Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Dr RD > Reviews

Browse

Dr RD's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr RD RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Raisin Rodriguez & the Big-Time Smooch
Raisin Rodriguez & the Big-Time Smooch
by Judy Goldschmidt
35 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Raisin Does It Again!, August 19, 2008
Personally, I love Raisin. If she could just pop out of the book and be my best friend I would jump for joy.
Now, I wouldn't say this book was as good as the first one (the secret blog of raisin rodriguez), and some parts were a little unbelievable, but overall I had a great time laughing along to Raisin's silly blog.

Gender Blender
Gender Blender
by Blake Nelson
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hilarious Story, August 19, 2008
This review is from: Gender Blender (Hardcover)
I had always thought about what would happen if a girl and a boy switched bodies and this book made it hilariously clear. In many of the chapters I found myself laughing out loud. The only thing I have to say that isn't entirely good is this: I think the book should have been geared more towards teens than older kids because there are some things that could be deemed a little inappropriate for kids in elementary school. But it would be perfect for kids in middle school and even help the readers learn more about the opposite sex.

Saving Francesca
Saving Francesca
by Melina Marchetta
Price: $8.99
121 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down!, August 19, 2008
This review is from: Saving Francesca (Paperback)
I stayed up long into the night to finish this book and it was my favorite book for a very long time.
It tells the story of Francesca, whose mom is suddenly not herself and stays in bed all day. We later learn she has depression. As if Francesca's family life could not get more complicated,she goes to a private school where she has no friends and there are no opprotunities for girls. But along the way she learns about herself and the people at her school and even finds herself falling in love with one of them!
Any girl can identify with Francesca's story and anyone can laugh along with her witty observations. She is one of those characters whose desicions I love. I don't spend my whole time groaning when the character does this or that, in fact, I applaud her.

Fundex Games Tip Of The Tongue
Fundex Games Tip Of The Tongue
Offered by TheBookmark
Price: $14.12
17 used & new from $8.63

5.0 out of 5 stars So Much Fun!, August 19, 2008
My family and I are always looking for a great game to play and this was perfect. Large and small groups can play, and many different ages can play as well. My grandma loves this game and so does my eleven year old sister. And while you play you learn great trivia, and laugh along with your family and friends.
The only problem is that the tongue buzzer goes off at the slightest touch. When we brought it on a road trip (since it is very easy to bring, with its compact size- all the cards fit into it) every bump the car hit made the buzzer go off. But it was funny, not very obnoxious at all.

Hasbro Playskool Sit 'N Spin Spider-Man
Hasbro Playskool Sit 'N Spin Spider-Man

3.0 out of 5 stars An Okay Toy, August 19, 2008
I gave this as a Christmas gift to my little brother. He was two and half years old at the time. Since he was so full of energy I thought this would be the perfect toy for him to use up his wildness on but, he had a lot of trouble with it. In the beginning it was difficult to teach him how to use it and after that he only liked to use it to press the button and listen to the Spiderman music. (which can get very annoying after awhile.) So even though it was a great gift to give when you're on a budget like mine, I don't think he ended up playing with it much.

Scandalous: Eden's Story (Brides of Wildcat County, No. 2)
Scandalous: Eden's Story (Brides of Wildcat County, No. 2)
by Jude Watson
17 used & new from $8.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Scandalous!, August 19, 2008
I am mostly upset that the Brides of Wildcat County series aren't available anywhere except online sellers. I read all the books my library had and loved them but I wanted to buy them for myself. I wish they would come back into print.
In this book I thought it was quite steamy... but nothing too inappropriate for a young teen girl. The kisses were just very well written! But overall I love the series!

Canvas Surf Rider 45" x 29" Mat
Canvas Surf Rider 45" x 29" Mat

5.0 out of 5 stars Ride the waves!, August 19, 2008
These durable canvas rafts are perfect! My family and I love to go to the beach and ride the huge waves so we needed rafts that wouldn't pop easily and these did just the trick. If we turn them sideways we can even fit two people on the raft! An overall great raft!

My Scrumptious Scottish Dumplings: The Life of Angelica Cookson Potts
My Scrumptious Scottish Dumplings: The Life of Angelica Cookson Potts
by Cherry Whytock
31 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Teen Girls Will Love It!, August 19, 2008
I have read all of the Angelica Cookson Potts books and love them! She is so funny and witty! A must read for any teen girl.

Two Steps Forward
Two Steps Forward
by Rachel Cohn
42 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars ...And One Giant Leap For Mankind, August 19, 2008
This review is from: Two Steps Forward (Hardcover)
I absolutely loved this book! Coming from a very complicated family like Annabel's I could totally understand what she was going through. All the kids have a different twist to their family but I sympathized with all of them. Unlike the first book, The Steps, Wheaties, Lucy, Annabel, and Ben all have chapters coming from their point of view. It was cool to see what's going on in everyone else's lives.
This book had it all; funny moments, and sad moments, and... a little romance. :)

Definitive Collection
Definitive Collection
15 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Collection, August 19, 2008
This review is from: Definitive Collection (Audio CD)
This is the first cd of Tanya Tucker's I've ever purchased but after listening to it I intend to buy more. I think it had a great variety of songs, but I ended up liking them all! The songs chosen for the collection really show off all her greats and I don't get tired of listening to it.

Page: 1 | 2