Profile for Amazon Reviewer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Reviewer RSS Feed

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX150 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (Blue) (2012 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Cybershot WX150 Review, August 4, 2012
After almost a straight week of researching types of cameras, I decided to purchase the Sony Cybershot WX150. I bought this for it's HD video, to replace my old Nikon L20 camera. Of course I also use this for pictures.

Camera Size/Build/Feel- The camera is very thin and small. The downside to this is that you feel you could break the camera just by using it. I also noticed there are some lose parts on the camera. For example the SD card/battery holder. The actual buttons on the camera are good. The are many setting on this camera for you to take the perfect photo(im not really going to go into all the settings).

Quality of photos- I've only taking about 5 photos but the are pretty good quality. There is no light in the picture even if you took a picture of something in front of a window.

Quality of videos- Like I said this was the main reason I bought this camera. The HD videos are amazing. However if your a Mac user, like me, videos won't import into iPhoto(which is annoying). So if you want to import videos you have to plug your camera into your Mac, go to iMovie and import form there. Also iMovie doesn't support 1080p videos, which is a huge letdown. So you'll have to buy a separate program for Mac, unless you own one, to have true HD videos.

Overall- This is a good camera. Lots of settings, battery life is good, videos are great, and photos are great. The only downside is the camera is fragile, and Mac users might not like how iPhoto cant import videos.

Christopher Nolan Director's Collection (Memento / Insomnia / Batman Begins / The Dark Knight / Inception) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Christopher Nolan Director's Collection
Price: $49.99
18 used & new from $26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Christopher Nolan Director's Collection Review, July 15, 2012
Christopher Nolan is my favorite director. Now we get all of his best movies(except Prestige) in Blu-Ray along with a 36 page art book, 10 photo cards, and $8 off the Dark Knight Rises. The price is also very good($35 from Walmart).

Movies- All the movies are amazing! I haven't seen Insomnia or Memento, but Batman Begins, Dark Knight, and Inception are my favorite movies. Really excited for Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel(which he's producing)

Photos- The photo cards are nice, as well. There's not much i can say but there like post cards with pictures from each movie.

Art book-Very nice. Each page has quotes, behind the scenes pics, and summaries of each movie. There's 36 pages total.

Overall- A very good-priced, high quality collection for any fan of Christopher Nolan's movie. You also get $8 bucks off the Dark Knight Rises, as I said before.

Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3
Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3
Offered by Dragonshop
Price: $9.74
228 used & new from $0.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Max Payne 3 Review, May 21, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Rockstar's next big game is here, but is it worth it? This is my first game purchase of 2012 and I'm glad I bought it. Max Payne 3 is great in terms of story, characters, and atmosphere, but the gameplay can be really good or bad at times. This game does have some issues but you should still give it a shot (no pun intended).

Story- Without spoiling anything the story takes place with Max entering his new apartment. He starts drinking, popping pills, weeping over his dead family, etc. You can tell Max has a lot of issues. He works for a rich family in Brazil, but mainly he works with one brother, Rodrigo Branco, and his wife in São Paulo. After Rodrigo 's wife is kidnapped Max goes on a hunt for her and discovers darker secrets of the city. I was always interested in the next cutscene to see where the story was going.

Graphics- If you couldn't tell already the graphics are amazing. You feel like your actually in Brazil/New Jersey. The sunlight, slum-like buildings, kids playing soccer, water, bullets, blood, and so on. Max's animations are also great with every reload, jump, twist etc. The cutscenes also look great with a blurring effect adding to them. I should note there was some pop in from time to time. The worst time was when I entered a room and Max was stuck on an invisible wall. All of a sudden 4 pillars popped up out of nowhere.

