Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Laura > Reviews

Browse

Laura's Profile

Customer Reviews: 259

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura RSS Feed (Austin)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black+Decker HSVJ415JMBF71 SMARTECH Cordless 16V Max Lithium 2-N-1 Stick Vacuum 1.5Ah
Price: $169.99
4 used & new from $169.78

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars Best Cordless I've Tried, June 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The battery life on cordless vacuums is notoriously short lived, and this one is no exception, but it is almost perfect in every other way. This kind of vacuum is meant for quick clean ups, and for that purpose this is the best one I've tried. I vacuumed four large rooms, WI closet and hallway before the battery died. The handheld unit, which makes up the body of the vac, was easy to remove and also has an extender with brush that can be pulled out.

Pros:
--flexible head, easy to maneuver
--low profile head, cleans under most furniture
--2 speeds which can save on battery since you can use low speed for most clean ups, and has an auto mode for hard floor/carpet transition
--picks up pretty well considering its small, lightweight size
--well designed filter, and the cup is easy to empty
--battery life display and a warning light to let you know when the filter needs cleaning

Cons:
--battery life
--no light on head

To be fair, these two cons are common with most vacs of this type. You'd think by now someone would have come up with a better powering system. I consider a light an essential feature, but is it worth the sacrifice of battery life? I think it would but many would not agree. Perhaps someone could design a light that could run on a separate, replaceable battery.

Moen S6700 90-Degree One-Handle Low Arc Bathroom Faucet, Chrome
Moen S6700 90-Degree One-Handle Low Arc Bathroom Faucet, Chrome
Price: $293.89
20 used & new from $275.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good, June 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a cool, modern looking faucet. Even though I like the design of this faucet, it takes a little getting used to. First, the water comes out from a higher position than usual so it splashes a bit more, but that does make it easier to wash your hands. Second, it requires more cleaning maintenance than any other faucet I've had; it always has water spots in the most noticeable place because of the straight (and taller) design.

I had some issues installing it, but really, what do-it-yourself plumbing task ever goes smoothly, certainly not mine. I had to go out and buy a base plate because my sink has three holes. Then, while removing the old faucet I noticed how bad the shut off valves were so of course had to go out again to get those. I finally get the thing installed but had a leak connecting compression fitting to shut-off valves and couldn't get it to stop with tightening, etc. I finally removed the in-line fitting with the screen insert, reassembled, leaving the screen out, hand tightened plus 1/4 turn to attach compression fitting to shut-offs, and no more leak. Didn't make sense but it worked. Removing old faucet was about 1.5hrs, installing new, 3hrs, but I'm no plumber so it might be faster for someone more experienced.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Night Therapy Mygel Memory Foam Contour pillow, Set of Two
Night Therapy Mygel Memory Foam Contour pillow, Set of Two
Price: $53.24
3 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very soft and comfortable, June 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unlike previous contoured foam pillows I have tried, which were too unyielding, this one is soft and very pliable. I like being able to put my arm under a pillow and kind of squish it into place where it is the most comfortable for me at that moment, and this is soft enough to have that kind of give. I'm mostly a side sleeper but am very restless so turn back and forth quite a bit. My favorite pillow for years is 75% down, medium loft, but there isn't enough support for when I end up on my back. This pillow works well for that, giving support when I can't use my arms to scrunch it in place, it's already formed for that.

If not using for sleeping it is excellent to use as a supportive sit-back pillow while reading, the larger end being perfect to support your head and prevent straining your neck.

Zinus Non-Slip Pads for Mattresses & Rugs (Set of 2)
Zinus Non-Slip Pads for Mattresses & Rugs (Set of 2)
Offered by Sleep Revolution
Price: $24.99
7 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars They are working so far, June 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 8" memory foam mattress and the separate 3" memory foam topper have always had a terrible shifting problem, with both pieces shifting in different directions. These pads seem to be good so far in preventing that. We placed one on the base as shown in the picture and the other one right under the topper. The bottom one was a pain to get into place though; more than two people would be helpful if your mattress is super heavy like our memory foam one is. The one under the topper was easier; we rolled it up, then placed the pad and then rolled the topper carefully back into place. I will update after these have been on for awhile to let you know how long they keep the shifting at bay.

The Gifting Series (3 Book Series)
The Gifting Series (3 Book Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all around, June 3, 2016
I very much enjoyed this series The writing was good, although a little meandering at times, but that was easily forgiven considering all of the good points this story had. I loved all of the characters and the plot was well developed and played out. The author didn't have to overdramatize everything to manipulate the reader into emotion, it flowed nicely to a build-up at the end. The third book was the best. This series is safe for young readers.

The decent editing and good proofreading were refreshing to say the least, and very much appreciated by this reader! There's nothing more annoying than to have to plod through a book rife with grammatical errors and incorrectly used words, no matter how well written. That seems to be more and more prevalent and acceptable in writing today.

Agent18 ClipShield Arm Band Holster for iPod nano 7G - Clear
Agent18 ClipShield Arm Band Holster for iPod nano 7G - Clear
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, love the clear, May 27, 2016
I was hesitant to order one of these cases with a clip since according to many reviews it seems that the clip breaks off easily, but I don't think it will be a problem for me. The top of the yoga type pants I wear to workout in is pretty thin and the clip easily slides on with no pressure being put on the clip, so as long as I make sure not to yank it off it will probably hold up. I will update if it does end up breaking.

