Profile for Kevin Davis > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 440

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Davis "NewReleaseTuesday" RSS Feed (Perkasie, PA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
No Better U
No Better U

5.0 out of 5 stars V. Rose [No Better U], September 20, 2014
This review is from: No Better U (MP3 Music)
I have 3 young daughters and I can't help but get emotional when I listen to this song. I know it speaks to girls and women of all ages, and I relate to the message that God created us to have value. I hope I am communicating to each of my girls that she is beautiful, that she is valuable, and that she is a blessing to me. We are valuable to God. The song is a great reminder of the kind of heart we should have both as people valued by God and as Christians who can communicate our value to other people. There are several great themes that are faced by women and girls specifically that the album addresses in a mature and faith-based way. This song is about being made in God's image and not seeking society's approval but knowing that God created and loves us all as we are. That critical message is heard loud and clear in "No Better U." V. Rose delivers that message of affirmation perfectly in the lyrics where she proclaims--"God made you, just like you are, so live for Him, Don't worry about anyone else, one, two, three, take a deep breath, pick up your head, you gotta know." Don't let the world tell you who you are. It doesn't matter what you look like, if you have Jesus on the inside. That's where we can find our true identities, in Him! A great takeaway message is found in the lyrics, "You don't need to be what you're not, nobody to be better than you, so do what you do for God." Amen to that!

Extravagant Love
Extravagant Love
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dustin Smith [Extravagant Love], September 20, 2014
This review is from: Extravagant Love (MP3 Music)
The stirring lyrics of “Extravagant Love” sing directly to Jesus about how “with a mercy that none could ever fathom, You’ve repaid our hatred with Your ransom.” That’s a beautifully poetic description of how our Savior came to save all that was lost by dying for our sins. This song challenges me to think about how the extravagant love of Jesus has transformed me into loving others with the empathy He shows each of us. A line that is really convicting is “You’ve repaid our hatred with Your ransom.” Christians sadly are often depicted for what they are against, and the love of Jesus needs to compel us to start living for the day “they shall beat their swords into plowshares” (Isaiah 2:4). Rather that point out problems in the world, we need to love our enemies into the Kingdom. Jesus is coming back. One day, “at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:10-11). Until then, we need to sing, “O Come and adore Him.” Amen to that!

Lord I'm Ready Now
Lord I'm Ready Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Plumb [Lord I'm Ready Now], September 16, 2014
This review is from: Lord I'm Ready Now (MP3 Music)
"Lord, I'm Ready Now" has a catchy melody and reflects how I feel as a believer. Like "Need You Now" and "I Don't Deserve You," it is a wonderful song of encouragement and a prayer to ask God to break your pride, live redemption's story and move closer to who we're meant to be in Christ. God wants us to know that He's faithful to complete what's He's started in all of us who have put our hope and trust in Jesus. The song celebrates restoration with the lyrics "You called my name, I turned away / But now I am listening / I was so caught up in who I'm not / Can you please forgive me?"

Need You Now (Deluxe Edition)
Need You Now (Deluxe Edition)
Price: $15.48
26 used & new from $6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall Back in Love, September 16, 2014
The first time I heard Plumb's song "God-Shaped Hole," released at the end of the 90s, I immediately connected to the catchy melody and poignant lyrics. Throughout her career, she has continued to entertain and challenge listeners, looking to point us to the One who can fill that "God-shaped hole in all of us."

Plumb's album Need You Now has been one of my favorite albums to savor in years. The combination of Tiffany Arbuckle-Lee's incredible vocal range and her compelling and relevant lyrics have never been more perfectly combined than with this stellar and flawless masterpiece, which was my 2013 Album of the Year. Plumb's longtime producer Matt Bronleewe perfectly describes her unique sound as "raw, lyrically introspective vocals floating across an epic soundscape."

Need You Now (Deluxe Edition), available everywhere September 16, is a collection of powerful and emotional songs including the four new songs "Starting Over," "Fall Back In," "Faithful" and single "Lord, I'm Ready Now." They are songs about the restoration of her marriage after a separation from her husband Jeremy, also chronicled in her book NEED YOU NOW: A Story of Hope.

"Beautiful" perfectly displays the reality of marriage with the poignant lyrics "Oh I don't deserve you ‘cause I always hurt you / then you say the perfect thing / you're beautiful, so beautiful to me." I've been married for twenty years, and the "crazy cycle" of marriage is one that hinges on compromise and asking for forgiveness. Just like in "Real Life Fairytale," Plumb captures the marriage dynamic in a catchy song. Now a mother of three, she seasons her lyrics with her life experience, making them even more relatable to listeners.

