Profile for Kimberly > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 199

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kimberly RSS Feed (Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
POWERADE Mountain Berry Blast, 8 ct, 20 FL OZ Bottle
POWERADE Mountain Berry Blast, 8 ct, 20 FL OZ Bottle
Price: $4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite flavor of Powerade..., November 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mountain Berry Blast is my favorite flavor of Powerade. If you enjoy berry flavored drinks or fruit punch flavored, you will love Mountain Berry Blast. Powerade does have that distinct salty factor like other sports drinks since it contains sodium and potassium in it. It also is formulated with 4 different B vitamins.

These 20 oz bottles are great to throw in a lunchbox or take out on a run, walk, or a workout to help replenish the fluids you lose in sweat. If you are looking for a new sports drink or an alternative to other brands, I'd recommend this yummy flavor of Powerade!

Graduation Day (The Testing)
Graduation Day (The Testing)
by Joelle Charbonneau
Price: $13.53
65 used & new from $8.17

4.0 out of 5 stars a satisfying conclusion to an enjoyable trilogy..., September 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Graduation Day is the final book in The Testing trilogy by Joelle Charbonneau.

Stating off from where Independent Study ended, Graduation Day tells the story of gifted student Cia Vale who learns of the many secrets and conspiracies of her government and her ability to fight back against their system called The Testing. Upon learning that the rebel forces’ leader is actually sided with the Dr. Barnes, Cia makes a desperate plea to the President to end the Testing. But in order to do so, Dr. Barnes and his many friends must perish. The President asks the impossible of Cia...to kill Dr. Barnes and his inner circle. Can she and her friends do the impossible or will the Testing continue and many more innocent Commonwealth citizens perish because of its cruel and unusual requirements?...

So I really enjoyed the conclusion to this series! Cia really grew as a character for me and instead of following people’s orders she stood up for herself and decided her own path for herself. Tomas for me was still a very meh character who had no growth whatsoever from the first book. Their romance was very ant-climatic to me throughout the series and I could have done without it entirely. I actually really enjoyed the friendship she had with Raffe and the dynamics of their relationship. It seemed more genuine and real than anything she had with Tomas. The body count in this final volume is HIGH. I was quite surprised that the author killed off so many characters, whether major or minor in this final book. It reminded me of Mockingjay and how so many characters in that book died. We find out what happened to the students that were Redirected and it was a little disturbing but expected. The ending was a little rushed in my opinion, but I felt that it was a satisfying conclusion to this series. The closing sentences also made it seemed that the series could be continued if the author desired, however I doubt that will happen.

All in all, I recommend this series if you enjoy the dystopian genre, thrillers, and action/adventure stories. If you enjoy Hunger Games type novels, than I would check out The Testing trilogy.

Coca-Cola Mini-Can (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)
Coca-Cola Mini-Can (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)
Price: $3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars great for those who like a smaller portion..., September 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What's there to say about these? It's just your typical Coca-Cola but in smaller cans. Same great taste and quality in the product, but they just come in smaller and cuter cans. It's great for those who like regular pop/soda but want are watching their calorie intact and want a smaller portion, or those who have trouble drinking a whole 12 oz can of pop at once.

The only downside I see is that I have seen these 7.5 oz cans in the stores and they are the same price or more expensive than the average 12 pack. And you get much less Coke than the 12 packs. If you really need to watch your portion size, then I'd recommend these but if not, go with the 12 oz cans packs.

Now Designs Superior Oven Mitt, Butcher Stripe, Set of 2
Now Designs Superior Oven Mitt, Butcher Stripe, Set of 2
Offered by KITCHEN COUTURE
Price: $17.95
2 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars great fit and protection aganist hot pots/pans, September 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These Now Designs Oven Mitts are a great addition to any cook and kitchen! They are made of 100% cotton and are very thick that they will provide great protection between bare hands and a super hot pan that has been in a 450 degree oven. There is lots of padding inside the mitts. I wouldn't submerge these in water but they do seem to be resistant to getting wet. I haven't really washed them yet so I cannot comment on how they hold up in a wash but so far they have been excellent in protecting my hands.

