Profile for Kevin Davis > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 427

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Davis "NewReleaseTuesday" RSS Feed (Perkasie, PA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Can't Stop Singing (Live)
Can't Stop Singing (Live)
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Covenant Worship [Can't Stop Singing], July 12, 2014
I “can’t stop singing” the words, “Jesus forever You will be more than enough for me!” That is a sweet offering of praise to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End. It captures the biblical truth that “Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8-NIV). We need daily reminders of the truth of this song that “The power of Jesus Christ in me is more than enough for me” and “Because my heart is full and my soul is free in my weakness You had a plan for me.” We know how Paul expressed in 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NASB) “And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.” That lyric beautifully captures the essence of the Bible passage, which always reminds me that we are vessels and how the Lord uses our weaknesses to demonstrate His strength and power. That’s something worth singing about “in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.” (John 4:23-NASB). As the song proclaims, “let the redeemed of the Lord say so, I can’t stop shouting, can’t stop shouting!” Amen to that!

Broken Vessels (Amazing Grace) (Live)
Broken Vessels (Amazing Grace) (Live)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillsong Worship [Broken Vessels], July 12, 2014
The standout track for me personally on "No Other Name" is "Broken Vessels (Amazing Grace)." It is an ethereal vertical worship ballad in the style of "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)," sung with a stirring passion and filled with the prayerful declarations: "So take this heart Lord, I'll be Your vessel, the world to see Your life in me. Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost I now am found was blind but now I see. I can see You now, I can see the love in Your eyes, Laying Yourself down, Raising up the broken to life." This is an incredible song for the Church.

One Thing Remains
One Thing Remains
Price: $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Culture [One Thing Remains], July 8, 2014
This review is from: One Thing Remains (MP3 Music)
"One Thing Remains" has become a staple for the church with the biblical chorus, "Your Love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me." My favorite part of the song is the bridge: "In death, in life, I'm confident and covered by the power of Your great love, my debt is paid, there's nothing that can separate my heart from Your great love." Amen.

Soon (Live)
Soon (Live)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillsong United [Soon], July 8, 2014
This review is from: Soon (Live) (MP3 Music)
"Soon" was written and originally recorded by Brooke Fraser Ligertwood of Hillsong United, and covered by Adrienne Camp. In the past several years, Brooke's "Lead Me To The Cross," "Desert Song" and "Hosanna" have all ministered to me and I'm extremely moved by this soon to be classic song which is focused on praying for Jesus to come again, "soon and very soon."

Cornerstone (Live)
Cornerstone (Live)
Price: $0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillsong Live [Cornerstone], July 8, 2014
This review is from: Cornerstone (Live) (MP3 Music)
For me, the stand-out song on this collection is the title track "Cornerstone." I can't get enough of this song and the extremely catchy and worshipful lyrics, "Christ alone, Cornerstone / Weak made strong, in the Savior's love / Through the storm, He is Lord / Lord of All." You'll be singing along at the top of your lungs the song and hopefully with your church congregation.

With Everything
With Everything

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillsong United [With Everything], July 8, 2014
This review is from: With Everything (MP3 Music)
This song is one of the most exciting worship songs ever, as it is very personal and extremely moving. "With Everything" has an incredible statement of faith: "Let Hope Rise, every eye will see Jesus our God, great and mighty to be praised."

You Make Me Brave (Studio Version)
You Make Me Brave (Studio Version)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amanda Cook [You Make Me Brave], July 8, 2014
“You Make Me Brave” led by Amanda Cook is truly an anointed and inspiring song filled with biblical language, “As Your love, in wave after wave, crashes over me, crashes over me, for You are for us, You are not against us, Champion of Heaven, You made a way for all to enter in.” You’ll be singing the bridge at the top of your lungs along with Amanda, “You make me brave, You make me brave, You call me out beyond the shore into the waves, no fear can hinder now the promises You made.” These women all clearly love our Lord and Savior Jesus with all of their hearts, a fact that they are excited to sing about in every song, which is very inspiring. Although the songs were written at different times, the theme of relying on God’s strength to make us brave weaves through all of the songs and spontaneous worship moments that all believers need to hear, women and men alike. This album is best described as a worship experience with an ethereal worshipful tone, similar to Kim Walker-Smith and Jesus Culture. These anointed women have consistently impressed me with mature faith and sincere desires to serve Jesus. Being a Christian father of three young daughters, these songs all reflect the yearning for Jesus to make us brave that I pray for my daughters’ to feel in their hearts as well. Every song completely focuses me as a listener on joining in praise, worship and adoration of our beautiful King Jesus, with reminders that the “waves and wind know His Name.”

