Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Kevin Davis > Reviews

Browse

Kevin Davis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 1142

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Davis "NewReleaseToday" RSS Feed (Perkasie, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Forever Home
Forever Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Brian Free & Assurance [Forever Home], May 28, 2016
This review is from: Forever Home (MP3 Music)
We all need to remember that earth isn't our permanent home and our freedom from the restlessness of this world will come when we enter the true rest that can only come from living eternally with Jesus Christ. This song has become a personal worship anthem for me to sing and remember that "everything under the sun is meaningless." As St. Augustine put it so perfectly, "our hearts are restless until they rest in You." As we look at the fallen world around us, we all need to lift our eyes up to God and put all of our faith and hope in Him. For the saved In Christ, one day “God will wipe away every tear, there will be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.” As believers, we all need to live for Heaven and not get depressed or angry about our fallen world. Pain and suffering point us to God and how much we need Him. In reflecting on our eternal home, I am very moved by the lyrics, “Forever home, Living in the arms of Jesus now, Standing in the shadow of the throne he bows, I can almost see him there, No more tears, pain has lost its hold on him, He's more alive than he's ever been.” Amen to that!

He's the Light of the World
He's the Light of the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs of Peace [He's the Light of the World], May 28, 2016
The ultimate free gift of grace is that "the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin." That's cause for true community amongst God's sons and daughters and true fellowship with Him and one another as described in John's epistle. Jesus wants to give you Himself and share in His light of life, and not walk in darkness. Before God created man, He created light. God sent Jesus so that we could have light return. As believers that's our story and also our challenge, to think about how we are reflecting the light of Jesus and how we are spending our time before we die. Now that Jesus has ascended to Heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father, He tells us in His Word that through the Holy Spirit living inside of us, that we are the light of the world, and a city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. (Matthew 5:14) This song celebrates that amazing gift. Sing along in joy, “He's The Light of the World, Shining it into My Heart, He's The Light of the World. Now I'll Never Walk in the Dark.” Amen to that!

Smoke
Smoke

5.0 out of 5 stars Plumb [Smoke], May 21, 2016
This review is from: Smoke (MP3 Music)
So many people can relate to the message of this great song. He is a God of infinite second chances. This song is a comforting message that there is always hope, breathe it in like oxygen, and God’s hope will turn whatever you are going through into something different for His glory. God's mercy is new each day, and it is not based on our performance, or what we can do for God. He pours out His mercy despite what we've done, there's nothing we can do except trust in His Son Jesus. Tiffany writes and sings her breath, given to her by God, into anointed new songs for the church. You'll be blessed by this powerful song which is a stand-out anthem with a convicting declaration: “You are my hope, You are my song, You are the oxygen inside these weary lungs, You are my safe place, You are my home, You are my shelter when it all goes up in smoke!” Amen to that!

Wordless (Bonus Track)
Wordless (Bonus Track)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lauren Daigle [Wordless], May 13, 2016
This review is from: Wordless (Bonus Track) (MP3 Music)
You can know Jesus personally. Reach out to Him and know with certainty: "perfect love casts out fear." When you listen to the lyrics, “'Cause every time I find You, I'm a little more undone, When You come,” allow the thought to bring you to a place of worship. There is no fear in love. He wants a relationship with us, and He is rejoicing over us with singing, which blows me away every time I think about that concept. Sing back to Him, “I am speechless, but I can't keep quiet, and I am wordless, but I can't stay silent.” This song is all about trusting in God and confessing to Him and others when you fail or have a struggle. Lay those at the feet of Jesus and He’ll take them from you and release you from that burden. God wants to hear from you. What a powerful expression of what it means to be accept that God never leaves or forsakes us as His followers. He is all we need. Join in with Lauren as she prays out to Jesus: “There isn't any fear here, there isn't any fear in love.” Amen to that!

Resonate
Resonate

5.0 out of 5 stars LoveCollide [Resonate], May 11, 2016
This review is from: Resonate (MP3 Music)
I was immediately hooked by the message of the song, knowing that it is connected to the two greatest commandments from Jesus to us: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind" and "love your neighbor as yourself." In Mark 16:15, Jesus commands: "Preach the Gospel to every creature." There are no conditions or exceptions in that command. It's more of a lifestyle that Jesus calls us to live as Christians. That's our destiny, to preach the Gospel, love God and love one another. God wants us to know that He's faithful to complete what's He's started in all of us who have put our hope and trust in Jesus. This song convicts me that I don't want to waste any more time. Sing along: “Chose me, use me, For Your glory, I want to be part of Your story, I am ready, I will follow You.” Amen to that!