The unity message of "One Drop" is also my prayer for my marriage: for God to be at its center. This song is an offering of submission to God's supernatural ability to keep together what would otherwise fall apart. Christians in marriages need to stand up and pray "I need you, and you need me / left alone we will never be who we could be / so take my hand, and don't forget that we can do anything together."

"Starting Over" showcases Plumb's wonderful voice and celebrates the restoration of her marriage. It brings me to tears of joy as I sing along with Tiffany "I'm gonna love you with all that I've got / like it or not, no matter how hard / we can't change all the damage we've done / I'm for starting over." "Fall Back In" continues that theme with the beautiful description of how Tiffany's marriage was restored.

"Faithful" is also deeply moving, especially when Tiffany tenderly sings "You are faithful to me / I am not afraid no matter where I go / You will never leave me / in You I am home." As a father of three daughters and a chosen son of my Heavenly Father, I can't listen to this gorgeous song without being moved. The picture of God's unconditional love for us after all that we've done wrong is profoundly captured in the song.

Closing Thoughts (Staff Review, NewReleaseTuesday.com):
As a Christian father and husband, I can really relate to Plumb's songs about anxiety, marriage and parenthood. Tiffany Arbuckle-Lee is one of my favorite writers in all of Christian music because her songs are so emotional, vulnerable and authentic. These songs come right from her heart and express how many of us feel. All of these songs inspire, challenge and move me.

Need You Now (Deluxe Edition) is a soothing and stirring listening experience, with the additional tracks beautifully complementing the original release material. Every song is catchy and focused on higher truths that we all need to hear and pass on. Plumb is an anointed songwriter and singer, and she has a profound way of piercing my soul with her poignant words, tender singing and inspirational truths. I get welled up singing along with several of these vulnerable songs, especially "Beautiful," "One Drop," "I Want You Here," "Unlovable," "Need You Now," "Don't Deserve You," "Starting Over," "Faithful" and "Lord, I'm Ready Now." All of these majestically beautiful offerings celebrate Plumb's "Real Life Fairytale" and stir listeners to "Fall Back In" love with God and spouses.

Fix My Eyes
Fix My Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars for KING & COUNTRY [Fix My Eyes], September 12, 2014
This review is from: Fix My Eyes (MP3 Music)
This is one of my favorite songs of the year and I was so excited to learn it was nominated for a GMA Dove Award for Song of the Year. I can’t get enough of the biblical truth of the song. I love when artists are inspired by God’s Word from the Bible and hymns of the faith and are inspired to write a great and catchy song filled with truth. I sing this song to God with all of my heart and am inspired to “Love like I'm not scared, Give when it's not fair, Live life for another, Take time for a brother, Fight for the weak ones, Speak out for freedom, Find faith in the battle, Stand tall but above it all, Fix my eyes on You!” Hymns of the faith like "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" have a perfectly poetic biblical description of God and are filled with piercingly difficult truths to believe all of the time. When you put yourself under a microscope and examine whether you really believe all of the words of this great song, you'll find that it will challenge your faith and is a good daily reminder to live out the words of this song. It causes us to examine how closely we are walking with God, fixing our eyes on the Lord, living for Him and seeing that “the things of Earth are dimming in the light of His glory and grace.” The timeless passage, Psalm 121, has application for us today as we live in uncertain times. Know with certainty that “It takes a soldier, who knows his orders, To walk the walk I'm supposed to walk.” Amen to that!

How Can It Be
How Can It Be

5.0 out of 5 stars Lauren Daigle [How Can it Be], September 12, 2014
This review is from: How Can It Be (MP3 Music)
Lauren's song "How Can it Be" has quickly become one of my personal worship anthems, and I hear in her stellar vocals a sincere yearning for Jesus and thankfulness in her heart for God's mercy and grace. This is one of the best worship songs I've ever heard. I'm completely convicted by the strong lyrics and find immense comfort in this song filled with biblical truth. Lauren's tender vocals take you on an emotional journey that gives me goose bumps every time I hear this song. I am especially comforted by the truth of the lyrics: "You gave Your life, to give me mine, You say that I am free, how can it be?" The message behind this song is the story of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Though we are all guilty and deserve judgment, and like the woman caught in adultery, we need to know this truth: "I've been hiding, afraid I've let You down, inside I doubt, That You could love me, But in Your eyes there's only grace now." If you've been holding on to guilt and shame the truth of this song portrays the heart of our Advocate, Jesus who stands before God. Remember 1 John 2:2 (NKJV): "And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins and not for ours only but also for the whole world." This song is truly the Gospel message of grace. How can you not be moved when you think about how Jesus took our place on the Cross? Allow that truth to sink in, and then sing along with Lauren this emotive description of what Jesus does for us as His children, "You plead my cause, You right my wrongs, You break my chains, You overcome." Amen to that!

