Profile for Lone Shopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lone Shopper RSS Feed (Utopia, USA)

Kiss Me / Besame
Kiss Me / Besame
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo!, October 26, 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me / Besame (MP3 Music)
Truly beautiful vocals and lovely song choices. Nancy Buckingham is absolutely stunning!

iXCC ® Dual USB 2.4 Amp [12 Watt] SMART White FAST AC Travel Wall Charger with Lightning Cable
Offered by iXCC
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 15, 2014
Excellent charger. I was a little apprehensive at first but it works great and we are very pleased with this purchase.

FRYE Deborah Zip Goat Tote Handbag,Black,One Size
FRYE Deborah Zip Goat Tote Handbag,Black,One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Tote!, May 15, 2014
This tote is absolutley stunning! I own a lot of Frye boots and purses and this is one of my favorites. It would be nice if Frye could make their purses in the US ... that's my only complaint. Other than that, thank you Frye for making wonderful products ... including this tote.

FRYE Deborah Shiny Washed Goat Shoulder Handbag,Black,One Size
FRYE Deborah Shiny Washed Goat Shoulder Handbag,Black,One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, May 15, 2014
I've had my eye on this purse for a long time and finally bought it for myself -- I'm so glad I did! The leather is luxurious and beautiful and I just love everything about it. Frye never disappoints!

Clarks Women's Derby Palace Boot,Mushroom,7 M US
Clarks Women's Derby Palace Boot,Mushroom,7 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking boot & SO comfortable!, November 30, 2011
Boot shopping has been a chore since most boots are too narrow & hurt my feet. Not only are these stylish & well-made, they are super comfortable!

I wear an 8.5 (usually wide) and was able to order a regular 8 1/2. The breaking-in process was quite short & I've been able to wear these comfy boots for hours of shopping, walking in the city -- with no problems at all.

Others have mentioned the shaft being too wide, but I find it to be just right with anough room to tuck in skinny jeans. I guess it's just my personal preference not to have a boot too tight on my calves.

Also, the rubber soles make me feel secure on wet surfaces. I recently waterproofed the boots so I can wear them in the rain/snow without fear of ruining the suede.

Lastly, the suede is not showing any marks yet. I'm not always so graceful with any shoe & am happy that these lovely boots do not show every bump and scuff.

Digital Fireplace DVD
Digital Fireplace DVD
DVD
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!!, November 4, 2011
I love it! No longer living in a home with a fireplace, I really miss it & enjoy "pretending" this is the real thing. A fun novelty, for sure!

The Ultimate Fireplace DVD
The Ultimate Fireplace DVD
DVD ~ Dylan Steinberg
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $6.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Fireplace DVD, November 3, 2011
This review is from: The Ultimate Fireplace DVD (DVD)
This was given to us as a gift after purchasing a new HDTV. My husband & I were soon disappointed because we could not figure out how to switch between the different modes as there were no instructions to follow (as with other DVDs we've used).

Although the fire looks nice (HD? not so sure), we found a different fireplace DVD on Amazon that we enjoy much more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2011 1:31 PM PST

DVD ~ Keira Knightley
Price: $4.75
43 used & new from $0.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Top 10 Movie!!, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Pride & Prejudice (DVD)
Pride & Prejudice is a classic! It may stray a bit from Austen's book, but that does not in any way take away from the movie. The emotion and sentiment is conveyed beautifully by a perfect cast of characters. Definitely one of my favorite movies ... ever!

Simple Women's Satire Ribbon Sneaker,Charcoal,8.5 M US
Simple Women's Satire Ribbon Sneaker,Charcoal,8.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy & cute, May 23, 2011
I love these sneakers. They are comfortable, stylish & ecologically sound. The polka dot ribbon shoelaces make them super cute.

Canon PGI-220 Combo Pack - Triple Pack (Black)
Canon PGI-220 Combo Pack - Triple Pack (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
75 used & new from $28.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but uses too much ink. Use this trick to save $$, January 7, 2011
I didn't want to take any chances buying another brand (or refilled non-brand). These ink cartridges are expensive, though, and just a few changes in your print settings can double the lifespan.

When on regular print settings, I noticed the paper was saturated in ink & the cartridge used up in no time. So, I changed the printing preferences to "grayscale" and "fast printing". This uses about half the ink and looks just fine to me. In fact, I prefer it because the printed copy comes out dry instead of wet with ink (that then needs to dry and could actually smudge).

Printing in grayscale also saves the other colored inks -- especially when printing coupons or anything else that doesn't require high-quality printing. To further save on ink & avoid printing unnecessary stuff (like logos and advertising on various websites), you can change your print options to "print only the selected frame".

Lastly, when the printer tells you the ink cartridge is empty and needs to be replaced -- just press the "ok" button on the printer and keep doing so it until your ink truly does run out. I was able to print out an additional 25 pages last time.

Happy printing :-)
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2013 6:37 AM PDT