Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Profile for Kevin Davis > Reviews

Browse

Kevin Davis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 1137

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Davis "NewReleaseToday" RSS Feed (Perkasie, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Spirit Of The Living God
Spirit Of The Living God

5.0 out of 5 stars Meredith Andrews [Spirit of the Living God], April 30, 2016
The standout track for me personally is “Spirit of the Living God,” featuring my favorite female worship leader, Meredith Andrews. The song is an ethereal vertical worship ballad in the style of "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)," sung with a stirring passion and filled with the prayerful declarations. This is an incredible song for the Church. Like the hymn "Spirit of the Living God" which sings "fall afresh on me," this song is a game changer when you sing it in Spirit and in Truth to the Lord and ask to be in His presence and to hear His voice. As believers we need to take time to "be still and know that He is God." If we aren't spending time with God, and cutting out the noise of life, we can't "hang on His every Word." Once you allow the Spirit to speak to your heart, "it changes us, it changes what we see and what we seek."

Soar
Soar

5.0 out of 5 stars Meredith Andrews [Soar], April 30, 2016
This review is from: Soar (MP3 Music)
All of her songs are poignant and powerful with earnest, worshipful lyrics. Deeper is one of the top worship albums of the year. This song reminds me that we need to have that type of faith that Jesus describes in the Bible: "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." Being a Christian means that you walk by faith, not by sight. Remember the definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1: "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Meredith's mission is all about writing and singing songs that reflect what it means to have freedom in Christ. This great new worship song really sets me in the proper mindset to praise God for loving me so much that He gave His life away for all that was lost. Meredith has once again written a song that touches my heart and meets me where I am spiritually. I love singing out the lyrics: “Creator, Keeper, life breather, Your name is greater than anything I face, Sustainer, Savior, stronghold breaker, Your name is greater than anything I face.” Amen to that!

Deeper
Deeper
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Meredith Andrews [Deeper], April 30, 2016
This review is from: Deeper (MP3 Music)
Both in her solo music and in her role with Vertical Church Band, Meredith has consistently made it a goal to lead listeners' hearts to a place completely focused on Jesus and on the incredible potential for healing found through Him. That goal and her faithful dedication to giving her voice to God saturate this new release.

Meredith's deep passion for writing and leading songs that keep people's hearts and minds set on Jesus has been clear before in songs such as "Not for a Moment (After All)," "Strong God" and "Spirit of the Living God." Her last album, Worth it All, was my top worship album of the year.

Meredith consistently writes and sings piercing, relevant and moving songs. What's especially cool about this album is how Meredith invites listeners into her life by sharing what's on her heart. She dwells on prayerful yearnings, lays out spiritual truths and worships God all at the same time. Meredith's excellent songwriting, singing and captivating songs have made her my favorite female worship songwriter and singer.

This is the most spine-tingling female led worship project I've experienced this year, and all of these songs are completely anointed, Spirit-led and emotionally captivating. There are no weak songs, and this album is truly a masterpiece. She sings with an amazing passion, with unashamed praise and gratitude to our Savior that is very inspiring and emotionally moving. All of her songs are poignant and powerful with earnest, worshipful lyrics. Deeper is one of the top worship albums of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jordan Feliz [The River], April 29, 2016
This review is from: The River (MP3 Music)
The chorus, “We’re going down to the river, down to the river to pray, Let's get washed by the water, Washed by the water and rise up in amazing grace” does an excellent job of explaining what grace is all about. My pastor uses the acronym, Gods Riches At Christ's Expense to define grace. The picture of God's grace being poured out, like water, is a beautiful and biblical image of the water and the blood that poured out of our Savior Jesus Christ when He hung on the Cross to provide God's riches to us at His own expense. That's when His love washed over us, and when you've put all of your hope and trust in Jesus for your salvation, you can't help but want to celebrate that free gift of undeserved and unmerited favor from God. The Christian walk is summed up poetically in the lyrics, “I've seen it move in my own life, Took me from dusty roads into paradise, All of my dirt, all of my shame, Drowned in the streams that've made me born again.” Dream big, live for God and know that He has great plans for you. It has been said that people remember songs longer than they remember sermons and this is a truly edifying and uplifting offering of praise and adoration of our King, Jesus. Join with Jordan and sing the song of the redeemed: “Let's get washed by the water, Washed by the water and rise up in amazing grace.” Amen to that!