Gameplay- As I noted before the gameplay can be good or bad. The good things are you can use Bullet Time to slow time down and shoot certain body parts(heads). Some parts of the game take place in a moving boat, or ridding a bus which keep the game interesting. Flashback moments, which take Max back to New Jersey are also fun to play through. The enemy AI is also some of the best I've ever played against. The downside is that there are many moments in the game where the AI goes from being a fun challenge to a difficult nightmare. You'll have guys in full armor running at you from every angle. Worse than this is I'll have just killed every member of a group but 1, I'll have a spec of health left and a few bullets, so when you pop out of cover your shot in the head immediately by the last guy who stayed in cover. The checkpoint system is sometimes unforgiving. You get to the end of some docks, after just killing hundreds of guy and die, which will restart you at the beginning of the docks. Also the last shootout/boss is the toughest fight ever. It took me 15-20 tries on normal before I got lucky.

Sound- Great. The voice actors did a great job and made every character feel real. The soundtrack is also great like, many other Rockstar Games. One giant shootout level had the song "Tears" playing in the background, which made the fight feel real intense.

Overall- Max Payne 3 is a great game. It shines in terms of story, characters, and atmosphere. It's flaws are in it's unforgiving checkpoint system, enemy AI spiking, and ridiculous final fight. It might not compete with Rockstar's other games like Red Dead Redemption or GTA 4, but it's still a great way to start your 2012 gaming and another great game from Rockstar.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2012 7:17 PM PDT

Battlefield 3 - Playstation 3
Battlefield 3 - Playstation 3
Price: $9.96
525 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield 3 Review, January 8, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When I first saw the trailers for Battlefield 3 I was blow away. And each trailer released got me more and more excited. Finally the beta came out and I hated it. It was full of bugs, sniping campers, there was no tanks or jets, and I hated the map and game mode. So as you can probably guess I didn't pick up this game when it launched back in October. No I made the big mistake of getting Call of duty MW3. After awhile I was bored of MW3/hated it and really wanted another multiplayer game that was addictive(the only other one I had was Killzone 3 but nobody really plays it anymore). After about a week of watching multiplayer gameplay and all the crazy things you can do in it, I got it for Christmas.

Graphics: Fantastic! The graphics are really great. The sunlight, guns, buildings, destruction, jets, all look real. Some of the trees look a little 2D with the branches and leaves, but other than that I really cant complain.

Sounds: WOW! I love running through a map with team mates beside me and hearing jets fly above me, tanks shooting down objects, enemy fire, buildings falling down, etc. The sounds are amazing and really add to the feel of war. I have noticed that the sound sometimes cuts out for a few seconds but it's nothing to really complain about.

Multiplayer- While I've never played a Battlefield game before I can say that Battlefield 3 is amazing. If your still debating whether to get MW3 or Battlefield 3, you better get BF3. I've already talked about the sound and graphics, but how does it play? It plays out great. There are some annoying people who go off the map and snipe and thing like that and a few times i'd be shooting and enemy and he'd be shooting me and kill me and its shows he had 1 to 2% health left. Aside from that the maps are great and I love conquest(capture the flag). One other great thing about Battlefield 3 is TEAMWORK. Everyone sticks together and works as a team. You died? Someone will most likely revive you(unless your being a lone wolf). Out of ammo? Go find a ammo pack placed by an support class teammate. Tank about to blow up? Hop out and have an engineer fix it. And snipers don't help at all. Another great thing about Battlefield 3 is you can customize your class while in a match. You don't have to back out of the game to pick a new weapon.

Overall- I love Battlefield 3. I wish I didn't pass up on this great game because of the beta. I also wish I didn't pick MW3 over this. Sorry I didn't review the single player as I bought this game for multiplayer. This is a great game to get and should at least be giving a chance. (The Back to Karkland pack is also out now and it too is a great add on, as I got the limited edition)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Playstation 3
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Playstation 3
Offered by JMS Holdings
Price: $21.44
426 used & new from $1.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review, December 3, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Uncharted 3 was one of my most anticipated games of this year. In some levels it doesn't disappoint but in others it does. I felt like Uncharted 2 had more of a BANG, while Uncharted 3 was just Boom. Don't get me wrong this game is very good but it has a lot of issues that takes me away for the experience.