I love the clear and it looks really good on the tiny Nano, not adding much bulk at all, and it is fairly easy to get into the case without having to put too much pressure on your device. I also like that it securely holds the Nano on the top and bottom, unlike others that just grip the sides. The covered buttons press in fine.

Blood Kiss: Black Dagger Legacy
Blood Kiss: Black Dagger Legacy
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awful, May 26, 2016
I'm certainly glad I got this one from the library! As a longtime fan of the BDB series, I agree with many others that the later books had gone down in quality with more filler and less of the great storytelling that got us all hooked on the series to begin with. However, I did not expect this spin-off to be this bad. Really, how many times in one story do we want the details of someone masturbating, or thinking about it, or doing it in front of someone, or the focus on erections all the way through the book? Also, everyone now seems to speak the same way, using the same sort of slang, not to mention the over-the-top language. It fit in previous books with the tough Brotherhood guys when they would talk with each other, but in this book the f-word is king and doesn't ring true so many cases with who, when, and where. It just became annoying, especially with Paradise using it so much, even in her own thoughts, considering who she was and how she was brought up and shielded and protected. Sure she wanted to break out of that mold but there would have been a transition period.

I felt that the story was 50% filler, and there was no satisfactory ending to a major plot point! While we did get to revisit some of our beloved BDB main characters, including Lassiter, what was written seemed forced and somewhat empty, like she threw some stuff in to try to keep our interest because the main story was so weak. What has happened to J.R. Ward's writing? I'm shocked at the high reviews.

Panasonic WINGS Best in Class Wireless Bluetooth In Ear Earbuds Sport Headphones with Mic + Controller and Flashing LED's RP-BTS50-W (Metallic White) with Travel Case, iPhone, Android Compatible
Price: $179.99
6 used & new from $143.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good with a few small challenges, May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first earbud type headphone device at this price point. You would think that the 80-100 dollar earbuds I have owned in the past would at least be comfortable and have decent sound but, no, not in my experience.

I have never, ever had earbuds in my ears that didn't start hurting after only 15 minutes, so that is the number one thing I value with these. Once you get them situated, which was a bit confusing at first because the buds don't look like they will go into your ear properly, they fit extremely well. It's best to put the earbud in first and then pull your ear out to maneuver the clip onto your ear. The clips can bend but I didn't need to or want to try that. The top edge of your ear lightly rests against the top edge of the clip just enough to hold it in place while not putting a lot of pressure on the earbud in your ear canal. I also prefer to place the wire to the front of my neck instead of the back mainly because I have long hair and even tied up it tends to get tangled. The right and left markings are hard to see; they are imprinted on the white base of the earbud rubber piece. It's easier to just know that the control bar goes on your right. I've taken some pictures.

The range is excellent on these; I walked 30 feet away with no cutting out. While working out in different environments 1-2 hours at a time the sound cut out for a split second about 2-3 times on average, which is about the same as I experience when streaming music at home to my Jambox.

I expected a lot of these and they delivered for the most part, but there are a few things I want to mention as cons:

--Controls are small, too close together, and very hard to press in. I luckily have strong nails and use my thumbnail for the best maneuvering. I think a man with large fingers might have a problem with these control buttons. For the times I'm using cardio equipment I leave my Nano out and use the controls on that instead of the earbuds, much easier.

--The sound, while the best I have experienced with Bluetooth earbuds, is not rich and deep, and out of the many EQ presets my Nano and iPhone offer, only the Pop setting has the fuller sound I like. If your device has an equalizer that you can manually control (if there is such a device) and you are adept at using it then you may be able to get the optimum sound quality out of these. I cannot get the bass to the level I like but at least the sound is not tinny. I'm willing to sacrifice sound quality for not having to deal with wires while working out, it's only 1-2 hours at a time, easy to deal with. I would not use these just walking, or sitting at home listening to music when wires are not much of a burden.

--A small annoyance, but hard on my sensitive ears, is that if you click the volume up button when the volume is already at its highest setting, there is a very loud beep, much louder than the highest volume itself.

Overall I am very happy with these. If any issues come up I will update.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Take Me
Take Me
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly sweet, May 10, 2016
This review is from: Take Me (Kindle Edition)
I was in the mood for some light reading and this looked interesting but I honestly wasn't expecting much. What a nice surprise it was! I thought it was a moving love story with tastefully done sex scenes that didn't get boring or too repetitive like so many you read today. I especially liked that the author didn't succumb to the modern trend in erotic romance of using constant profanity and crude sex terms, like everyone always talks like that. I sure don't find that sexy or romantic at all. Of course, this was written a while ago so that could be why. I plan to read more of Cherry Adair and hope she didn't change that.

Fossil Men's RFID Blocking Ingram Magnetic Card Case, Black, One Size
Fossil Men's RFID Blocking Ingram Magnetic Card Case, Black, One Size
Price: $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a specific purpose, May 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose this for my son who frequently travels for business. Specifically for those trips he wanted something that was small, light and more comfortable to keep in his pocket while flying, etc. than his wallet, the RIFD blocking being a big plus. He only needs the bare minimum of cards and cash with him and that is all that will fit into this case.

It would have been nice if they would've rotated the money clip 180 degrees so that it could be clipped onto pants or shirt pocket if you didn't want to use it for money. If you were to use it this way your cards would be held upside down, although it is such a tight fit the cards probably would never fall out anyway.

It looks good and the leather is high quality, as you would expect from the Fossil name and the higher price. I do think think the price is a bit steep since you can get a Fossil full size leather wallet for around this price range, but I guess you do pay for the protective technology.

If there are any issues down the road I will update.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20