Profile for Dave > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dave RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $79.95
7 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scale from a company with great customer support, November 29, 2013
This product is very well made and does what is stated. Customer support is excellent - 9 months into use, noticed weight on scale was jumping all over the place. Looked at the bottom of our scale and noticed somehow the padding came off on one of the feet causing and uneven platform - called the company and they are shipping a new scale no questions asked. That is customer support. Will be ordering a second scale for our daughter.

eForCity 15FT HDMI to HDMI CABLE M/M FOR DVD HDTV PLASMA GOLD
eForCity 15FT HDMI to HDMI CABLE M/M FOR DVD HDTV PLASMA GOLD
Offered by Importer520 ( USA Seller )
Price: $0.32
18 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI cable 28awg 15 ft, July 25, 2013
Purchased 3 of these cables for work. They work well and have not had any issues with them. The cables were much more reasonably priced than Best Buy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Banana Plugs with secure connection to speaker wire, December 30, 2012
I originally bought Audioquest Banana Plugs from Best Buy, however they did not have enough in stock to complete all the connections that I had. So, I ordered this set from Amazon to make sure I had enough to complete the job.

Comparing the Sewell Silverback Banana Plugs Dual Screw to the Audioquest Banana Plugs:
* The Sewell plugs are approximately 1/4" shorter than the Audioquest plugs (if you have a tight space between the speaker connection and a mount, then the Sewell plugs will be an advantage - as they were in my case.
* The Sewell plugs have 2 each small standard screws that connect the plug to the speaker wire. The Audioquest plugs have 2 each allen head screws that secure the bare speaker wire to the plug and then they have 2 other allen head screws that center the speaker wire at the top of the plug.
* The cap of the Sewell plug screws on and off which also provides some adjustment in lenght of the plug.
* The Audioquest plugs seam to be a bit easier to install on the speakers / AV receiver. The Sewell plugs take a bit more effort (small amount) to push them into to the speaker / AV connectors. Both plugs do provide a good connection.

For the price, I would by the Sewell plugs over the Audioquest plugs. Both are good quality plugs, however, the Sewell plugs are a fraction of the cost of the Audioquest plugs and I actually prefered the connection of the Sewell plugs.

Vanco 120614X Custom Two-Piece Bulk Cable Wall Plate (Single, White)
Vanco 120614X Custom Two-Piece Bulk Cable Wall Plate (Single, White)
Price: $9.43
12 used & new from $3.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A clean way for low voltage wires to enter / exit a wall, December 30, 2012
I have two of these plates for low voltage cables (1 each coax / 2 each HDMI / 1 each optical / and 1 each ethernet) from an AV receiver into a wall junction box / conduit up to a TV.

I was looking for a clean way to run my AV wires from the receiver to the TV and these plates fit did exactly what I wanted.

DataComm 45-0001-WH 1-Gang Recessed Low Voltage Cable Plate (White)
DataComm 45-0001-WH 1-Gang Recessed Low Voltage Cable Plate (White)
Price: $5.87
84 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulled multiple cables through this plate for our media center, December 30, 2012
I bought these to pull multiple cables through for our media center.
I have one for where all the speaker wires (for 5 speakers), an ethernet wire, and FM cable come through the wall to connect to the AV receiver.
I have another for where I pulled an ethernet cable through to connect to our router / switch.

These plates provide a clean way to have low voltage wires exiting / entering walls to connect to AV equipment / speakers / etc.

Sony KDL50EX645 50-Inch 1080p 120HZ Internet Slim LED HDTV (Black) (Old Version)
Offered by MODIA
2 used & new from $850.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product from Sony., December 30, 2012
I bought this to go into our media room on 11/22/12. Took delivery on 12/5/12 (due to my schedule - not the delivery service) via Amazon's white glove service (basically, they unbox the TV and inspect / turn it on to make sure it works. They will also set it up for you and take the box with them). I opted not to have them set it up since I was going to mount it on the wall and was also waiting for some other AV equiptment to come in. We simply unplugged it and re-boxed it.

