Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Francine Gordon > Reviews

Browse

Francine Gordon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Francine Gordon RSS Feed (Sunnyvale, CA USA)

Sharing the Work: What My Family and Career Taught Me about Breaking Through (and Holding the Door Open for Others) (MIT Press)
by Myra Strober
Price: $19.89
39 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, inspirational, and intriguing. What more could you want?, April 19, 2016
Let me start with a disclosure: I’m one of a vast group of women who greatly admire Myra Strober and who have benefitted from her friendship and support. My relationship with Myra was why I read the memoir. Her thoroughly engaging storytelling is why I love it.

The writing style is warm, informative and always entertaining. Her colorful descriptions make people and events come alive. It's a personal story, filled with success & disappointments, courageous acts and fears, decisive action and regret. Woven into the story is the history of the modern women’s movement as lived by one of its leaders. [Myra founded one of the first two centers in the US for research about women]. Young men and women will probably be surprised to see the challenges women faced in the middle to late twentieth century. Baby boomers will appreciate references to the politics, historic events and mention of songs and objects of days gone by. And everyone can enjoy Myra’s wit and wisdom.

Bottom line- it's a book well worth reading.

Organic Shea Butter - Raw & Unrefined - Preimum Quality - Grade A - Ivory African Shea Butter - for Skin, Hair, Stretch Marks and DIY Skin Care - Resealable Jar for Easy Storage - 1 Pound
Offered by goPure Naturals
Price: $19.00
2 used & new from $9.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, January 24, 2016
A physician showed me how to use shea butter (with a little essential oil added) for a face massage. For the demo, she provided the shea butter which I was easily able to liquify by warming it in my hands.
Based on the Amazon reviews, I bought this product. It is hard- almost gritty- and does not become soft. Rubbing it in the palms of my hand had no affect on the consistency. Thinking maybe my hands were not warm enough, I held a mug of boiling water in the palms of my hands, hoping the added heat would help. It did not. The consistency remained like a thick paste.

Progressive Prep Works - Berry Colander (Red or Purple, Selected at Random)
Progressive Prep Works - Berry Colander (Red or Purple, Selected at Random)
Offered by S&C Corner
Price: $7.27
9 used & new from $2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, September 20, 2013
Overall the colander works as promised. The only disappointment is that it is a little smaller than I expected. I haven't measured capacity but it looks like it holds 2 cups, not 3.

Lily of France Women's In Action Cotton Underwire Sports Bra 2101755, Black, 38DD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bra for the money, September 20, 2013
It is true to size. Fabric is very comfortable and it dries quickly. Provides support without the uniboob look- so can use everyday as well as at the gym

Connective Behaviors That Spur Innovation: EMC West Coast Women's Leadership Forum: Driving Innovation
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful information in a compact package, March 23, 2013
The connective behaviors referred to in the title include everything from crossing boundaries/breaking silos within organization to global connections enabled by technology. Each contributor offers helpful advice on how to foster collaboration.

SquareTrade 4-Year Camera Protection Plan ($150-$175)
SquareTrade 4-Year Camera Protection Plan ($150-$175)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: $24.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service on warranty, May 10, 2012
I purchased a Square Trade warranty for a refurbished Kodak Zi8. Good thing I did. The camera developed problems about a year after I purchased it (although I had hardly used it). Bottom line- Square Trade provided me with a label to ship the camera back to them. Because the camera is no longer available- they refunded me the amount I paid within one week. I will definitely use Square Trade's warranty service for all future electronics purchases.