Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for RichFDrums > Reviews

Browse

RichFDrums' Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RichFDrums RSS Feed (Annandale, VA United States)

iPad Case, JETech® Gold Slim-Fit Folio Smart Case Cover with Back Case for Apple the New iPad 4 & 3 (3rd and 4th Generation with Retina Display) / iPad 2 (Dark Grey)
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $10.99
4 used & new from $8.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected (for the price), November 2, 2015
Much better than I expected (for the price). I've tried a few of these lower-cost iPad cases, and in my mind, this one's definitely the next best alternative to the horrendously overpriced Apple Smart Case. Two thumbs up.

Amazon Music with Prime Music
Amazon Music with Prime Music
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE: FIXED (was "A music player that can't play music. Seriously?"), March 31, 2011
UPDATE - ATTENTION EVO 4G USERS: It turns out (after much online research today) that the issues I was experiencing were unique to the HTC Evo 4G, and were the result of a software update that had been pushed out to Evo users earlier this year. Apparently this update had changed HTTP and RTSP streaming settings/configuration in a way that affected certain apps--in this case it rendered the Amazon cloud player completely useless.

Interestingly, Pandora was somehow never affected by it, and so I hadn't noticed the problem until now. Go figure.

Anyway, the issue can easily be resolved by contacting Sprint Technical Support (1-888-211-4727) and asking the rep to apply the work around listed as 'HTC EVO 4G (A9292) - UPDATED 2-1-2011: Streaming multimedia applications receiving errors on software version 3.70.651.1' in Sprint's device portal. I did this, and when I finally got to a tech support rep, he immediately knew what I was talking about, pushed an over-the-air fix, and 5 minutes later I was streaming from the Amazon mp3 cloud (over 3G) without any issues at all.

It works perfectly now. Sweet. I'm upgrading my rating from 1 star (when I really meant 0) to 3 stars.

---- previous review -----:

This review is specific to the new "cloud player" functionality of the app. Two words: utterly useless. I would honestly give it 0 stars if I could.

I'm on an HTC Evo (Android 2.2). Regardless of my connection--WiFi, 4G, 3G--I continually get the same "Network Error" when trying to play anything at all in the app. It just doesn't work. All other network-dependent apps on my device are working perfectly fine, while the Amazon MP3 player fails.

I wouldn't even consider this alpha-quality software. Did this thing even go through QA at all?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2011 7:06 AM PDT