Profile for Curious George > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Curious George RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Blue Ice Fermented Skate Liver Oil 120 Caps
Blue Ice Fermented Skate Liver Oil 120 Caps
Offered by Genesis Labs
Price: $43.00
12 used & new from $43.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Check your expiration dates, October 29, 2014
Item was already expired when received but I am taking them anyway. No issues.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2014 8:29 AM PST

Packing Heat Compact Pistol Case
Packing Heat Compact Pistol Case
Offered by The Sportsman's Guide
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small autos, January 4, 2012
This is an excellent case. It is very small, not much bigger than a wallet actually. I fit my .25 Budischowsky in it perfectly with not much room to spare. I believe this would accommodate a Taurus PT-22, a Colt or Browning Pocket .25 or other similar small pocket autos. I would not suggest trying to put larger caliber pocket autos in this case as the magazine holder barely fits a .22 or .25 magazine and would likely not accommodate a .32 magazine. The case seems sturdy and should hold up over time. The zipper opens and closes with ease and doesn't snag on anything.

Black Ruger 2 inch Drop Rig, .44-45, 44
Black Ruger 2 inch Drop Rig, .44-45, 44
Offered by The Sportsman's Guide
Price: $109.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Completes the Ruger, January 4, 2012
This holster was actually a good value for the price. It will definitely need to be broken in over time as the leather is quite stiff. I am very impressed with the workmanship, including the Ruger eagle accents on the holster and belt. The latigo hammer tie down and leg tie down are also a bit stiff but I'm sure they'll break-in over time too.

The holster itself is tight on my old model 5.5" .44 Vaquero but it fits the gun nicely with a little bit of room left down at the bottom. The holster would probably accommodate a barrel lenght up to 6" but anymore than that and it would stick out of the bottom of the holster. The bullet loops also seem very sturdy.

The only real complaint I have is that the dye tends to come off very easily but I'm sure that will disappear over time too. Overall this is an excellent value and the craftsmanship is better than average.

Fallout 3 Greatest Hits - Playstation 3
Fallout 3 Greatest Hits - Playstation 3
Offered by DAGI SALES
Price: $19.90
194 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun I don't have a life anymore, March 5, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It's hard to put down the controller on this game. I always want to see what's over the next rise or what's in that bombed out house or down in that poorly lit subway tunnel I haven't gone through yet. Yes, like others have pointed out this game is highly addictive. This blows the lid of the original series and I should know, I've played them all.

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics on the PC became instant classics but I'm slowly switching to the PS3 for my games because I hate upgrading my PC everytime a new game comes out and I dont' have the resources to handle it. My PS3 has solved that problem and Fallout 3 has become one of my new all time favorites.

I'd heard many the blog and website dismissing Fallout 3 before it ever got to the shelf. I had high hopes that the elements that made the game unique unto itself would be maintained when it went to Bethesda. I have to say they haven't disappointed me. The primary elements are still there and I am pleased at what they have done with the franchise to create an even more expansive gaming experience. I will eagerly await Fallout 4 but I'll stay glued to Fallout 3 until then.

As for the game itself, expect the most immersive Post-apocalyptic RPG you've ever played. If you're a fan of the old Fallout series, you don't lose anything here instead you've gained a beautifully rendered world with a first person perspective or a third person perspective if you like it the old way with the battle elements intact plus a few new surprises.

What makes the game so freakin' awesome for me is the old jazz and big band music that has been carefully and expertly interwoven into the game to create an atmosphere that seems anachronistic at times but fitting for the environment you'll find yourself in. Who would have thought it would be so horribly wonderful to take the Ripper to Feral Ghouls while Roy Brown's Butcher Pete is playing in the background or running across the Capital Wasteland with Danny Kaye and the Andrews Sisters belting out Civilization when you are far from anything civilized.

There are perplexing moments where you find yourself wondering where to go next when there's so much to do and explore. There are scary moments deep in the bowels of some old building with strange growls all around you and there are funny moments with exploding heads and flying Super Mutants with a soothing song like I'm Tickled Pink plays in the background bringing up out of place images in your head of sandwiches on a picnic blanket or iced tea on the porch watching the neighborhood kids playing on the street just beyond your white picket fence.