Some people may think they are rather large for smaller hands but I think they are perfect. They can fit anywhere between dainty hands to larger hands in men. I like my blue and white striped ones but the come in many fun colors. I also like the fact that they come in a pair. Many mitts only come in one and you have to buy two to make a set or use mismatched mitts. If you are looking for a new pair of oven mitts for you kitchen, I'd definitely recommend these!

AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack) Pre-charged
AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack) Pre-charged
Price: $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent rechargeable batteries!, July 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Amazon Basics are a great value if you're looking for rechargeable batteries that last a long time. They come conveniently pre-charged and ready to use out of the box. In my testing, they had about 85% power left straight out of the box and lasted 3 weeks (8 hours a day) in my Apple Magic Mouse. Each battery is 2,600maH which is really nice since they can compete very well with alkaline batteries that typically have the same capacity.

The batteries charge quickly within 3-4 hours and have no compatibility issues with my Apple brand AA battery charger. They stop charging as soon as they hit 100%, so there's no worry if you leave them on the charger overnight for a few extra hours as it won't harm the batteries. They should work with any Ni-MH battery charger, so it's not a surprise. Just be careful and don't try placing these into an older lithium ion battery charger because you may potentially damage them!

Alkaline batteries can cost a lot of money, especially if you buy a trustworthy brand like Energize or Duracell. These batteries have saved me a ton of money since it costs cents to recharge, and they last for weeks. They even last a long time if you let them sit without use, so they're always powered and ready to use thanks to the Ni-HM technology. I would highly recommend these and would buy more if I ever need more rechargeable batteries.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2014 7:55 AM PST

Five Star Magnetic Storage Pocket, Neoprene, Black/Blue (72250)
Five Star Magnetic Storage Pocket, Neoprene, Black/Blue (72250)
Price: $11.01

4.0 out of 5 stars great little storage pocket, June 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Five Star Magnetic Storage Pocket is a great little storage center for pens, mini notepads, your cellphone, etc. It looks to fit on a standard sized locker door (pouch is 5.75 x 8 inches big), and if need be you could also put it on the wall of the inside part of the locker. The pockets are expandable, allowing you to fit thicker things inside them.

Storage pouch is made with high quality material and their are 4 magnets on the back in each corner. The magnets claim to be slam resistant so that the storage pouch does not fall. You could also use this on the fridge or any other magnetic surface to store dry-erase markers, pens, grocery lists, etc. I'm starting a job in the OR next month and will be using it in my locker in the locker room.

Overall, a great product. Recommend it to middle/high school students, those who have a personal locker in a locker room, or those who want some pen storage space for their fridge or any other magnetic surface.

After the End
After the End
by Amy Plum
Price: $14.79
57 used & new from $10.01

4.0 out of 5 stars a fast-paced read with some minor issues, June 18, 2014
This review is from: After the End (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After the End is the first novel in a new trilogy by Amy Plum.

Juneau grows up fearing the outside world. Growing up in a small village in the wilderness of Alaska, Juneau is taught that in 1984, World War III occurred and devastated the planet. The majority of people died, cities were destroyed, and the Earth was left a wasteland. The only people left are her clan. Her parents and the elders fled the world for the wilderness of Alaska so that they would not be affected by the war. However, one day when Juneau is out hunting, she sees a helicopter and discovers that her entire clan has been kidnapped. Desperate to save them, she goes on a journey and comes across Anchorage, Alaska. It is there that she learns that everything she was told about World War III is a lie. There was never a war and modern society still continues to exist. Juneau is forced to learn how to cope with this new foreign world, using only the skills and tools she has used in the wilderness all her life. And while she is looking for her clan, someone else is also looking for her. Someone dangerous, but who may also hold the secrets to her past...

After the End sounded right up my alley and it did not disappoint. The first half of it was a super fast-paced read. The 2nd half slowed down a bit but I still enjoyed it. Juneau was a really engaging female protagonist. She may be in a strange foreign new world, but she's able to take care of herself. Miles, the boy she ends up traveling with was also a great character as well. He starts off with a bad-boy type attitude at the beginning of the book but by the end he wants to be a better person because of Juneau. The only thing that I really didn't like was that Miles and Juneau's relationship turns into some silly romance by the end that did not seem real. The story is told in alternating points of view from Juneau and Mile's POV which I really liked since you got to see both sides of the coin. The world-building wasn't the greatest either because the story is pretty much told in modern society (Seattle, LA, Salt Lake, etc.), and is more character driven. There's a whole lot of talk about the Yara which is sort of a cult-ish religion Juneau's mentor created and is resembles the Gaia Movement of the 1960-70s. Hearing Juneau talk about the Yara this and the Yara that did get old REALLY fast. The book ends with a big cliffhanger which I'm guessing will be where the 2nd book picks right off. I'm looking forward to reading how Juneau goes about saving her family and clan.

