Profile for Kevin Davis > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 660

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Davis "NewReleaseTuesday" RSS Feed (Perkasie, PA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
For Every Curse
For Every Curse
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Experience and Encounter Jesus, May 25, 2015
This review is from: For Every Curse (MP3 Music)
Released April 20, Daniel Bashta’s For Every Curse is truly an anointed album and can best be described as a prophetic worship experience. This album follows Bashta's 2011 debut, The Sounds of Daniel Bashta, which sparked the worship anthem "God's Not Dead (Like A Lion)" that was also recorded by Newsboys, David Crowder*Band and others, and continues to circle the globe in church services, on radio and in concert halls everywhere, and The Invisible which was one of my top 10 worship albums of 2013.

"Seas of Crimson” is one of the best expressions of faith and devotion I've ever experienced and sends tingles down my spine as I lose myself in prayer and adoration of my Savior. The song is my favorite new worship anthem of the year, which I hope I'll be singing with fellow believers. The song is also on Bethel Music's album We Will Not Be Shaken and has a great worshipful bridge: "Where there was sin Your love rushed in, where sin runs deep Your grace runs deeper, for all enslaved the ransom paid, Light of the world, Yours is the power!"

As is typical of Daniel’s signature style, both soaring and subdued vocals bear the same provoking, soul-stirring potency. His penchant for cutting through embellishment to reveal the heart of a matter shines through in each track, resonating beautifully in this vast atmosphere of worship.

Daniel has consistently impressed me with his mature faith and his sincere desire to serve Jesus. Song after song, the album gives voice to the faith of a generation willing to open the door for the miraculous, redemptive work of God to infiltrate everything. The worship experience flows seamlessly from track to track highlighted by “Praise the Lord,” “Still I Will Praise You,” “I Will Sing” and the powerful closing track “Praise The Invisible.”

Closing Thoughts (Staff Review, NewReleaseTuesday.com):
Daniel Bashta's songs are all musically layered with his raw vocal interpretation which are suited for corporate worship and are revelations of God's presence. Savor these anointed songs and allow them to bring a tingling of the Holy Spirit and listen to God's still small voice. They are among the best worship tracks I've heard on any album. I am very impressed by this album and it is already in heavy rotation for me in my personal time of worship and reflection.

Daniel has taken the next step forward in establishing his unique brand of vulnerable, sincere and gourmet worship songwriting. If you like the charismatic worship artists Jesus Culture, Bethel Music and Bashta's hit song "God’s Not Dead (Like a Lion)," then don't miss out on For Every Curse. The album is loaded with meaningful and moving songs for the Church. Get ready to experience and encounter Jesus in these captivating songs.

Glory Bound
Glory Bound
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matt Maher [Glory Bound], May 25, 2015
This review is from: Glory Bound (MP3 Music)
“Glory Bound” has a “Turn Around” style musical vibe with an infectious chorus: “Well I don’t which way you’re going, I don’t know if you’re lost or found, all that I know is you’ve been forgiven, I’ll tell you this train is glory bound.” I can’t get enough of this great worship anthem and the emotion and biblical truth that Matt brings to the song, particularly in the bridge, “Come on, make some room in your heart for mercy, come on make some room for a little grace. Come on make some room for the sinners and the saints.” Jesus tells us throughout the Bible that love is all we need and commands us to “love one another.” He loved us so much that He came to die for our sins and yet even as Christians, we create so much conflict and strife amongst ourselves.

Seas of Crimson
Seas of Crimson

5.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Bashta [Seas of Crimson], May 25, 2015
This review is from: Seas of Crimson (MP3 Music)
"Seas of Crimson" is my favorite new worship anthem of the year, which I hope I'll be singing with fellow believers. The song is also on Bethel Music's album We Will Not Be Shaken and has a great worshipful bridge: "Where there was sin Your love rushed in, where sin runs deep Your grace runs deeper, for all enslaved the ransom paid, Light of the world, Yours is the power!" I'm really engaged by the emotional vocals and the deep, prayerful lyrics throughout the album. Daniel Bashta writes and sings songs with an amazing passion and with unashamed praise and gratitude to our Savior that is very inspiring and emotionally moving. After repeated listens, the songs get deeper into the recesses of your heart with the challenging messages. Whether as an album to set the mood for reflection and worship or for personal times of devotion, I rate For Every Curse highly.

