Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for D. Milcic > Reviews

Browse

D. Milcic's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Milcic RSS Feed (Croatia)

The Sculptor in the Sky
The Sculptor in the Sky
by Teal Scott
Price: $14.91
95 used & new from $7.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Design, April 19, 2012
I will usually read a book in segment of spirituality every now and then when I get way out of balance. As it goes, book will find a way to it's readers. The Sculptor in the Sky was no exception. It attracted me at the right time and brought me back to the simple knowledge, somehow forgotten.

The magic is in the way text is constructed. It is channeled, no doubt about it, but the trick is in receiver. Every person will transfer the knowledge in a different way. And this is good - that's why some people will prefer one author to the other, even though they may be writing on the same subject and basically giving out the same information. Teal however menages to channel this text in physical form with lots of layers (using not only structure but very rich vocabulary as well), so book will literally 'work' on you as you read it. As your intention gets driven between the words the space within opens for higher understanding. So as any really good book, this one too can be read numerous times.

I find it really good and practical with tons of useful information that can help you understand things outside, centering you back inside :)
Anyway, I would warmly recommend it to everybody - young, old, 'spiritually advanced', or someone who doesn't now what word 'spiritual' represents, or even hate thinking of any concept behind so called material reality. But again, if you are reading this or any other review, do not buy it only because someone recommends it. Stand back, go within your space and ask: "is this book right for me now". After that, you only need to act :)

ps
Search YouTube for Teal Scott (the spiritual catalyst) to enjoy some of her teaching from the first hand..
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2015 6:47 PM PDT

Dave's Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce 5oz
Dave's Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce 5oz
Offered by The Little Shop of Fiery
Price: $10.75
26 used & new from $6.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% natural and it stinks!, June 13, 2010
Just bought few hot sauces for a personal review. This one was the obvious choice, being the most selling here on Amazon. Reviews was also favorable. I am quite surprised no one mentioned it stinks, and I mean bad. Makes your stomach turn (few people besides me feel the same way)!
Sure, it's hot but there are far more better alternatives out there, for one, 100% natural Blair's hot sauces (Mega death being the hottest from their standard line). This was actually the second one from package and I love it. Third one was "West African VooDoo Juice" that actually comes with handmade voodoo doll :), but besides that makes a great and original addition to your food and therefore deserves recommendation. Keep in mind that all of these are extremely hot and you will probably never eat them directly so bad smell (in case of Dave's Ghost Papper) will not be so intense. Still, I'm gonna give mine away and hope my friend will like it better.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2012 10:09 AM PST

Born to Run
Born to Run
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars original and inspiring, November 25, 2009
This review is from: Born to Run (Kindle Edition)
it really doesn`t matter are you a runner or not, this book will teach and inspire in a way no other novel does.
it can take a while to adjust to writers style since he tends to jump from one scene to another quite fast but once you get into it, that same fast will take you from cover to cover in no time leaving you richer with many emotions, knowledge, and inspiration.
author makes nice sandwich with numerous spices, giving you slice of adrenaline, inspiring true stories, and pure scientific knoledge all within "one" great story.
what a way to learn and expirience the true meaning of running/victory/life.
highly recommended

Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Classy Outfit
Price: $55.00
12 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch image S4 review, August 24, 2009
Bla part:
First thing's first - I don't consider my self an audiophile, whatever that expression actually meant.
Second - I believe these aren't the intended to provide finest quality out there which is very obvious when you look at the price tag.
Third - I know a good thing when I see one, and this is one of them so here we go:

Intro part:
I owned Sennheiser CX300, the best selling in earbud headphones out there. Reason for that is price and good sound that goes with it (much nicer than any pair that came with your player). However, after some time it is easy to notice they have much flaws of their own, so you are start to look at better alternatives.
Google this, Bing that and viola... You come across S4 who rocketed into mainstream by one editors choice award (Cnet's), and some other guys out there also gave it thumbs up but you still crave for more - and tension gets higher since you cannot actually buy one, yet only preorder and hope for the best...

In the box part:
Simple packing from one piece follows direction of "smaller-better" logic: Easier to ship, cheaper to produce and not so heavy on environment.
Works nice and after all, we are not here for the box but are searching within:
1 Headphones (Klipsch Image S4 if you didn't know)
3 Pairs of oval silicone ear tips (small one have double "heads")
1 Cleaning tool
and box made from aluminum to put it all in.
Oh, and there's also a piece of paper which pretty much states: don't listen to your music too loud!
That's it.

Actually useful part:
By my observation, the best comparison between CX300 (or some other "simple" pair of earphones) and S4 is clarity, best described in flowing example: Imagine you are standing in front of the room and hear music from it. It's pretty loud and you can hear it well. After a time you get so comfortable with it and start accepting it as "normal". Then somebody opens the door and you step inside. Finally, you have a feeling there is almost nothing between you and the sound. It's much clearer and you can enjoy much detailed sound without anyone telling you what is it you should be hearing. It is very obvious.
This is like going from VHS to DVD. And don't go japing about Blue-ray now - if you have "vhs", you gonna love this.
I can only guess that moving higher from this kind of quality is never that much of a difference.
Although, to be honest, first time I listened to them was some kind of disappointing. I was a bit nervous and didn't know what to expect. First thought was: they're ok but i guess i could of saved my money. It was only the day after that I begun to realize the benefits of S4.
S4 sounds very nice, clarity is good (no mater what is playing, Fleetwood Mac or AC/DC, richness of the sound stays preserved) and I find them precise, meaning you can determine position of every instrument/sound. They are without a doubt on warm side of sound spectrum and are pretty universal if we talk music genres. I wouldn't recommend listening to much electronic music with them (or any other headphones for that matter). Bass is decent but not overwhelming. Some prefer more of it but I think to much bass will choke your music and it is only but artificial way to create atmosphere. Balance is needed and balance is achieved.
Apart mentioned above here are few other bands I listened with these: Bon Iver, Beastie Boys, The Postal Service, Kings of Leon, Devotchka, Final Fantasy... and many others in self-made compilations. Point is - they all sound great on S4