Overall After the End was an enjoyable read. If you enjoy dystopians (although it really wasn't one), thrillers, or young adult fiction, I would recommend giving this book a try.

Tide Plus A Touch of Downy April Fresh Scent Liquid Laundry Detergent 48 Loads, 92 Fl Oz
Price: $9.94

4.0 out of 5 stars great scent and cleaning power, June 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My family usually never uses Tide since it is so expensive in the stores, even when it is on sale. However I decided to give this Tide April Fresh scent with Downy added in a try and I do like it.

The liquid isn't translucent like other liquid detergents I have use but a milky blue color. It had a strong cherry cough syrup like scent when I first sniffed it as well. But after washing and drying my clothes, it has a nice subtle cherry-like scent that I really like. My clothes also came out soft without the use of fabric softener sheets, but I'll probably still use them anyway in the future just for the scent. I had a BBQ sauce stain on one of my favorite t-shirts. I had pretreated it right after it happened but waited awhile to wash the shirt. The Tide took the remainder of the stain right out and I was super happy.

I have broken out in hives in the past when trying different detergents but this Tide did not upset my skin. Overall, an excellent product and one that I would buy again if it wasn't so expensive in the store.

A Girl Called Fearless: A Novel (The Girl Called Fearless Series)
A Girl Called Fearless: A Novel (The Girl Called Fearless Series)
by Catherine Linka
Price: $14.31
77 used & new from $2.15

4.0 out of 5 stars a novel that touches upon women's rights..., May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A Girl Called Fearless is a novel by Catherine Linka.

Sixteen year old Avie Reveare still mourns the death of her mother. 10 years prior, a synthetic hormone found in beef was found to be the cause of the death of 50 million women nationwide. The hormone was thought to be responsible for the growth of cancer cells in ovaries. Only those who were of child-bearing age were affected. Avie dreams of going to college, a career in psychology, and also dreams of Yates, the boy she has loved since childhood. However, her father Contracts her to marry a Paternalist politician. The Paternalists believe women should not work, go to college, vote, or have any voice heard. They believe that women should be protected and kept at home to raise children. Avie knows that she has 2 options. One: run away to her freedom or two: be stuck in a loveless and controlling marriage. Both are as equally dangerous and both will forever change her life...

The blurb of this book really intrigued me into reading it and I was so glad I did. I really enjoyed A Girl Called Fearless. Avie's character has some witt, even in some of her most trying times. She starts off the novel unsure of herself and if she should run, but by novel's end she's as the title of the book says: fearless. And the main theme of the book was really interesting too--it's basically a women's rights novel. Reading about the Paternalists' agenda really made me angry as a woman. I could not imagine a world where girls are not allowed to vote, go to school, or work. But then you think about our world today, there are countries out there who enforce these types of laws. But it was interesting to read a novel in which is was happening in our country, the USA. The novel ends in a way that suggests that there could be a sequel, however from what I've seen online, it looks to be a stand-alone novel (Goodreads doesn't have a 2nd book listed). I do wish we eventually get some closure on what happens to Avie and Yates.

Overall, a really excellent read that I would recommend to those who love contemporary fiction, thrillers, young adult fiction, and women's fiction. I'll be on to lookout for more of Catherine Linka's novels!

OXO Good Grips SimplyRoll Napkin Holder
OXO Good Grips SimplyRoll Napkin Holder
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars decent napkin holder, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This OXO Good Grips Napkin Holder is a decent one for someone looking to use one on their kitchen/dining table or on a picnic table. The body of the holder is weighted and heavy, making sure that it will stay standing when placed on a surface. You can fit a substantial amount of napkins in this and the weighted bar keeps them down and avoids any possibility of them blowing away if you were outside.

The weighted bar came off on me at first and I was confused at first how to get it back in but I eventually figured it out. It's not the prettiest napkin holder, but if all you care about is functionality, then I would recommend this holder.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20