Sinking Deep (Live)
Sinking Deep (Live)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillsong Young & Free [Sinking Deep], July 5, 2014
This review is from: Sinking Deep (Live) (MP3 Music)
This song excites me as a worshiper to sing directly to Jesus, “Your love so deep, is washing over me, Your face is all I seek, You are my everything, Jesus Christ, You are my one desire, Lord hear my only cry, to know You all my life.” That is a beautiful way to proclaim the biblical promises of the Deep Love of Jesus from Romans 8, and the desire to know Jesus from Philippians 3, and to allow those truths to "sink deep." When you sing the words “I’m wide awake, drawing close, stirred by grace, all my heart is Yours,” you can’t pray that to God and not believe those words with all that is within you. Once you say that prayer to God, allow His grace to stir you with His Holy Spirit. This song is an amazing way to celebrate that we are young, brand new Creations in Christ, and we are Free from the chains of sin. Amen to that!

The Voyage
The Voyage
Price: $5.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Vulnerable and Prayerful Voyage, July 4, 2014
This review is from: The Voyage (MP3 Music)
Nikki Joy is a new Christian music artist from Florida. Nikki describes herself as "Authentic and Redeemed. My best friend happens to be King. A rebel of darkness and a daughter of light. Always looking for a cliff to jump off of...'Cuz I'm ready to take flight! I'm a down-to-earth kinda girl, but my heart is in the sky. A lady in waiting. waiting for God to send in the right guy. I'm a care-free, FREE spirit, living life with a Holy bliss, I'm a leader, I'm a pilgrim, and most importantly I am HIS." Nikki aims to create songs that inspire listeners and refresh the soul. The Voyage is a great new collection of very heart-felt and celebratory songs about the voyage of life we are all on as pilgrims keeping our eyes on the prize of eternal life in Jesus Christ.

What's great is how the album sounds very original and yet familiar at the same time. The opening track "The Voyage," is an engaging song with Nikki's passionate vocals setting the tone for this solid effort with the confessional lyrics, "Take me higher. Take me deeper. I'll go where You go, whatever it takes. A true fighter, I'll travel this course even if my heart breaks. A living sacrifice - to die is gain, to live is Christ."

Like her fellow indie Christian artists, and musical influences Beckah Shae and Lara Landon, the reflective opener has a super-catchy musical vibe and is a wonderful prayer-song about finding regular strength and courage in God's faithful kindness, "keeping our eyes fixed on a new horizon." Every song is a great reminder for followers of Jesus trying to live out their faith.

Upbeat song "After You" has a contemporary pop musical feel. Nikki trusts in the Lord throughout the song as she offer herself as a living sacrifice as she prays in a psalmist style, "You see the depths of my heart, why I do what I do, so let every step, every breath, be pleasing, pleasing."

"Eternal Valentine" has an Adele-style confessional feel, and includes comforting words from our Eternal Valentine, Jesus: "See these holes upon my hands? There's something you must understand. These scars were made just for you, now take your fingers and slip them through...Hang on tight." I can't get enough of singing back this love song to our Savior which He sings over us, "I am yours and you are mine, here's My light now let it shine, I'll love you `til the end of time, signed your eternal Valentine, I love you." The song's lyrics signify a beautiful call and response to and from Jesus.

I can't get enough of the prayerful and vulnerable song about fighting for purity, and waiting for Jesus to reveal the right guy in the inspiring song of surrender to Christ, "Patiently Wait." The song includes the piercing words: "I will patiently wait for you. I know you are coming soon. I will patiently wait for you." You'll feel the emotion so poignantly expressed by Nikki as she passionately cries out "I anticipate the day we are one. A love so strong that can't be undone. Through the hard times, through good times we'll always be singing Love's song." Her commitment to wait on the Lord and listen to His still small voice is truly inspiring, especially as a dad of three young daughters. This song is a wonderful message to pass on to young women who want to pray for God's will in their lives.

Nikki's vocals and heartfelt sincerity in many of the songs including "Treasure of My Blood" cause me to hang on every word she brilliantly sings. The lyrics reflect Jesus calling out to us reminding us "don't doubt My love," closing out this mesmerizing album with the reflective bridge--"Willingly I, bore the heavy cross. To claim you as Mine, and salvage what was lost. Yes, I bore the heavy cross, For you I bore cross, Again, I'd bear the cross...."

Nikki pours her heart out in every single song which allows listeners to eavesdrop on her expressing her deep feelings, insecurities, and desires for holiness directly to God. I really enjoy how this album tells the story of redemption as each song gives a glimpse of how Nikki offers her Psalm-like prayers to God in the style of David dancing before the Lord.

