Profile for Jen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jen RSS Feed

Ani's Raw Food Essentials: Recipes and Techniques for Mastering the Art of Live Food
by Ani Phyo
64 used & new from $6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, but there are some things I wish I knew..., February 18, 2011
I really enjoy the content in this book, and Ani provides lots of extra "eco" tips and advice. Two things I wish I knew in advance however are 1) all of the pictures (with the exception of 8 pages in the middle of the book) are in black and white. Props for being green and not using the chemicals included with glossy page finishes, but the pictures seem dark and unappetizing - not very helpful when trying to see how the recipes look as a finished product. And 2) I wish this book had come with a disclosure that warns you of the kitchen tools needed to prepare the recipes. For example, it appears that over half the recipes call for a food dehydrator - and I don't just happen to have that laying around my kitchen. Overall, I like the content of this book, just not as my first raw food recipe book. I recommend it to anyone already familiar with eating vegan/raw and looking to add new recipes to their diet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2011 3:34 PM PDT