Graphics: The graphics in Uncharted 3 are fantastic. They are right up there with Killzone 3's graphics. However there were some bugs. I noticed a building or section of game would pop-in randomly as I was climbing, and this happened 2-3 times. Other than that the sand, building, characters, all look great.

Story: This time Drake and his crew are looking of Iram of the Pillars or Atlantis of the Sands, which is supposedly a city of vast fortune in the middle of the Rub al Khali desert. Mix in some villains, flashbacks, destruction, untrustworthiness, and globe trotting adventure and you get Uncharted 3. I did feel like Uncharted 3 had a lot of similar moments Uncharted 2 had. Ex: Uncharted 3 character hurts his leg and you guide him out of a building; Uncharted 2 character gets shot and you guide him through a city. Uncharted 2 and 3 characters come in half way through the game. (SPOILER!!!!!!!- Uncharted 2 and 3 both ancient cites your trying to find are destroyed. END SPOILER!!!!!)

Multiplayer: I was never able to play Uncharted 2's multiplayer because it wouldn't connect me in for some reason. However Uncharted 3's multiplayer is a blast. It's like playing the campaign but against better AI enemies. There are a lot of irritating this in it, like blind firing shotguners, RPG freaks, camping snipers, and so on. But it's still fun running around as a Helghast (Killzone character skin I bought in the store) and climbing and shooting people.

Bugs: Normally I wouldn't make a "Bugs" topic in my reviews, but Uncharted 3 had so many I felt I should tell everyone.(these are all campaign bugs, not multiplayer)
1- Lag every now and again
2- Pop in
3- Enemies getting stuck in objects
4- Audio cuts out for about 10 seconds(happened to me twice)
5- Companions stay in place even after you killed everyone.
6-Enemies just stand around and do nothing
7- Whenever against a wall and you move your L3 stick to look around you'll see the wall and a blue background behind it

Overall: I know it may sound like Uncharted 3 is a bad game, but it's not. It just needs a patch or two to fix some of the story mode issues. The overall campaign is great, multiplayer is awesome as well. Uncharted 3 is a great buy, but you might encounter some bugs along your journey.

Batman: Arkham City for Playstation 3
Batman: Arkham City for Playstation 3
Offered by dealzbyjay
Price: $22.99
279 used & new from $3.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Batman: Arkham City Review, October 23, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If your looking for a open world game full of villains, puzzles, combat, and all things Batman, you should look here. Batman Arkham City is a great game to get this holiday season, and I wouldn't say that if it wasn't true because we all know there are a ton of upcoming games to get, like MW3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Assassins Creed Revelations, Battlefield 3, etc., and most people aren't looking to spend more money.

Graphics- The graphics look great. The world is full of different buildings, streets, and other objects, and it looks great. Theres even snow falling form the sky. Cutscenes look better and more realistic(characters don't have "bug" like eyes and barley moving mouths, like in Arkham Asylum). I have nothing to complain about the graphics, but i'm sure someone will.

Gameplay- The combat and puzzles in Arkham city are great as well. Batman has a lot of new moves, in fact at times it can be irritating trying to remember certain buttons to push. (Ex: one move requires you,on the PS3, to push o o x and another is L1 o, L1 triangle, etc.) The new gliding system is really great too, it's a lot of fun gliding around. Batman also has many new gadgets that are useful, like freeze bombs, smoke bombs, electrical charge gun, etc., and many old gadgets have new features.There are also many side missions that have their own story, like Mr. Freeze mission where you try to find his wife or help Bane destroy Titian containers. When your not gliding around, fighting thugs, or getting new gadgets, you'll be trying to find and solve the Riddlers 400 new challenges, trophies, and hostages to save all over the city.

