Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Sketch > Reviews

Browse

Sketch's Profile

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sketch RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
DEWALT DW7351 Folding Table for DW735 Planer
DEWALT DW7351 Folding Table for DW735 Planer
Price: $44.99
13 used & new from $35.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Be sure you get the installation hardware!!, January 8, 2015
Tables work just fine, but arrived with no installation hardware (and it's a weird custom set of stepped bolts and springs). I eventually was able to buy a replacement "Hardware Bag" (parts list at http://servicenet.dewalt.com/Products/Detail?productNumber=DW7351 ) but beware. I think the seller was going cheap, and selling replacement tables instead of the intended kit, maybe?

DEWALT DW7350 Planer Stand with Integrated Mobile Base
DEWALT DW7350 Planer Stand with Integrated Mobile Base
Price: $148.94
12 used & new from $148.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, but easy to move, October 13, 2014
Built solidly, doesn't shift when it's grounded, but easy to lift up to the wheels and move. Not rough terrain wheels or anything, but comfortably big enough to move over small cracks in shop floor.

Black Rapid RS-7 Camera Strap (Black)
Black Rapid RS-7 Camera Strap (Black)
Offered by GenCoDeals
Price: $61.90
157 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than your stomach!, October 13, 2014
The system isn't cheap, once you get a fastenR and strap and maybe some spare bits, but it's very much worth it. You end up with your camera tucked backwards and to your side, instead of sitting on your stomach between you and the world. So much less obstrusive, still ready to hand, and easy to stabilize if you need to jog. Only downside is going to and from tripod, there's a moment when there's nothing other than your hands keeping your glass off the concrete (and your hands are fiddling with the snap hook).

Eagle 1601MB Blue High Density Polyethylene Lab Pack Drum with Metal Lever-lock Lid, 30 gallon Capacity, 28.5" Height, 21.25" Diameter
Price: $42.07
8 used & new from $42.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with Super Dust Deputy, October 13, 2014
To mate with an Oneida Super Dust Deputy, I used a jigsaw to cut the main hole. The top is curved so there was some space around the edges, but it sealed just fine with a bead of silicone. The top seems just fine without any reinforcement, doesn't flinch when I turn on the dust extractor.
The locking lever is fierce; I had to really lean on it to close it. However it doesn't seem to leak under vacuum without the locking band, so for the moment I'm just doing without. Otherwise I'd find a piece of pipe to fit over the locking handle and give some leverage.

Black Rapid Lock Star Plastic ConnectR Cover
Black Rapid Lock Star Plastic ConnectR Cover
Offered by K&M Camera Since 1976
Price: $11.95
79 used & new from $9.95

3.0 out of 5 stars A little more safety, a little hassle, October 13, 2014
I bought this along with my Blackrapid sling. I didn't realize that the snap-hook on the sling has a screw to prevent accidental releases. This adds a second layer of defense, but also gets in the way a little when I'm trying to attach it my camera (coming back from a tripod, using the replacement 1/4-20 screw they sell - fastenR I think it's called). So it gives double protection against accidentally releasing the snap hook, at the cost of making me juggle things more when the camera isn't actually secured to *anything*! I haven't given up on it but I probably would if I used my monopod more in the field (versus tripod mostly in the studio).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and precise, October 13, 2014
This thing is solid, and just feels like quality in every moving part. The legs go flat quite readily, and I find the 90 degree sideways position of the center post to be easy and sturdy - I use it a lot when I'm trying to get in really close for macro shots. It's not *light* but I can carry it on my shoulder, roughly like a shovel maybe? The carbon fiber model I'm sure is lighter, but I wouldn't bother unless you're planning on packing this a significant distance.
The head is nice and smooth, and locks tight. The collapsing handles aren't a huge deal but they really do help when you're fitting this in a car trunk with luggage.

BlackRapid RFH-1E0 FastenR-T1 for Manfrotto RC2 Quick Release System with 1/4"-20 to 3/8" Bushing Adapter
Offered by Ornem
Price: $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars clever, safer, but not cheap, October 13, 2014
Basically adds a freely swinging (but not swiveling) larger, nicer looking eye, compared to what you get stock from Manfrotto. I'm paranoid so I was more comfortable hanging my camera from this than from a not-necessarily-load-bearing thumbscrew. It does fit and hold the quick release plate just fine. It pivots so easily that I need two hands to reattach the sling after using a tripod. Overall, I do wish it was cheaper but I don't regret buying it.

Synology DiskStation 8-Bay Diskless Network Attached Storage (DS1813+)
Synology DiskStation 8-Bay Diskless Network Attached Storage (DS1813+)
Offered by SKY-LINE
4 used & new from $829.99

5.0 out of 5 stars it just works, August 19, 2014
Only two months so far, but it just works. I ran various FreeNAS boxes for years, and couldn't see the point of paying for a lower-spec server - but every time one of my Barracudas died (and they did), I freaked out a little, and had to figure out how to fix it by hand. And the music serving never quite worked, and I never quite got around to fixing it... Basically, it was a hobby, but these days I have a family and I want files served, not a hobby. That's what this box does - backup target for everyone on my network, serves my photo collection on UPnP for screensavers, TFTP for getting embedded boxes bootstrapped easily, and an rsync endpoint (the last two because I still have *some* hobbies, but I'd sooner putter with an Arduino than try to figure out why my laptop suddenly can't see its backup drive)!

TrimmerPlus TB720 Turbo Blower with Flare Nozzle
TrimmerPlus TB720 Turbo Blower with Flare Nozzle
Price: $47.96
17 used & new from $47.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, easy - but scuffs easily too, August 19, 2014
I've never owned a backpack blower, so maybe they're better in some way, but this thing is awesome. It puts the air right down by the stuff you're trying to blow, and parallel, so debris going tumbling! As other have noted, it's very easy to scrape the nozzle or bottom of the housing on the ground. My concrete driveway was already scuffing the nozzle pretty good in a few hours of operation. But, a 3/4" 1/4-20 bolt near the lip of the nozzle makes a great rub guard, and I plan to follow the other reviewer's advice about epoxy on the main base. That's not really necessary (it's hard to avoid rubbing the nozzle, but much easier to keep the base off the ground) but it seems easy.
I might try this in winter and see if it helps with snow, I'll update with my findings!

WD SE 4TB Datacenter Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD4000F9YZ
Price: $211.02
112 used & new from $95.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Because replacing failed drives is no fun, August 19, 2014
I ran Barracudas in RAID10 for years, but once they'd start to go I'd be losing a drive every six months or so, and freak out a little, and try to remember how to replace a drive in ZFS. So instead I switched to a Synology box and these puppies (still raid 10), and so far so good. No errors, no problems in ~2 months of spinning 24x7. I'll update the review in another year or so. :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3