This game is all that and much more. You'll have no buyer's regret no matter how much you pay for it. Don't walk out into the wasteland to get this game, run and get it.

Paslode 902000 16 Gauge Straight Finish Nailer
Paslode 902000 16 Gauge Straight Finish Nailer
Price: $271.67
25 used & new from $143.17

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is great, March 4, 2009
I don't own one of these but I've had several occasions to rent one and use it for finishing up the trim in my house after putting down new flooring. I have no complaints and only glowing recommendations for this tool.

I hate power tools I have to plug in and this tool was so convenient because it had no cord and isn't pneumatic. Many people complain that you have to purchase additional gas cannisters for the Paslode nailers but I think that's a minor inconvenience because it drives the nails to the right depth all the time and I never encountered one jam all the times I've used it.

I plan on purchasing one used when the price comes down a bit. I may get lucky or hopefully they'll come out with a newer model and the old ones will be discounted. If they do, I'll snatch one up because I can find many uses for it.

T-Mobile Dash Phone (T-Mobile)
T-Mobile Dash Phone (T-Mobile)

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs, December 29, 2008
I have been very disappointed with this phone since I originally purchased it two years ago while renewing my contract for another two years. My contract ended in November and I have been nothing but disgusted with this phone since I have owned it from 2006.

Firstly, the volume control is so sensitive that holding the phone against my ear the volume would constantly go up or down just while talking. Essentially, you can't hold your phone to your ear and move your head.

Second problem was with reception. The speaker is a thin, vertical, skinny little aperture that you have to have very close to your ear to hear and its prone to collect alot of dust. The position of the phone also determined if people could hear me and I have an annoyingly loud voice at times and people on the other end of the phone still couldn't hear me clearly.

Next, the phone won't hold a consistent charge on the battery. I get about a day with very little talk time and mostly standby out of a full charge and that's with a new battery. This has happened on both of my Dash's. Yes! I had to replace my original phone when the screen inexplicably started freaking out and I couldn't see what was on the phone.

Also, the phone sometimes cuts out when I hold it up to my ear to talk. Other times, the phone gets several minutes into a conversation and then inexplicably hangs up and sometimes just powers off on its own. Again, this happened with both the old device and the new one and with two different batteries.

Finally, the phone will disconnect itself randomly from the Bluetooth in my car switching to the regular speaker instead and then reconnect but not reconnect the call causing the radio to come back on instead of the call which is still connected but now connected to the handset. That's especially annoying.

Honestly, I have owned several different phones, Nokia, Samsung and Sony Ericsson are among the most trouble free ones that I have owned. I will never buy another T-Mobile based product. I'd just as soon buy an unlocked phone that is rated well or stick with one of the models T-Mobile carries which they don't have many issues with and that list is extremely small. Just ask someone with a crappy G1.

I have read the ratings on most of the phones that T-Mobile carries and the only really reliable ones appear to be from the makers I mentioned above or from Blackberry. I will say that the Sidekick is pretty reliable so that's why they get at least two stars even though the Dash deserves maybe one star. If you choose to buy this, good luck, I hope your experience is better. If you already own the phone you have my sympathy and/or pity.

Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy X-2
Price: $14.99
333 used & new from $1.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, January 16, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-2 (Video Game)
I didn't quite expect so much from a game that starts off with a pop concert in the middle of Luca stadium, but as I started to get into the game I saw how the story just seemed to fit together so nicely and how it wraps up a lot of the loose ends that came out of Final Fantasy X.

It seems that many of the reviewers that have posted here and have given the game less than 3 stars haven't really played it enough to understand why the game is designed the way it is. There is a reason that you can travel to any of the other previously visited sites at any time. The reason is because YOU drive the story and YOU are in charge of how you get to the end. You don't have to complete every sidequest just to get to the end, and how the story wraps up is entirely up to you.

I think the designers wanted to empower the game player to have some control of how the game ends based on decisions they make. I for one am a perfectionist so until I can get the game to 100% completion, I won't stop playing it.