Out of Hiding
Out of Hiding

5.0 out of 5 stars Steffany Gretzinger [Out of Hiding], September 8, 2014
This review is from: Out of Hiding (MP3 Music)
Steffany begins the song "Out of Hiding (The Father's Song)" with these prayerful words sung from the perspective of our Father God singing over us, "Come out of Hiding, you're safe here with Me, there's no need to cover what I already see." Right from the opening notes, you'll be captivated by the melody and message of this amazing song. The song celebrates one of the truths we can cling to as believers. In our fallen and sinful tendencies, God still thinks of us as His children. Once you've accepted Jesus as our substitute and Savior, God views us as white as snow through the blood of His Son instead of in our dirty states. That alone is cause for celebration. This album "The Undoing" is an excellent set of songs that focus on the central themes of asking God to inhabit our inner being and truly allow the power of the Holy Spirit to sanctify us, along with relying solely on the love of Jesus to truly mold our hearts and make us more like Him.

Bring Us Back
Bring Us Back

5.0 out of 5 stars Bellarive [Bring Us Back], September 8, 2014
This review is from: Bring Us Back (MP3 Music)
My heartbeat as a worshiper is to sing songs that reflect my excitement about what God has done in my life, bringing me back from darkness into His glorious light. This album "Before There Was" beautifully celebrates those emotions. This song "Bring Us Back" is a great way to allow the truth of the Gospel to soak in, starting with the first verse "You didn't just take our sin, You filled us, You filled us up with Your righteousness." That’s the filling of the Holy Spirit described in Romans 8:11. The Lord wants to use us, drawing us closer to Himself and sending us out filled with His Spirit, as in Ephesians 5:13-14: "When the light shines, it exposes even the dark and shadowy things and turns them into pure reflections of light. This is why they sing." I can't get enough of this song, especially the bridge "Your presence will lead us, into the light we will walk, we will walk." Amen to that!

Steady Heart (feat. Amanda Cook)
Steady Heart (feat. Amanda Cook)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Steffany Gretzinger feat. Amanda Cook [Steady Heart], September 8, 2014
"Steady Heart" is a hook-filled and ambient indie-pop vibe prayer song that proclaims "I can't see what's in front of me, still I will trust You." I could hear the song being played in coffee shops alongside artists like Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles. It is truly one of my favorite tracks on this flawless album.This is an excellent set of songs that focus on the central themes of asking God to inhabit our inner being and truly allow the power of the Holy Spirit to sanctify us, along with relying solely on the love of Jesus to truly mold our hearts and make us more like Him. I really love how expressive these songs are. Steffany loves a lot, and that is evident throughout this stellar "gourmet" offering. These are all stand-out tracks filled with overwhelming biblical truth, and they are companions in my personal prayer and worship time. Steffany sings songs with an amazing passion, with unashamed praise and gratitude to our Savior that is very inspiring and emotionally moving. All of these songs are poignant and powerful with earnest, worshipful lyrics. This is truly a moving and prayerful worship experience.

Love Rain Down
Love Rain Down

5.0 out of 5 stars Julie Elias [Love Rain Down], August 30, 2014
This review is from: Love Rain Down (MP3 Music)
Julie's heartbeat as a worship leader is to bring worshippers to a place of adoration of Jesus. This song is the perfect combination of a catchy melody, call to worship and prayer for sanctification. We know from Scripture that The Holy Spirit is described as living water and rains down on believers when they put their faith and trust in Jesus. We are washed clean and made new. That's a cool imagery and there's an abandon expressed in this song crying out for God's supernatural ability to enter our empty vessels and fill us up with Him. We need His love to rain down on us to get through our circumstances in a fallen world. There's a hopeful and celebratory message in this song proclaiming back to Jesus, "Let love rain down." That's how they'll know we are Christians, by His love. Jesus commands us to love God and love people. This song captures the essence of those greatest commandments. Sing along with Julie: "Only Your love can heal me and wash my spirit clean." Amen to that!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20