Profile for AlexJouJou > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 514

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AlexJouJou RSS Feed (D.C.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Saucony Women's Triumph ISO-Series Running Shoe,Twilight/Oxygen/Citron,7 W US
Saucony Women's Triumph ISO-Series Running Shoe,Twilight/Oxygen/Citron,7 W US
Price: $149.95
2 used & new from $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars You will feel the WHOA!, December 21, 2014
I'm a running shoe addict. I'm trying very hard to get to the point where I say I'm a "reformed" running shoe addict. However - today is not that day. I tried these on at a Saucony event at a Charm City Run store in Annapolis, MD but they did not have wide's so I came here to ammy and of course they have the C/D size. Yay for ammy!

I love the fit of these. I found the Medium size to be just a bit narrow - I have a foot that likes a wide but can do usually very well with a regular if I got up 1/2 size. I tried in these but the length of the shoe didn't fit right in 7.5M. So I ordered a 7C/D and it's quite perfect. It is comfy to run in with good support (neutral not a stability shoe) and it does provide flex at the front. It cinches pretty tight around the mid foot which helps me keep my gait and stride in good form. I hated the Triumph 11 (last version without the ISO) because it felt like I had two pieces of bricks strapped to my feet. These do not feel like that - they are def. more cushioned in the forefoot under the ball of foot but they never feel like I'm running on blocks. They have a pretty good energy return and have become one of my 2 go to long distance trainers (outside of my Altra shoes which are my regular running shoes for all distances). I go to these when I get my feet worked on because the 8mm drop does help after I've had therapy on my arches and ball of foot - because the cushion and height do make it easier to run longer with them. I'm excited about this direction in shoes. The other huge benefit (and worthy of the 5th star) is there are no obnoxiously stitched overlays like there are in the Ride 7 that gave me blood and other blisters like crazy. These just have a very comfy mesh, no pressure points at all, and fit like a dream.

I feel the WHOA. Nice job!

Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy
Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy
Price: $4.89
46 used & new from $3.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitten loves it, it's soft and the way it spins is mesmerizing for him. Older cats took a pass...., December 21, 2014
Kitten loves it. Older cats are just blah. However the kitten (6 mos old) just absolutely loves this thing. You can play for quite a long time with him with it. It does require supervision because he can get it wrapped around himself pretty badly so I wouldn't leave him alone but for the interactive play that we do every day with him this is pretty much perfect!

Jökul ® 3 Pack Generic Lifeproof Headphone Wires / Adapter Replacement - Jacks / Seals / Covers / Screws for Iphone 5/5s/5c Case (White)
Offered by Scandinavian Trading
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great - just like the one's that came with the case!, December 21, 2014
These work very well. They fit perfectly and are the exact same size as the original. I like the white because I have a white Lifeproof case. Nothing remarkable but solid and inexpensive. Recommended.

GoCat Da Bird Pull Apart Rod and Bird Cat Feather Toys, Assorted Colors
GoCat Da Bird Pull Apart Rod and Bird Cat Feather Toys, Assorted Colors
Price: $10.21
11 used & new from $6.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Pole and Line are garbage, feather attachments are awesome!, December 21, 2014
I'm not sure if I just got a lemon of a cat toy here. The feathers are great. It's the "line" part of this that's downright awful. It's just string so when you swish it around the line part gets all twisted together (think of how your blow dryer cord ends up all twisted together and that's what it looks like) and it's really pretty much useless. Mine is 100% cheap plastic - NOT fiberglass at all. It feels like the plastic piece on those little toy windmills I got as a kid and about as sturdy (it bends a lot). I ended up taking the attachments and putting them on another wand toy and it works wonderfully AND it sounds like a real bird. The toys were the same price - so I'm not very happy with this one. Either I got a substandard one with a bad string or maybe I'm using it wrong...it's not complicated though. The cats love the feathers but the wand itself is very long (too long IMHO) and the string getting all tangled up on itself makes it only useful or about 2 minutes. The other toy (similar toy but with a mouse that attaches) has no problem with the string because it's some sort of light metal and it doesn't tangle and is sturdy. I'm playing with a 6 month old kitten and he is energetic but not huge or particularly demanding. I can heartily recommend the attachments here (otherwise it would have been one star) but the fact it is only string and not a more sturdy material that doesn't get wound up on itself that suffices for the "line" means I cannot recommend this pole unit. Buy the feather pieces and put them on another cat toy that has a sturdier pole.

Stayfree Ultra Thin Pads Super Long with Wings, 32 Count
Stayfree Ultra Thin Pads Super Long with Wings, 32 Count
Price: $8.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice packaging, adhere well, do not move, are soft, and not obnoxiously odored! (is that a word?), December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like the Stayfree brand of pads. I'm more of a tampon user but I prefer pads at night or at the beginning, especially if I'm feeling cramps. These are very soft, very secure with excellent adhesive, and they do not move around. The scent is pleasant but not overwhelming and they fit in a purse pretty easily. I deducted a star because I found the center part a bit narrow - so while they are long enough the center part where you adhere to your panties can get a little too narrow for really heavy flow. For those days you are better off with the overnight version. Otherwise a winner!