Overcomer
Overcomer

5.0 out of 5 stars Mandisa [Overcomer], May 23, 2015
This review is from: Overcomer (MP3 Music)
I can't get enough of the biblical and worshipful chorus of "Overcomer"--"You're an overcomer / Stay in the fight `til the final round / You're not going under / `Cause God is holding you right now / You might be down for a moment / Feeling like it's hopeless / That's when He reminds You / That you're an overcomer." The album's theme centers on the idea that there is hope in the midst of life's battles. That theme is a continuation of the empowering message from her hit song "Stronger." The song is such a great reminder that there is hope in Jesus, who tells us in John 16:33 (NIV): "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Amen to that!

I Am Not Alone (Radio Version)
I Am Not Alone (Radio Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kari Jobe [I Am Not Alone], May 23, 2015
“I Am Not Alone” is a gorgeous ballad. You’ll be worshipping our King Jesus right along with Kari as she sings “I am not alone, I am not alone, You will go before me, You will never leave me.” What a great way to profess your desire and ask the Lord to be in His Presence. If you feel alone, know that you can sincerely pray these words along with Kari “You amaze me, Redeem me, You call me as Your own.”

Because He Lives (Amen)
Because He Lives (Amen)
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matt Maher [Because He Lives], May 23, 2015
Every now and then a song comes along that I can really sing as a daily prayer in response to my Savior, and this album is loaded with that type of song, in particular “Because He Lives (Amen).” As Matt declares in the song, “I believe in the Son, I believe in the risen One, I believe I overcome, by the power of His blood.” Consider those words when you are starting your day and have this sentiment be your daily anthem, “Amen, Amen, I’m alive, I’m alive because He lives, Amen Amen, Let my song join the one that never ends, Because He lives.” The lyrics, “I know He holds my life, my future in His hands” is the type of worshipful sentiment that has always attracted me to Matt’s incredible songwriting. Matt has written several amazing songs for the Church and this song resonates with believers everywhere.

Christ Be All Around Me (Live) [feat. All Sons & Daughters]
Christ Be All Around Me (Live) [feat. All Sons & Daughters]
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Leeland feat. All Sons & Daughters [Christ Be All Around Me], May 22, 2015
I love the pacing of this song, as like the prayer of Saint Patrick, the contemplative words lead to the beautiful expression of faith of Christ being all around us. The bridge, “Your life, Your death, Your blood was shed, for every moment, every moment” is the part of the song that I personally find myself excitedly and humbly singing those words at the top of my lungs as a vertical expression of faith to my Lord and Savior, Jesus. When I hear the first note of this song, I stick with it every time and wait in hopeful anticipation to belt out that bridge to the Lord. This song includes Truth from God’s Word that I want to have in my family’s minds, hearts, and souls, to know that no matter what we are going through or facing in our lives, we can always know that “above and below me, before and behind me, in every eye that sees me, Christ be all around me.” The song also embodies the concept found in Saint Francis of Assisi’s quote, “Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” Amen to that!

As Sure as the Sun
As Sure as the Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellie Holcomb [As Sure as the Sun], May 22, 2015
This review is from: As Sure as the Sun (MP3 Music)
Piano based opening title track “As Sure As the Sun” is an unashamed declaration of faith based on Hosea 6:3. Ellie belts out the sincere words, “There is Good News, there is good Truth, that you can never change, no matter what you do, you are loved, more than you know more than you could hope for after everything you’ve done, as sure as the sun will rise, and chase away the night, as sure the sun will rise, His mercy will not end.” The album is loaded with that type of profound lyrical truth as Ellie tenderly sings about her source of hope, Jesus. Throughout the song she achingly sings “His mercy will not end” which is a worshipful response to her Savior reflecting the blessed hope of someone who understands the Good News of grace. As expressed in Luke 7:47 (NKJV): "Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." Ellie loves a lot, and that is evident throughout this stellar “gourmet” offering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizens & Saints [The Mighty Hand of God], May 22, 2015
This review is from: The Mighty Hand of God (MP3 Music)
This song has such a contemporary sound, and the message is inspirational for followers of Jesus regardless of your musical preference. The energy and excitement of this album is infectious. You won't be able to help wanting to dance and sing along with this exciting new song of praise. I'm both challenged and entertained by this song and album, and I love hearing Scripture proclaimed in fresh and exciting ways. I can't get enough of the Biblical truth of the song and I love when artists take Gods' Word from the Bible and turn it into a great and catchy song filled with truth. I sing this song to God with all of my heart and know that “No height, no depth could ever separate us, from the power of His great love!" The timeless passage, Romans 8:28-29, has application for us today as we live in uncertain times and when we question whether God can really love us after all of our mistakes. As this song proclaims, “Even though our hearts are prone to wander, We could never run beyond His reach, Nothing in the world could separate us, From the love of Christ our King.” Amen to that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizens & Saints [The Mighty Hand of God], May 22, 2015
This review is from: The Mighty Hand of God (MP3 Music)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20