As for the game mechanics itself, it took awhile for me to get used to the ATB system. You really had to make some quick decisions or you could get your butt kicked. I noted that one person mentioned that you get penalized for spell casting instead of attacking with button mashing. I find that analogy grossly inaccurate and misleading. In fact, as you advance in experience in your various Dresspheres, spell casting with spheres like those of the Black Mage or White Mage can become quicker, so much quicker that a spellcaster can actually get off their spells before your fellow members attack with weapons.

The Garment Grids and Dresspheres added so much variety to the way you can mold the fighting roles of Yuna, Rikku and Paine that it actually dwarfs the sphere grid system in Final Fantasy X. The variations are actually so numerous, you can't possibly fill them all out without spending hundreds of hours playing the game.

I am more than an avid RPG player, that's really all I play. I have played RPG's since pen and paper and through fledgling computer games like Zork, Bard's Tale and so on and so forth. I feel that this game truly provides that type of an adventure where you can have quite a bit of input into how the game unfolds. Believe me, if you spend a good 20 or so hours playing it you'll want to unlock every dressphere and garment grid that you can to make your playing experience a complete one.

Hamilton Beach 47224 12-Cup BrewStation with Water Filter, Black
Hamilton Beach 47224 12-Cup BrewStation with Water Filter, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The BrewStation is my java buddy!, January 11, 2007
I love my Hamilton Beach BrewStation. It's so cool not having to deal with the old glass decanter's that I was prone to break or seldom clean. Now since I've had my BrewStation, cleaning up is a breeze and not having to deal with the annoying decanter is the biggest plus of all.

The only annoyance I can complain about is the filter. But, as long as you replace it regularly, your coffee will still have that great fresh taste to it.

For those who do not like the decanter style coffee maker's, the BrewStation is for you. Kick the decanter to the curb and grab a BrewStation and I'm sure you'll agree.

Toastmaster 1119 Push-Button Electric Coffee and Spice Grinder
Toastmaster 1119 Push-Button Electric Coffee and Spice Grinder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, January 11, 2007
This is a great coffee grinder for the price. I usually only grind coffee on the weekends or when I have company over and they want to drink a cup or two of coffee in the evenings. But, purely from weekend use only this baby has more than paid for itself.

I used to be one of those people that bought the coffe already ground but since I've been using whole bean and grinding it myself, I'll never go back. For the heavy coffee drinker that grinds their own bean every morning, the Toastmaster may give out to early for them. However, for the occasional or weekend grinder like myself, the Toastmaster is the perfect solution for a grinder.

I recommend it for the occasional or weekend home coffee drinker but for those who would use it daily, you might consider pouring a bit more into one of the more heavy duty grinders out there.

Godless: The Church of Liberalism
Godless: The Church of Liberalism
by Ann Coulter
627 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Taking on the Liberals, one book at a time, December 28, 2006
Ann Coulter certainly has no shortage of opinions. I'll admit I don't share every opinion that she has and sometimes she can come off a bit harsh and seems to pontificate from some ether seat of power somewhere overlooking her readers. Perhaps she is seated on her throne on the cover, with the throne digitally removed of course.

At any rate, regardless of some of Ann's rather trippy and sometimes wittily offensive remarks, the core of what she says has truth behind it although you the reader will need to go back and verify that truth yourself; which ultimately is what Ann wants. Godless comes off as more of how you approach a conversation at a party with your Liberal friends, assuming you have any or assuming they want to outright identify themselves or you as a conservative might accordingly even want to identify yourself. Few, if any of us, are willing to raise one banner or the other and I can appreciate the fact that Ann is clearly holding her conservative banner high.

But, the conversation pieces in Godless are right on the mark if a bit limited in depth and approach. Ann is certainly witty and is not shy to tell you these are her opinions. Controversy is at the core of Ann's thoughts masterfully compiled in Godless. The title really says it all. She believes that Liberalism is a religion and there is enough doubt raised by Ann to believe such a thing has at least merit.

However, this is an opinion piece or rather a collection of opinion pieces put together in the form of a book. Ann sells the opinions quite well and though she fills the book with seemingly out of place witticisms the truth that is displayed in her words cannot be simply overlooked as jest or biased opinion on her part.

Godless is the tip of a much larger iceberg and like the iceberg there's a bunch more of it you can't see underneath. Read the book but do your own research and make sure that Ann isn't just being witty.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5