As many before stated, one of the biggest surprises was how many songs sounds differently and one starts hearing sounds that were not there before. Of course, when earphones are new you are hearing music more analytically, but even now, almost month later I find myself turning of my ipod just to check does the sounds I'm hearing come from the music or outside.
Then it gets me - you can't here the sounds from outside with these on :)

Here we come to the other very important point which some will appreciate even more than quality - their fit.
Using oval ear tips is common sense and it is pretty sad truth that no one thought of this before (I don't mean you, you and you, but the guys who actually work in industry). Klipsch has them for some time now and this was my first experience with them. I am thrilled! They work flawlessly and are by far most comfortable I tried to date (haven't tried my Comply's though (made from foam)). I needed few days to make friends with them but now I can have them in my ears for 2 hours with almost no discomfort at all (for me, this is a lot).
Very important thing almost no one mentioned is you can ware them behind your ears!
Since they are oval, all you have to do is take them out, turn for 180 degrees and put them in again. Now you'll have your wires up instead down and all you have to do with them is put them behind your ears. This position is much more practical for running since you cannot feel the pull from the wire.
One more thing I would like to mention is they are smaller then they look on the pictures, yet they feel very nice in hands and are ridiculously easy to put in ears!

Accessories part:
One more detail to expand fanciness is cleaning tool which is basically nothing else then piece of plastic with a little bent wire on the top, but nevertheless it keeps one happy (there's a Klipsch logo imprinted on the plastic) and does the dirty job well (but you have to clean the space between wires with a toothpick afterwords).
Finally, the box.
People seem to dislike it and call it unpractical, yet I find it rather good. Since made from aluminum, it will keep your S4 safe from harm. Therefore i find it better than some small case made from polly or lather. One thing that should be better is closing system since case can easily open by itself, especially if earphones are not inserted correctly. In my case it is stored in little bag that goes around waist and there is not enough space in there for it to open.

Conclusion part:
I was never so happy to listen music, it's if I'm waiting for some excuse to put these earphones on. I find them excellent buy for everything they are: good sounding (clear, warm, precise), comfortable (silicone oval ear tips, can be worn behind ear, great for running, easy to put in), nice (fine design yet securely robust) and practical (safe aluminum box and cleaning tool).
At the end I just want to state I bought these from soundearphones.com and didn't receive them from Klipsch as a demo (in case you find my positivity fishy ;))!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2009 1:59 PM PST

MIZUNO Wave Creation 10 Running Shoes White Mens
MIZUNO Wave Creation 10 Running Shoes White Mens

5.0 out of 5 stars Best marathon shoes around, June 1, 2009
I had much experience with Fila running shoes which i generally like, but since I started preparing for marathon I needed something more serious (not that you cant run marathon in Fila's). After few days of exploration I decided to try Asics and Mizuono's lineup.
Asics just didn't work for me and felt kind of plain while Mizuno gave me the support I was looking for (not all models though).
It is a bit unusual feeling running on that 'plastic bridges', but in a good way. Transition from the back to front could be better, still, it's nothing to worry about!
For marathon, I doubt you can get better than this. They provide great support, yet in a nice cushioning way.
The only thing I will never understand is why the heck do they have to make them look so ugly (and that goes for all makers of running shoes)? Maybe they are trying to avoid any possibility of you taking them out for a walk - run fast enough though and no one will notice them :)
They are bit pricey, but at least you know what you are paying for. I got a good online deal on them after I tried them in my local shop.
From what I read, you can get ridiculous amount of miles on these before they ware out. However I just started using them and have about 50 miles for now (they look like new) so I don't know that as a fact.
As always - one should always try before he buys!

Hidden Mysteries: ETs, Ancient Mystery Schools and Ascension (The Easy-to-Read Encyclodedia of the Spiritual Path, Volume IV)
by Joshua D. Stone
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: $13.95
52 used & new from $3.48

5.0 out of 5 stars To see or not to see, September 20, 2006
This book is very short intoduction for a wide range of mysteries. As any book on this subject, this one also contains many things some people will find hard to belive, but nobody forces anyone to actually belive it. Joshua as well as other quality writers allways gives the source of information and advise you to do your own little resarch if you feel that something is out of place.

Book it self is written in serious but positive way and I would recommend it to all you seekers out there, whether you looking for truth, hope, peace or unity. Bits of all that you can find in here.

Also, I would recommend other books of Joshua David Stone (Ph.D) who has written very wide range of books on spirituality. He is not so known on commercial level, i guess he is yet to be discovered cause surely he is one of the best.

Canon RC-5 Wireless Remote Controller for Canon XT/XTi, XSi, 7D and T1i Digital SLR Cameras
9 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon RC-1 is a better choice (same price), August 17, 2004
This is a nice gadget, but with one disadvantige over RC-1.. With RC-5 you CAN`T take pictures instantly, but only with a 2 sec. delay, and on RC-1 you have the choice. Other than that there isn`t much more to say, i mean it is only one button remote.. :) But offcourse, before you decide to buy RC-1 instead RC-5 check will it work with your camera (i have 300D (digital rebel) so in my case both of them work)