Spirit Of The Living God
Spirit Of The Living God

5.0 out of 5 stars Meredith Andrews [Spirit of the Living God], April 30, 2016
The standout track for me personally is “Spirit of the Living God,” featuring my favorite female worship leader, Meredith Andrews. The song is an ethereal vertical worship ballad in the style of "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)," sung with a stirring passion and filled with the prayerful declarations. This is an incredible song for the Church. Like the hymn "Spirit of the Living God" which sings "fall afresh on me," this song is a game changer when you sing it in Spirit and in Truth to the Lord and ask to be in His presence and to hear His voice. As believers we need to take time to "be still and know that He is God." If we aren't spending time with God, and cutting out the noise of life, we can't "hang on His every Word." Once you allow the Spirit to speak to your heart, "it changes us, it changes what we see and what we seek."

Soar
Soar

5.0 out of 5 stars Meredith Andrews [Soar], April 30, 2016
This review is from: Soar (MP3 Music)
All of her songs are poignant and powerful with earnest, worshipful lyrics. Deeper is one of the top worship albums of the year. This song reminds me that we need to have that type of faith that Jesus describes in the Bible: "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." Being a Christian means that you walk by faith, not by sight. Remember the definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1: "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Meredith's mission is all about writing and singing songs that reflect what it means to have freedom in Christ. This great new worship song really sets me in the proper mindset to praise God for loving me so much that He gave His life away for all that was lost. Meredith has once again written a song that touches my heart and meets me where I am spiritually. I love singing out the lyrics: “Creator, Keeper, life breather, Your name is greater than anything I face, Sustainer, Savior, stronghold breaker, Your name is greater than anything I face.” Amen to that!

Deeper
Deeper
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Meredith Andrews [Deeper], April 30, 2016
This review is from: Deeper (MP3 Music)
Both in her solo music and in her role with Vertical Church Band, Meredith has consistently made it a goal to lead listeners' hearts to a place completely focused on Jesus and on the incredible potential for healing found through Him. That goal and her faithful dedication to giving her voice to God saturate this new release.

Meredith's deep passion for writing and leading songs that keep people's hearts and minds set on Jesus has been clear before in songs such as "Not for a Moment (After All)," "Strong God" and "Spirit of the Living God." Her last album, Worth it All, was my top worship album of the year.

Meredith consistently writes and sings piercing, relevant and moving songs. What's especially cool about this album is how Meredith invites listeners into her life by sharing what's on her heart. She dwells on prayerful yearnings, lays out spiritual truths and worships God all at the same time. Meredith's excellent songwriting, singing and captivating songs have made her my favorite female worship songwriter and singer.

This is the most spine-tingling female led worship project I've experienced this year, and all of these songs are completely anointed, Spirit-led and emotionally captivating. There are no weak songs, and this album is truly a masterpiece. She sings with an amazing passion, with unashamed praise and gratitude to our Savior that is very inspiring and emotionally moving. All of her songs are poignant and powerful with earnest, worshipful lyrics. Deeper is one of the top worship albums of the year.

The River
The River

5.0 out of 5 stars Jordan Feliz [The River], April 29, 2016
This review is from: The River (MP3 Music)
The chorus, “We’re going down to the river, down to the river to pray, Let's get washed by the water, Washed by the water and rise up in amazing grace” does an excellent job of explaining what grace is all about. My pastor uses the acronym, Gods Riches At Christ's Expense to define grace. The picture of God's grace being poured out, like water, is a beautiful and biblical image of the water and the blood that poured out of our Savior Jesus Christ when He hung on the Cross to provide God's riches to us at His own expense. That's when His love washed over us, and when you've put all of your hope and trust in Jesus for your salvation, you can't help but want to celebrate that free gift of undeserved and unmerited favor from God. The Christian walk is summed up poetically in the lyrics, “I've seen it move in my own life, Took me from dusty roads into paradise, All of my dirt, all of my shame, Drowned in the streams that've made me born again.” Dream big, live for God and know that He has great plans for you. It has been said that people remember songs longer than they remember sermons and this is a truly edifying and uplifting offering of praise and adoration of our King, Jesus. Join with Jordan and sing the song of the redeemed: “Let's get washed by the water, Washed by the water and rise up in amazing grace.” Amen to that!

The Well
The Well

5.0 out of 5 stars JJ Heller [The Well], April 29, 2016
This review is from: The Well (MP3 Music)
JJ Heller's vocals will soothe your soul, and several songs have vertical lyrics that will direct your attention and focus to Jesus. JJ's remarkable singing voice and her interesting music and lyrics are truly captivating. Each song serves as a reminder not to let go of hope, to step out of fear and into trust in spite of life's present struggles. This is a very worshipful album. JJ has blessed listeners by writing and singing such piercing and moving songs. "The Well" is a gospel-tinged and gospel-choir backed prayer song, layered musically in a powerful fashion as the song builds to the emotional and vertical proclamation: "I should have been chasing You! You are, You are the well, You are the well that never runs dry." Amen to that!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20