Closing Thoughts (Staff Review, NewReleaseTuesday.com):
If you are looking for the words to express your feelings to God, these songs are a wonderful companion. These are the most transparent, vulnerable and authentic songs I've heard in quite a while. If you like indie-pop style "gourmet" singer-songwriters Beckah Shae and Lara Landon you need to check out Nikki Joy. This entire album is loaded with relatable lyrics, incredible singing and prayerful themes about what it means to be a child of God. Musically, the album features a great mix of laid-back indie-pop and singer-songwriter pop music like Adele and Plumb. Give The Voyage a few deep listens and you'll love it. I hang on every single word and the stirring vocals, prayerful lyrics and musical arrangements are breath-taking.

No Other Name
No Other Name
Price: $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars No Other Name but Jesus, July 1, 2014
This review is from: No Other Name (MP3 Music)
Reuben Morgan and Ben Fielding's song "Mighty to Save" revolutionized and expanded the worldwide impact of Sydney, Australia's Hillsong Church. Churchgoers worldwide are blessed by the ministry of their subsequent songs "Stronger," "Forever Reign," "God is Able" and "Cornerstone" on collections released as Hillsong Live, now renamed Hillsong Worship. No Other Name is the next chapter for Hillsong's Reuben Morgan, Ben Fielding, Joel Houston, Taya Smith and others who are all featured on this stellar collection of Jesus-focused songs for the Church. The album is available everywhere July 1.

The opening track "I Believe (The Creed)" features tender and powerful vocals and takes listeners on an emotional and spiritual journey with every lyric sung about faith in our God Almighty, our Lord and Savior, Jesus. The chorus is very stirring and convicting: "I believe in God our Father, I believe in Christ the Son... I believe in the resurrection, that we will rise again, I believe in the name of Jesus." The song is a great call to worship, and is a fresh offering of praise for the Church to sing out with passion the salvation Creed from the Word of God from Romans 10:9 (NKJV): "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

A sincere desire for the presence of God and to see His Kingdom on earth is found in every song, especially "Heaven and Earth" and "Depths," which are both instantly sing-able prayer songs featuring declarations about Jesus. In this era of electronic music, it is refreshing to hear Hillsong's signature rock style in full effect on these songs.

The standout track for me personally is "Broken Vessels (Amazing Grace)." It is an ethereal vertical worship ballad in the style of "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)," sung with a stirring passion and filled with the prayerful declarations: "So take this heart Lord, I'll be Your vessel, the world to see Your life in me. Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost I now am found was blind but now I see. I can see You now, I can see the love in Your eyes, Laying Yourself down, Raising up the broken to life." This is an incredible song for the Church.

I hope to be singing "No Other Name" with fellow believers. The title track captures the reverence of Acts 4:12 (NKJV): "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Joel Houston leads the song with the bold chorus: "Seated on High, the Undefeated One, Mountains bow down as we lift Him up, there is no other name, There is no other name, Jesus Christ our God."

"Calvary," led by Reuben Morgan, captures the Jesus focused theme: "Calvary, covers it all, my sin and shame, don't count anymore, all praise to the One, Who has ransomed my soul, Calvary covers it all. No One but Jesus can make us pure as snow." The beauty and majesty of our King Jesus is reverently captured throughout the album with anthem after anthem, including "All Things New," "My Story" and "Our Father." Every single song could be added to your worship set. More importantly, this is an album about submitting to the Lordship of Jesus and declaring there is No Other Name than Jesus Christ our God.

Closing Thoughts (Staff Review, NewReleaseTuesday.com):
If you want to experience a fresh, biblically inspired and Kingdom focused worship album, look no further than No Other Name. I'm impressed by the consistent quality and fresh worshipful songs from Hillsong Worship. I've been singing "Mighty to Save," "Stronger," "Cornerstone," "Stand in Awe" and many other Hillsong standards at my church, and I recommend several new worship anthems from this album.

If you are looking for new songs to sing, this album is chock-full of congregational songs, especially "I Believe (The Creed)," "No Other Name," "Depths," "Calvary," "All Things New," "My Story," "Our Father," and the standout "Broken Vessels (Amazing Grace)." I eagerly await each new Hillsong release, and No Other Name is truly stellar. Once again they have released their newest "best" album. I'm drawn to the stirring emotional vocals and deep, prayerful and biblical lyrics throughout the album. This is a great album of new songs for the Church, filled with a sincere desire to sing about the Name above all names, Jesus.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20