Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Miranda East > Reviews

Browse

Miranda East's Profile

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Miranda East RSS Feed (Westmount, QC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Darling Strumpet: A Novel of Nell Gwynn, Who Captured the Heart of England and King Charles (Berkley Sensation Historical Romance)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

133. Fire On The Snow (The Eternal Collection)
133. Fire On The Snow (The Eternal Collection)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This one is a real page turner!, January 24, 2016
My Holiday #reading: this one is a real page turner! It transports us (and the cinderella-type heroine) to the winter in Russia. it has a lot of historical detail (not boring!) and one of the most risqué scenes I have seen in Barbara Cartland's books. The cover shows the dashing Georgian Prince with the heroine in a sleight. Enjoy! join us at Cartland's community in G+

132. A Beauty Betrayed (The Pink Collection)
132. A Beauty Betrayed (The Pink Collection)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If you need your Cartland's fix, this does the trick well., January 24, 2016
I think we all know what to expect from Cartland's Novels. No disappointments here. Always more or less the same, some shocking political incorrectness and british supremacy, but who is taking this seriously anyway. If you need your Cartland's fix, this does the trick well. Enjoy.

Dukes Prefer Blondes (The Dressmakers Series)
Dukes Prefer Blondes (The Dressmakers Series)
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK for Loretta Chase's standards, January 24, 2016
I am a big fan of Loretta Chase but this novel somehow felt with a slow and descriptive pace. Chase is intelligent and so are the characters in this Novel. There is humor and all the elements you expect in a romance novel. The editing and the research are first class. Even the cover is good (strange for Chace's bad cover record). I read the first novel in the dress makers series where Clara has an important part and was happy to see her in her own story. Despite all this I wasn't immersed in the story all the time, maybe it was the parallel story of the criminal boys and the suspense not satisfactory handled in my point of view. Maybe she was trying too hard to be original, as if we would remember well which plots she has used before.

Four Nights with the Duke (Desperate Duchesses Book 8)
Four Nights with the Duke (Desperate Duchesses Book 8)
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars What it takes to overcome a low self esteem., July 11, 2015
If you can get past the first chapters were our heroine is humiliated over and over, you will probably enjoy the novel. I was really put out by the treatment of the heroine by the hero in their first scene together when they are adults. The rest was OK. BTW. The girl in the cover is NOT the heroine. How could she be?

Uncle Petros and Goldbach's Conjecture: A Novel of Mathematical Obsession
Uncle Petros and Goldbach's Conjecture: A Novel of Mathematical Obsession
Price: $8.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, intriguing, full of genuine forgiveness for our human flaws., July 11, 2015
This story is absolutely delightful. Fast paced, intriguing, full of genuine forgiveness for our human flaws. It also gives a great inside into the process of scientific research in general and of the field of mathematics in particular. Even if this is not your area of interest I totally recommend this read and this recommendation comes from a female scientist who likes to read romance novels in her free time.

With This Kiss: The Complete Collection (Fairy Tales Anthology)
With This Kiss: The Complete Collection (Fairy Tales Anthology)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This novella is beautiful. Wonderful characters, July 11, 2015
This novella is beautiful. Wonderful characters, true love, true suffering, true emotions and a truly delightful ending. The best Eloisa James has written recently. I had read the stories of the parents of both hero and heroine long ago, which added to the pleasure of the reading. I also have to add that I spend half of the book crying.

Water Witch: a new adult novel of fantasy, magic, and romance (Witches of Etlantium Book 1)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but there is a totally open ending., July 11, 2015
The story is interesting, but there is a totally open end. In that sense this is also not a romance novel, sine heroine and hero (if that was the hero) don't end up together. You have to read the following story, but I wasn't interested enough to buy it, specially because it might end up not having the end either. There is barely some adult content if you take out the violence.
I suggest the author to just make a pack with the whole series and spice it up with some sex. It would make a more satisfying read and would probably earn her some devoted followers

Maaji Women's Longchamp Legacy Cover Up Dress
Maaji Women's Longchamp Legacy Cover Up Dress

4.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular but not perfect for me., February 19, 2015
This dress is spectacular, I tried on a Large (I am 6 feet tall, 160 lbs). Unfortunately the bodice produces a "downward muffin top" effect at compressing the body just until the very revealing fabric of the skirt starts (so your hips don't look smooth) At 46 years old it is not perfect for me. With a more athletic body it would be great. I bought the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N3UV4ZY instead. (see review).but if I hadn't seen it I would have bought this.

Maaji Women's Scented Messages Cover-Up
Maaji Women's Scented Messages Cover-Up
Price: $56.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very consealing of flows., February 19, 2015
This dress is beautiful and the back looks amazing, with all the exposed skin between the bands. I tried on a Large (I am 6 feet tall, 160 lbs). Unfortunately my breast got flattened and somehow the combination of the stretch bodice reaching the natural waist and then the plaited skirt starting there made me look a little fat. I bought the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N3UV4ZY instead. (see review).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6