After re-doing our basement, I bought the biggest TV to fit the space we allocated for a TV. We planned to mount it on the wall, so we installed plywood in the wall to support the mount recommended for this TV. We also install conduit behind the wall to pull cable, HDMI cables, optical cables, etc.

The picture on the TV is clear and crisp. The set up was easy with the on screen guide. The TV recognized and picked up our wifi with ease (althought I switched this to a direct ethernet connection to our network.

There are plenty of Apps available. So far, I have connected to Pandora and Amazon Prime.

The HDMI control (when turned on) switches to the AV receiver when it is turned on. (I turned the HDMI control off because sometimes I prefer to have sports showing on the TV while listening to something else through the AV receiver.
* I hooked the Cox cable direct to the TV sinced Cox cable has digital channels through the regular cable (we opted not to install a digital box for this location).
* Then, hooked the TV (via optical cable) back to the AV receiver. (This way when things are directly connected to the TV, the sound can also be played back through the AV receiver and surround sound.)
* Then, connected the AV receiver via HDMI back up to the TV. (This way when playing a device connected to the AV receiver (Bluray / DVD / VCR / Wii), they play back through the receiver to the TV.)

The TV has ample HDMI connections available. I do wish it had one more set of legacy connections for older products. However, I was able to connect everything through the receiver. So it ended up not being a big deal.

I opted for another Sony product after reading and researching many other brands because I have had better experience with them versus Samsung. We have a 46 inch 3D Sony in another room that we had bought after returning a Samsung 3D TV that would not hold a picture (it kind of had a mind of its own). The picture and performance of the 3D Sony has been awesome. We did not need or want another 3D TV, so we went with this model for our basement media room.

I have not played with the picture settings yet as we are still trying everything out. However, the settings out of the box seem to be pretty good.

This is the first TV we have bought from Amazon. I was a bit nervous about that, but after going through the process, I would do it again. I did buy the 4 year canopy protection plan as well (hopefully we will not need to use it).

BUSH FURNITURE Midnight Mist Audio Tower,
BUSH FURNITURE Midnight Mist Audio Tower,
Price: $194.99
8 used & new from $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Well Built Stand, December 30, 2012
This is a heavy well built stand. It houses; Marantz 6007 AV Receiver, Samsung DVD/VCR, Harmon Kardon 5 disc CD changer, Sony BluRay, Paramac power clean, an Ethernet switch, and the top is left for the Wii and Xbox 360 Kinect.

The open area allows all the components to brieth. Most of the wires are hidden behind the back panel.

I was able to put this together myselft in about 1 hour.

I would recomend this unit to others.

Mount-It! 32" 36" 67" 40" 42" 46" 50" 52" 55" LCD Compatible Articulating, Swivel, Pivot, TV Wall Mount Bracket & Free HDMI Cable
Offered by Value Max
Price: $64.88
3 used & new from $64.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and sturdy mount., December 27, 2012
This mount is a good quality and heavy mount. It comes with adequate hardware and instructions. It took 2 people to install. I have no concerns with it being able to support our 50 inch TV. For us, the benefits are; the extension, swivvel, and tilt capabilities.

I also looked at Cheeta mounts, but felt more comfortable with this mount - it appeared to be stronger and was specifcally referenced for our 50 inch Sony flat screen.

It has been installed for approximately 2 weeks.

The Dark Knight Rises [HD]
The Dark Knight Rises [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie - lots of action, December 27, 2012
We really enjoyed the action and acting. We were caught off guard at the end of the movie as the plot unfolded.

JumpSport Trampoline Anchor Kit
JumpSport Trampoline Anchor Kit
Price: $44.95
4 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars JumpSport Trampoline Anchor Kit, July 10, 2011
The anchor kit was easy to install. We have not had any high winds yet, so we cannot say for sure that they will do there job. However, we do feel better that we at least have the anchors in place.

Page: 1 | 2