Villains and Thugs- All the villains from the Batman universe that you can think of are most likely in Arkham City. However I do have an issue with some villains. Some of the villains have a very small cameo like Two Face. Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange. The main villains in the game are Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and Mr. Freeze. Now on to the thugs. The prisoners of Arkham City are much tougher than the Asylum. They move and punch Batman more, they shoot down ledges if they know you've been there and are more challenging to defeat.

Overall- Batman Arkham City is awesome. It brings many new things to this universe. However there are some issues I had with the game like, it's difficult to take out a group of prisoners when they all have guns, body armor, knifes, shields, etc., there is some second of lag now and again when gliding, some villains have very small roles, and things like that. But this game still has a great story and a great but sad ending. So I would recommend getting this game so you can play it before other titles come out this fall.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2011 12:36 PM PDT

Infamous 2 - Playstation 3
Infamous 2 - Playstation 3
Offered by ispy a buy
Price: $8.45
225 used & new from $0.47

4.0 out of 5 stars inFAMOUS 2 Review, July 31, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had been looking forward to infamous 2 ever since I saw the first trailer(the one with the uncharted looking cole). I finally got my copy from Walmart when it came out and I can say its a very fun game. My rating says 4 stars but really im giving it a 4.5. The game picks up after the last one with Cole fighting the Beast, a monster shown in the ending of InFAMOUS. As you've heard Cole loses the battle (and some of his powers) and travels to New Marais in hopes of getting enough power to defeat the Beast.

Story- Up until the end I really didn't care for the story. Its basically what you've heard about the game, Cole needs powers to defeat the Beast. Toward the end however, including the ending, the story wraps up and turns out to be good. I still prefer infamous's story as I thought it was better.

Graphics- One of the big improvements in this game. People, enemies, trees, water, you name it are all improved 10X as much as the first one. The way the people looked and acted in infamous were the weirdest thing ive seen. They looked like twitchy bugs and ran all over the place. In infamous 2 they act like normal people, walking around drinking, talking, shaking hands, playing instruments, etc.

Gameplay- Awesome. Cole has a ton of new powers including, electric tornados, electric pulse, ice rockets, bio drain, and much more. Most of the environments can be destroyed or thrown around, which is fun to do as an evil Cole. The core gameplay is the same as the first. You zap enemies with crazy powers, climb buildings, explore, find shards, etc.

Moral Choices- In inFAMOUS choices were a big part of the game, however there different in inFAMOUS 2. In the first game the screen would go black and white and Cole would stop and think, "I could let these people take the food, or I could zap a few people and take the food for me and my friends, but some of these people might starve." This made the game very fun and your actions would make you good or evil. In inFAMOUS 2 the screen doesn't go black and Cole doesn't stop to think about these choices its more told in a cutscene. And some of the choices aren't life and death choices like in the first game.

Overall inFAMOUS 2 is a great game to get if you want- Open world game, fun game, crazy powers, or just a game that'll keep your attention until the big titles come out this fall, Battlefield 3, MW3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Resistance 3, etc.

Killzone 3: Helghast Edition
Killzone 3: Helghast Edition
Offered by NYC Electronics
Price: $47.49
36 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Killzone 3 Helghast Edition Review, February 22, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
While I haven't played the game YET! I am reviewing the Helghast Edition. The box is about a pound in weight and its pretty large in size. The helmet is very nice and can fit 2 games or the game and the art book. The pipes twist off to open the helmet. The figure is awesome and is very moveable. The art book is very cool as well. It shows a lot of pictures of the harsh planet the helghast live on. The Helghast Edition lastly comes with Socom 4 Beta codes and a Super Voucher. The voucher is awesome but once you enter the codes you only have 24 hours to play multiplayer with the all weapons and double XP, weather your online or off. The price may be a little high but the package you get here is awesome. The open beta for Killzone 3 was sweet, no doubt the game will rock as well.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2011 4:15 AM PST