The Well
The Well

5.0 out of 5 stars JJ Heller [The Well], April 29, 2016
This review is from: The Well (MP3 Music)
JJ Heller's vocals will soothe your soul, and several songs have vertical lyrics that will direct your attention and focus to Jesus. JJ's remarkable singing voice and her interesting music and lyrics are truly captivating. Each song serves as a reminder not to let go of hope, to step out of fear and into trust in spite of life's present struggles. This is a very worshipful album. JJ has blessed listeners by writing and singing such piercing and moving songs. "The Well" is a gospel-tinged and gospel-choir backed prayer song, layered musically in a powerful fashion as the song builds to the emotional and vertical proclamation: "I should have been chasing You! You are, You are the well, You are the well that never runs dry." Amen to that!

Kaleidoscope
Kaleidoscope

5.0 out of 5 stars Urban Rescue [Kaleidoscope], April 29, 2016
This review is from: Kaleidoscope (MP3 Music)
This great song and album challenges all of us to live to for Jesus as a "living sacrifice." All of us are absolutely dependent on God. He is the source of all things and He works in all of us to bring glory to Him. After contemplating the declarations that the song confirms in my own life, I reach the same conclusion and join Jordan in singing to God: “I wanna see what You see, Come and rearrange me, Let Your love be my kaleidoscope, Change me from the inside, Show me what it looks like, Let Your love be my kaleidoscope.” The message behind this song is the story of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Though we were all guilty and deserving of judgment, we need to know this truth: “Though I'm broken hope is breaking through, As You open up these weary eyes.” Amen to that!

You Awaken My Soul
You Awaken My Soul

5.0 out of 5 stars Zealand Worship [You Awaken My Soul], April 29, 2016
This review is from: You Awaken My Soul (MP3 Music)
For me, the most encouraging part of the song is the message that I don't have to be perfect or rely on my plans, but that God knows me and loves me just as I am and wants to hear each of us sing “My heart is Yours, It’s Yours to keep, Words just can't explain it, All I know!” That is cause for celebration as we all have freedom to be ourselves and He has great plans for us. We need to live each day knowing that despite circumstances, God has a plan for "those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). This song reminds me to have resolve as a follower of Jesus, to keep my eyes wide open and find ways to serve Him for our good and His glory. My resolution is to pray more fervent prayers, have more faith and to have joy to the fullest. The world is still crying out desperately for a Savior, and our job as followers of Jesus is to tell the world that He came, He lived a perfect, sinless life, He died for our sins and He is risen! That's cause to celebrate and sing out loudly, “You awaken my soul!” Amen to that!

Galaxy
Galaxy

5.0 out of 5 stars Nine Lashes [Galaxy], April 29, 2016
This review is from: Galaxy (MP3 Music)
The lyrics of “Galaxy” challenge me to think about the truth of this song: “A simple thought taking over every part of me, that if our days run short? Time is so hard to ignore.” As we praise God for sending His Son Jesus, we also need to think about what we are doing for His Kingdom. This has been one of my most played songs this year and I love the lyrics, “My heart is pounding inside, there's not a day I'd rewind, though trouble came, it made a way for me to be with You, and now my days run short.” This song reminds us to slow down, think about what really matters and dedicate your life to Him. Amen to that!

Love Makes Us Strong - One Thing Live
Love Makes Us Strong - One Thing Live
Offered by Collide Records
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Onething Live [Love Makes Us Strong], April 27, 2016
Worship Leader Misty Edwards and the worship team at the International House of Prayer (IHOP) in Kansas City, Missouri have breathed several new worship anthems into the Church from their annual Onething Live conferences. Songs like "You Won't Relent," "You Satisfy My Soul," "Arms Wide Open," "Lift Up Your Head," "I Feel His Love," "The Love Inside," "The Gift," "So Come" and "Pour My Love on You" consistently bless me as a worshiper.

