Profile for 317537 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

317537 RSS Feed (Georgia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Julia's Romance: Sweet Historical Romance (Mail Order Brides of Hickory Stick Book 2)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the first book., June 9, 2015
Much better than the first book. This was still very short. I read it in about 3 hours. It didn't have that unfinished feel the first book had. I have already purchased the next book. I like mail order bride books and this one was nice. A subtle Christian theme to it; not overly preachy. You could read them out of order, but I would recommend you start with the first one. Just know that the second book will be better.

Caroline's Love: Sweet Historical Romance (Mail Order Brides of Hickory Stick Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, June 9, 2015
I really enjoyed this book. It is a little too short.It needed at least 3 more chapters. I am fine with it being mainly about Caroline, but even knowing that you weren't going to know the ending for the other girls, it was still too short. It just needs a little more fluff put into it and it would be a 5 star book.I will probably buy all in the series; I know I am buying the next. It has subtle Christian influence, but not overly preachy. I think this author has great potential. I do appreciate that this book has an ending, though it is written to make you want to read the next one. If for some reason, you didn't want to read the rest of the series, you were left with an ending for Caroline. This book is currently priced at 99 cent and is well worth that.

Carrots: A Shelby Nichols Adventure
Carrots: A Shelby Nichols Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the title and love the book, October 11, 2014
I loved this book. It was different from my usual style of book, but sometimes we need a change. Am about to start the next in the series. I will add that I really liked how this book ended.

The Summerhouse
The Summerhouse
by Jude Deveraux
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
423 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 5th time reading it, July 14, 2013
I just finished reading The Summerhouse for the 5th time. I love this book. As I read through the 1 star reviews, each one made me a little angrier. This is a wonderful romance book with a time travel twist to it. No, it is not realistic; people don't get second chances in life. But, wouldn't it be wonderful if they did. Reading this book does sometimes make me wish I could go back to any time in my life and spend 3 weeks reliving it, but more than that this book makes me want to go out and start living my current life a little fuller to see if I can make things just a little bit more meaningful or more interesting. I own this book in hardback and paperback and will probably buy it in kindle format. And, I will continue to re-read it every couple of years just because it makes me feel good.

A Reckless Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 3)
A Reckless Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the series so far, July 21, 2012
I have loved each book in the modern witch series, but this one is my favorite. I read a review that complained about the books being too sweet and that is what I like best about them. It is like reading the everyday life of a group of witches. There is no bad guy, no big mystery---it is just about a tight group of witches. The series needs to be read in order but you could read just one if you wanted to. I love the fact that the author doesn't go into so many details backtracking to the other books. I love the sookie books but hate how much of it is is re-explaining what happened in other books. The Modern Witch series doesn't do that. There is mention of events from other books but it is like she leaves you with, go read that book if you want to know what happened. I have borrowed the books through the prime lending books but am already regretting it because I know I will want to go back and re-read them.

A Gift of Thought (Tassamara Book 2)
A Gift of Thought (Tassamara Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars different but great, June 27, 2012
I am not sure if I like the first book, A gift of ghosts, better or this one. They are so different. This one could definitely stand alone but I enjoyed revisiting characters from the first book.I stayed very confused if Ty was a man or a woman----------could be because I was reading too fast. That kind of drove me crazy especially when Ty wasn't a main character. The ending was a little rushed but most books are like that. I do recommend this book whether you have read the first one or not. I have read the first book twice---------will reread this one in a couple of months. I hope there is a third in the series. I really enjoyed this book especially the parts about Rachel.

The Girl Who Came Home - A Titanic Novel
The Girl Who Came Home - A Titanic Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, May 6, 2012
This book was chosen by our book club and everyone is impressed with it. I know there are some negative reviews about the wrong things in the book, but there are enough right things in the book to make it worth reading. A lovely, touching story. A message of make your life count. I will re-read this book several times I am sure.

Westward Ho, the Children
Westward Ho, the Children
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, January 22, 2012
This is a book that I stumbled on by accident. I went to click on the description of the book and instead of a getting a synopsis of the book, my computer opened up the sample pages. I started reading it and knew I had to have the book. I put off reading it until I had finished another book and started it at 11:00 at night. I stayed up until 3:30 reading it. I supposed the story was meant for YA readers but I really enjoyed it. It does have a few too many adventures for two children to have encountered to be real, but all the hardships were things that children of this time period could have endured. The children did have luck on their side, but isn't that what we want to read about? I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to take a break and experience a taste of what the wagon train era was like.

The Wrong Christmas Carol
The Wrong Christmas Carol
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars different type of Christmas story, January 22, 2012
I enjoyed this light read. It was totally different than any book I had ever read but it was so different that it lost my interest at times. This is a story about an angel that made some things happen that shouldn't have happened and people just accepted it.

A Shadow At Twilight, a Books We Love adult fantasy romance
A Shadow At Twilight, a Books We Love adult fantasy romance

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice short story, December 26, 2011
I read the book description and it sounded so nice, I had just finished a book so I decided to give this one a try. I don't read short stories! If I had of known this was a short story, I wouldn't have downloaded it, but I am glad I did. It was a nice book; really wish the author had of turned it into a full length book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4