Profile for RichFDrums > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RichFDrums RSS Feed (Annandale, VA United States)

Amazon Music with Prime Music
Amazon Music with Prime Music
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE: FIXED (was "A music player that can't play music. Seriously?"), March 31, 2011
UPDATE - ATTENTION EVO 4G USERS: It turns out (after much online research today) that the issues I was experiencing were unique to the HTC Evo 4G, and were the result of a software update that had been pushed out to Evo users earlier this year. Apparently this update had changed HTTP and RTSP streaming settings/configuration in a way that affected certain apps--in this case it rendered the Amazon cloud player completely useless.

Interestingly, Pandora was somehow never affected by it, and so I hadn't noticed the problem until now. Go figure.

Anyway, the issue can easily be resolved by contacting Sprint Technical Support (1-888-211-4727) and asking the rep to apply the work around listed as 'HTC EVO 4G (A9292) - UPDATED 2-1-2011: Streaming multimedia applications receiving errors on software version 3.70.651.1' in Sprint's device portal. I did this, and when I finally got to a tech support rep, he immediately knew what I was talking about, pushed an over-the-air fix, and 5 minutes later I was streaming from the Amazon mp3 cloud (over 3G) without any issues at all.

It works perfectly now. Sweet. I'm upgrading my rating from 1 star (when I really meant 0) to 3 stars.

---- previous review -----:

This review is specific to the new "cloud player" functionality of the app. Two words: utterly useless. I would honestly give it 0 stars if I could.

I'm on an HTC Evo (Android 2.2). Regardless of my connection--WiFi, 4G, 3G--I continually get the same "Network Error" when trying to play anything at all in the app. It just doesn't work. All other network-dependent apps on my device are working perfectly fine, while the Amazon MP3 player fails.

I wouldn't even consider this alpha-quality software. Did this thing even go through QA at all?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2011 7:06 AM PDT