Stayfree Ultra Thin Pads Overnight with Wings, 40 Count
Stayfree Ultra Thin Pads Overnight with Wings, 40 Count
Price: $9.03
9 used & new from $9.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, comfortable, you are not hit in the head with the scent - these will do ya'!, December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are my standard pads for overnight. They are comfortable, lightly scented, and do a good job of covering all the bases if you know what I mean. Having just gone through a cycle these work well at night and other times when the flow is heavy. I like the adhesive which always stays put and does not migrate. They are very soft and flexible so do not feel like you have a diaper on. Thumbs up!

Purina Beyond Natural Canned Cat Food, Grain Free Chicken, Beef and Carrot Recipe, 3-Ounce Can, Pack of 12
Price: $20.28
3 used & new from $14.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Cat didn't like it!, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
2 Stars - I actually didn't eat it myself but my not too finicky about wet food cat would not eat it. She licked the liquid and left all the wet food. That has happened like twice to her -- ever. I don't know if it is the recipe, taste, or what. I'm not eating it to find out (but then I have no frame of reference for what good cat food is supposed to taste like). She loves the other Beyond Dry Cat Food - but this was a no go!

Umbra T-Frame T-Shirt Display, White
Umbra T-Frame T-Shirt Display, White
Offered by Everly Home & Gift
Price: $29.99
8 used & new from $27.00

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for smaller T-Shirts, requires some maneuvering!, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As other reviewers have stated this works best with a small t shirt. I have an Adult S and it worked pretty well. It is a signed T that I got at a running event - so I wanted to frame it. I didn't find it particularly difficult but it wasn't easy either. It took a bit of work to, well, make it work. Overall for what it is - it's a great idea and functions. I thought it would look better on the wall - it's just o.k.

Purina Beyond Natural Dry Cat Food, White Meat Chicken and Whole Oat Meal Recipe, 13-Pound bag, Pack of 1
Price: $28.49
6 used & new from $28.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Easily tolerated for older kitty - who enjoys eating it and is a finicky feline!, December 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a 12 year old fussy kitty. Since her name is Geneieve one wonders if that name contributed - she's a little snotty LOL. Anyway - she struggles with the throwing up problem. Many regular type grocery store cat foods cause her to throw up about 35% of what she eats. The Purina Beyond has not yet been thrown up. This is good. She was very engaged in it when it arrived - sniffing the box, waiting (never patiently), and generally being a nuisance until I opened it up and filled her bowl. We give her a smaller amount more frequently as that seems also to help the vomiting issue. She was very happy to eat it. That would get it 3 stars. The kind of odd strange behavior she displays around this food is what earned it the fourth star - she doesn't gorge on it. She eats for about 3-4 minutes and the walks away. We watched her and she goes back maybe in 2 hours or so and eats some more. I have no idea why she is displaying this pattern now. She's always been a gorger (for many years she was part of a multi cat household with us and it was get your food or starve because the others were very bossy!) and this behavior has consistently been observed. She does not do it with this food. My theory is that also helps with throwing up but I'm not a vet.

At 12 - and with a diagnosed stomach mass of some sort that is "unremarkable" and no signs of cancer -- I'm inclined to let her eat what she wants more. I want to keep her healthy - but I'm trying to balance that with being too vigilant and then having something happen anyway. I've been down that pathway before - and sort of like my Dad (who is in his late 70's) we try to find a balance that allows enough enjoyment without being too strict.

I'm not the food expert on cat food - no "cafoodie" here. This one though was easily tolerated, seemed to reduce the gorging, and a bonus it doesn't smell terrible like some do (that would not prevent me from buying..just a nice side effect!).

Viva Labs Organic Maca Powder: Gelatinized for Enhanced Bioavailability, Non-GMO, 1lb Bag

3.0 out of 5 stars Good form of the powder in smoothies!, November 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm pretty sold on the health benefits of this powder. I have done a lot of research and definitely understand the benefit of gelatinized for ease of use and flavor and so on. I thought this was an o.k. powder. It's hard to avoid the taste which is...different. I'm very tolerant in general of things like this because I enjoy some of the more earthy, bitter, or unusual flavors that you can get in food that is not everyday for you (or, me). This worked very well in smoothies where I used soy milk or rice milk. I did not like the flavor when combined with almond milk. It might be subtle but it felt off. The smoothies it works best in are the one's that have other strong flavors as well that help balance (spinach, kale, vegetables, etc).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2014 1:00 PM PST