I run. A lot. This stuff has worked through my many training miles - often 9-11 miles at a time. I don't smell it either which is a plus. I don't smell anything and it keeps me as dry as anything can with that level of training. It is my go to deodorant and I've even missed a day (got up late and had to run out the door to go to work) and even then it kept working. None of my "Secret" stuff ever did that! I really love this!

Nutrience Original Healthy Adult Cat Food, 18-Pounds, Chicken Meal with Brown Rice Recipe
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This IS the Cat's Meow!, April 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Frankly my Genny is very picky with her food. She doesn't like much - including table food. Oddly the only food she really goes for big time is usually fresh bugs of the crunchy kind. Yuck!

I got two different types of Nutrience Food. When I opened the other bag and filled her dish she did the usual search and sniff and pawing around it. I'm never sure what that is about but she's done it since was a kitten. However what I've never seen her do is DIG IN like the food was going to vanish right away. My Genny is 12 and has always been a "grazer" eater - meaning she eats a little bit quite a lot during the day. I do not think I have ever seen her eat a bowl of cat food. Until now. I put about 3/4 cup in the dish and she ate it. ALL.OF.IT. Then she licked her chops, drank a bunch of water and contentedly went and sat on her Cat Fusion Scratcher thingy. She's just never done that. This was followed the next morning by active meowing until such a time as I fed her and she repeated this behavior.

I thought surely it could not happen with BOTH types...because experience has taught me that picky girl likes one thing at a time. But when this type was put down she had the same reaction. She seems to like both equally.

As I noted in my other review of the other flavor - She's toned down a bit - and will eat about 1/2 of what I put in the bowl now at a month in or so. Her fur looks great (no more of the dry fur issue by her tail that caused little white flakes with our other cat food), she has not gained weight but has not lost (that's perfect), and she has thrown up once. As a reference the cat food she's been on for years was making her throw up about 2x per day (so now you know why I wanted to try something new!)

I'm just completely sold on this. I'm not a connoisseur of cat food - but this looks like it has excellent ingredients. It seems a bit more "meaty" or heavy than other cat foods. It doesn't feel as airy. I guess that's good. It also doesn't make her breath stink like one of the other one's we tried. I've only used high quality food like Iams and Science Diet so it's not like I give her generic food or anything.

Both this and the other flavor are the best foods we've ever used for our girl. Love the velcro in the bag. I think this would be the perfect size for a multi cat household as well. Very strongly recommended. I will come back and post if anything else seems off but, for now, this is the best food we've used to date for her.

Nutrience Natural Healthy Adult Cat Food, 18-Pounds, Turkey, Chicken and Herring
Price: $48.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - My Genevieve actually "Meows" for this!, April 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

When I opened this bag and filled her dish she did the usual search and sniff and pawing around it. I'm never sure what that is about but she's done it since was a kitten. However what I've never seen her do is DIG IN like the food was going to vanish right away. My Genny is 12 and has always been a "grazer" eater - meaning she eats a little bit quite a lot during the day. I do not think I have ever seen her eat a bowl of cat food. Until now. I put about 3/4 cup in the dish and she ate it. ALL.OF.IT. Then she licked her chops, drank a bunch of water and contentedly went and sat on her Cat Fusion Scratcher thingy. She's just never done that. This was followed the next morning by active meowing until such a time as I fed her and she repeated this behavior.

The Only One Who Matters
The Only One Who Matters
Price: $3.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up!, April 7, 2014
Such an interesting contrast to the first book. The way the relationship gets challenged by the very thing that brought them together. Very strong writing - liked the evolution. What happens just seemed so right on with all that came before. Events had consequences and far reaching effects - and heck that is life ya know?

When All the World Sleeps
When All the World Sleeps
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to read - really had me all over the place!, April 7, 2014
A very emotional read. I think I spent a lot of time wondering if I felt admiration or pity for Daniel because it almost seemed sacrilegious to feel both at the same time somehow. Like I had to compartmentalize my feelings. I think I was mirroring Daniel. It ends much more hopeful but this is not a book where there is a great cure and everything is all right. I mean I know these two authors wouldn't give anyone an easy out and such is the case here. Daniel's damage is so severe that he appears almost schizophrenic at times - I think I wanted to know truly that the sleepwalking was it and that he wasn't having other illnesses because he appeared so off at times to me. More than I expected. At the end I still struggled with Bel and his relationship because it seemed somehow unbalanced.

Superb writing as always - and for all its deep darkness it was surprisingly sweet. Almost like bitter chocolate candy with a sweet creamy inside.

Happy Herbivore Light & Lean: Over 150 Low-Calorie Recipes with Workout Plans for Looking and Feeling Great
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my top fave's!, April 7, 2014
So far I like everything I've made out of here. The Chocolate Muffins with Cranberries are so so good. I fed them to TEENAGERS who were not vegan and they loved them. I've made several other recipes from various places - mostly veggie based and all were good. I'll keep this updated as I make more recipes but I am really liking this author a lot. Though the baked stuff I've made tends to be a bit denser it was very tasty!

Infected: Bloodlines
Infected: Bloodlines
Price: $6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding pacing, foreshadowing, and tension!, April 7, 2014
Sublime. Exceedingly well paced. Foreshadow used well (maybe a little too well). Emotional and haunting but you know when it comes why its there. Sorry for the cryptic. I also enjoyed the detective story running alongside and parallel to the person one - much like for Roan it gave me a break from the emotional parts. This one never felt long yet at times I just wanted it over. I cried and I never cry. It was really so well written it just grabbed you and didn't let you go until you were shredded.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20