I was excited to hear Onething Live: Love Makes Us Strong, recorded at Onething 2015. The project features Forerunner Music artists and IHOPKC worship leaders Misty Edwards, Jaye Thomas, Laura Hackett Park, Jonas Park and Jon Thurlow, and new worship leaders Brenton Dowdy, Lauren Holmes, Christina Reynolds and Chris Tofilon, along with guest worship leader Audrey Assad. The collection includes gorgeous renditions of Audrey's Assad's "I Shall Not Want" by Misty Edwards and Passion's "Even So Come" by Laura Hackett Park.

Love Makes Us Strong is a completely worshipful album in the style of Jesus Culture, Bethel Music, Laura Hackett Park and Misty Edwards' previous offerings of Spirit-led praise directly to our King and Savior Jesus. Every single song could be added to your Sunday morning worship set. The leaders at IHOPKC all write and sing songs with an amazing passion and with unashamed praise and gratitude to our Savior that is inspiring and emotionally moving. The eternal love of Jesus is beautifully expressed in these compelling songs. These are great songs to pray along with and express your own yearnings for holiness and God's presence.

Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Jordan Feliz [The River], April 22, 2016
This review is from: The River (MP3 Music)
New Centricity Artist Jordan Feliz's debut full-length project, The River features songs that were co-written by Feliz including hit single “The River,” which sings “We're goin’ down to the river, Down to the river, Down to the river to pray, Let's get washed by the water, Washed by the water, and rise up in amazing grace.” The River brings the rich influence of 1970's sensibilities into a modern pop context. Intentionally constructing uncluttered tracks free of production tricks and excessive instrumentation, Jordan instead focused on arrangements that were designed to give the vocals center stage. Feliz brings a fresh, mainstream sound with Christian lyrics that is resonating with fans and radio everywhere.

The chorus "We're going down to the river, down to the river to pray, let's get washed by the water, washed by the water and rise up in amazing grace" does an excellent job of explaining what grace is all about. The Christian walk is summed up poetically in the lyrics "I've seen it move in my own life, took me from dusty roads into paradise. All of my dirt, all of my shame, drowned in the streams that've made me born again." Dream big, live for God and know that He has great plans for you. It has been said that people remember songs longer than they remember sermons, and this is a truly edifying and uplifting offering of praise and adoration of our King, Jesus. Join with Jordan and sing the song of the redeemed: "Let's get washed by the water, washed by the water and rise up in amazing grace."

"Never Too Far Gone" is sung as a response from God singing over us as expressed in Zephaniah 3:17. The thought that God rejoices over us with singing is incredible and He is worthy of all of our praise and devotion. We were dead in our sins and by grace we were saved and made alive in Christ! No matter where you are in your walk with Jesus, the song is a salvation message that Jesus, through The Holy Spirit, is by your side. His love for us will never change, and nothing can separate us from it. That's cause to celebrate. The Good News of the Gospel which this song perfectly portrays is that God accepts us no matter what we've done or what we are going through. As the song sings, “Doesn’t matter what you’ve done, You are never, you are never, Never too far gone.”

"Beloved" was written for Jordan's little girl Jolie before she was born. The song is about what this world is going to tell her. Things like, "You're not skinny enough." Or "You're not pretty enough." The song is to people know that no matter what, you are loved beyond your wildest dreams by the Savior of the world. We are His Beloved.

The energy and infectious enthusiasm of the musical feel and celebratory message of these songs cause me to worship along loudly "in Spirit and in Truth." The combination of the stellar vocals, up-tempo melody and OneRepublic-like musical inflection really brings home these solid Gospel messages. God's grace washes us clean in the River of His Holy Spirit, and we become a new creation in Christ. Amen to that!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20